Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Porthos1013
    Okay, I read this, and as a someone with a terminal case of X-Files love, I couldn't resist the implications. Hence, the following:
    Hahaha again! Oh dear! did I double post, sorry.
    Last edited by Willow'sCat; 03 July 2005, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
      I'd hope so, and I had a BIS tag where he did and she let him
      Chapter 2 of Dying Thoughts
      Hans, I know I've told you this before (at least I think I have) but that fic was almost solely responsible for me becoming a McWeir shipper
      Spoiler:
      (along with him stepping in front of the gun in The Eye),
      before I even knew about GW forum or that McKay/Weir shippers were called McWeir shippers! Anyway, thanks for helping me to wake up and smell the coffee, so to speak!

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
      McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
      Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
      McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

JUST SAY NO TO PAGE 2!!!

Anyways, I'm back! I was gone for almost a week, darn real life in the way.

I'm also in withdrawl, since I haven't seen an Atlantis episode in over a week!!! How horrible is that!

But I am going to work on my part 3 post BIS birthday gift fic tonight though since I've got a bit of time, so hopefully I'll have something to show soon.
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Hans, I know I've told you this before (at least I think I have) but that fic was almost solely responsible for me becoming a McWeir shipper
          Spoiler:
          (along with him stepping in front of the gun in The Eye),
          before I even knew about GW forum or that McKay/Weir shippers were called McWeir shippers! Anyway, thanks for helping me to wake up and smell the coffee, so to speak!
          Delighted to have an effect!

Comment

Yay! 300 posts! <Does a happy dance> Of course, I had to post it here. I'll be back with pics and presents later. Huzzah!

Okay, I'm back, and in honor of the upcoming episode, Brotherhood, since we don't see a lot of screen time between the two, I took the liberty of sneaking aboard Atlantis and reading their journals. My discovery was a look into their thoughts during the events of Brotherhood:

Hmm...if I squint, she almost looks like Elizabeth...except for the hair.

Hmm...if I squint, and from this angle, he almost looks like Rodney...except for the hair.

Now, when you watch Brotherhood, you'll know that they're really thinking about each other all the time, despite the fact that it's not a particularly shippy ep. Cheers!
            Last edited by Porthos1013; 27 June 2005, 02:48 PM. Reason: promised piccies!

Comment

Well, that sounded like a request to me, so here you go.

That image and the classic X-Files kick I've been on have given me my first McWeir plot bunny, dang it, guess I'll have to write it down somewhere and store it for when I actually have time to make an attempt at writing it.

McKay is Snarky Geek Love

Comment

Originally posted by Natacup82
                That image and the classic X-Files kick I've been on have given me my first McWeir plot bunny, dang it, guess I'll have to write it down somewhere and store it for when I actually have time to make an attempt at writing it.
                Yay! I inspired a plot bunny! (I think that might be my first one...) I'm way more excited than I should be about that...

Also, speaking of fic, I was looking for fic on GW (thinking I might have missed something on ff.net) and would you believe it!? They don't have a pairing category for McKay/Weir! They have Shep/Weir and Shep/Teyla, but that's IT!!! Do they just not have enough McWeir fic submissions to warrant a separate category? Hmmph... personally, I think there's more McWeir fic out there than Sheyla, and they still have a category... What would it take to get a McKay/Weir category, do you think?

Comment

Now, when you watch Brotherhood, you'll know that they're really thinking about each other all the time, despite the fact that it's not a particularly shippy ep. Cheers!
                  Loved the 'journals'. I was thinking about writing a (okay...so it would be like...the second one...but that's beside the point!) tag for the Brotherhood where Rodney talks to Elizabeth about
                  Spoiler:
                  Allina betraying him and taking the ZPM
                  . Might turn out to be an Elizabeth angst-y piece. Who knows! But I'll refrain from writing it now, as things don't tend to turn out understandable at two in the morning. Poor Hans has taken it upon herself to beta something I wrote in the middle of the night. Poor soul.

(So, okay... I didn't really have anything to say. But dang it, I'm bored! What's there to do at two in the morning, anyway?)

Comment

Had a crazy idea for the whole McKay/Weir past. Inspired by my new banner you see...
                    Oh man. Seeing as I know nothing about Dr. Who, it's all Greek to me. But you can write it and I'll still love it.

Okay, I'm back, and in honor of the upcoming episode, Brotherhood, since we don't see a lot of screen time between the two, I took the liberty of sneaking aboard Atlantis and reading their journals. My discovery was a look into their thoughts during the events of Brotherhood:
                    Bwahaha, too true! Your idea is extremely similar to a pic I was thinking about making using a certain screencap from Duet. You know which one I'm talking about.

Those story ideas sound great Natacup and LittleKnux. Hope to read them soon!

And true to my word, I made more pics!

And I found a great tutorial on the Gimp_users LJ community for making rain in your icons, so:

Comment

Also, speaking of fic, I was looking for fic on GW (thinking I might have missed something on ff.net) and would you believe it!? They don't have a pairing category for McKay/Weir! They have Shep/Weir and Shep/Teyla, but that's IT!!! Do they just not have enough McWeir fic submissions to warrant a separate category? Hmmph... personally, I think there's more McWeir fic out there than Sheyla, and they still have a category... What would it take to get a McKay/Weir category, do you think?
                      Well I haven't got any of my SGA fics on GW ;D

But seriously I don't like the GW system because you can't edit stuff, only ask them to remove it. I'm not inclined to post stuff up unless it's been gone over with an eagle eye first and won't need changing ever.

