Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
    Really? I always thought Jessica was the weaker Weir... that's why I just don't see Rodney and Blonde!Weir together, without her putting him in his place all the time he'd give her no respect.
    Well, I don't know about her as Weir again, but she was in Earth 2 and was pretty tough.

I doubt they'd bring her back though. They already messed with our sense of realism by changing her once... I doubt they'd do it again. And I liked the way Torri did the character too much. Torri's Weir was strong and a leader, but she also was a bit of a geek (at least in season 1) which is probably why she got along with Rodney so well. Jessica's Weir seemed a bit more polished and professional to me, and perhaps a little reserved. I don't know if I'd want to try and re-work how I feel about a character that much.

Comment

I hope everybody is voting for the Stargate Fan Awards! There are only 10 days left and you don't want to miss any good McWeir vids, art, or fics.

Also, lets get some more McWeir votes over at the Ship Game! We're tied for Second with Cadman/Carson and we need to pull ahead!
      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Remember, only 5 days left to get in your captions for the banners and we REALLY need more! Seriously, don't worry if you think yours are silly - no one will know who entered them unless it wins.

Comment

Only 1 day left for the caption contest entries!

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin View Post
            Only 1 day left for the caption contest entries!
            I'm so not good at captions... but okay, give me the link again and I'll try?

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
              I'm so not good at captions... but okay, give me the link again and I'll try?
              Here.
              http://central.mcweir.com/news.php?readmore=20

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin View Post
                Okay, sent you a couple

Comment

On the off chance anyone else will send any more in, I won't be posting the polls until at least tomorrow (it'll take me a while to compile them anyhow. )

Comment

I did send some yesterday so I wouldn't feel guilty about not doing it... *giggles*

Comment

i can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with

"victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                      "what?"
                      *throat punch*
                      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Voting is now open on the S2 banner captions, going on until March 11th - see here - and also you don't have to be a member of Central to do so.

EDIT: Got technical issues - do not vote. Looks like none of the polls software I can find will work properly, so the polls suspended until I solve the issue, apologies.
                        Last edited by Purpleyin; 28 February 2008, 08:16 AM.

Comment

2nd time lucky? Voting is now open, going on until March 11th - see the link in post above (still the right one. )

We did have technical issues yesterday, but fingers crossed everything is okay this time - tested fine for me at least. Anyone who voted previously will need to revote, apologies. If you do experience any problems don't hesitate to let me know.

Comment

voted

Kindred II
                            Spoiler:
                            I guess I should have expected Elizabeth would be mentioned. Shocks went up my arms in that scene

Last Man preview at the end of Kindred II
                            Spoiler:
                            Uh... is that a McKay/Keller kiss?? That's really not fitting my shippy vibes right now...

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                              voted

Kindred II
                              Spoiler:
                              I guess I should have expected Elizabeth would be mentioned. Shocks went up my arms in that scene

Last Man preview at the end of Kindred II
                              Spoiler:
                              Uh... is that a McKay/Keller kiss?? That's really not fitting my shippy vibes right now...

Spoiler:
                              i started to cry when elizabeth was mentioned, and rodney's facial expression made it even worse. and omg, rondey and keller were kissing????????
                              thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Yeah, I loved that scene in Kindred 2. Rodney really wears his emotions on his sleeve when it comes to her.

And in regards to Last Man...
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm all but convinced that the smooch happens in an alternate future (where Rodney is old and Atlantis is stuck in a desert) and therefore Rodney/Keller will not be canon. TPTB is just messing with the fans, which is actually rather odd considering how they were pushing the Rodney/Katie ship earlier.

Also, voting for the Stargate Fan Awards appears to be ending March 3rd! There's lots of McWeir fanfic, vids, and art nominations, so get over there and pick your faves!

Comment

Working...
                                X