No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't the voting for the isis awards going to start on monday? Anyone know what happened to that?
    *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
    *~*
    sigpic
    *~*
    photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by lirenel View Post
      Wasn't the voting for the isis awards going to start on monday? Anyone know what happened to that?
      That it should have but I think, based on tielan's LJ posts, that maybe the validating of fics is taking longer than expected, possibly.

Whatever it is there's a delay but I imagine they'll let us know soon enough or it'll go ahead only a little off schedule. I checked on Sunday to see if voting was there but didn't really expect it to go to plan because these things always tend have stuff take longer than expected/planned for. Maybe by next Sunday? As an optimistic guess that is.

Comment

I haven't seen any new mcweir vids since my "hanging by a moment" one, but maybe that's just me. I'm going to go through and watch some old ones for the stargatefanawards

there's a little art contest at stargateatlantis.deviantart.com right now for favorite ships and I haven't decided if I'll do mcweir and michael/teyla, but this is what came to mind for mcweir:

(First Strike and Tao Spoilers)
        Spoiler:

He's been spending a lot of time in the infirmary, he even brought his laptop so he could work on "How Awesome is Elizabeth Weir by Dr. Rodney McKay" while he kept her company.

Comment

I finished this just for aaobuttons.

I have a new vid up at Central

http://central.mcweir.com/viewpage.php?page_id=16

It's Into the Ocean by Blue October. I was going to just have it be a McKay vid, but I am so completely obsessed with McWeir that I could have it be anything but. hehe.

Spoilers are all the way through season 3, so if you aren't caught up, don't watch it.... cause it has some HUGE spoilers.
          Last edited by Reichiru; 11 April 2007, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Oh I love it Neb, that sort of stuff keeps me going until next season.

I didn't get a chance to do the FFF last Friday, but to try and make up for it I found this great piece on LJ : "Throw away your papers" (warning: le smut)

Off to catch up on vids!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reichiru View Post

It's Into the Ocean by Blue October. I was going to just have it be a McKay vid, but I am so completely obsessed with McWeir that I could have it be anything but. hehe.

Spoilers are all the way through season 3, so if you aren't caught up, don't watch it.... cause it has some HUGE spoilers.

Ahhh, just for me? That was great! I definetly see it as a McKay vid, the McWeir ness is very natural And perfect song too, that poor guy does seem to have an issue with water doesn't he...
              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                I haven't seen any new mcweir vids since my "hanging by a moment" one, but maybe that's just me. I'm going to go through and watch some old ones for the stargatefanawards

there's a little art contest at stargateatlantis.deviantart.com right now for favorite ships and I haven't decided if I'll do mcweir and michael/teyla, but this is what came to mind for mcweir:

(First Strike and Tao Spoilers)
                Spoiler:

He's been spending a lot of time in the infirmary, he even brought his laptop so he could work on "How Awesome is Elizabeth Weir by Dr. Rodney McKay" while he kept her company.

Oh! Hanging by a moment! *off to watch again* I love that vid...

And how sweet! I love that, can you submit 2? I'm sure you've got something great for Michael/Teyla too

Comment

Hiya everyone… I don’t jump into this thread very often but I thought I’d stick my nose in and post this for you all.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3487832/1/ - Who needs a movie when you got home videos? .
                  BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Thanks for the addition, Wormhole! As for the rest, here’s the latest

McKay/Weir Fanfiction Friday!!

“Breeding Ground” by icarus, “Rodney realizes the military has shorted the Atlantis expedition.”

Up to part 3 of “Every Time She Falls” by Cptn. Suz. ““You’ve been struck by lightning before?””

“Severed Ties” by NothingProfound. “After Simon breaks up with Elizabeth, Rodney offers some surprising comfort and shares a little bit of himself in the process.”

Comment

la lala

something I drew for this project: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53175668/

it goes well with my "it's just there" vid

Comment

Oooh Isis noms are up!

http://isis.worldstowander.com/nominees07.php?rodeliz

EDIT: Suzotchka, sorry to be late getting back to you about recs but I have little time still. I'm being a bit lazy in not digging up specific ones but pretty much all the fics nominated above are excellent, and the same can be said of last years noms which can be found here. There's also the McWeir C2 on ff.net which can be fun to go back and read older stuff, though some may not fit so well with more recent characterisations but there's a lot of sweet fluffy stuff from way back, including strangely more holiday theme fics if you like those.
                        Last edited by Purpleyin; 14 April 2007, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                          la lala

something I drew for this project: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53175668/

it goes well with my "it's just there" vid
                          Oh my goodness! That whole thing is just adorable, I especially love the Tea'c and Cam ones

Comment

Originally posted by Reichiru View Post

Just watched it and loved it. Great transitions and very interesting song.

Comment

Random question (s4 casting spoilers)
                              Spoiler:
                              If one was to make a fanfic/fan graphic AU com, ala "The Library", where Elizabeth never leaves/whateverTPTBareplanningtodowithher, therefore Sam never takes charge of Atlantis, but the same major ep events of s4 occur, what would you call it?

For some reason I was thinking about that the other day.

Comment

Toaster - I think that'd depend on exactly what goes on next season. Hard to say without knowing the rest of the S3 finale cliffhanger's plotline.

Comment

Working...
                                X