• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
    Glad you had fun at the end

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    From Joe M's blog...

I thought you guys might want to read this...

Thoughts?
    For once I agree with him. Although there are so many ways that could've gone.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
    Already read and left JM a comment

I totally agree with the decision, they haven't handled Kanaan very well but to have had Shep as the dad would have been totally out of the blue and just not the right time

So long as our ship becomes canon in the end, I dont care!!
    Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
    Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

No problem.

Even if the characters had been butchered in the process?
      The way the pulled of mckeller the no id rather have them be the same and get together in my mind than them getting together on the show and turning them into unrecognizable characters
      Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      It would totally depend on how they'd handled it, I mean if they handled it with the tact that they have McKeller I don't think I would have liked it much at all

What does make me happy is that they do seem to consider that Shep/Teyla is the ship of the show, if you know what I mean, like Jack/Sam. It's only unforseen circumstances that prevented the writers from putting them together

At least thats true, they arent blind to the romance they have created
      sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post

For once I agree with him. Although there are so many ways that could've gone.

So long as our ship becomes canon in the end, I dont care!!
        Eeeeeeeh.. i dont know about the possibilities of that happening
        sig by Cazzblade

Comment

From Joe M's blog...

I thought you guys might want to read this...

Thoughts?
          Has a good side and a bad one...
          Sure making John the father might have been out of the blue and a little weird that just no one not even the viewers would have known there was a relationshiop.. yet if they were going to go with this whole another Athosian then they could have damn well made an effort or they could have just gone and done something mystical with it all becuase frankly what they did was just a pathetic way out.. and in light basically feels like damn one night stand which I'm actually wondering if that isn't what happened and they just remained dear friends and to raise their child..since hell I sure as heck don't see a relationship.. if they know they build the relationship between JT with attraction.. then I just feel isn't another chicken action of them since they failed to go forward.. if they had done that John could have very well been the father since there would be seen something between them...but it's their stupid choices and always chicken out that lead them right to another most stupid cop out which I feel just led to even more stupid things.. who is to believe there is a relationship when there just isn't anything to be either heard of or seen.. they can sit there and explain all they want..the ending of it all is that it's their own fault..they didn't chose to go forward..they chickened out which lead them to another stupid thing down the line that is actually even more pathetic then JT having a secret relationship.. I'm so sick and tired of them trying to justify themselves..go with it..they see the attraction..they know they have a truly strong bond,, they know and had since the beginning the deal of Teyla was going to be John's loveintrest.. roll with it.. take the bull by the horn and stick with it.. don't start to try and justify yourself after you have already pulled crap out over and over because they chickened out.. if they can't even make the damn decision they chose to go with Teyla and her pregnancy,,and we have clearly seen they can't even handle that right..so I say then go with the original plan..toss out the waste of space and move JT forward since they all know it's there anyway.. stop chicken out..and actually do something or I'm willing to actually let them have a lesson by writers who actually have some damn GUTS!
          Last edited by NinaM; 08 December 2008, 05:20 PM.
          sigpic
          Sigs by Scifan

Comment

The way the pulled of mckeller the no id rather have them be the same and get together in my mind than them getting together on the show and turning them into unrecognizable characters
            Le sigh........I don't think they're completely unrecognizable....but that's not for here.

Suffice it to say, I'm glad TPTB actually had considered all that before writing in RL's pregnancy.

But it's true, TPTB aren't that great at romance so maybe it's better off this way.

