Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Renenutet
    Careful Ra-hanna, that could easily change in the future....I don't smpke but I sure hope they stay out of the personal property relm.
    That's when things start getting scary. Not a smoker (a mild one in college but quit that) and I don't live in an area where the banning of smoking has taken place. I couldn't even imagine walking into a bar and not smelling cigarette smoke.

Speaking of habits. Does Weir have any habits that you've noticed? I know McKay has several "habits." (finger snapping, waving his hands about when talking, interrupting some one when they're talking) but has anyone picked up on Weir?

Side note: As for Rodney flinging his hands about when he talks, I know someone somewhere said it and it makes me laugh when I think about it... "would Rodney still be able to speak if his hands were tied?" {giggle, giggle, snort!}
    "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
    "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
    Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
    Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
    "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
    Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
    Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
    (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
      That's when things start getting scary. Not a smoker (a mild one in college but quit that) and I don't live in an area where the banning of smoking has taken place. I couldn't even imagine walking into a bar and not smelling cigarette smoke.
      Well, they've already started county smoking bans here in Minnesota. I'm not a smoker and I'm thrilled that I can now go into a bar and not go home with smoke in my hair and clothes. However, the Libertarian in me isn't so sure the govt. needs to be involved here, but that's another topic entirely...

Speaking of habits. Does Weir have any habits that you've noticed? I know McKay has several "habits." (finger snapping, waving his hands about when talking, interrupting some one when they're talking) but has anyone picked up on Weir?
      Can't think of anything offhand. (oh man, bad pun and I wasn't even trying ) I have noticed in the Gift that she seems to be picking up Rodney's hand gestures though, cute!

Side note: As for Rodney flinging his hands about when he talks, I know someone somewhere said it and it makes me laugh when I think about it... "would Rodney still be able to speak if his hands were tied?" {giggle, giggle, snort!}
      Oh, that would be a hysterical scene! Short answer - yes, but he would be exceedingly cranky. (Well, cranky if he was being held prisoner. Now if Elizabeth had tied him up... Evil!)

Comment

Originally posted by in circles
        Glad everyone likes it
        Do you want something similar for the main site? What text are you wanting on it?
        Yes. Um, text...not too sure actually. Anyone got any ideas? I was liking McWeir Central but I wasn't sure whether majority of people agreed or not - seemed a bit unclear.

In circles, what program do you use for graphics? If you have one that means you can save with layers separate then I guess then we wouldn't have to worry because if name changed the text layer could be changed very easily later, right?

Comment

It may have been the
          Spoiler:
          faux Weir
          but it was real Rodney, right? And he came off as being really comfortable with it all. Like if it had been anyone else he may have been more fumbly, bumbly.

I too was wondering if Torri is a smoker. She made the comment about Cigs and martinis but I also saw a vid clip where she made a gesture of smoking. Strange how things like that stand out. But I guess it would in a society where the government will ban smoking just about everywhere except your personal property.
          Spoiler:
          Well he was distracted by the pleasant idea of his date but he did drop everything for her.....

Yes, faux Weir wore that suit, real Weir the pink tshirt and fake Rodney alway had a labcoat rather than real Rodney's more casual clothes.

What confuses me even now was that I always thought they were sharing a reality at the beginning in the briefing and that you only saw them with faux versions after they'd separated and gone home and then come back. What do others think?

As for smoking - I wish it was banned here in the Uk. I think there was talk of banning it in pubs etc but there was an outcry about it. For me that would be great news since I'm asthmatic and it's crappy that I can't stay long in some pubs or at concerts etc because of people smoking. Fair enough when others want to smoke (and if Torri does then I'd still respect her, though I hope not) but it isn't nice when it affects others.
          Last edited by Purpleyin; 13 April 2005, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
            Oh, that would be a hysterical scene! Short answer - yes, but he would be exceedingly cranky. (Well, cranky if he was being held prisoner. Now if Elizabeth had tied him up... Evil!)
            If it's anything like some FanFic I've read and Weir tied him up, well, I don't think there would be any talking needed.

