Team Flyboy (thunking, shipping, discussion) - Lorne/Mitchell/Sheppard/O'Neill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning, all!

WW, my daughter's not allowed to touch our computers. She has a habit of just doing things with no regard for what it actually means. As a result, she gets old computers that, if she messes them up, it's no big deal. Granted, she finally killed her last one (through no fault of her own) over a year ago, so I think she'll be a lot better this time.

Speaking of hurricanes, I remember thinking it a great adventure when my parents tucked me and my brother in the back of our Chevy Chevette to take us across town to my aunt and uncle's house in the middle of a hurricane. (I lived in Florida for a time.) I also remember looking out the back windows of my aunt's house and seeing the gray skies, wind blowing the palm trees over, etc. It wasn't a terrible hurricane because we were too far inland, but it's something I'll never forget.

Comment

Had to check to make sure today wasn't Monday!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
        Had to check to make sure today wasn't Monday!

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...x18-2262-1.jpg
        That rough of a day?

Comment

Not rough so much as pulled in many directions... usually by the end of the week things have either hit a rhythm or there is a deadline that everyone is focused on.

Upside though... tomorrow is Friday and I'm only working half the day. Even made a little post-it and set it on my monitor to make myself smile from time to time.

sigpic

Comment

Good idea about the Post-It. It's nice to have that reminder.

I hate those days pulled in separate directions at once. Lately for us, it's been no work so my husband gets sent home early. No work = no pay = stress over bills.

Comment

That can make things very stressful.

My hubby works for an Oral Surgeon (he's a nurse) and when there are no surgeries they are usually sent home. He loves getting a short work day, but too many of those in a pay period can be stressful. Thankfully they haven't had many of those in a long while. I think they are down a nurse at the moment. I'm sure hubby misses the extra time off, but there is less stress in the end when he is working full weeks.

Hope things pick up for you all ~lg.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Bay. And they will. My hubby's in HVAC. Temperatures have been in the 60s here lately, but we usually get our really deep freeze in February. Unfortunately, no one down here thinks it's a good time to replace heaters until the deep freeze hits and their heater goes out. The same happens in the heat of summer, too.

Good thing is that taxes should be here in the next couple of weeks. That'll help a lot!

Comment

Need to work on my taxes soon. Got the last of the stuff I needed in the mail yesterday. Just need to get this years program. Hate doing them, but so excited when they are done!

sigpic

Comment

Oh, I know! Those bills that are nagging at you, needing to be paid, get paid. Kids get new things they've needed and/or wanted, and stress goes out the window! For us this year, it's car repairs, daughter's birthday, and bills. But we'll be feeling a lot better when all of that is over.

Nice pics, btw. PB has been giving me fits lately. Causing my computer to completely crash, hence why no thunking. Still looking into other image hosting sites.

Comment

That is too bad it is giving you fits, ~lg. Not having any issues really with PB. I used to have a crashing thing, but it was when I had Gimp and PB open at the same time and I think it was a lack of memory issue. New computer (well, over-a-year-old new computer) is alright with both programs running at the same time. At least so far.

sigpic

Comment

That is too bad it is giving you fits, ~lg. Not having any issues really with PB. I used to have a crashing thing, but it was when I had Gimp and PB open at the same time and I think it was a lack of memory issue. New computer (well, over-a-year-old new computer) is alright with both programs running at the same time. At least so far.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...x0x-2258xu.jpg
                        Nope, not a memory thing that I know of. It's only developed inside of the last month to six weeks. But it happens a lot when PB is open, whether or not I have Gimp open. Sometimes, I log on to thunk and my entire computer goes down. Sometimes, it just locks up Chrome. Sometimes it's fine. I don't like taking the risk with my computer, so I'm looking at TinyPic right now. It'll take a lot to upload all those pics (especially my Carson pics), but it might be worth it.

Comment

Will it let you upload bulk?

Have you thought of reloading Chrome, just to see if it is a glitch in a program that the computer doesn't like? Maybe a reload of Gimp too while your at it. I don't think you have to redo the brushes and such when you reload. At least I didn't when I tried it.

sigpic

Comment

Will it let you upload bulk?

Have you thought of reloading Chrome, just to see if it is a glitch in a program that the computer doesn't like? Maybe a reload of Gimp too while your at it. I don't think you have to redo the brushes and such when you reload. At least I didn't when I tried it.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...4/0908-099.jpg
                            I had not thought about reloading Gimp or Chrome. Thing is, several others are having issues with PB locking up their browsers on the AfA thread because there's a plug-in required for PB that crashes on them.

Comment

On one of the other threads one of the posters uses flickr for her photos.

sigpic

Comment

Flikr is an option I forgot about, too. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X