At least thats true, they arent blind to the romance they have created
            Vindication!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
              Sure making John the father might have been out of the blue and a little weird that just no one not even the viewers would have known there was a relationshiop.. yet if they were going to go with this whole another Athosian then they could have damn well made an effort or they could have just gone and done something mystical with it all becuase frankly what they did was just a pathetic way out.. and in light basically feels like damn one night stand which I'm actually wondering if that isn't what happened and they just remained dear friends and to raise their child..since hell I sure as heck don't see a relationship.. if they know they build the relationship between JT with attraction.. then I just feel isn't anothing chicken action of them since they failed to go forward.. if they had done that John could have very well been the father since there would be seen something between them...but it's their stupid choices and always chicken out that lead them right to another most stupid cop out which I feel just led to even more stupid things.. who is to believe there is a relationship when there just isn't anything to be either heard of or seen.. they can sit there and explain all they want..the ending of it all is that it's their own fault..they didn't chose to go forward..they ckickened out which lead them to another stupid thing down the line that is actually even more pathetic then JT having a secret relationship.. I'm so sick and tired of them trying to justify themselves..go with it..they see the attraction..they know they have a truly strong bond,, they know and had since the beginning the deal of Teyla was going to be John's loveintrest.. roll with it.. take the bull by the horn and stick with it.. don't start to try and justify yourself after you have already pulled crap out over and over because they chickened out.. if they can't even make the damn decision they chose to go with Teyla and her pregnancy,,and we have clearly seen they can't even handle that right..so I say then go with the original plan..toss out the waste of space and move JT forward since they all know it's there anyway.. stop ckicken out..and actually do something or I'm willing to actually let them have a lesson by writers who actually have some damn GUTS!
              Dang hun id green ya but it wont let me sooooo.... mental green
              sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Le sigh........I don't think they're completely unrecognizable....but that's not for here.

Suffice it to say, I'm glad TPTB actually had considered all that before writing in RL's pregnancy.

But it's true, TPTB aren't that great at romance so maybe it's better off this way.

Vindication!
                Lets agree to disagree
                sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Dang hun id green ya but it wont let me sooooo.... mental green
                  Thanks *grabs the mental green*
                  sigpic
                  Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Eeeeeeeh.. i dont know about the possibilities of that happening
                    I know *cries*

Sure making John the father might have been out of the blue and a little weird that just no one not even the viewers would have known there was a relationshiop.. yet if they were going to go with this whole another Athosian then they could have damn well made an effort or they could have just gone and done something mystical with it all becuase frankly what they did was just a pathetic way out.. and in light basically feels like damn one night stand which I'm actually wondering if that isn't what happened and they just remained dear friends and to raise their child..since hell I sure as heck don't see a relationship.. if they know they build the relationship between JT with attraction.. then I just feel isn't another chicken action of them since they failed to go forward.. if they had done that John could have very well been the father since there would be seen something between them...but it's their stupid choices and always chicken out that lead them right to another most stupid cop out which I feel just led to even more stupid things.. who is to believe there is a relationship when there just isn't anything to be either heard of or seen.. they can sit there and explain all they want..the ending of it all is that it's their own fault..they didn't chose to go forward..they chickened out which lead them to another stupid thing down the line that is actually even more pathetic then JT having a secret relationship.. I'm so sick and tired of them trying to justify themselves..go with it..they see the attraction..they know they have a truly strong bond,, they know and had since the beginning the deal of Teyla was going to be John's loveintrest.. roll with it.. take the bull by the horn and stick with it.. don't start to try and justify yourself after you have already pulled crap out over and over because they chickened out.. if they can't even make the damn decision they chose to go with Teyla and her pregnancy,,and we have clearly seen they can't even handle that right..so I say then go with the original plan..toss out the waste of space and move JT forward since they all know it's there anyway.. stop ckicken out..and actually do something or I'm willing to actually let them have a lesson by writers who actually have some damn GUTS!
                    chicken!!!

Comment

Sure making John the father might have been out of the blue and a little weird that just no one not even the viewers would have known there was a relationshiop.. yet if they were going to go with this whole another Athosian then they could have damn well made an effort or they could have just gone and done something mystical with it all becuase frankly what they did was just a pathetic way out.. and in light basically feels like damn one night stand which I'm actually wondering if that isn't what happened and they just remained dear friends and to raise their child..since hell I sure as heck don't see a relationship..*snipped for length*
                      In TPTB's defense, they didn't exactly get a lot of warning about RL's pregnancy. What it seems like JM is trying to say is that for all intents and purposes John and teyla were the "great love" of SGA. It sure seemed like it given how they were building them up from respectful colleagues to deep friends to what certainly seemed like a whole lot more given that John was getting a lot closer emotionally to Teyla than we'd even seen him with most other people. John had been built up as this emotional recluse and to suddenly make him Teyla's closet lover would have resulted in no development for his character at all and would have portrayed Teyla as a woman who, and I don't know how to say this because I don't mean easy or cheap, seemingly accepted the physicality of a relationship with John without the necessary emotional attachment.

And I say this because at the point where it became necessary for a baby daddy to be announced, John still had not reached the point where he had matured enough emotionally to completely give in to his feelings for Teyla; note the awkwardness and surprise he first shows when Teyla hugs him. He gives in to her, yes, but his first instinct is one of discomfort and unease.

