No announcement yet.

Team Flyboy (thunking, shipping, discussion) - Lorne/Mitchell/Sheppard/O'Neill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope not for you Sha.. they had Koala bears.. will see if I can get the pics off the phone.. lol. to cute..
    sigpic

Comment

We don't do much for New Years here. We stay up late most nights so it is just about the better snacks and sweet things for us as well... oh, and a three day weekend.

sigpic

Comment

A camo Koala would be awesome... doubt they have that build-a-bear yet.

sigpic

Comment

I live in the 4th largest city in the US.. its a BIG Deal.. but for some reason with the time zone.. since I have moved here I always miss the ball drop in NewYork.. lol.. its drops at 11pm here and I always remember at 11:45pm *snaps missed it again* maybe this year.. we always stay home (a bit nervous with drunk drivers) so another year home
          sigpic

Comment

for you Bay a CAT in uniform!!!
            me the Longhorn!!! (hmmmm did not check on dog tags.. I think I still have a pair )

little guy got the igloo for his happy feet penguin
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brneyestx View Post
              I live in the 4th largest city in the US.. its a BIG Deal.. but for some reason with the time zone.. since I have moved here I always miss the ball drop in NewYork.. lol.. its drops at 11pm here and I always remember at 11:45pm *snaps missed it again* maybe this year.. we always stay home (a bit nervous with drunk drivers) so another year home
              Speaking of populations....
              Spoiler:
              My beta and I were discussing census counts over IM tonight. She was telling someone at work that she had a friend (me) who lives in a town with less than 4,000 people in it. Her coworker thought it hilarious that there were 5,000 people who worked in their building! FYI, so did I!

Comment

I'm sure there will be a lot of celebrating here, college town and all... just not our scene really.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                  Speaking of populations....

an aircraft carrier can hold up to 5500
                  sigpic

Comment

an aircraft carrier can hold up to 5500

What can I say? I'm from a small, backwater town!

Comment

Hiya, Sha.

Spoiler:
                      Where I'm at, New Year's tends to be pretty big. We're a rural community, though. (I was on the US Census website and stunned to learn that the population of my entire state is smaller than my beta's city! I only have around 2,800 people in my town!) So, celebration here tends to be people in their yards setting off fire crackers (depending on fire restrictions) and drinking way too much. I don't tend to go out much, unless it's a church event. But it's still a big thing for us. Kind of a "fresh start" so to speak.
                      Wow lg - that's a small town. Since I live in suburb of Adelaide the population for my 'town' is over a million - we are the fifth smallest capital city now I think (Perth overtook us a few years back 0 damn it!) Can't imagine what it's like living in a much smaller place but I think it would be nice - hard to be a 'community' with so many people

Nope not for you Sha.. they had Koala bears.. will see if I can get the pics off the phone.. lol. to cute..
                      Koala bears? Wow! Of course I can see real Koala bears whenever I like (they have a few living at the zoo and we go pretty often) ... they are cute ... apparently they spend a lot of their day sleeping and the rest eating gum leaves so really, a perfect animal to copy as a stuffed animal

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                      We don't do much for New Years here. We stay up late most nights so it is just about the better snacks and sweet things for us as well... oh, and a three day weekend.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...a1e4e53e_b.jpg
                      Snap! Nice to think that even though 17 hours and how knows how many miles separate us we'll be celebrating in pretty much exactly the same way Oh and I like your avi with the fireworks - cool!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
                        Wow lg - that's a small town. Since I live in suburb of Adelaide the population for my 'town' is over a million - we are the fifth smallest capital city now I think (Perth overtook us a few years back 0 damn it!) Can't imagine what it's like living in a much smaller place but I think it would be nice - hard to be a 'community' with so many people
                        I love living in my tiny town!

Spoiler:
                        It's one of those places that doesn't have any traffic lights, only chain restaurant is Subway, one grocery store, you can hear the church bells (form the historic mission) ringing on Christmas and Easter, neighbors know each other (and their secrets ), share cookies and recipes, I'm not afraid to let my daughter play in the road 'cause all the neighbors are watching out for her. . . .I could go on. My town has its quirks, too. But I love it.

Comment

speaking of Koala bears, the funniest thing I saw was that animated movie, The Wild ... there's a Koala character called Nigel and he has an English accent!!! Really .... I knew the Aus accent was hard to imitate but they could have just hired a real Aussie to voice the part!!! *laughs* ... okay, packing away the Aussie flag I've been flying

sigpic

Comment

I love living in my tiny town!

Spoiler:
                            It's one of those places that doesn't have any traffic lights, only chain restaurant is Subway, one grocery store, you can hear the church bells (form the historic mission) ringing on Christmas and Easter, neighbors know each other (and their secrets ), share cookies and recipes, I'm not afraid to let my daughter play in the road 'cause all the neighbors are watching out for her. . . .I could go on. My town has its quirks, too. But I love it.
                            I can see why lg!

Spoiler:
                            all those things you mention are what I don't like about living in a big city - we don't know our neighbours and I'd NEVER let my children play in the front yard unattended - or anywhere else for that matter. You couldn't just send them to the local shop or anything like that - well maybe some parents could but I'd be too worried for them ... your small town sounds wonderful

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
                              I can see why lg!

Spoiler:
                              all those things you mention are what I don't like about living in a big city - we don't know our neighbours and I'd NEVER let my children play in the front yard unattended - or anywhere else for that matter. You couldn't just send them to the local shop or anything like that - well maybe some parents could but I'd be too worried for them ... your small town sounds wonderful

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...h02m19s168.jpg
                              To be fair....
                              Spoiler:
                              I don't allow my daughter to go to the schools in my town. She actually attends school in a separate school district due to issues out here.

One day, she came home from school with an ice pack on her arm. She had fallen during recess and actually fractured a bone in her wrist. Instead of calling me, the nurse's office, with a bunch of trainee nurses that day, decided she wasn't in enough pain and sent her back to class with an ice pack.

Other than that and the occasional need to call the cops when someone in our neighborhood gets too rowdy, it's been a wonderful place to live. And the rowdiness doesn't happen all that often.

Comment

Lived in lots of small towns for most of my life. They ranged in size from 1,000 to 3,000 people. Loved knowing everyone and all the quirks that go with it... but I also like the convenience of living in a larger town. Hope to move back to a smaller town one day though.

Can't say the town I'm in now is huge though... about 87,000.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X