John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Yes well now that Rachel has had her baby hopefully she'll be in S5 alot more to make up for the lack there of in S4!
    I agree and there is always a possibility for another explanation
    Spoiler:
    for the baby storyline.
    I saw in other part that they think perhaps it's not Michael who kill her this only supposition. It's perhaps experience which doesn't work. He doesn't seem to want to kill her in Kindred 1. Officially it seems to me that we know a little but I son't und'erstand all perhaps LOL
    sigpic
    Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
      I agree and there is always a possibility for another explanation
      Spoiler:
      for the baby storyline.
      I saw in other part that they think perhaps it's not Michael who kill her this only supposition. It's perhaps experience which doesn't work. He doesn't seem to want to kill her in Kindred 1. Officially it seems to me that we know a little but I son't und'erstand all perhaps LOL
      Do you mean like
      Spoiler:
      he experiments on her and something goes wrong.....The way i see it is that Michael is obsessed with Teyla in a kinda sick way and i really don't see him killing her,well not deliberately anyway!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
        My thoughts on season 4.......
        Spoiler:
        I feel that there's something missing from it, if that makes any sense. There was a kind of, I dunno how better to say it, but there was a different feel/atmosphere in S4 than in the first 3 seasons.

The main thing that bugged, there weren't as many team eps and those usually tend to be the best ones (and they get higher ratings). Teyla's so called 'story arc' wasn't really much of one, to be honest. As for the actual plot, there definetly was an arc, but in terms of her character, I couldn't really see it, mostly cuz Rachel had all of 10 seconds of screen time as the season wore on. I know that she was pregnant, but they could've had her in for just a few minutes in each ep, like how they did it in Midway. That was a nice way to have her in for just a few minutes so you don't completely loose the character.

I thought that this was gonna be THE SEASON of all seasons, but it turned out not so good as I would have hoped. Yeah, I did like it overall, but it didn''t feel like the SGA I knew from seasons 1-3. What with all the changes that went on, I think we lost alot of what made SGA the show that it is. If you ask me, tptb are making too many changes too fast. It started with Carson, then Elizabeth, then Teyla, and now Carter's gone (for Woolsey??? ugghhh...). it's so much that the perfect balance between intense main plotline eps and single storyline eps has been tipped more towards the intense side.

I did love the season, but there was stuff missing that shouldn't have been missing. I just wish that some of this can get cleared up by season 5, cuz what worries me is that people won't like it anymore, and the scifi channel might try and cancel it. But from what I've heard (JM's blog), season 5 is gonna have more of that team feel, and less of the super intense eps.

Sorry 'bout the rant, I couldn't help myself!
        Well said JT4L! Perfectly sums things up, its like 'I loved it but...'

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
          My thoughts on season 4.......
          Spoiler:
          I feel that there's something missing from it, if that makes any sense. There was a kind of, I dunno how better to say it, but there was a different feel/atmosphere in S4 than in the first 3 seasons.

The main thing that bugged, there weren't as many team eps and those usually tend to be the best ones (and they get higher ratings). Teyla's so called 'story arc' wasn't really much of one, to be honest. As for the actual plot, there definetly was an arc, but in terms of her character, I couldn't really see it, mostly cuz Rachel had all of 10 seconds of screen time as the season wore on. I know that she was pregnant, but they could've had her in for just a few minutes in each ep, like how they did it in Midway. That was a nice way to have her in for just a few minutes so you don't completely loose the character.

I thought that this was gonna be THE SEASON of all seasons, but it turned out not so good as I would have hoped. Yeah, I did like it overall, but it didn''t feel like the SGA I knew from seasons 1-3. What with all the changes that went on, I think we lost alot of what made SGA the show that it is. If you ask me, tptb are making too many changes too fast. It started with Carson, then Elizabeth, then Teyla, and now Carter's gone (for Woolsey??? ugghhh...). it's so much that the perfect balance between intense main plotline eps and single storyline eps has been tipped more towards the intense side.

