Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    Hee, the golden arches of shipping.

And here's a poll regarding what you guys would like to see happen between Rodney and Elizabeth in "Conversion"
    Spoiler:

-Same as in "Instinct", no scenes together, implying one or both are avoiding each other.
    -Scenes together, their relationship is obviously still strained, but Rodney is making efforts to get things back to normal.
    -Their relationship is obviously still strained, but Elizabeth is making efforts to get things back to normal.
    -Their relationship is obviously still strained, but both are making efforts to get things back to normal.
    -Their relationship is strained and appear to be remaining that way.
    -Things are back to normal with some hint that they were able to work things out.
    -Things are back to normal with no explanation why.
    I like it to be done extremely subtly. They are obviously both going to be busy working on the problem at hand, and overall they are total professionals so they are putting their personal issues aside slightly for the greater good. I'd like it to just be clear with a bit of awkwardness that things are still not quite right between them although they are working through it.

Gee, that was nicely vague!
    sigpic
    by Kaaatie

Comment

Just dropping by before I leave work and head home. I finally read Directions by Purpleyin. (Yeah I'm behind on my fanfic reading. My boss actually expects me to do some work while I'm at work. ) Anyways...SQUEE (I can't believe I just typed that out loud!) What a great story! Totally recommend it for the McWeir fans. (It's an alternate universe fic so if you haven't seen SG1 Moebious you might be a little huh? ) I just had stop by and give my recommendation. Have a good night kids!
      "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
      "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
      Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
      Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
      "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
      Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
      Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
      (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Hey yall, thought we could use a picture:

From the begining of Rising when she was talking with Rodney, love this pic.

torrihigginson.info
        McKay: I'm invulnerable!
        Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
        McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
        My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Another one from Rising...

Can't you see the love in her eyes?

(EDIT: Oops, I thought that image was bigger than that. D'oh!)

Comment

Here's my contribution! I like this pic of Rodney when Elizabeth is teasing him:

He's thinking "I'm only tolerating this because you're so hot."
            Or maybe "Keep this up and I'll get you later."

Comment

Love both of yall's Rising pics, they're cute and love the caption for the Rodney one, Toaster. Here's one from one of my favorite mcweir moments, obviously from torrihigginson.info

Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?

Comment

Just a little foreplay...

Oh, and this is another McWeir fic that I had never read before and I liked Rodney's little actions of affection. It's by a non-McWeir shipper who wrote the pair on a challenge. Patience by Mylittleredgirl
                Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Wish I could stay and chat, but homework calls. Took a little break to drop a link over to my journal . Tried my hand at writing a hundred-word-drabble...turned up with four of them. Not sure if they're too good, but whatever. One is gen, the other three are M/W. Well, okay, maybe BYOS...but...in my mind they're M/W.

Comment

Hey yall, found something interesting about upcoming eps, Martin Gero, (who I think is a closeted Mcweirite due to nice eps he's written) has written
                    Spoiler:
                    The Long Goodbye, (Liz's butt kickin ep) so I'm hoping we get mcweir in there.
                    He's written "The Storm" and "The Eye" (which alot of yall started shippin after those) "The Gift" (has my favorite mcweir moment in it with the finger pointing) "Duet" (really nice ep for Rodney, and a few small mweir moments) and he's written our upcoming ep "Conversion"
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm hoping there something written about them trying to solve their problem if yall know what I mean. I think this would be the emotional part of the growing relationship, if we can call it that at this point. I mean come on it's so obvious, they're the best of friends and Rodney actually opens up to her and she trusts him and all that jazz. I want the relationship to look like they're making an effort to fix it and you know good things take time so we can be patient.

Whoa, did not realize I had all that in my head, see this is what happens when you go post with other shippers, you become more passionate about your ship. Anyway, does anyone else have any thoughts? Forgive the rambling, later yall.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                      "Hmmm...kiss her now or kiss her later..."

