Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    Yeah, I've been thinking about that AU. Are the characters going to keep their original attributes or have new ones? For example, is Rodney going to still be an arrogant, snarky guy or is he going to take on Shep's traits like his quick decision making and past problems with authority? It sounds interesting - how much of a person's characteristics are because of them vs. because of what they do for a living?

Along the same lines, if there is a romance between AU Rodney and Elizabeth does that mean it sort of translates to RL Shep/Teyla? AU Shep/Teyla = RL Rodney/Elizabeth? AU Rodney/Teyla = RL Shep/Weir? Should be quite confusing...

Ooh...does Elizabeth fight with sticks? Cool.
    I've been trying to wrap my head around it. I think people should be fundamentally the same, but be affected by the roles. So Rodney should be snarky, arrogant but good with guns etc, unlike his canon counterpart. Plus you coould translate Shep's hidden talent for maths/science to Rodney having hidden physics/science etc talents. It's difficult to work it all out, for example I want to write about Eliya but can't figure if she'd go for stick fighting... So it's complicated... they're the same characters but not the same people.

And yes, it should make pairings interesting... It's a hard thing to do but there's interest, and the proposed reversal universe is just one, the community is open to others or reversal fics in general. We have a challenge up to help people get into it, of having a character wake up as someone else, not body swap but role swap.

Comment

Toaster, that manip was just too cool.... lol
      It kind of reminded me of that S2 promo pic people were debating about whether it looked like DH (and thus McKay) had his hand below a certain *threshold* behind TH's back. I'm sounding a little crazy aren't I?....

Anyway...
      *The reason I've been so scarce (well...one of them at least...and ...the fun one I guess...) *

My addition to the McWeir fandom (as promised) in the form of a somewhat sugary vid full of randomness in a ultimate goal to mean something but ultimately failed in trying too hard. ENJOY!!!!! ^_^
      It's on megaupload, but if there's a speed problem I think I can rig something up.

Last time I did one of these I was in highschool for a fandom long forgotten (for the most part ^_-), so be nice.

Sidenote:
      Honestly, I really thought I would be more satisfied with it being done, but not so much really. Maybe I should switch back to fics...
      Last edited by dahan; 25 October 2005, 08:50 PM.
      For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

This is an AWFUL manip. I didn't spend a whole lot of time, but here you go folks, Revolutionary War Rodney (need to find a good pic to add Liz into):

Lol, enjoy and night all,

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

That manip is soooooooooo cute!!!!

Luce xxx

Comment

Are any of you guys going to the Brisbane convention?? Seeing our wonderful Torri?

Comment

Woohoo! 3K posts! Congrads all!

"Aha, but I remembered the cake!"
              "Naturally..."

Comment

Originally posted by dahan
                My addition to the McWeir fandom (as promised) in the form of a somewhat sugary vid full of randomness in a ultimate goal to mean something but ultimately failed in trying too hard. ENJOY!!!!! ^_^
                It's on megaupload, but if there's a speed problem I think I can rig something up.

Last time I did one of these I was in highschool for a fandom long forgotten (for the most part ^_-), so be nice.

Sidenote:
                Honestly, I really thought I would be more satisfied with it being done, but not so much really. Maybe I should switch back to fics...
                Liked the vid, and I noticed you needed it archiving... so I've made a temp directory for M/W vids on the mcweir.com site.

I really haven't had time to work on the site but I'm paying for the hosting so it might as well host something. So if anyone has any Weir or McKay or Mckay/weir vids I'm happy to host them. It's nothing fancy right now, just a directory with vids named with who made and title. I put up some other vids that people said were on temp hosting (if anyone objects then I can take them down - I put up Cory's, dahan's, sirnonenath's and doylefans so far), and also the wolvergrim one that the vidder is uncontactable and the vid not found anymore (really wish I could find the link to the original place, no amount of googling has come up with anything).

Anyway, here's the directory.
                http://mcweir.com/vids/

Comment

Originally posted by dahan
                  Toaster, that manip was just too cool.... lol
                  It kind of reminded me of that S2 promo pic people were debating about whether it looked like DH (and thus McKay) had his hand below a certain *threshold* behind TH's back. I'm sounding a little crazy aren't I?....
                  ??? Which promo shot was that? I must have missed it.