Originally posted by toasteronfire
                      Bwahaha, too true! Your idea is extremely similar to a pic I was thinking about making using a certain screencap from Duet. You know which one I'm talking about.

And true to my word, I made more pics!

Like the graphics, but the first one here might look better if it had it either centred (the line between the two) or in line wiht the words division and possibly a little more Rodney showing.

Anyway, love the rain ones, especially the Rodney concerned one.

And want to see that Duet one soon!
                      Last edited by Purpleyin; 28 June 2005, 10:07 AM.

Comment

I never realized that GW had categories for their ff like that. And yes, it is odd that there is a S/W and S/T category but no M/W, even though there are tons of M/W fic out there. I would assume there isn't enough stories submitted, and with Hans saying you can't edit once posted I can understand why some people don't post there. Our main base of operations right now seems to be fanfiction.net, at least until the big website is up.

If you really want a M/W category, perhaps you should try PMing a mod/admin with the promise of some stories to fill the new addition? I'm sure an admin would be happy to oblige if approached with sweetness.

Like the graphics, but the first one here might look better if it had it either centred (the line between the two) or in line wiht the words division and possibly a little more Rodney showing.

Anyway, love the rain ones, especially the Rodney concerned one.

And want to see that Duet one soon!
                        Oh, you mean the vertical black line in between "just innocent" and "BANTER?" I could nudge that over, and that would give more space for Rodney. Gotta make sure Elizabeth doesn't get pushed out though...Thanks for the comments, they help me get better.

Duet is hopefully coming soon, but it'll have to be linked instead of posted to ruin that spoiler.

And here's another...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                          Duet is hopefully coming soon, but it'll have to be linked instead of posted to ruin that spoiler.

And here's another...
                          What no M/W take on the pictures so far?
                          And like the new one but not sure about the words bit, either its use or its thiness of font. Maybe a different text or none even? Or try some textures/brushes - they can be fun and get some very subtle effects that add dimensions to images. Though I'm always amazed what some people achieve with icons that I can only dream of making.

Comment

And like the new one but not sure about the words bit, either its use or its thiness of font. Maybe a different text or none even? Or try some textures/brushes - they can be fun and get some very subtle effects that add dimensions to images. Though I'm always amazed what some people achieve with icons that I can only dream of making.
                            That's possible. I originally wanted it to say "Too close for words" but all that text seemed too much so I just had "words?" No text is certainly doable, but I just have the itch to put text in all of my icons for some reason. Maybe another font; I've found a website with tons and I'm having a hard time limiting myself.

And just today I discovered all these premade 100X100 brushes/images sitting around in LJ communities! Lots of them are sweet, of course I had to blow them up to 150X150. I just can't get into the smaller 100 pics, and when I see some of them with that text you can never read it just baffles me. I'm crazy, I know. Anyway, I'm not sure how to credit people if/when I use the brushes, as I think all of the pics are going on your website instead of LJ. Any ideas?

Man, I have tons of pics on photobucket. Anyone know how many I can have?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                              That's possible. I originally wanted it to say "Too close for words" but all that text seemed too much so I just had "words?" No text is certainly doable, but I just have the itch to put text in all of my icons for some reason. Maybe another font; I've found a website with tons and I'm having a hard time limiting myself.

And just today I discovered all these premade 100X100 brushes/images sitting around in LJ communities! Lots of them are sweet, of course I had to blow them up to 150X150. I just can't get into the smaller 100 pics, and when I see some of them with that text you can never read it just baffles me. I'm crazy, I know. Anyway, I'm not sure how to credit people if/when I use the brushes, as I think all of the pics are going on your website instead of LJ. Any ideas?

Man, I have tons of pics on photobucket. Anyone know how many I can have?
                              Don't suppose its 1001freefonts.com?
                              limit is 25mb for photobucket free accounts.

And as for crediting them on the mainsite, not sure what image gallery to use yet but will try to get one where you can have comments to credit within. Actually the image gallery feature is bugging me, how to structure things, by type or by author.

As in should it be
                              Gallery > Icons > Author
                              or even
                              Gallery > Icons > LJ > Author
                              or
                              Gallery > Icons > Weir (or McKay or McKay/Weir or OT3)
                              or
                              Gallery > Icons > Weir etc > Author

Comment

Don't suppose its 1001freefonts.com?
                                limit is 25mb for photobucket free accounts.

And as for crediting them on the mainsite, not sure what image gallery to use yet but will try to get one where you can have comments to credit within. Actually the image gallery feature is bugging me, how to structure things, by type or by author.

As in should it be
                                Gallery > Icons > Author
                                or even
                                Gallery > Icons > LJ > Author
                                or
                                Gallery > Icons > Weir (or McKay or McKay/Weir or OT3)
                                or
                                Gallery > Icons > Weir etc > Author
                                Actually, I've been getting all my fonts here. Keep me away from that other site though, I might fill up the harddrive.

Regarding order, I was thinking:
                                Gallery > Icons > Author
                                kinda like over at geek!love. Does that mean you're going to have
                                Gallery > Wallpaper > Author and
                                Gallery > Other pictures > Author as well?
                                The Gallery > Icons > Character/Ship would be much more to script in comparison, and then all the icons would have to be sorted for their category.

And I saw you were having problems with blocking hotlinking, bummer. Hopefully you can fix it. If not, you can always have a "DON'T HOTLINK DUMMY" disclaimer at the top of the pics page and reprimand anyone here and elsewhere who hotlinks. I'd like to think most people that do it don't realize exactly what they're doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X