Originally posted by weirfan517
                      Hey yall, found something interesting about upcoming eps, Martin Gero, (who I think is a closeted Mcweirite due to nice eps he's written) has written
                      Spoiler:
                      The Long Goodbye, (Liz's butt kickin ep) so I'm hoping we get mcweir in there.
                      He's written "The Storm" and "The Eye" (which alot of yall started shippin after those) "The Gift" (has my favorite mcweir moment in it with the finger pointing) "Duet" (really nice ep for Rodney, and a few small mweir moments) and he's written our upcoming ep "Conversion"
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm hoping there something written about them trying to solve their problem if yall know what I mean. I think this would be the emotional part of the growing relationship, if we can call it that at this point. I mean come on it's so obvious, they're the best of friends and Rodney actually opens up to her and she trusts him and all that jazz. I want the relationship to look like they're making an effort to fix it and you know good things take time so we can be patient.
                      Hmmm...Martin did write "The Storm" and "The Eye", which were great intentionally/unintentionally shippy episodes for us. BUT, he also wrote "Siege 3", which had the
                      Spoiler:
                      S/W hug
                      , so I'm not so sure. BUT, then he went onto the forum to state
                      Spoiler:
                      "sometimes a hug is just a hug"
                      , so maybe he's just being a stinker. He certainly does write some good M/W scenes, shippy or not, so I'm hoping we get more of those in his later eps. *prods Martin*

Regarding "Conversion":
                      Spoiler:
                      Looks like it's going to be Shep-heavy with Teyla, Elizabeth, and probably even Rodney concerned about his change. There is talk about a smooch this ep, likely between Shep and Teyla and probably when he's under the retrovirus influence so it all can be waved away later. Sigh. Still dying for some sort of scene between Elizabeth and Rodney. Maybe their joint concern for Shep will help mend fences? Maybe Rodney will do something drastic to save Shep, which will help rebuild his relationships with Shep and Elizabeth? She'd be so proud.

Regarding "The Long Goodbye":
                      Spoiler:
                      I thought someone else was writing that ep? Or maybe I'm confusing it with the trapped-in-a-space-pod ep? It sounds like the "Elizabeth literally kicks some ass" ep, but I don't know if she's doing the fighting or if she's possesssed by something. And I don't know if she's fighting the enemy or her team (someone said something about her fighting Shep?). I'm thinking she may be stickfighting with Shep and actually smack him around a little. Wonder what Rodney would think of it? Probably get him all hot and flustered and ready to learn himself.
                      Now there's an idea for a fic! Instead of Shep and Teyla stickfighting, have Rodney and Elizabeth have a go! Wonder who'd win?

Whoa, did not realize I had all that in my head, see this is what happens when you go post with other shippers, you become more passionate about your ship.
                      That's good to hear!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                        Aww....Well that goes straight into my favourite McWeir caps ever!

*curses winavi*

Why can't it convert these files faster? I need them to vid damn it!
                        sigpic
                        by Kaaatie

Comment

That's good to hear!
                          Yes it is, I mean I was over talking to the shweirians and I realized so much more about mcweir, cuz of all the stuff they were talking about. I also realized that we ship very alike if yall know what I mean, we both say things like "How can you not see it" "It's so obvious" "Anyone with eyes can see", I think shippers are pretty funny (including myself) and we can be so passionate about our pairings. I'm so totally pro- mcweir, i mean I see it happening but over a long period of time which is fine, good things take time.

Yay, know this is silly, but it's my 200th post and it's in here with yall. I love this thread and there has been some great discussion about mcweir here, love you guys. We also need more mcweirites, this ship is really amazing, small but very strong.

Anyway, got a few caps about our favorite pairing here, all from torrihigginson.info, anyone care to caption?

Comment

And I hope Hans is okay! It would appear that Switzerland and Austria have had heavy flooding recently!
                            'ello all, I'm back (and perfectly unaffected by the floods in Austria and Bavaria thankfully - saw the flooding, not nice, but had no problems with travel etc despite going from UK > Austria > Bayern area)

Hope everyone on the thread is okay, after what happened with the hurricane in the US.
                            Well, lookie what I found! Arlessiar was kind enough to link to an interview thingie with PM (Beckett) here, which had some interesting spoilers for the upcoming episode "Hive"
                            Spoiler:

Paul notes that he's rehearsing a scene with DH, and he says "Very intense scene for David – where’s he’s basically going through withdrawal symptoms." There's later mention of strapping David to a gurney and having him lunge at Carson (!) and later, "Scene 28 – enter Torri Higginson (Dr. Weir) looking as gorgeous as ever. What a relief! I was getting fed up of looking at David. A calming scene, where David has finally passed out, and we pretend we care about his well-being."

