X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder...

sigpic

Comment

I have a question about Australians...too bad Sha isn't here to answer it.

Spoiler:
      Does anyone know what Aussies say when they're embarrassed? Like if they burp in public?

Comment

Love the backgrounds! I love blue & silver, red & gold, green & gold... Yeah, it's definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas. The stores were packed today already--made the grocery shopping take twice as long. Mind, I do adore Christmas--I just hate how materialistic everyone gets. I miss the ones like I used to have as a kid in New Hampshire--you didn't have to get some expensive thing for everyone you ever clapped eyes on, our tree was from the nursery just up the road and we walked there, cut it down and dragged it back on my sled. **sigh** I miss snowy Christmasses. Can we put in requests for the artwork?

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
        True ... the flyboys are very lucky here. Lorne has me, Shep as Brn and Cam has Bay ... and then I think Bay and I have been sharing Jack

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...Gods_00108.jpg
        Lorne has me, too! I just don't have that GIMP down yet. Mind, if I had two minutes to rub together... Finally home and settled--everyone's fed, chores done, even got in some snuggle time with Mr WW since we've barely seen each other in the past three days. We were watching a show with Jill Wagner (SGA, Travelers for those who might not know) as a co-host. Now, it's time to lurk and write. Oh, and Sha--I finally finished Impressions while I was working earlier. It was really interesting--loved the ending! And an interview with Kavan!

sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

*lurking*

Comment

Not sure on the Australian thing... hope Sha comes on later and can help out.

Yes, WW, by all means suggestions might help some with inspiration for sure. Wish lists are always a big part of Christmas!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
              Not sure on the Australian thing... hope Sha comes on later and can help out.

Yes, WW, by all means suggestions might help some with inspiration for sure. Wish lists are always a big part of Christmas!

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...5/AOT-5119.jpg
              Ooh! I do like the idea of wish lists!

Comment

Because I worry, I feel I must at least say this out loud. Please think of the suggestions/wishes like we do the writing prompts... They may inspire something that isn't perfectly what was wished for or may not inspire any art at all. I know, I'm a worry wart, but I hate to disappoint or see people stress about this.

That said... I'm kind of interested in what some of the wishes might be...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                  Because I worry, I feel I must at least say this out loud. Please think of the suggestions/wishes like we do the writing prompts... They may inspire something that isn't perfectly what was wished for or may not inspire any art at all. I know, I'm a worry wart, but I hate to disappoint or see people stress about this.

That said... I'm kind of interested in what some of the wishes might be...

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...uum-2239-1.jpg
                  Good idea! That way, one of us doesn't get a list like, "I want Lorne in a picture like *this* with *this* background and *this* type of texture." It allows us to be creative but still fulfill wish-lists.

Comment

How about a prompt/wish like, "Lorne in snow" or "Lorne + mistletoe" or "Lorne blue & silver"? Would those be general enough? You're right, there needs to be room for artistic freedom. I know I've got myself a little kernel of a story idea with one or both of the first two now.

Fingers crossed, everyone! I never did find the doc, but I re-wrote the scene. Finished tonight after announcing to the family that I was shutting myself up to write since I haven't had time to all week. That was their notice that trespassers would be dealt with accordingly...

Snurched the pic from you, Bay
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                      How about a prompt/wish like, "Lorne in snow" or "Lorne + mistletoe" or "Lorne blue & silver"? Would those be general enough? You're right, there needs to be room for artistic freedom. I know I've got myself a little kernel of a story idea with one or both of the first two now.

Fingers crossed, everyone! I never did find the doc, but I re-wrote the scene. Finished tonight after announcing to the family that I was shutting myself up to write since I haven't had time to all week. That was their notice that trespassers would be dealt with accordingly...

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...10x05-3568.jpg

Snurched the pic from you, Bay
                      Love that pic!

Did the scene come out okay, WW?

And those prompts are okay for me.

Comment

Think that is perfect prompting/wishing...

sigpic

Comment

I know what I want for Christmas.

sigpic
                          Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                            Love that pic!

Did the scene come out okay, WW?

And those prompts are okay for me.
                            That was so totally me if anyone had interrupted this time. All week has been either busy or people tromping about or knocking on the door when I did get some time, interrupting the flow.

I personally think it came out great. It wanted to be in Evan's POV, so hopefully my beta doesn't hate it, since she wanted it in Nia's POV. In the end, the story wins, and she understands that. Now to work on fixing the errors from the rest of the story so I can just fix a couple little things in the scene (I'm sure there will be some little something--my beta's meticulous and I love her for it!). Should be ready for posting by early part of the week!

And consider those wishes/prompts submitted.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                              That was so totally me if anyone had interrupted this time. All week has been either busy or people tromping about or knocking on the door when I did get some time, interrupting the flow.

I personally think it came out great. It wanted to be in Evan's POV, so hopefully my beta doesn't hate it, since she wanted it in Nia's POV. In the end, the story wins, and she understands that. Now to work on fixing the errors from the rest of the story so I can just fix a couple little things in the scene (I'm sure there will be some little something--my beta's meticulous and I love her for it!). Should be ready for posting by early part of the week!

And consider those wishes/prompts submitted.
                              Yay!

And got a document set up to add all the wish lists so I should be able to do something. Maybe not for all of them, but for some part of it.

Comment

That is an awesome Christmas list, Sue
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X