I can imagine if Weir and McKay were tied up in a hostage situation.
            Imagine if you will (fade into imagenary scene) Weir tied to a chair and McKay tied to a chair. Some alien goon is circling them asking them questions about Atlantis and Weir keeps refusing to answer. Rodney just keeps fidgeting in his chair. They drag Weir away. (fade in next scene) Rodney (still tied to the chair) looking dazed with 2 alien goons standing over him. "I don't understand it," says one alien. "We gave them both the truth serum. The woman began answering our questions right away. But this one acts as if he can't speak!"

(now you know why I don't write fanfic. )
            "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
            Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore

Comment

Well Weir has that little amused smile she gets often when dealing with Rodney but otherwise she leans on balconies alot, bracing herself against railings and of course she seems to have started to adopt Rodney's finger pointing...{squee}
              Hehe, now that's a good plot bunny for the smut group...

Comment

If it's anything like some FanFic I've read and Weir tied him up, well, I don't think there would be any talking needed.
                Does it exist already?! Tell me...
                I can imagine if Weir and McKay were tied up in a hostage situation.
                Imagine if you will (fade into imagenary scene) Weir tied to a chair and McKay tied to a chair. Some alien goon is circling them asking them questions about Atlantis and Weir keeps refusing to answer. Rodney just keeps fidgeting in his chair. They drag Weir away. (fade in next scene) Rodney (still tied to the chair) looking dazed with 2 alien goons standing over him. "I don't understand it," says one alien. "We gave them both the truth serum. The woman began answering our questions right away. But this one acts as if he can't speak!"

(now you know why I don't write fanfic. )
                Aw but I'd love to read that, it would be so funny. Not all fanfic as to be terribly terribly serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                  Yes. Um, text...not too sure actually. Anyone got any ideas? I was liking McWeir Central but I wasn't sure whether majority of people agreed or not - seemed a bit unclear.
                  For the name of the main page? Sounds good to me. (still not the biggest fan of "McWeir" though...makes me want to go to McDonalds ) Could it be abbreviated to MWC, that way it could be McWeir or McKay/Weir for stubborn people like me? Also, does that mean the fanfic archive is going to be McWeir Fanfiction Archive?

Wait wait, does that mean you've actually found fanfic where Elizabeth ties him up? TELL ME! If not, I agree that it has excellent plot bunny potential, esp. for that Yahoo...sister group...

Comment

For the name of the main page? Sounds good to me. (still not the biggest fan of "McWeir" though...makes me want to go to McDonalds ) Could it be abbreviated to MWC, that way it could be McWeir or McKay/Weir for stubborn people like me? Also, does that mean the fanfic archive is going to be McWeir Fanfiction Archive?
                    Hmm, maybe the main site should be McKay/Weir Central then - I'm happy with that. The url was going to be www.mcweir.com but we don't have to have either site named that - just that mcweir is fairly unique as far as site addresses go.

As for the fic archive it was going to be Drs Weir and McKay Fanfiction Archive or something very similar. The text on the site graphic (Weir McKay archive) is just fine since the other is length but which should the actual site use?
                    Wait wait, does that mean you've actually found fanfic where Elizabeth ties him up? TELL ME! If not, I agree that it has excellent plot bunny potential, esp. for that Yahoo...sister group...
                    Oh yes... If its been done we want it over there and if not then someone ought to write it.

Comment

Oh jeez! See, that's another reason why I do not write fanfic. English is my one and only language. Doesn't mean I can speaks it so good! No I haven't read any fanfic where Weir ties him up. (I just meant in reference to some of the "hotter" fics that I read where they got a little something something going on in the bedroom. But I agree it would make for a wonderful story (all you authors out there, hint, hint!) I did read a sam/jack fic once that involved handcuffs. Don't think I could imagine that sort of scenario for McKay/Weir. Maybe something where Weir thinks he's been possesed by an alien or something so she ties him up. Then he gets loose and ties her up cause he thinks she must be possesed....then, then....lost it. Sorry. Actually, ToasteronFire, when you wrote about weir tying him up and then wrote Evil. I imagined an Evil version of weir (maybe AU) and OUR Rodney stumbling into that universe and she ties him up. She could pull a BSG Six and be all seductive. (tee hee) Maybe not so much as Evil weir. Can't see her being evil but a Weir with a little more bitterness and distrust to her..... UH OH! The bunnies have multiplied! Quick! Somebody grab some cages!

