Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purpleyin
    Squee!Squeee. Sorry, I think I will love and adore this episode. It sounds even better than LFP was! I'm grinning now.

Oh and welcome to the thread (weren't you here before or am I imagining it?)
    Me too! ^__^ I can't wait...! I wish it would come earlier, lol! I loved Rodney in LFP, and the-scientist-whose-name-I-can-never-remember. Kushinagi, I think (which doesn't have a g in it, and the name was probably slaughtered, lol). But anyhow, it looks to be a v.v. good episode.

Lol, thanks! Well... I've been lurking around and reading the posts for a while, finally decided to register and post today.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleKnux2008
      I have finally come out of hiding! I think most of you that know of me knew I would end up here eventually. But anyway, this is a little late, but I picked up the Stargate SG: 1 magazine, and in it David Hewlett talked about Duet. Excerpt from the magazine:

Spoiler:
      Slated to be the show's comic episode of the season, Duet plays up to McKay's idiosyncrasies. "My life becomes sort of disrupted," Hewlett explains. "I've got these two people fighting for control of my body. Every time I fall asleep she keeps wandering off and going for runs and things - with my body! And she's trying to give me tips on dating and how one should act with women." He chuckles. "I'm kissing everybody in this show. There's nobody I don't kiss. I don't know what happened, but Martin Gero has fallen in love and started writing lots of kissy episodes. It's a non-stop cavalcade of kisses!"

Makes you wonder...
      I would also like to register a hearty SQUEEE!

And a warm welcome to LittleKnux2008!!! So glad you're here!

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
      McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
      Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
      McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Okay, I've been working on a McWeir vid idea (to The Trouble with Love, off the Love Actually soundtrack...yes, it's Kelly Clarkson, but just bear with me here) and I was making a list of all of McKay's potential (and disastrous) love interests, and here's the list I've come up with so far (spoilers for S1 and 2)
        Spoiler:

1. Weir (obviously!)
        2. Sam Carter
        3. Katie Brown
        4. Cadman
        5. Cat girl/neighbor from Home
        6. Dumais
        7. Allina
        8. Heightmeyer (sort of)
        9. Kusinagi (a bit of a stretch... )
        10/11. And I'm thinking of adding the blonde nurse and Perna from Poisoning the Well (his brief moment of flirting, anyway)

Can any of you think of anyone I left out? The first half of the video is going to be about all of McKay's bad run-ins with love (so I want to make sure it's thorough), and the second half is going to be about Elizabeth.

Okay, I just counted, and I have 4 McWeir video ideas waiting to be made (I just need to wait for the shows to air so I can get the clips) and I have 11 McWeir fanfic ideas, 7 of which are multichapter fics! Not to mention that I still have to write the lesson plans for 3 different subjects for the entire first quarter of the school I'm going to be teaching at!!! I better get cracking!
        Last edited by Porthos1013; 21 June 2005, 06:23 PM. Reason: Someone pointed out Perna's actual name! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
          Okay, I've been working on a McWeir vid idea (to The Trouble with Love, off the Love Actually soundtrack...yes, it's Kelly Clarkson, but just bear with me here) and I was making a list of all of McKay's potential (and disastrous) love interests, and here's the list I've come up with so far (spoilers for S1 and 2)
          Spoiler:

1. Weir (obviously!)
          2. Sam Carter
          3. Katie Brown
          4. Cadman
          6. Dumais
          7. Allina
          8. Heightmeyer (sort of)

Can any of you think of anyone I left out? The first half of the video is going to be about all of McKay's bad run-ins with love (so I want to make sure it's thorough), and the second half is going to be about Elizabeth.
          Not sure if this is big enough to include but I liked when
          Spoiler:
          he introduced himself to Perna and she totally dismissed him in favor of Carson. It was short but funny!

And
          Welcome LittleKnux2008!!!
          Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
          :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
            Thanks for the loverly Welcome Purleyin

I still think it wont happen because the basis of their relationship is professional and you can't mess with that. Of course my main objection is that I don't want anyone sniffing around him . "Duet" aside.

Oh! you people read the fic/books?, I can't stand them. I like to see my StarGate not read about it but I am like that we all shows including Buffy which I loved. I like reading , just not T.V shows.
            Hee, so you don't like McKay/Weir because you want him for yourself? Completely understandable!

I have not read any of the canon SG books, but that's because they've been SG1 so far, no SGA. Maybe I'd read an SGA book if it was really good. Other than that, I do read fanfic. Tons of fanfic. You can find all sorts of stuff there; shippy, AU, darkfic, and stories that would make a great actual episode. And since there hasn't been any major McKay/Weir ship developments on the show I like to read about it in fics. A lot of times fanfic writers write better ship than what actually ends up on the show.
            And I also read non-SG scifi books in my spare time. I love reading.

