Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
    It's fun to make..if not time consuming! Also, finding pics for 132 different moods? Really difficult. If only they had more scenes together this season! I fear I may have to double up.

If you think of any good pics let me know

Ew, I'm sorry you're sick. That groggy feeling is absolutely the worst for accomplishing anything.

I'll check my lj for your suggestions--thanks!

And yes, on Serenity, such good
    Spoiler:
    Simon/Kaylee! And also subtle but satisfying Mal/Inara. I'm really hoping Joss gets to make that Trilogy.
    Didn't realise there were that many moods! Hard work but love that you're making one, I wanted to but never got round to doing anything...

Oh and just a note - anyone on LJ want to help out on the mckayweir community? Meg, the manager doesn't have enough time to devote to keeping everything as she'd like and she's put up a post hoping someone else who has more time and motivation might want to take over or otherwise help the other maintainers - if you're interested see here

Comment

Hmm...it would appear that all those fabulous McKay/Weir fanfic writers are still recovering from last week's ficathon. As such, we have a nice, short selection for the current

McKay/Weir Fanfiction Friday!!

Part one of “The Other Side of Life” by Hekdom-Landers Inc.. “Life seems so easy, so normal, but what happens when the lives of two girls- a conspiracy freak and a normal woman just trying to get by- are swept up in something that could truly be out of a fantasy novel? Trapped in war on the other side of a life they never knew, they need to figure out where they stand and how to stop an evil force before it reaches it's goal.”

“Listing” by silverwind126. “McKay and Weir are abandoned on the open ocean as part of an alien ritual.”

“Hunger” by Kharessa Bloodrose. “Rodney and Ronon survive a harrowing experience and return to Atlantis after all hope had been lost. This is a horror story written for Halloween. (friendship/more)”

Up to part 5 of “And So It Goes” by JazzyMcWeir. “Zelenka's POV on Rodney and Elizabeth.”

Up to part 33 of “Saving Grace” by McRaider. “He was just a boy, who needed a home, and they were a family who longed for one more member.”

Remember to review! Gah, I'm so behind on reviewing it's not even funny...

Comment

Is this header pic new?

Irrefutable proof that the forum admins are super-secret McKay/Weir shippers.

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
        I have a request that is sort of OT. I'm making a McKay/Weir moodtheme for lj which I will post when I'm done, but I'm having some trouble with finding appropriate pics for certain "moods."

I need help with the following: happy (lots but not of both of them in the same shot), flirty, horny, ditzy, thankful, geeky, drunk, bored.
        Hmmm...how about this for flirty/horny:

or this:

This for bored:

This for ditzy:

This for geeky:

Drunk though, that's a toughie. I've got Rodney lying down in Siege 3 or Duet, but no idea what to do with Elizabeth.

Comment

I knew a lot of people were Shep/Weir but when I started watching Atlantis I didn't get it. But whenever Weir and McKay were in a room and found myself doing that look-at-the-person-watching-with-you thing you do when you think/want to think there's 'something there. I thought maybe I was the only one who felt that way. Imagine my relief when I found you guys! McWeir rocks!

Comment

is that second last one a behind the scenes shot? i haven't seen it before! *feels like she's missed something big*

and yes MCWEIR FOREVER! and jack/sam... *tries hard to remember sg1 ships*

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire

"Yoohoo! Look. See, I'm a girl! You're supposed to notice these big boobs and kiss me!!!"

It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                I knew a lot of people were Shep/Weir but when I started watching Atlantis I didn't get it. But whenever Weir and McKay were in a room and found myself doing that look-at-the-person-watching-with-you thing you do when you think/want to think there's 'something there. I thought maybe I was the only one who felt that way. Imagine my relief when I found you guys! McWeir rocks!
                Yay! Isn't it great to find other people who dig this ship? I love their onscreen chemistry too!

Welcome to the thread!

Originally posted by ellymelly
                is that second last one a behind the scenes shot? i haven't seen it before! *feels like she's missed something big*
                Yeah, I think it's behind the scenes of Rising. I snurched it from a kind thunker a while ago. David just has the greatest grin.

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                "Yoohoo! Look. See, I'm a girl! You're supposed to notice these big boobs and kiss me!!!"
                She does have an unintentional "come hither" stance in that pic, doesn't she? And Rodney's just chugging along with his science. Hee!

Comment

She does have an unintentional "come hither" stance in that pic, doesn't she? And Rodney's just chugging along with his science. Hee!
                  You guys should be careful what you say...

Comment

Hehe...

Hey Purple, why is Lt. Col. McKay smaller than everyone else in your sig?

Comment

Hehe...

Hey Purple, why is Lt. Col. McKay smaller than everyone else in your sig?
                      Just the way that worked, I had him larger but the logo got in the way.

Comment

Ahh, ok. Is it really funny or sad that when I saw it I thought about making a fic where Rodney came through the gate during a malfunction and he ended up short, and then everyone made fun of him... except Elizabeth of course since I have to turn everything shippy.

Comment

Nice icons, Hans! This place is great for inspiration.

Ahh, ok. Is it really funny or sad that when I saw it I thought about making a fic where Rodney came through the gate during a malfunction and he ended up short, and then everyone made fun of him... except Elizabeth of course since I have to turn everything shippy.
                          BWAHAHAHAHA!

And my weirdest idea for a stargate AU yet...fantasy role playing! Shep's a knight who's a descendant from the gods, Ronon's a barbarian, Teyla's a feisty barmaid with a mean right hook, Rodney's a mage (arrogant, of course), and Elizabeth's a cleric. Even better if Rodney aligns himself with evil and Elizabeth aligns herself with good.

Ah, the insanity continues...

Comment

Nice icons, Hans! This place is great for inspiration.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

And my weirdest idea for a stargate AU yet...fantasy role playing! Shep's a knight who's a descendant from the gods, Ronon's a barbarian, Teyla's a feisty barmaid with a mean right hook, Rodney's a mage (arrogant, of course), and Elizabeth's a cleric. Even better if Rodney aligns himself with evil and Elizabeth aligns herself with good.

Ah, the insanity continues...
                            Oh cool, it reminds me of D&D, I liked that game but I currently have no one to play with in RL, except me one friend and we don't have any more people, but your idea sounds cool and let me go look at my D&D book real quick for some more ideas.
                            McKay: I'm invulnerable!
                            Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
                            McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
                            My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Hey, where is everyone? I actually came up with a few things about an AU with D&D sort of (yall probally think I'm a huge nerd) so how does this sound:

Elizabeth - Human-Palidan (Lawful good)
                              Rodney- Human- Wizard (I'm not sure what kind of evil to make him, there's a few choices)
                              Teyla- Half Elf-Fighter or Ranger (lawful good, I think)
                              Ronan-Half Elf- Ranger (chaotic neutral)
                              John-Human-Fighter (lawful good)

Well, that's all I can think of for now, I'll go take a better look at my bok, but how does that sound?
                              McKay: I'm invulnerable!
                              Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
                              McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
                              My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                                You guys should be careful what you say...

Can I get that last one in a larger, wallpaper size?

I'm also still looking for that wallpaper from The Eye, with the "Keep Me" text. Can anyone point my eyes to the proper 'ship... err, wallpaper?
                                sigpic
                                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Working...
                                X