Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nebulan
    The reason for this weekend is that it's labor day weekend. What's labor day? I dunno, but it's the only day our school gives us off before thanksgiving.
    It's the US alternative to May Day, I believe. Which is strange, because May Day originally started in the US but for some reason was switched from May to September at some point.

Originally posted by doylefan22
    Still, even our commercial stations don't have hiatuses in their shows or mix up new episodes and repeats. In a way it's quite weird that it's never even been tried here. Maybe they feared too much of a backlash.

I do feel immensely sorry for my US friends trying to follow shows like Lost with such bizzare schedules. We may have to wait a little while for it but at least here we get one new episode a week, every week until the season finishes. And with all the breaks over there we often end up not too far behind - I know we saw the last episode of Invasion 4 days after ABC. Madness I tell you!
    One of the worst things about US television programming is the amount of advertising breaks they take during a show. There are a few channels on Sky digital that emulate the US format (like ABC1). It's a right pain.

Comment

If you like, you can take a look at some spoilers for Submersion here.

Spoiler:
      It looks like it'll be a case of déj?* vu for Rodney. Maybe this time we'll see some actual concern for him (and the team of course) and maybe some angsting from Weir?

Comment

Originally posted by NotANumber
        If you like, you can take a look at some spoilers for Submersion here.

Spoiler:
        It looks like it'll be a case of déj?* vu for Rodney. Maybe this time we'll see some actual concern for him (and the team of course) and maybe some angsting from Weir?
        Spoiler:
        Oh I hope so! Their lack of concern drove me crazy last time!

Comment

Weir's lack of concern in any episode always bugs me. But
          Spoiler:
          Season Three seems to be making up for any lapse she might have had.
          thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Okay, so I'm thinking about buying my first Stargate: Atlantis novel. what do people recommend I start with? I was sort of thinking "The Chosen", but I'd like to hear what you've all been reading, too.
            thankee toasteronfire

Comment

I liked "The Chosen" the best. Haven't read the newest one yet.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Thankie!
                thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                  I think she's talking about the scene from the M&MM trailer here. Elizabeth is looking out at something (the gateroom?) and Rodney stands up to join her. It looks like it's in her office, though it's hard to tell.
                  That looks like a great ep. I can't wait to see it.

Spoiler:
                  It looks like it could be another Trinity, but with three McKays present maybe they'll be able to come up with a solution - and that's if the "alternate" Rodney really is who he says he is.

Comment

Originally posted by NotANumber
                    That looks like a great ep. I can't wait to see it.

Spoiler:
                    It looks like it could be another Trinity, but with three McKays present maybe they'll be able to come up with a solution - and that's if the "alternate" Rodney really is who he says he is.

Ooooh!
                    Spoiler:
                    McKay imposter! Sneaky!
                    thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Hmm...

Spoiler:
                      I've had this idea in my mind...sorta like SG1's Gemini, that maybe the alternate Rodney's evil...at the end of the ep they fight each other, and our Rodney wins

Wouldn't that be cool?
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hmmm...
                        Spoiler:
                        and then Weir falls madly in love with him! I like where this is going!
                        thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Originally posted by Captain-Peregrine
                          Hmmm...
                          Spoiler:
                          and then Weir falls madly in love with him! I like where this is going!
                          Frankly I think that should be the end of every episode from now on- anyone else up for mailing it to TPTB?

Spoiler:
                          Although...we never know where they lurk: afterall, I wrote a fic when the promo pics came out about the lack of Rodney in leather- and how much we'd like to change that- and now WE HAVE RODNEY IN LEATHER! Maybe they're affected by my brainwaves or soemthing...that would be great, because then we'll get even more McWeir!
                          *thinks loudly the thought that Weir should start snogging Rodney at the end of every episode....on the balcony....while Sheppie gets beamed up by a wraith ship*

Comment

Maybe if we all think a collective snogging... er, I mean, sweet little McWeir scene----TPTB will hear us... in their dreams... where they can't escape us...
                            thankee toasteronfire

Comment

You know, now that the show is coming into it's own, I think that the writers are becoming a little more sure of themselves for shippy. I mean,
                              Spoiler:
                              The Sheyla is BLINDING, especially in certain episodes, and the McWeir is becoming more pronounced. I mean, even people who don't look for shippy at all can see it. My mother is still being a little hard-headed, but my sister is beginning to see it, and that's a sign! I think we may be winning! MMMWWWHAHAHAHA!
                              thankee toasteronfire

Comment

so...
                                Spoiler:
                                what do we think of the cast-culling rumours?

I think this is what David and Torri have been hinting at, and now Paul McGillion's come out and said that the future of some of the actors is up in the air

I know it's not directly related to this thread, but how do we feel about it?
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X