• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    [/QUOTE]

That's great HyperCaz good job

Comment

I too have been happy with the amount of ship/shippy-interpretable scenes so far this season. It feels like they're getting back to the M/W friendship that we saw in season 1 yet was largely downplayed in season 2. I'd love to see things keep on this track for the rest of the season and beyond.

And on first names and CG,
      Spoiler:
      Didn't Rodney say "Elizabeth" while he was arguing with Ladon when he first came through the gate? And then later he called her Dr. Weir. Huh, I can't make sense of it, maybe simply because the writer didn't have any deeper intentions. Which is good - means he's "corruptible".

HyperCaz, your icon! HA!

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
        I'm sure they look at fans' reactions. That's why I think there's so much shweir atm. Oh and I made this, supposed to be ... well...it could be a "cut scene" from Sateda lol...I thought I'd make another moving icon.

Spoiler:

lol HyperCaz, I love it!
        thankee toasteronfire

Comment

jsut something I whipped up with Misbegotten in mind...

Comment

M&MM
            Spoiler:
            It just dawned on me (yeah, I'm SLOW) that this ep will feature an AU Rodney on Atlantis! Who's cool! And wears leather!

And he's SO going to hit on Elizabeth.

Also, who's hands are that? Aw, Elizabeth made him a sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
              Spoiler:

Spoiler:
              My guess is they are Jeannie's (McKay's sister) as they are supposed to be working together in this ep.

For those who are interested, David just updated his blog!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

M&MM
                Spoiler:
                It just dawned on me (yeah, I'm SLOW) that this ep will feature an AU Rodney on Atlantis! Who's cool! And wears leather!

Spoiler:
                Oooh, I'd accidentally heard they were doing an ep with 2 Rodney's but didn't realise it was that one. Is M&MM airing soon?

I really wonder exactly how the writers change Rodney to "be cool," apart from the leather that is. Which one do you think Elizabeth likes better?

Hmm, a thought, reckon he'll be like the McKay from Moebius at all? Hands on arses and not allergic to citrus...
                Last edited by Purpleyin; 28 August 2006, 08:26 AM.

Comment

M&MM
                  Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                  Ooooooh- I hope it's Elizabeth! But if it's not....we could at least have AU Rodney scene where he sees Liz, falls madly in love, and pulls her into a backbending dip for a loooong kiss right in front of Shep (who is stunned) and Rodney (who is enlightened and proceeds to try it out for himself ) Maybe his sister will give him a nudge in the right direction romance-wise. Conversly- Liz could see Rodney in leather and be inspired to snog him (at last).

That's my dream sceanrio anyway. McWeir!!!!

Oh- and M&MM airs in two weeks, due to this friday's Sg1-athon. *which is not a bad thing, all in all*

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin

Spoiler:
                    Oooh, I'd accidentally heard they were doing an ep with 2 Rodney's but didn't realise it was that one. Is M&MM airing soon?

I really wonder exactly how the writers change Rodney to "be cool," apart from the leather that is. Which one do you think Elizabeth likes better?

Hmm, a thought, reckon he'll be like the McKay from Moebius at all? Hands on arses and not allergic to citrus...
                    Spoiler:
                    Yeah, I'm not sure. Just slapping him in a leather jacket doesn't really make him "cool", so maybe they'll show that he has great people skills - everyone laughs at his jokes, he's not arrogant, he doesn't whine or freak out, etc.

And who would Elizabeth prefer - the snarky, brave when he needs to be, puzzle that is our Rodney, or the cool, confident AU Rodney that everyone loves?

(Hmmm...this all reminds me of a fanfic I read once... *prod* )

I like that idea, Lauradorable! No matter what happens in two weeks, I'm sure we're going to have great fodder for fanfic.

Comment

Two weeks is my sister's seventeenth birthday--eek!--and M&MM. What a good Friday. And the Ren. Fest. the next day... *sigh*

Spoiler:
                      I cannot wait for TWO Rodney's! I mean, the one is so good already, it's hard to imagine two. lol Maybe they'll get into a fight over Elizabeth and then our Rodney wins out--thus winning Elizabeth's heart. Or something like that. hehe
                      thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Yeah, I'm not sure. Just slapping him in a leather jacket doesn't really make him "cool", so maybe they'll show that he has great people skills - everyone laughs at his jokes, he's not arrogant, he doesn't whine or freak out, etc.

And who would Elizabeth prefer - the snarky, brave when he needs to be, puzzle that is our Rodney, or the cool, confident AU Rodney that everyone loves?

(Hmmm...this all reminds me of a fanfic I read once... *prod* )
                        You'll have to prod a mite bit harder than that to get a new chapter out of me, though I probably couldn't take too much prodding right now - my health has been awful this last month which is one of the reasons I've not written anything really (apart from ficathon things), nor been around Central much.

I think right about now some plot bunny discussion would be fun.

Comment

This is my first time on this thread....

I've been slowly warming to the idea of McKay/Weir shippiness. I love the idea of stealing a bit from Moebius and letting the AU McKay be a little free with his hands. Wouldn't it be fun to see the interplay between Elizabeth and the AU Rodney and the real Rodney when the UA Rodney cops a feel? I'd love to see RealRodney go all alphamale/territorial on AU Rodney, and Elizabeths reaction to that.

Makes me chortle, just thinking about it.

Yeah, McKay/Weir. I could go for that...

ladyjanus

Comment

Welcome ladyjanus!

theory based on what I've heard of "M&MM"
                            Spoiler:

I know everyone's excited that Elizabeth might jump alt-Rodney for being cool or alt-Rodney might hit on Elizabeth, but shouldn't we consider that he's already with his Elizabeth in his reality?

Well, at least we'll have a fall back theory for if/when nothing happens

Just a thought
                            For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

thanks, dahan...

Never thought about it that way - but what if the AU Rodney is as smarmy as the Mobius-Rodney, and has no qualms about doing something like that...

Comment

Regarding DH's comment (spoilers, not speculation!)
                                Spoiler:
                                for some reason I think he's wearing the suit in that upcoming SG1 ep where Sam is in an AU and he's there? There is an ep like that, right? I didn't just imagine it?

Though it would be cute to see Rodney wear a suit to work one day just to see Elizabeth's reaction (and that's a great idea for a drawing! *nudge* )
                                ok... for some reason I got this weird idea for a comic based on the Rodney-in-a-suit idea. I wasn't going to actually draw rodney and teyla at first, but then I decided to make a little cover block to start the comic strip. what's really going on here? I have no idea.
                                sorry it took a while to draw. classes started this week, so i doodled it a little during class.
                                and yes, I may have gotten inspiration from Lirenel's story.
                                http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38862063/
                                yeah... I shouldn't try to write comic strips, lol

....anyway, welcome ladyjanus and on M&MM
                                Spoiler:
                                I think we'll DEFINATELY see some Rodney jealousy of Cool!Rodney of some form or another, and I think it's pretty possible we'll get something to run with. Rodney and Cool!Rodney are definately not going to get along, it should make for a great ep I think if Weir just raises an eyebrow of interest toward Cool!Rodney, I'll be satisfied.

On a non-shippy note, I'm really looking forward to a background story on Rodney, we already know he's not close to his parents and we now know that Weir was close to hers. Maybe that could make for an interesting fic. I'm really looking forward to the interaction with his sister, I really don't think they can disappoint me with this ep... but it's not like that hasn't happened before...

Comment

Working...
                                X