Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    Got it.

I knew that time in service counted, but I wasn't sure who was promoted first. The show was never really clear on that.
    Some of it was guesswork because they don't give exact dates, just years. But since Mitchell was promoted to Col first, I just inferred that he was a LtCol when Shepp was promoted.

Bleh! I am so glad I'm not in the military. Just trying to figure it all out makes me tired and scares Musey. She's hiding in the closet as we "speak."

Comment

Not even Kavan can coax her out.

Comment

Comment

"Fire in the hole! Er...I mean closet!"

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
            Got it.

I knew that time in service counted, but I wasn't sure who was promoted first. The show was never really clear on that.
            I will make "pretties" for anyone who can guess where I learned about "time in service."

Hint: it was NOT Stargate or Star Trek and I didn't ask my dad (USAF) or my BIL (Marines).

Comment

Um, you wait on the docks for the soldiers to come home...?
              sigpic
              Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
              Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

All those ranks don't scare my muse much. Mind (don't you love the alliteration? ), I have reference people living with me.
                sigpic
                Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                  Um, you wait on the docks for the soldiers to come home...?
                  A wonderful vision, but no.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikorn View Post
                    Outcast it is one of my favorite too.
                    Missed you again I see Kaprikorn!

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post
                    Looks good, but I like the later version of O'Neill

I had to work with what I had. I don't mind a bit of gray

Originally posted by kaprikorn View Post
                    Of course she would be honored.
                    Thought all my christmases had come at once!

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
                    Ok. On the question about who is the higher rank, Shepp or Mitchell.

According to what I just read on Stargate Wiki and Wikipedia, in 2005, Mitchell was already a LtCol when Shepp was promoted to the same rank, but only by a short time making Mitchell a "higher" rank than Shepp. Then Mitchell was promoted to full bird Colonel in the Ark of Truth with Shepp still a LtCol at that time. In the credits for Stargate: Continuum he is listed as LtCol in error.

IMHO, if the series had continued, Shepp would've received a promotion to full bird Colonel within the next few months once again making them of the same rank but still with Mitchell higher up the ladder due to his promotion date.
                    Lucky I made both then, wonder is Sparky wants to change it again. lol

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
                    I will make "pretties" for anyone who can guess where I learned about "time in service."

Hint: it was NOT Stargate or Star Trek and I didn't ask my dad (USAF) or my BIL (Marines).
                    Wiki? or did you ask the men in question?
                    sigpic

Comment

Found a winter coat while we were out.

sigpic

Comment

Got a hat too to keep the top of little Bay's head warm on the playground.

sigpic

Comment

Gloves too....

sigpic

Comment

The school has a zero tolerance policy... so no automatic...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                              Found a winter coat while we were out.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...2/joebeard.jpg

Glad you found a winter coat.. but stop swearing!! That is a bad word - Starts with a "S" has the word "No" in the middle ends with a "W"

My favourite winter coat is..

RDA was even impressed with my picture taking skills when he signed it.. He said "I look like a pumpkin"
                              Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                              sigpic
                              Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

He does look good in orange.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X