John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.stargatenovels.com

Thats the official site for the novels. There are some rules, and I think that they might only be SG-1 right now.

However, there is something neat. THEY ARE FANFICTION! Like, if you have an idea, and it's good enough, it could actually become a for-real book! Neat, huh?

However, there can't really be any shippy moments, as the main rule is that the Stargate universe be left no different than it was before.

Any season and such, no rules about that. Y'all should check it out, its real neat.

And Em, if you didn't like the novel you read, you should try a different one. Different author, different style, different story.

O.O Almost forgot. For now, the books are only availible in the UK. Sorry to all us Americans, but, no novels for us, unless some one across the pond wants to open a bit of a business by shipping them here!

Okies, well, just thought I would let y'all know about that site.

Comment

wow!! i didn't know if was basically fanfiction! coolies

if they were available in the US, i'd read more of them

thanks for the link!!!

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
        wow!! i didn't know if was basically fanfiction! coolies

if they were available in the US, i'd read more of them

thanks for the link!!!
        No prob. I have plans to submit a story, but, I need a bunnie.

Comment

for atlantis or SG1?? that's cool!! if i thought i could actually write something that long and i had time to do it and could actually write good enough and could come up with a story....

well, ok, basically chances are slim that i could ever write a novel

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
            You get used to the scatter-brained nature of fans. It's a wonderful, yet not understood thing to be a shipper, as we are sorrily misrepresented by a few individuals.

Wear your shipper colors proud, even if your colors are blank! Just enjoy the show, and RED to anyone who picks on another in THIS thread.

*Smiles serenly*

Thats in no way a threat. Rather, it's a promise.

Also, feel free to join other ships. I hate the people who say you can only support one ship, rather than many. Mine are Sheyla, McWeir, McShep, McBeck, Sam/Jack, Sam/Daniel, and Dan/Jan. The first two are my pets, as you can see by the banners I made.

So, no matter what happens, I'm fit to be happy! Also, aren't Shep and Teyla so 'Old married couple' with eachother? It's like they know what the other is thinking and how to respond to it... it's terribly sappy.

But, also quite endearing!
            I don't think they're exactly 'old couple' but I see where you get the idea. I think it's a bit more of a culture/personality clash. Both are used to being in charge, so Teyla isn't used to other people telling her what to do, especially when it comes to somthing semi-personal like going to a shrink.

Thanks to -Jules- for the sig pic!

"It hops, it hops! It hops jolly high!" The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

Comment

Don't worry about it! I'm new too!

Thanks to -Jules- for the sig pic!

"It hops, it hops! It hops jolly high!" The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
                No prob. I have plans to submit a story, but, I need a bunnie.
                A quick look through the SG-1 epsiode lists:

- 1x10 - The Torment of Tantulus
                What else is there on Tantalus?

- 2x07 - Message in a Bottle
                What happened to the creatures?

- 2x20 - Show and Tell
                More on the Re'tu?

- 3x07 - Deadman Switch
                What happened to the Bounty Hunter?

- 3x09 - Rules of Engagement
                Other planets like this?

- 3x14 - Foothold
                (Need I say anything?)

- 3x21 - Crystal Skull
                What about Daniel's grandfather?

- 4x01 - Small Victories
                Thor said the Replicators could modify the Asguard ships in a way not yet understood to them. Where did the Replicators get this knowledge?

- 4x02 - The Other Side
                Will the "Breeders" make contact with Earth?

- 4x09 - Scorched Earth
                More on the Gadmeer?

- 5x01 - Enemies
                Who was in the other spaceship? Was it the Replicators or someone else?

- 5x09 - Between Two Fires
                What happened to the Tollan?

- 5x10 - 2001
                What happened to the Ashen?

- 5x13 - Proving Ground
                Hammond was pushing for an offworld training site.

- 6x22 - Full Circle
                Skaara's ascended like the rest of the planet. What are they doing?

- 7x08 - Space Race
                How about another trip around the Loop of Kon Garat?

- 7x09 - Avenger 2.0
                What else has Felger been working on?

- 7x13 - Grace
                Who was the species in the space ship?

- 8x14 - Full Alert
                What's happened to Kinsley? Where's he now?

- 8x17 - Reckoning, Part 2 and 8x18 - Threads
                What's the fate of the Replicators?

OK, that's a quick glance at the episode listings. A more indepth analysis may net you a few more.
                This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

^there's also completely original stories and atlantis though as far as SG1 goes, i admit the re'tu and the aliens from grace would both be fun to see again and possibly found out more about! also those weird aliens in prometheus unbound, though that's a recent thing so methinks it'll come back again

but if you're taking suggestions, whether it's SG1 or atlantis, i suggest you put BAAL and MAJOR DAVIS in your story

(ok, just kiddin )

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                    ^there's also completely original stories
                    Of course. I have two ideas (which intertwine).

and atlantis
                    I didn't even look at the Atlantis episode list. I could probably come up with two at the least looking at the Atlantis episode list.
                    This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Does anything happen to have any insight(spoilers) about what the writers are going to do here? I hope it is not so much like Sam and Jack...who I love, but come on already!
                      sigpic

Comment

well, unfortunately there's about nothing... we just kinda resort to speculating in our own little crazy shipper world

i do hope that they don't pull another sam/jack, at least in the sense of drawing it out sloooooooooooowly in little tiny bits over like 5 or 6 years then "bam!" shipper overload!! i mean, i loooooved threads, but still... i just hope that doesn't happen to ANY ships on atlantis....