Originally posted by aaobuttons
            And for the site, I'm not good with any graphics sort of things or formatting, but I am good at fact gathering and typing up stuff, so if you need any help with anything on that front, please let me know!
            Well, if you want to take on the McKay and Weir character files you're welcome to it. I have barely started them; just gathering transcripts from eps and the like. Let me know if you want a go with it.

Originally posted by LittleKnux2008
            I have finally come out of hiding! I think most of you that know of me knew I would end up here eventually. But anyway, this is a little late, but I picked up the Stargate SG: 1 magazine, and in it David Hewlett talked about Duet. Excerpt from the magazine:

Spoiler:
            Slated to be the show's comic episode of the season, Duet plays up to McKay's idiosyncrasies. "My life becomes sort of disrupted," Hewlett explains. "I've got these two people fighting for control of my body. Every time I fall asleep she keeps wandering off and going for runs and things - with my body! And she's trying to give me tips on dating and how one should act with women." He chuckles. "I'm kissing everybody in this show. There's nobody I don't kiss. I don't know what happened, but Martin Gero has fallen in love and started writing lots of kissy episodes. It's a non-stop cavalcade of kisses!"

Makes you wonder...
            Yay! Welcome LittleKnux! I've been enjoying your works.

And regarding Duet,
            Spoiler:
            He chuckles. "I'm kissing everybody in this show. There's nobody I don't kiss." I'm holding him to that; we better see him smooch Elizabeth. I MEAN IT!!
            The question is, would it be Cadman smooching Elizabeth in Rodney's body to mess with him, or would it be Rodney smooching her but later claiming Cadman made him? Oh, the fanfic possibilities!!

Oh, and I was inspired last night with the M/W OOC challenge! Creepy, darkfic stuff too! Hopefully I can get around to writing it, it should be quite the shocker!!

Comment

Spoiler:

1. Weir (obviously!)
              2. Sam Carter
              3. Katie Brown
              4. Cadman
              6. Dumais
              7. Allina
              8. Heightmeyer (sort of)
              10/11. And I'm thinking of adding the blonde nurse and Pella (was that her name?) from Poisoning the Well (his brief moment of flirting, anyway)

Okay, I just counted, and I have 4 McWeir video ideas waiting to be made (I just need to wait for the shows to air so I can get the clips) and I have 11 McWeir fanfic ideas, 7 of which are multichapter fics! Not to mention that I still have to write the lesson plans for 3 different subjects for the entire first quarter of the school I'm going to be teaching at!!! I better get cracking!
              Wow!! Have fun with that. Bad for you, maybe, but good for us! I don't have nearly as much on my plate. Just finishing Bewildered Heart, Leaving Home; a long Teyney one; a short Sheppard/McKay one; deathfic/songfic; two McWeir ficlets, and a long McWeir one dealing with Simon. Plus the Weir fic-a-thon thing. Anyway... I don't think you missed anyone! Can't wait to see the video!

-Liz

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Comment

I think you could in theory include Chaya - because it was a run in with love but just not him who was in love, though he did get caught up in the John/Chaya thing... Probably a bad idea. Anyway, really love to see this vid. Luckily you get episodes in 24days now!

I have a ton of McWeir vid ideas myself, same for fic bt it's so hard to whittle them down any - too many bunnies can be bad for you. Though I made some progress on site design today.
                Last edited by Purpleyin; 21 June 2005, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Though I made some progress on site design today.
                  Hurrah! *dances*

I have quite a bit of M/W fic on the comp, but none of it has been updated in a while. I tend to get bitten by bunnies and then write part of the fic but never finish it. What do you guys do when that happens?

Recently though, I've been sucked in by GIMP. Damn addictive thing. I'm even been working on LJ icons and I don't have a LJ account! Mmm..icon Rodney, icon Elizabeth, M/W wallpaper. I'll post them here whenever I finish them; since I'm new to GIMP I could use all the constructive criticism I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                    Hurrah! *dances*

I have quite a bit of M/W fic on the comp, but none of it has been updated in a while. I tend to get bitten by bunnies and then write part of the fic but never finish it. What do you guys do when that happens?
                    They get left to linger until I suddenly remember them or get particularly inspired (usually by songs). You guys'd probably be mad if you knew just how many half or mostly finished fics there are littered around my harddrive. I sorted one out today that I'd actually forgotten about. They just tend to come around again and get finished properly.

Comment

A belated welcome to Drwho'srose and Little Kunx2008!
                      So...Sanctuary. Anyone have additional thoughts about the ep from a McKay/Weir POV? Here's some of mine:
                      Spoiler:

-Notice how Rodney picks up on Shep's flirting and Teyla also seems to have some concern/jealously to hint at S/T, but Elizabeth seems completely oblivious? Hmmm...
                      I'd never thought of that!