Lots of unanswered questions there! What exactly is causing Rodney to go through withdrawl? Could it be the wraith enzyme? If so, how did he get it? Was there some sort of accident? Did Ford (who is also in this ep) intentionally inject Rodney with it? Or could he be withdrawing from something else? Maybe he was so upset/traumatized from the events of Trinity that he started abusing some sort of drug? It's not too likely, but it would be nice and dark! Either way, I would assume the gurney is needed because Rodney's symptoms are so violent! Poor guy!

And, yay for my shippy heart, it would appear that Elizabeth is aware of Rodney's predicament and comes down to the medical area to check up on him. Go H/C!! Poor gal, it seems like she's been doing that a lot this season! One of these eps I'm hoping that she comes down and tells him "We have to stop meeting up like this."
                            BIG SQUEE, that sounds fantastic.
                            Spoiler:
                            Wonder if Ford wants him to understand what it's like, or make everyone as good as him? SuperMcKay is intriguing idea. Maybe it's the only way Rodney could escape the hiveship even? Though the lack of Shep/Weir is probably only due to Shep apparently not escaping...

Hmmm...we haven't really had a season 2 McKay/Weir vid, have we? Where have all our vidders run off to? *prods the thread*
                            Not for lack of ideas on my part. I want vid, I have bunnies for vids but not enough harddrive space nor importantly time. Everything is boiling down to time, is a source of much stress that I've stretched myself a wee bit too thin on stuff to do/want to do.
                            And all this talk about fic reminds me that I need to give Hans a nudge about the all-inclusive-one-stop-shop-for-M/W-fanfic archive website. So *nudge* Hans, wherever you are. Hopefully you aren't stuck in a flood!
                            Yep, that's a priority - just that sorting out real life stuff and more pressing fandom things are more of a priority... I have few of those too but at least one may involve more M/W icons in it (I entered themes50 lj challenge). The sticking points so far are I can't get the layout working properly, particularly making it work well in on most resolutions. Anyone with experience with this is welcome to offer help...
                            And regarding Instinct:
                            Spoiler:

It is interesting that Shep went back to discuss the wraith developments with Elizabeth but Rodney didn't come along, or even go in his place. He's always so eager to report new findings to her. Do you think Rodney could be avoiding Elizabeth after their fight? Interesting fic idea to have Shep and Rodney discuss what's happening while on the planet, have Shep recommend that Rodney go report to Elizabeth or come with him to report, and have Rodney back down, maybe along the lines of "No way, I'm lying low right now." or "I can't, I just can't face her right now." That admittance could be a good way to start rebuilding the relationship between Rodney and Shep.

All in all not a shippy ep, but I didn't expect it from the spoilers and trailer. Nice teamfic though, and I thought the story was all around well done.
                            Instinct
                            Spoiler:
                            I think that's what he'd be saying but not directly, I don't think he'd be ready to outwardly admit that easily - I think if he admitted anything, it'd be more subtle or maybe covered up with an excuse why not to go back and Shep sense (and coments?) on the real reason why not.

And here's a poll regarding what you guys would like to see happen between Rodney and Elizabeth in "Conversion"
                            I'd prefer
                            Spoiler:
                            -Scenes together, their relationship is obviously still strained, but Rodney is making efforts to get things back to normal.

But would take:
                            -Their relationship is strained and appear to be remaining that way.
                            Or maybe in the time being (but not happy about it)
                            -Same as in "Instinct", no scenes together, implying one or both are avoiding each other.

The only stuff I don't want to see is then acting as if nothing has happened, or to have Elizabeth trying to mend bridge, it was Rodney who burned them and he needs to learn and make apologies. Despite what he suggested at the end of Trinity to Shep I really don't believe all is well between him and Elizabeth, though he might mistakenly think it is...

