Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

Morning Mane... I know Postie wrote one... not a Lorne/Mitchell thunker myself, so if not her, then I'm not sure.

Great OT sig, lg. Sounds like it'd be a good story too.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Bay.

Well, I know I said goodnight a while ago, but the neighbors were celebrating the 4th of July a bit late. Now that it's quiet, I'm heading out for real, this time.

Have a great day tomorrow since I won't be around until late.

Comment

Night lg
          sigpic

Comment

Okay... gimp tut on the blending tool below the spoiler. Probably should have used a flyboy sig to be on topic... hope no one minds the OT, thought of it when I was done and at almost 2am, don't really want to fix it.

Spoiler:
            Okay… like many things in Gimp, there is probably other ways to do this. Here is one way.

So here is a sig I made up for this tut. I usually get it all finished before adding on the font and the borders or other fine tuning type of things.

I’m doing this in white so it show better, but typically I use darker colors.

Create a new layer. (I always use so many layers. So sometimes I will even have multiple layers for the blending in case I want to fade some of the blending, (by changing the opacity) but not evenly)

Click on the blend tool and pick FG to Transparent

Now you hold down left click and draw a line where you want the shading.

For the left side it is right to left,

for top down it is the control key while you draw the line.

For the right side it is still left to right starting where you want the fade to be, but you have to click in the little box next to the tool that shows the blue arrows.

For the bottom up it is similar, check mark in the box, then draw the line from where you want the fade down.

Play a bit with it… if you start the line before the sig then the white isn’t as harsh on the side, the blending starts before the sig (if that makes sense).

If the line isn’t straight, then the blending will also be a little slanted, which might be something you want.

I finished my sig in black. Also erased the blending on her face. For this one I did the blending on all four sides, but you may find that for some sigs/art, you only want the sides or top/bottom, or maybe even just one side because it is too bright or distracting.

Before

After

If any of this didn’t make sense, let me know. I can try to explain any part you are having trouble with in another way.
            Last edited by bailey1ak; 04 July 2011, 10:58 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm off to bed now... night thunkers.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Great O/T sigs maneth and lg!

Good morning!
                  sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Morning Mane, Sy and anyone else that comes in. Back to work, yuck.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi Cam! Good luck with returning to work.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X