I did love the season, but there was stuff missing that shouldn't have been missing. I just wish that some of this can get cleared up by season 5, cuz what worries me is that people won't like it anymore, and the scifi channel might try and cancel it. But from what I've heard (JM's blog), season 5 is gonna have more of that team feel, and less of the super intense eps.

Sorry 'bout the rant, I couldn't help myself!
          Spoiler:
          Yeah to me the main problem and this is why the season seem different is the lake of team ep, besides joe mallozi (sp?) had said it will be a great season for character interactions. Team ep are the main rason for the show but this is only my opinion LOL
          sigpic
          Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Yeah,that's been how i felt abotu this season too
            Spoiler:
            There's just something missing,probably mainly Teyla...That's maybe partly why Teyla's arc didn't work like it was supposed to because she wasn't there much in the second half and well it's hard to make a story arc work when the focus of the arc isn't even on screen for the most part....

I also agree that i hope we get more team eps again.i miss those and as much as i like Rodney i hope we don't get as much of him next season.....It's been like Rodney overload this season!!!
            Yeah, it's the team eps I miss the most I think

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
            Yeah well, you watch it! I'm sure you'll want to do the same then...
            You betcha!

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
            Well said JT4L! Perfectly sums things up, its like 'I loved it but...'

Thanks Cazz!
            --Kate

Comment

Do you mean like
              Spoiler:
              he experiments on her and something goes wrong.....The way i see it is that Michael is obsessed with Teyla in a kinda sick way and i really don't see him killing her,well not deliberately anyway!!
              Spoiler:
              Yeah to me he seems to be interested in her but not only to kill her besides in K1 he speaks of connection with her something like that
              sigpic
              Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                Yes I agree that Teyla's arc was my least favourite part of the season.. though Rachels pregnancy spurned that one and it probably didnt turn out as well as the ptb expected..maybe the idea seemed much better on paper to them but it was a huge mistake throwing in Kanaan and having Teyla come up with this secret relationship and lover out of the blue..I couldnt connect to any of it and look forward to the whole thing wrapping up.. but it still did give us some lovely JT moments... the hugs, the balcony scene and that beautiful moment in Quarantine where she takes his hand and lays it on her stomach.

Rodney as usual got the lions share of the angst and meaty stuff... he seems to be the only one allowed to express those feelings.. thats a real shame for me.. they should all be allowed to express themselves and to show how the events of the season have effected them. To me John has been through the most as he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.. he feels responsible for all of them and I think because of this the most guilty and holds the heaviest burden. Unfortunately he isnt allowed to share his burden with anyone and keeps all those feelings bottled up like a good little soldier.

JF thankfully shows a lot in his expresions and in his eyes so he conveys to us a lot of how he is feeling but it would be nice if he could verbalise it a little bit as well from time to time.. and I think Teyla was the best in getting him to open up.. I've missed those kind of scenes between them this season and there has been a bit more tension because of this pregnancy... again that is a shame.. I really was hoping to see a little more openess between them... but I think we have seen a lot of simmering feelings which hopefully will be expressed in season 5.
                Couldn't agree with you more...

Rodney seems to be the angst character...he gets all the good stuff...John is the action hero that take it like a soldier and bottles it up inside... I'm beginning to wonder how much more can this guy take before he has a breakdown.. that again I'm sure that would never happen *lol*
                I'm glad that alteast JF conveys his emotions well with facial expressions and his expressions in his eyes... or that when it says something ..even if it's not confessing how he feels..just that you hear just how set his mind is at doing what needs to be done...and he doesn't wanna think worst case scenario when it comes to Teyla as we got to know when he answered Rodney...

There have been great moments... the team feeling was off this year to some degree which I think was with that the bulked up several of epsiodes in a row with either solo or twosome episodes... and then the lack of Teyla in several of the epis... hopefully it will be better in that aspect next season...
                sigpic
                Sigs by Scifan

Comment

I can't say I found seasons 1-3 any better than season 4. Season four was the best for me overall but just different.. if I didnt include Teyla's pregnancy I would say that overall I preferred season 4 to the other seasons... and I still feel that we got some of the best JT moments in season 4.