Also in Conversion pics I noticed he's standing at a distance to Elizabeth, arms crossed defensively. She is almost angled to him but he seems to be next to his teamates, almost protected. I think you could almost take that as he's sticking with them, knowing all isn't well and right just yet. I wonder just how much input he has in the episode, to elizabeth at least, and if he's subdued still around her too.

Regarding "The Long Goodbye":
                            Spoiler:
                            I thought someone else was writing that ep? Or maybe I'm confusing it with the trapped-in-a-space-pod ep? It sounds like the "Elizabeth literally kicks some ass" ep, but I don't know if she's doing the fighting or if she's possesssed by something. And I don't know if she's fighting the enemy or her team (someone said something about her fighting Shep?). I'm thinking she may be stickfighting with Shep and actually smack him around a little. Wonder what Rodney would think of it? Probably get him all hot and flustered and ready to learn himself.
                            Now there's an idea for a fic! Instead of Shep and Teyla stickfighting, have Rodney and Elizabeth have a go! Wonder who'd win?
                            Reminisces on plot bunnies gone by,wanted to use that sort of scenario in An Occasion to remember
                            Spoiler:
                            A rather not so happy Liz fights a reluctant Rodney in base training sessions in selfdefense/stick fighting
                            but then that's the sequel to Perfect Pair, which itself is epicly unfinished. I hate to not have stuff finished, but sometimes getting where you want is sooo hard to achieve. Anyway, bi for now, sleep really calls me (1am here )

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
                              Yes it is, I mean I was over talking to the shweirians and I realized so much more about mcweir, cuz of all the stuff they were talking about. I also realized that we ship very alike if yall know what I mean, we both say things like "How can you not see it" "It's so obvious" "Anyone with eyes can see", I think shippers are pretty funny (including myself) and we can be so passionate about our pairings. I'm so totally pro- mcweir, i mean I see it happening but over a long period of time which is fine, good things take time.
                              It is funny how similar shippers are, no matter the ship. However, I don't like saying stuff like "How can you not see McKay/Weir?" because there are plenty of people out there that honestly don't. I don't like implying there's something wrong with people if they don't see a ship. It'd be like if a fan said "How can you see McKay/Weir? You must be imagining things!"
                              And I don't feel the need to "convert" others to M/W. I like it and I'm happy that there are other people on this thread who also like it, but if others don't see it or like it then that's just fine. It is nice to see people delurk and proclaim their M/W love though, and to hear all the interesting stories of how they came to see M/W.

Yay, know this is silly, but it's my 200th post and it's in here with yall. I love this thread and there has been some great discussion about mcweir here, love you guys. We also need more mcweirites, this ship is really amazing, small but very strong.
                              Congrads to you! I love this thread too; it's such a great place to come and gush about McKay/Weir. The best and biggest M/W discussion on the web! Thanks to all posters for bringing in such positive energy and enthusiasm!!

And welcome back Hans! Glad to see you didn't get all wet. Not sure if any M/W shippers were caught in Katrina either, but I think everyone is okay.

Comment

Plot bunnies in my brain for Duet and Trinity:
                                Spoiler:

What if, somehow, Elizabeth and Rodney were the ones trapped in the dart during Duet? What if Elizabeth was returned but Rodney was in her brain or if he returned and she was in his head? How would that have changed things? Would she have been as insistant as Cadman? Would Rodney have eventually snapped at her too? If Rodney was in her head would he be a general pain in the ass or would he be able to work with her to find the answer? How on earth would they have dealt with the morning after and "peeking"? And Rodney's date with Katie; would he have called that off altogether? And how would Rodney or Elizabeth react when they found that the other was slowly fading away?

But, I was thinking about this some more after Trinity. What if they were trapped together after their fight? Granted, Zelenka would probably be able to pull the other out a tad easier this time, but they could still be stuck together for a short time. After seeing how Rodney may be avoiding Elizabeth in Instinct, I thought this would be a good way to force them to deal with their conflict. It does help to see things through the eyes of others, so maybe Rodney would be a bit more apologetic after seeing how much Elizabeth stressed over him or maybe Elizabeth would sympathesize with Rodney more after seeing his sadness over his colleagues death and how much he wanted things to work. An interesting way to help repair their relationship.

Just something I was chewing on this morning. Off to compile the FFF!

Comment

Working...
                                X