Clear All

*cough* and *cough*

*adjusts the halo*

Comment

Originally posted by Toasteronfire
      *cough* and *cough*

*adjusts the halo*
      *shines your halo with a shammy* Thanks
      Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
      :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Wow this was something that I never thought would happen until I read a McWeir fan fiction... I love the idea! Rodney needs a stable influence, altho I kinda wonder if maybe he just might be a tad too shallow? You know, he likes women with great, ahem, "minds" (quote from the gift lol)
        BSG convert....

Comment

Originally posted by Kookaburra
          Wow this was something that I never thought would happen until I read a McWeir fan fiction... I love the idea! Rodney needs a stable influence, altho I kinda wonder if maybe he just might be a tad too shallow? You know, he likes women with great, ahem, "minds" (quote from the gift lol)
          Hurrah for fanfiction! It's great for expanding new possibilities and bringing in new shippers!
          I agree that Rodney needs something stable to hold onto and I think Elizabeth would be great for that. There's obviously a deeper bond between them because of their time together before going to Atlantis. She's shown time and time again that she can inspire him to focus and calm him when his nerves are frayed. Plus we've seen how she's supported all his ideas and plans to save Atlantis. And we saw in "Trinity"
          Spoiler:
          how she tries to be his protector, but from himself of all threats.
          There's so much potential there for a strong friendship and the groundwork is laid for more...
          Yet I do understand your concerns with Rodney and his perceived shallowness when it comes to women. He does need some growth there which is why I have no problem with him dating other women for the time being. All relationships, good and bad, are an opportunity for personal growth; to decide how you approach problems in the relationship and to decide what you want out of a partner. At the end of it all, I think he's going to find that Elizabeth is the one for him, and that she's been helping him along this whole time.

And welcome to the thread, btw.

Additionally, I was watching part of the series finale to "Six Feet Under" a couple nights ago. Oh man, the last five minutes just slayed me, it was one of the better finales I've seen. I'm still reeling.
          But the odd thing is I haven't seen a single regular ep of that series before that. Those 30 or so minutes made me want to go back and watch the entire series from the start. Now that's an example of a well-done finale!

How is this M/W? Well the ending had this great, great song "Breathe Me" by Sia and I thought the lyrics were quite appropriate for Rodney and Elizabeth, especially after the events of Trinity. It's definitely Rodney POV, and I'd like to think that's exactly what he wants from Elizabeth right now.

Help, I have done it again
          I have been here many times before
          Hurt myself again today
          And the worst part is there's no-one else to blame

Be my friend, hold me
          Wrap me up, un-fold me
          I am small, and needy
          Warm me up, and breathe me

Ouch I have lost myself again
          Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
          Yeah I think that I might break
          I've lost myself again, and I will, I'll say

Be my friend, hold me
          Wrap me up, un-fold me
          I am small, and needy

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
            WOW, that's great!! I was working on the same thing and only got to here so far:

That's cute as well! I feel so untalented now. Course it would probably help if I *got* photoshop

Ooh, how many people are signed up so far? I'd do it, but I write absolutely terribly under pressure. I think I'm going to stick with the Atlantis ship icon challenge over on LJ.
            There are 12 people signed up right now. Good number. I believe the Weir ficathon had thirteen people...? Not sure though.

Welcome to the thread, Kookaburra!

How is this M/W? Well the ending had this great, great song "Breathe Me" by Sia and I thought the lyrics were quite appropriate for Rodney and Elizabeth, especially after the events of Trinity. It's definitely Rodney POV, and I'd like to think that's exactly what he wants from Elizabeth right now.

Help, I have done it again
            I have been here many times before
            Hurt myself again today
            And the worst part is there's no-one else to blame

Be my friend, hold me
            Wrap me up, un-fold me
            I am small, and needy

Ouch I have lost myself again
            Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
            Yeah I think that I might break
            I've lost myself again, and I will, I'll say

Be my friend, hold me
            Wrap me up, un-fold me
            I am small, and needy
            Love the lyrics, and they really would fit! Vid/songfic anyone?

New episode tomorrow!
            Spoiler:
            Looks to be more of a team-esque episode, finding out about the Wraith-child and whatnot. No mention of Elizabeth in the spoilers. But hey, you never know...

Comment

Originally posted by LittleKnux2008
              That's cute as well! I feel so untalented now. Course it would probably help if I *got* photoshop
              *Psst* GIMP is an even better program. That's all I've been working with. Plus it's FREE!