I think things have changed quite a lot over the seasons but I find the bond between the team much stronger than the previous seasons.. they are much closer and more of a family while in the earlier seasons they were more like colleagues. Things have been harder for all of them this season and it has been darker but more realistic IMO.. I really like the dynamic that we have at the moment and I will really miss Carter as she has been great as leader.
                  I'm not too keen on Woolsey but I think he will introduce some conflict into the mix which is good and I would like to see an angry John for a change.
                  I wonder how Woolsey will treat Teyla .. will he consider her an outsider, or alien and how will that go down with John. There have been a lack of team moments in season four but again I think a lot was down to Rachel not being around and being pregnant and that will change in season 5.. but they are all much closer and I think we will really see more of that next season as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                    I can't say I found seasons 1-3 any better than season 4. Season four was the best for me overall but just different.. if I didnt include Teyla's pregnancy I would say that overall I preferred season 4 to the other seasons... and I still feel that we got some of the best JT moments in season 4.

I think things have changed quite a lot over the seasons but I find the bond between the team much stronger than the previous seasons.. they are much closer and more of a family while in the earlier seasons they were more like colleagues. Things have been harder for all of them this season and it has been darker but more realistic IMO.. I really like the dynamic that we have at the moment and I will really miss Carter as she has been great as leader.
                    I'm not too keen on Woolsey but I think he will introduce some conflict into the mix which is good and I would like to see an angry John for a change.
                    I wonder how Woolsey will treat Teyla .. will he consider her an outsider, or alien and how will that go down with John. There have been a lack of team moments in season four but again I think a lot was down to Rachel not being around and being pregnant and that will change in season 5.. but they are all much closer and I think we will really see more of that next season as well.
                    *lol* Somehow I can see John rolling his eyes alot in next season when it comes to Woosley...
                    I may not be jumping for joy because of him joining,,I rather would have kept Sam since I felt she has been the best leader of Atlantis..and has truly let John shine in his part of the military...I felt they were really colleagues,,listen to eachother..she talks it out with him...I haven't seen her rail road him as I've felt he has been in the past...
                    I think Woosley might create some conflict...I mean we can all remember how well he got on with John when they met the first time...and he wasn't to happy with him in The Seer either *lol* and I for one wouldn't mind seeing John lose his temper at some point ... and as you say Blue...how might he react to Teyla...or Ronon for that matter... and how will that go down with John...I mean we saw already when Bates was giving Teyla a hard time and John's reaction then...and at that time they had recently met..think now..spent 4 years together..closer than ever ,,,I'm wondering how his reaction would be today... I don't think I would have wanted being on the recieving end of John's anger
                    sigpic
                    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Ay, I"m not with you on this one, Blue. Main reason being that this is the season where the team was most segregated physically, and I hate that! I want the team together, not apart.

JT moments..ROCKED this season..the irony of it all!

There was something missing in John for me this season and I"m not sure if it was the presence of Carter that did this for me...again, I have to think about that one.

Rodney...he was my star this season and for me, since he's not my favorite character...out of all four of the team he's my least favorite, that's not a good sign!

LOL

btw, I opened a thread in the Season 4 thread titled In Depth Review of Season 4...I browse the forum and didn't find anything that was like what I opened.

So, I think you guys should go and leave your awesome insights in there as well, but just remember keep it shippy free!!

That's what this here is about!

Thanks guys! I"m off to go shopping and seeing a movie...woohoo!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone i just wanted to post a JT Wallie i made
                        Spoiler:

Comment

*breathes* Once again...GORGEOUS!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Great one
                            sigpic
                            Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Spoiler:

gorgeous!!!!!
                              thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Awesome Wraithlord!!
                                *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Working...
                                X