Question for all you McWeir Shippers... If they did end up pairing Sheppard and Weir together, would you be mad? Would you hate the pairing? Or would you give it a chance?
                      Porthos and Toaster pretty much expressed all my thoughts on the matter. I admit, it would be difficult to be okay with it. I fear they might rewrite the characters to make a thing like that work.

Another reason I have issues with it is that Sheppard pretty much flirts with every new/episodic female that isn't jail bait. First Teyla, then Perna--Rodney wasn't the only one disappointed by her favoring Carson!--, then Sora ("I wasn't hitting on your daughter"), then Chaya. And in The Brotherhood, he seemed almost annoyed that the hot chick was interested in Rodney (a.k.a. Mr. Oblivious). I find it a bit difficult to believe that such a social butterfly would settle for one woman; it would be out of chatacter. I also think it would be odd for TPTB to take a Kirk character and turn him into a one-woman-man. This is perhaps why I'm more of a M/W fan than a S/E fan--McKay has longed for a relationship since day one. Whether or not he's currently capable of keeping one is another matter, but he's no Kirk, that's for sure.

Also, forgive me, but it's pretty much got to be Kusanagi. I'd be happy to explain the boring linguistic reasons why, but the primary reason is that I can't imagine TPTB, after 9 years of this, making up an Earth surname.
                      Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Ah! I broke my toes (2 of them, anyway) playing with my dog earlier today! I have to be on crutches for who knows how long, wrangling small children for 8 hours a day!!! I could use some McWeir lovin'...Any fun caps with captions? Any good fic out there I might have missed? Any good fanart, wallpapers and such? I feel like crap, and I need some McWeir to cheer me up.

Comment

Well, if you want to take on the McKay and Weir character files you're welcome to it. I have barely started them; just gathering transcripts from eps and the like. Let me know if you want a go with it.

I'll give it the old college try! Just send me what you have so I have an idea of what you want.
                          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Well on stuff like that there's the reviews, if you have any episodes, or you could help on the fact files. Or there's something I'm going to mention in the update that you might like...

Now you can't leave me in anticipation!!! I have the eppys, what sort of reviews do you want? Shippy reviews, episode reviews, character reviews?

All of you with the vids on the brain... please please finish them so I can watch them!!! I'm in vid withdrawl, there hasn't been any new ones in awhile and I'm starting to memorize the others! I'll give cookies... or buttons! If that will help speed things along.

And Welcome LittleKnux2008!!! So glad to have you here. As you know I'm a huge fan of your writing, and I'm glad you're working on the Leaving Home series some more too.
                            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by Fanwoman
                              [B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
                              Another reason I have issues with it is that Sheppard pretty much flirts with every new/episodic female that isn't jail bait. First Teyla, then Perna--Rodney wasn't the only one disappointed by her favoring Carson!--, then Sora ("I wasn't hitting on your daughter"), then Chaya. And in The Brotherhood, he seemed almost annoyed that the hot chick was interested in Rodney (a.k.a. Mr. Oblivious). I find it a bit difficult to believe that such a social butterfly would settle for one woman; it would be out of chatacter. I also think it would be odd for TPTB to take a Kirk character and turn him into a one-woman-man. This is perhaps why I'm more of a M/W fan than a S/E fan--McKay has longed for a relationship since day one. Whether or not he's currently capable of keeping one is another matter, but he's no Kirk, that's for sure.
                              And according to spoilers.
                              Spoiler:
                              he's still flirting along in S2 "Critical Mass", mostly it seems to piss Rodney off more than any particular interest. I'm not sure exactly why this bothers Rodney (does he like her? is it just having to listen/watch to Shep being the ladies man? distracting his scientist or is it something else...?)

Also looks very much like Cadman is Beckett's love interest.
                              http://www.stargatesg1.be/site/news....&mode=z&id=223

Comment

Now you can't leave me in anticipation!!! I have the eppys, what sort of reviews do you want? Shippy reviews, episode reviews, character reviews?
                                Any type of reviews you want to do, for any episodes. And you'll find out shortly about the other thing.

Ah! I broke my toes (2 of them, anyway) playing with my dog earlier today! I have to be on crutches for who knows how long, wrangling small children for 8 hours a day!!! I could use some McWeir lovin'...Any fun caps with captions? Any good fic out there I might have missed? Any good fanart, wallpapers and such? I feel like crap, and I need some McWeir to cheer me up.
                                Sorry to hear aobut you toes. Fanart? Here's a place for some cool Mckay pieces with one M/W piccy.

http://fanart.halessa.net/

Comment

Working...
                                X