Anyway...
                  *The reason I've been so scarce (well...one of them at least...and ...the fun one I guess...) *

Ooh! Off to watch!

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
                  This is an AWFUL manip. I didn't spend a whole lot of time, but here you go folks, Revolutionary War Rodney (need to find a good pic to add Liz into):
                  I really like it and Rodney looks great! Though an odd part of me wonders what he would look like in tights and a powder wig...nm, better to not go there...

*runs off to work on a WWII manip.*

Originally posted by alyssa
                  Are any of you guys going to the Brisbane convention?? Seeing our wonderful Torri?
                  I don't think any of the shippers here are going, which is somewhat of a bummer. I'm pretty sure that David knows about McKay/Weir shippers, but I'm not so sure about Torri. It would be nice if someone would pass along the word about how many people like that ship, or at least really enjoy her friendship with Rodney. Would bribing help? I'm not beneath bribing.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                    Liked the vid, and I noticed you needed it archiving... so I've made a temp directory for M/W vids on the mcweir.com site.

I really haven't had time to work on the site but I'm paying for the hosting so it might as well host something. So if anyone has any Weir or McKay or Mckay/weir vids I'm happy to host them. It's nothing fancy right now, just a directory with vids named with who made and title. I put up some other vids that people said were on temp hosting (if anyone objects then I can take them down - I put up Cory's, dahan's, sirnonenath's and doylefans so far), and also the wolvergrim one that the vidder is uncontactable and the vid not found anymore (really wish I could find the link to the original place, no amount of googling has come up with anything).

Thanks for that. It's good to have all the vids in one place together.
                    sigpic
                    by Kaaatie

Comment

OOh! Loving all the manips so far. They will be quite inspiring for the AU fic writing.

I have a request that is sort of OT. I'm making a McKay/Weir moodtheme for lj which I will post when I'm done, but I'm having some trouble with finding appropriate pics for certain "moods."

I need help with the following: happy (lots but not of both of them in the same shot), flirty, horny, ditzy, thankful, geeky, drunk, bored.

If anyone can think of a good pic for any of the above---please post here, pm me, or email me.

Thanks!
                      Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                      :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                        ??? Which promo shot was that? I must have missed
                        Someone did a crop of this pic with just DH and TH (wow that's weird I just realized that both their names ended in "H"). I think that's how the debate got started.

If you compare it to this one and this one (also in the same series) side by side by side, you can kind of see how suggestive that might have been. Sort of...

Forgive me, I'm just seeing conspiracies everywhere nowadays.

Thanks so much for archiving it as well as for making the directory in the first place. It really is nice having all the vids in one place.
                        For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

Almost page 3! Where is everyone? Have I cursed the thread with my pic request?

**thinks extra big mushy gloppy Mckay/Weir thoughts in penance**

Someone come out and play...unless you're at Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                            Almost page 3! Where is everyone? Have I cursed the thread with my pic request?

**thinks extra big mushy gloppy Mckay/Weir thoughts in penance**

Someone come out and play...unless you're at Serenity
                            Well I did go see Serenity the other day
                            Spoiler:
                            Simon/Kaylee! SQUEEEEE
                            , but haven't been around online as been rather ill. I actually feel worse today. Going to be hard to write my essay like this, got a fuzzy head feeling I can't shake.

As for the request, I'll answer on your LJ if that's okay.

Comment

Ooooo a McWeir mood theme? thats kick ass!

Luce xxx

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
                                Ooooo a McWeir mood theme? thats kick ass!

Luce xxx
                                It's fun to make..if not time consuming! Also, finding pics for 132 different moods? Really difficult. If only they had more scenes together this season! I fear I may have to double up.

If you think of any good pics let me know

Well I did go see Serenity the other day SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
                                Simon/Kaylee! SQUEEEEE, but haven't been around online as been rather ill. I actually feel worse today. Going to be hard to write my essay like this, got a fuzzy head feeling I can't shake.

As for the request, I'll answer on your LJ if that's okay.
                                Ew, I'm sorry you're sick. That groggy feeling is absolutely the worst for accomplishing anything.

I'll check my lj for your suggestions--thanks!

And yes, on Serenity, such good
                                Spoiler:
                                Simon/Kaylee! And also subtle but satisfying Mal/Inara. I'm really hoping Joss gets to make that Trilogy.

Comment

Working...
                                X