Love the lyrics, and they really would fit! Vid/songfic anyone?
              Hmmm...we haven't really had a season 2 McKay/Weir vid, have we? Where have all our vidders run off to? *prods the thread*

New episode tomorrow!
              Spoiler:
              Looks to be more of a team-esque episode, finding out about the Wraith-child and whatnot. No mention of Elizabeth in the spoilers. But hey, you never know...
              I'm going to leave my expectations/wants for Instinct tomorrow, but I also noticed that
              Spoiler:
              there's no mention of Elizabeth in the spoilers! I'm thinking she's going to take a role-back-on-Atlantis-waiting-for-updates yet again, but here's to hoping we get more!

Comment

Hello, yall. Well I kinda have a few things to say, (sort of) first of all, love the pic Toaster and I've also heard some spoilers too.

Spoiler:
                Liz is suppose to be kickin butt in an upcomin ep. I've also heard her maybe beatin up John and accordin to a few things ppl have said about this specific spoiler, it sounds like she's under an alien influence. Now if thats the case someone should notice it and I'd love to see Rodney being the first to. Ooooo, this also just gave me a few ideas for fic, Liz under alien influence, maybe acting different like hitting on the guys and stuff. Wow, sounds familiar, but I'm lookin foward to that ep anyway, wier kickin butt.

Whoa, I've been quite rambly today, and have no idea if anything I just said made any sense.

weirfan517- big rambler
                McKay: I'm invulnerable!
                Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
                McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
                My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
                  Spoiler:
                  Liz is suppose to be kickin butt in an upcomin ep. I've also heard her maybe beatin up John and accordin to a few things ppl have said about this specific spoiler, it sounds like she's under an alien influence. Now if thats the case someone should notice it and I'd love to see Rodney being the first to. Ooooo, this also just gave me a few ideas for fic, Liz under alien influence, maybe acting different like hitting on the guys and stuff. Wow, sounds familiar, but I'm lookin foward to that ep anyway, wier kickin butt.
                  I quit like the fic idea of Liz (or Rodney) being under the influence, alien or maybe just plastered. Actually, I remember reading a story on FF.net a while back and it E-Liz got taken over by some rainbow alien? and started trying to mate with McKay. Anyone remember what it's called? I want to read it again, now....thanks Weirfan.

And Toaster...glad you're going to enter in the icon challenge. Good luck! Not that you'll need it

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                    I quit like the fic idea of Liz (or Rodney) being under the influence, alien or maybe just plastered. Actually, I remember reading a story on FF.net a while back and it E-Liz got taken over by some rainbow alien? and started trying to mate with McKay. Anyone remember what it's called? I want to read it again, now....thanks Weirfan.
                    Now you've gone and gotten me curious!! Sounds interesting.

And Toaster...glad you're going to enter in the icon challenge. Good luck! Not that you'll need it
                    Good luck from over here as well!

Quick question: Is anyone around here available for beta? I feel horrible to pile up all these things on Hans once she gets back.

Love the "McWeir" kingdom thing in your sig, Gate Trippin'.

Comment

Yes it's an awesome idea of either of them to be under an alien influence and I believe the fic you're thinking of is Protection by Charlania. Thats one of my favorites and hehe it was kinda funny too.

Oh, and wanted to add that I love your new sig, cute.
                      Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
                        Yes it's an awesome idea of either of them to be under an alien influence and I believe the fic you're thinking of is Protection by Charlania. Thats one of my favorites and hehe it was kinda funny too.

Oh, and wanted to add that I love your new sig, cute.
                        YES! That's it! I think it was one of the first McWeir fics I read and it was hilarious...plus I just like flustered Rodney Thank you! Have some green!

And thanks about the 'kingdom', both of you

Comment

YES! That's it! I think it was one of the first McWeir fics I read and it was hilarious...plus I just like flustered Rodney Thank you! Have some green!

And thanks about the 'kingdom', both of you

Funny you say that it was one of the first I read too. It was also one of the fics that so totally got me into mcweir, cuz it was written so well about them and I love it and Rodney was funny. I love it when he's flustered and it was no problem finding it cuz I got it in my bookmarks.

Oh, love the kingdom, thats really cool and you're welcomed.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys!

So where can I find some more McWeir fan fiction... altho, not too raunchy... lol

I'm still getting used to the idea but I like it so far
                            BSG convert....

Comment

So where can I find some more McWeir fan fiction... altho, not too raunchy... lol

Have you been to FF.net?? It's pretty much THE place for now and they don't allow anything smutty there. Also, you can check out Wraithbait You can choose ratings from there. Happy Ficcing!

Oh, and check this thread every Friday as Toaster, lovely gal, links to all the new McWeir fics

Comment

/rubs hands/ All righty.

McKay/Weir Yahoo! Group - Mailing list, really, but there are stories, as well as discussion and whatnot.

McKay/Weir C2 Archive - Over at fanfiction.net. Pretty much links to most of the M/W stories there.

Wraithbait M/W Category - Definitely smaller, but worth checking out. I can't recommend this fic enough.

And finally Livejournal Community for M/W.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Working...
                                X