No announcement yet.

Team Flyboy (thunking, shipping, discussion) - Lorne/Mitchell/Sheppard/O'Neill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooh, good stuff! I've done some research too, and found that my great, great (I think I need another great here) grandfather served on HMS Victory with Admiral Nelson!

It's a fascinating hobby, but a very addictive one too. Once you start, you get this irresistible compulsion to keep digging.

Cate
    sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
      Jack was eating oatmeal because he'd had so much of the Froot Loops during the, uh...loops.

And even if I like hot cereal, I couldn't eat it as I am gluten-intolerant. I have to read every food label. And sometimes food manufacturers are sneaky about putting wheat and gluten in foods. "Modified food starch" is an example. It could mean that its potato starch or some sort of flour.

Yes, my cousin is gluten intolerant too, and has to be so careful with what she eats. As you say, food labels can be pretty unclear, which is a nightmare at the best of times, let alone when you have GI.

Cate
      sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Originally posted by Cate'sCorner View Post
        Ooooh, good stuff! I've done some research too, and found that my great, great (I think I need another great here) grandfather served on HMS Victory with Admiral Nelson!

It's a fascinating hobby, but a very addictive one too. Once you start, you get this irresistible compulsion to keep digging.

Cate
        I know, but don't have time. I also have Native American, French, German and Dutch in me.

Spoiler:
        This is the info on my last name:

German title of a reeve or advocate, an overlord (mostly of nobility) exerting guardianship or military protection as well as secular justice (Blutgericht) over a certain territory.

Comment

Yes, my cousin is gluten intolerant too, and has to be so careful with what she eats. As you say, food labels can be pretty unclear, which is a nightmare at the best of times, let alone when you have GI.

Cate
          It basically sux big time. Can't eat at McD's, can't eat sandwiches unless they're on rice bread. I can get pizza and mac and cheese from the organic food store, but it all costs $$$.

Comment

Now I'm annoyed. Gonna thunk some JF then go to the Renner thread.

No, the mouse didn't slip on this one. Did it on purpose...

Comment

*snort*

Okay, does anyone know how to get porridge off a keyboard?!?

Cate
              1. Disconnect the keyboard.
              2. Carry it to the kitchen.
              3. Toss it in the trash.
              4. Carry trash to curb on trash day.
              5. Go to Staples/Office Depot/Whatever.
              6. Buy new keyboard.
              7. Install new keyboard.
              8. Vow to never eat porridge near computer again.

For any other substances, replace "porridge" with the name of that substance and repeat.
              That works.. or invest in one of these..

or don't eat while Thunking
              Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
              sigpic
              Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

*iz jealous*
                sigpic

Comment

OH! Did I ever tell my thunk friends...

Spoiler:
                  ...that its possible that I'm related distantly to Michael Shanks? That's my mother's maiden name.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/s...mo_045-1-1.jpg
                  I am so sorry

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post
                    *iz jealous*
                    I iz too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Now I'm annoyed. Gonna thunk some JF then go to the Renner thread.

No, the mouse didn't slip on this one. Did it on purpose...

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/s...47777447_n.jpg
                              You can go on to thunk JF in this way......

I took this for you (I'm sure you've already seen......)
                              Spoiler:

Last edited by luisa_; 06 January 2013, 11:10 AM. Reason: placed pic under spoiler

Comment

Aaaaah, porridge - the food of Scottish gods. I think it's known as oatmeal in the US? I remember O'Neill packing quite a bit of it away at the end of Window Of Opportunity.

Love the stuff. Haggis too, though it's an acquired taste. Not sure what these guys would make of it, but we Scots love it!
                                Cate

Haggis

Jack was eating oatmeal because he'd had so much of the Froot Loops during the, uh...loops.
                                And even if I like hot cereal, I couldn't eat it as I am gluten-intolerant. I have to read every food label. And sometimes food manufacturers are sneaky about putting wheat and gluten in foods. "Modified food starch" is an example. It could mean that its potato starch or some sort of flour.
                                LOL!! Too many loops.. sorry about the Gluten thingy!!

I know, but don't have time. I also have Native American, French, German and Dutch in me.

Spoiler:
                                This is the info on my last name:
                                German title of a reeve or advocate, an overlord (mostly of nobility) exerting guardianship or military protection as well as secular justice (Blutgericht) over a certain territory.
                                WOW, your a Mutt FB.. just like RDA.. Me, I am Dutch-Canadian.. well actually Canadian-Canadian, my parents are Dutch-Canadian..

and all this talk about oatmeal.. Well, no jokes please!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X