No announcement yet.

Team Flyboy (thunking, shipping, discussion) - Lorne/Mitchell/Sheppard/O'Neill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to get to my lap top today to finish my OT challenge..

sigpic

Comment

yea lg~.. but bitter sweet cause I would like to read MORE!!!
      sigpic

Comment

watched alot of SGA yesterday.. season 2 done, season 3 almost complete..

sigpic

Comment

I need to finish my OT challenges as well.

Bittersweet, yes. But my next project is the sequel to Remnant of Fire. I've been looking forward to that one for MONTHS.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

well I need to go ..last chapter is calling me to finish.. since Bay and Sha were chattering about writing this moring got me motiviated .. think I may get a bingo card at lj for some prompts...(would like to see what I have in my head...lol since the art muse has taken over the past few weeks..) *holding the gimp bug down*

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, seeing them talk about writing WAS motivating. Hmmm. . . .Wonder if we should do our own writing challenges over here.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post

Yeah, seeing them talk about writing WAS motivating. Hmmm. . . .Wonder if we should do our own writing challenges over here.
                  we have the re-watch.. but maybe some prompts would be good.. to keep our fingers moving.. and warm
                  sigpic

Comment

and that word CHALLENGE *runs in circles*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brneyestx View Post
                      we have the re-watch.. but maybe some prompts would be good.. to keep our fingers moving.. and warm
                      Exactly what I was thinking. We could even base the prompts around themes inspired by the rewatch. For example, the rewatch right now is "Enemy Within." The prompt could be something like "Captive" or "Taken as a host." But I would personally prefer the writing prompts be open to either SG-1 or SGA so people like me don't get bound up writing characters they don't particularly enjoy as much as others.

Comment

and that word CHALLENGE *runs in circles*
                        Yeah, there is that. I have a hard time leaving challenges alone! LOL!

Comment

I like that Idea.. promts form the ep.. but yes as long as they are stargate-y so SG-1 or SGA could be used!!! I likie
                          sigpic

Comment

I like that Idea.. promts form the ep.. but yes as long as they are stargate-y so SG-1 or SGA could be used!!! I likie
                            Me, too!

Um. . .since I'm the newcomer here, how do you decide if the challenges are acceptable? Do we put it to a vote or something?

Comment

Ok .. now i do have to go... but I really want to re-visit this challenge prompt idea..
                              sigpic

Comment

How's this? I'll just ask.

Have a great day, Brn!

Spoiler:
                                As you all know, I'm hopelessly, head-over-heels in love with the written word, and I love writing challenges that push me out of my comfort zone. So, everyone, I had an idea for a writing challenge for those of us who love to write. What if we did a weekly prompt here related to the episode that we're doing for the rewatch? It's not so much a "contest" as much as prompts to help us explore various topics we wouldn't on our own. Kind of like what Bay and Sha were talking about earlier for the R/K thread. The prompts would be themes from the rewatch episode we're doing for those two weeks, and there could be several of them so we could pick and choose which prompt for which week. And the entries should be somewhere between 1,000 and 2500 words to keep them manageable. Thoughts? Concerns? Ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X