Comment

Hi everybody I am just poping in here to see how you guys are doing. I want to become a sheppard/teyla shipper too because I think these 2 got feelings for each other. I noticed there is some chemistry between sheppard and teyla and this isn't the friendship chemistry I am talking about. I have visited this thread a couple of times and well I want to become a John/Teyla shipper. I am allready a Sam and Jack shipper
                          Last edited by Lord Zedd; 08 April 2005, 03:17 AM.
                          Lord Zedd

Comment

heya! welcome to the club!

and i hope no one takes this wrong way and is NOT meant to single you out!! but as we've gotten several new folks to the thread in the last couple days, i think it's about time i give my general sheyla-thread-newbie-message

as a regular here in this thread (and i know the other folks are on my six with this one ), i like request of everyone that there be no negative talking any other ships in here, including (and especially, really) no saying sheyla is better than shep/weir... we want to keep the air happy and that always ends up being a touchy subject... we're open to and we embrace all shippers here and i know shep/weir shippers lurk here *waves to lurkers!* (and i myself happen to ship readily for sheyla but like shep/weir also... )

thanks everyone!!!

Comment

as a regular here in this thread (and i know the other folks are on my six with this one ), i like request of everyone that there be no negative talking any other ships in here, including (and especially, really) no saying sheyla is better than shep/weir... we want to keep the air happy and that always ends up being a touchy subject... we're open to and we embrace all shippers here and i know shep/weir shippers lurk here *waves to lurkers!* (and i myself happen to ship readily for sheyla but like shep/weir also... )
                              emily, i totally understand your point and the last thing I want to do is offend someone. I personally don't think one ship is better than another and I don't really believe in "OTP". I think everyone should be free to like what they like.

That being said, I don't think it's fair to censor what we say as long as we are not talking about anyone personally. There is a difference between dissing a "ship" and dissing a "shipper". And, yes, everyone is welcome here and is free to read whatever they want, but this is the Sheppard/Teyla Ship Discussion Thread, so lurkers and posters should be prepared to read about people embracing that ship, not others.

I personally don't like Shep/Weir and don't post in that thread. Honestly, I do lurk in there because I'm interested in seeing other people's viewpoint. What sense would it make for me to go in there and get offended because someone may not like the same "ship" I do?

I will not go out of my way to insult a ship for the sake of insulting it. I will not wish death upon a character or call that character names because they may seem to get in the way of a "ship" that I like. However, if a comparison between two ships comes up as a way of discussion, we should have the freedom to speak on it (without getting nasty or offensive toward a character).

I know I'm a relatively new poster to GateWorld (although, not to message boards in general), but I recognize and understand forum decorum. I can promise that I will never knowingly offend or insult another person because I may disagree with what they prefer, believe, etc.

I hope that all makes sense and doesn't offend anyone, because I have really enjoyed reading all 93 pages of this thread and would love to continue reading and posting.
                              Earth...steaks. There's a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by skye1974
                                emily, i totally understand your point and the last thing I want to do is offend someone. I personally don't think one ship is better than another and I don't really believe in "OTP". I think everyone should be free to like what they like.

That being said, I don't think it's fair to censor what we say as long as we are not talking about anyone personally. There is a difference between dissing a "ship" and dissing a "shipper". And, yes, everyone is welcome here and is free to read whatever they want, but this is the Sheppard/Teyla Ship Discussion Thread, so lurkers and posters should be prepared to read about people embracing that ship, not others.

I personally don't like Shep/Weir and don't post in that thread. Honestly, I do lurk in there because I'm interested in seeing other people's viewpoint. What sense would it make for me to go in there and get offended because someone may not like the same "ship" I do?

I will not go out of my way to insult a ship for the sake of insulting it. I will not wish death upon a character or call that character names because they may seem to get in the way of a "ship" that I like. However, if a comparison between two ships comes up as a way of discussion, we should have the freedom to speak on it (without getting nasty or offensive toward a character).

I know I'm a relatively new poster to GateWorld (although, not to message boards in general), but I recognize and understand forum decorum. I can promise that I will never knowingly offend or insult another person because I may disagree with what they prefer, believe, etc.

I hope that all makes sense and doesn't offend anyone, because I have really enjoyed reading all 93 pages of this thread and would love to continue reading and posting.

LOL... ok, obviously i wasn't quite clear enough, cuz this is exactly what i meant! LOL *smacks forehead!* ok, i'll go edit to make it clearer!! LOL

sorry, didn't wanna sound like a sensor... but it just really irritates me when every new person comes in and says "i'd like to join this thread. i don't see shep/weir at all and i think they're terrible together" because not only is it unnecessary, but it's fairly irrelevant since we really don't mind people from any ship!

plus (and mainly) if everyone starts saying it, it starts to sound condescending in the sense that it sounds like "well, as shep/weir is BAD, i have to make sure that at every opportunity i point out to people that i DON'T like that ship, just so they don't think i'm bad in some way"... which DEFINATELY isn't the case!!!

so that's basically what i meant

Comment

Working...
                                X