No announcement yet.

Team Flyboy (thunking, shipping, discussion) - Lorne/Mitchell/Sheppard/O'Neill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be nice if there were some good stories to read... always nice when you find a new obsession to also find ff. Been reading a lot of Becker/Jess (Primeval) the last few weeks. Was glad to see 17 pages of the couple when I went hunting for one.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Thinking on the Shepp/MALP thing... I recall a conversation with Woolsey. Got the impression that Woolsey was pro MALP and Sheppard not so much.

sigpic

Comment

Never watched Primeval ... haven't watched anything new in ages; getting to the point where it seems pointless because shows seem to get cancelled with very little reason and often without an ending. Haven't even watched the rest of season 6 of Bones yet!!

sigpic

Comment

Nice umbrella pic!!

Re Shep, I can recall many instances where he talks to Atlantis via radio, just not where he's actually on the screen.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Love Lorne thinking so hard for me... I can't recall him on a MALP, but that is what a rewatch is for.

I do know what you mean about the canceling of good shows. Funny it is the subject of Lorne's newest interview with GW too (link in the Lorne thread) With Eureka being canceled it ended up part of his interview and was discussed.

I have always liked dinosaur movies and such so I really wanted to see Primeval... but the team dynamic is what hooked me. They just finished season 5... Heard there is going to be a movie and I think season 6 hasn't been decided yet.

What you need to watch is Firefly/Serenity though... I know only half a season and movie, but really still worth it. Makes you mad it ended, but glad you found it/watched it. Nathan Filion is a must. Adam Baldwin tool.

sigpic

Comment

Sometimes they make games into movies... maybe Gears will get a movie someday

sigpic

Comment

I saw the Kavan interview because I always come into Gateworld from the home page - was nice to see Kavan's pic on there for a change! He has to be philosophical about cancellations I guess, since he's in the business. Maybe I'll wait to watch anything until after it's finished so then I'll be able to find out if it ended! I think you'll have to help me get into watching Firefly since I've had it for ages and haven't managed it by myself yet ... maybe another rewatch for you and firstwatch for me!!

<no pic - photobucket playing up>
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                        Sometimes they make games into movies... maybe Gears will get a movie someday

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...dsc00958-1.jpg
                        I think there has been talk of a movie - way back though so this is probably another one of those 'we're giving you a movie, nope, now we're taking it back!' ... always cool to see things you've mostly imagined appearing on the big screen though!

<still no pics>
                        sigpic

Comment

I think it'd be fun to see your reactions to it as you watch it

Some of what Kavan said made sense... about the millions they spend to make the show verses the 2.3 million that watch. Of course my answer to that is cut your budget. The cool effects are nice, but we are hooked on the characters... so just don't screw up the characters and we'll believe you if you say that a rocket launched, etc.

sigpic

Comment

Have never played these types of games myself... Lego Starwars is about as good as it gets... but I see the previews for the movies and they almost look real. Is the game still pretty popular? That seems to be the driving force anymore..

sigpic

Comment

Exactly!!! I could care less for special effects when the characters are so great. Eureka was founded on the emergent science/science fiction though so maybe the creators themselves wouldn't want to pull back on that ...

I wonder what we'll see Kavan in next? (Great we still have season 5 to look forward to)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                                Have never played these types of games myself... Lego Starwars is about as good as it gets... but I see the previews for the movies and they almost look real. Is the game still pretty popular? That seems to be the driving force anymore..

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...503-0044xe.jpg
                                The game is very popular - enough to have midnight releases around the world for the last in the trilogy (yes, I went to our small one - full of mostly young guys who thought I was picking the game up for my son/daughter ) It's only on xbox though so not as big as games that are on all the platforms. Lego Starwars is pretty cool
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X