TPTB were thrown a curveball with this pregnancy and I thin they handled it as best as they knew how. Which, admittedly, may not have been very well, but given TPTB past forays into romance I'm not surprised.

Was it a cop out, did TPTB chicken out of a John/Teyla relationship? I don't think so. I think they just didn't know how else to go with it in such a way that didn't make fools out of the characters.
                      sigpic

Comment

In TPTB's defense, they didn't exactly get a lot of warning about RL's pregnancy. What it seems like JM is trying to say is that for all intents and purposes John and teyla were the "great love" of SGA. It sure seemed like it given how they were building them up from respectful colleagues to deep friends to what certainly seemed like a whole lot more given that John was getting a lot closer emotionally to Teyla than we'd even seen him with most other people. John had been built up as this emotional recluse and to suddenly make him Teyla's closet lover would have resulted in no development for his character at all and would have portrayed Teyla as a woman who, and I don't know how to say this because I don't mean easy or cheap, seemingly accepted the physicality of a relationship with John without the necessary emotional attachment.

And I say this because at the point where it became necessary for a baby daddy to be announced, John still had not reached the point where he had matured enough emotionally to completely give in to his feelings for Teyla; note the awkwardness and surprise he first shows when Teyla hugs him. He gives in to her, yes, but his first instinct is one of discomfort and unease.

TPTB were thrown a curveball with this pregnancy and I thin they handled it as best as they knew how. Which, admittedly, may not have been very well, but given TPTB past forays into romance I'm not surprised.

Was it a cop out, did TPTB chicken out of a John/Teyla relationship? I don't think so. I think they just didn't know how else to go with it in such a way that didn't make fools out of the characters.
                        I'll agree with you on the John front...he's still dealing with issues, as shown in Reminants.

But, I do think Teyla's characters suffered because of their decision. A secret love affair with some Athosian? How did that show trust to John (or anyone on Atlantis for that matter)? She is willing to live with them, but not to reveal her "true" self to them? Ronon somehow knew (same with Repli!Weir) about her attraction to Kanaan, but not John?

I think they did chicken out. Look at Search and Rescue...what was the point of the first scene? To have Kanaan move in during the second episode? Um, WTC?

They could have worked around RL's pregnancy--I don't care if they hid her behind boxes or a desk. If they wanted to move JT forward, they could have...I doubt if JS was suddenly pregnant during the early shooting of season 5, that they would have shelved McKeller.

Obviously, there were writers who didn't like the idea of JT, so yeah, I think those who did support it were chicken to stand up to their peers if they felt passionately about it.
                        sigpic
                        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                          I'll agree with you on the John front...he's still dealing with issues, as shown in Reminants.

But, I do think Teyla's characters suffered because of their decision. A secret love affair with some Athosian? How did that show trust to John (or anyone on Atlantis for that matter)? She is willing to live with them, but not to reveal her "true" self to them? Ronon somehow knew (same with Repli!Weir) about her attraction to Kanaan, but not John?

I think they did chicken out. Look at Search and Rescue...what was the point of the first scene? To have Kanaan move in during the second episode? Um, WTC?

They could have worked around RL's pregnancy--I don't care if they hid her behind boxes or a desk. If they wanted to move JT forward, they could have...I doubt if JS was suddenly pregnant during the early shooting of season 5, that they would have shelved McKeller.

Obviously, there were writers who didn't like the idea of JT, so yeah, I think those who did support it were chicken to stand up to their peers if they felt passionately about it.
                          Have i told ya how much i adore you lately and yes you are right, if they had really wanted to make it work they would have worked things out and made it happen.
                          sig by Cazzblade

Comment

They could've
                            Spoiler:
                            put in a flashback with J and T drunk and acidently doing it. Totaly would've worked!! And been convencing!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                              They could've
                              Spoiler:
                              put in a flashback with J and T drunk and acidently doing it. Totaly would've worked!! And been convencing!!
                              Yes they could have , throw that ruse wine or how ever ya spell it into the mix
                              sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Yes they could have , throw that ruse wine or how ever ya spell it into the mix
                                Oh yeah!!! Alcohol does wonders to the human heart. Not that I know of course...............
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm underage

Somebody drop that to JM!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X