Comment

In circles, what program do you use for graphics? If you have one that means you can save with layers separate then I guess then we wouldn't have to worry because if name changed the text layer could be changed very easily later, right?
                        I use Adobe Photoshop so I can alter anything easily.

Comment

Don't think I could imagine that sort of scenario for McKay/Weir. Maybe something where Weir thinks he's been possesed by an alien or something so she ties him up. Then he gets loose and ties her up cause he thinks she must be possesed....then, then....lost it. Sorry. Actually, ToasteronFire, when you wrote about weir tying him up and then wrote Evil. I imagined an Evil version of weir (maybe AU) and OUR Rodney stumbling into that universe and she ties him up. She could pull a BSG Six and be all seductive. (tee hee) Maybe not so much as Evil weir. Can't see her being evil but a Weir with a little more bitterness and distrust to her..... UH OH! The bunnies have multiplied! Quick! Somebody grab some cages!
                          OHMYGOD! I want that! I mean rodney getting tied up would be amusing enough in any fic and for it to be Weir or even better an AU evil!Weir (brainwashed? just different, corrupted by Kolya?) would be great becuase ever since the Six/Baltar Weir/McKay comparision I've had weird ideas about him having a seductive Weir in his head...

In fact I'd love to see any of these 3 plot bunnies.

Rodney stumbling into an AU with a Weir is quite different - whether it be distrustful due to what's happened in that reality (maybe rodney is missing? or even worse defected for some reason - afterall Au's can make many different choices...).

A fic where Weir for whatever reason ties him up and we get to see the can't talk without hands (could be amusing mature fit OR a smutty Adult one)

And, my favourite and msot wanted plot bunny you guys have inspired - some nefarious people/villians somehow put something in rodney's head/mind (physical or more supernatural, whatever you want) that creates a version of Weir only he can see and reacts to - and have her trying to get him to do her/their bidding...would lvoe to see a seductive Six like Weir in that

It's a challenge infact! They just need names now.

Comment

Rodney stumbling into an AU with a Weir is quite different - whether it be distrustful due to what's happened in that reality (maybe rodney is missing? or even worse defected for some reason - afterall Au's can make many different choices...).
                            On the AU Evil!Elizabeth...maybe she's been converted/brainwashed by the Genii and they decide to use her to extract some info from Rodney, who somehow got dragged into that AU? Maybe the seduction could be a combination of her brainwashing and a hint of her true feelings peeking out?

A fic where Weir for whatever reason ties him up and we get to see the can't talk without hands (could be amusing mature fit OR a smutty Adult one)
                            Oh yeah...Rodney is the kind of guy who likes being in control. So tying him up would just make him go nuts. Maybe non-AU Elizabeth does it just to pretend to be mean, like their bantering went a bit too far?

Lots of great bunnies! We need to drag more McKay/Weir authors in here so they can catch them!

I can't take them though. I've got that AU/missing scene/Window of Opportunity goodness from Home to work on. *grits teeth* Must..focus...one one fic...at a time...

Comment

And, my favourite and msot wanted plot bunny you guys have inspired - some nefarious people/villians somehow put something in rodney's head/mind (physical or more supernatural, whatever you want) that creates a version of Weir only he can see and reacts to - and have her trying to get him to do her/their bidding...would lvoe to see a seductive Six like Weir in that It's a challenge infact! They just need names now.
                              OH! Reminds me of Urgo (SG1). I love that ep!!!!
                              Toaster on Fire - Oh yeah...Rodney is the kind of guy who likes being in control. So tying him up would just make him go nuts. Maybe non-AU Elizabeth does it just to pretend to be mean, like their bantering went a bit too far?
                              That would be good. Weir can't take it anymore and threatens to tie him and he says he'd like to see her try. So she does.

Comment

[QUOTE=ToasterOnFire]Well, they've already started county smoking bans here in Minnesota. I'm not a smoker and I'm thrilled that I can now go into a bar and not go home with smoke in my hair and clothes. However, the Libertarian in me isn't so sure the govt. needs to be involved here, but that's another topic entirely... QUOTE]

In my county in New York, there is a smoking ban in bars but bars don't follow it. It's not enforced either which kind of bothers me. I have to air my clothes out for a week, including the undies.
                                There's also a ban on talking on cell phones while driving, unless it's a hands free device. Another law that isn't followed or enforced all that much.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                                Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X