John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theicero View Post
    Hey guys. I'm so NEW -- so please be gentle. From what I've read thus far, you guys are an intelligent bunch, which is why I decided to go ahead and um "register." I am a John/Teyla fan myself and am glad to have come across this site... this thread. I wanted my post in this thread to be my first.

I've also checked out the J/T picture thread which is just awesome.

Spoiler:

I agree that though J/T didn't have much screen time in this episode, what was shared between them is significant in terms of the trust they have for each others judgement. I like their tag team leadership style in situations like these. Teyla's not even a military officer, but when John puts her in charge even the military falls in line under her judgement, which I find profound. I also agree that of any persons who can find light humor in embarking upon such a risky mission, it would be John & Teyla. They play off of each other like a perfect fit. The writers have maintained my interest in these two even with the little screen time J/T were given.
    WELCOME TO THE THREAD, THEICERO!!!
    You'll have a lot of fun here. Although I did think the crazy side of us bled through bit more than the intelligent one. . .
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by DANIquinn View Post
      Okay, I very rarely delurk in actual discussion thread, but after watching Lifeline, I felt the need to pop my head in and say hello.

Spoiler:
      I loved how Sheppard left Teyla behind and in charge. If nothing else, it emphasizes his complete trust in her and respect for her abilities as another leader. And he understands her strengths as such a leader. In Adrift, Sheppard left Teyla to talk to Weir when she first awoke, because he knew Teyla would be compassionate and understanding. And he left her behind in Lifeline, not only because she could do what needed to be done, but also because he knew she wouldn't allow others to give up hope. As limited as their interactions were in the two episodes, they were really significant in terms of their understanding of each other. I loved it. Besides, I loved the "no wild parties" line. ^_^
      Hey guys. I'm so NEW -- so please be gentle. From what I've read thus far, you guys are an intelligent bunch, which is why I decided to go ahead and um "register." I am a John/Teyla fan myself and am glad to have come across this site... this thread. I wanted my post in this thread to be my first.

I've also checked out the J/T picture thread which is just awesome.

Spoiler:

I agree that though J/T didn't have much screen time in this episode, what was shared between them is significant in terms of the trust they have for each others judgement. I like their tag team leadership style in situations like these. Teyla's not even a military officer, but when John puts her in charge even the military falls in line under her judgement, which I find profound. I also agree that of any persons who can find light humor in embarking upon such a risky mission, it would be John & Teyla. They play off of each other like a perfect fit. The writers have maintained my interest in these two even with the little screen time J/T were given.
      Originally posted by NinaM View Post
      Welcome DANIquinn

Glad to see you delurk... join in and have fun...we are a friendly bunch and we are always intrested in listening to our fellow J/T fans...

Welcome Theicero

Glad to see another J/T fan... you are in the right place
      It's always great to see new J/T fans joining... and hear their thoughts on our lovely couple... so join and and have a great time with us...

WOOOHOOOOOO!! WELCOME TO THE BOTH OF YOU!!

DUDE! (I stole that from MrsB!) I missed the discussion for Lifeline while all of you viewing it live!! I need more than one computer in my house!! I am so happy to see the both you in here! It is good to see you delurd DANIquinn!

Also, Crescere-
      Spoiler:
      my DVR did the same thing as your Tivo. I did not get the promo for nextweek either. According to what my DVR said. FG ran over a little than an hour. That is why I did not get the promo. It cut off where Sheppard and Carter were discussing the moons. And, where Sheppard says something to the effect if She is still out there I will find her.Carter says, I know you will. Then, the DVR cut off!! That so bites!! I saw the promo when since I was also watching it LIVE! But, the second showing of SGA, Scifi did not show the promo for next week like they did last week. They went directly into Dr. Who again!!
      1-800-Iluv-JandT
      sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

My next little Gateworld project is to get me an avatar and sig. You guys have really cool ones. I'm inspired to come up with something.

...hi Seldear.
        Well, like LoveConquers said, you can't have a custom avatar until you reach 2,000 posts, but you can have any one of the canned ones gateworld gives you to start off with. Also, if you're computer-artistically challenged like me, you can look throught the galleria for a sig you like or ask someboody to make you one. Lots of talented people in here!!
        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post

WOOOHOOOOOO!! WELCOME TO THE BOTH OF YOU!!

DUDE! (I stole that from MrsB!) I missed the discussion for Lifeline while all of you viewing it live!! I need more than one computer in my house!! I am so happy to see the both you in here! It is good to see you delurd DANIquinn!

Also, Crescere-
          Spoiler:
          my DVR did the same thing as your Tivo. I did not get the promo for nextweek either. According to what my DVR said. FG ran over a little than an hour. That is why I did not get the promo. It cut off where Sheppard and Carter were discussing the moons. And, where Sheppard says something to the effect if She is still out there I will find her.Carter says, I know you will. Then, the DVR cut off!! That so bites!! I saw the promo when since I was also watching it LIVE! But, the second showing of SGA, Scifi did not show the promo for next week like they did last week. They went directly into Dr. Who again!!
          See, on my DirecTV it shows FG from 6:00 to 7:03. SGA from 7:04-8:02 (I'm on the west coast)...maybe it's a way to try to get people not to TiVo it? *showing her paranoia*
          sigpic
          Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
            See, on my DirecTV it shows FG from 6:00 to 7:03. SGA from 7:04-8:02 (I'm on the west coast)...maybe it's a way to try to get people not to TiVo it? *showing her paranoia*
            It actually said on my DirecTV from 9-10. But, like I said in my previous post when I went to playlist to watch it said like 9:03 -10. I am central time (TEXAS)/
            1-800-Iluv-JandT
            sig by Sci!

Comment

Long time, no type for me fellow Shippers!

I have absolutely no life this year but I still watch my Atlantis every Friday!

Just wanted to stop by and say 'Hi!" to my old friends and "Welcome" to all the newbies, who have no idea who I am!

Anyways, love Season 4 so far, and cannot wait for more Teyla and Shep!

Comment

Hey Gang! How's everyone?....who missed me...????...can't stay long since my comp is being fixed and i'm using my sister's..

So I got to admit I only skimmed the posts, so I won't rehash a whole lot of stuff that has already been said, but I can see we're off to a very good start this season yeah?....

I was really happy with what we got in 'Lifeline' and 'Adrift'. In both episodes they
                Spoiler:
                could have had Teyla doing unimportant things in the background without having her interact with John, but they didn't and I liked how and where they added her in

anyway, gotta run....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl View Post

Just wanted to stop by and say 'Hi!" to my old friends and "Welcome" to all the newbies, who have no idea who I am!

Originally posted by WitchBlade007 View Post
                  Hey Gang! How's everyone?....who missed me...????...can't stay long since my comp is being fixed and i'm using my sister's..

So I got to admit I only skimmed the posts, so I won't rehash a whole lot of stuff that has already been said, but I can see we're off to a very good start this season yeah?....

I was really happy with what we got in 'Lifeline' and 'Adrift'. In both episodes they
                  Spoiler:
                  could have had Teyla doing unimportant things in the background without having her interact with John, but they didn't and I liked how and where they added her in

anyway, gotta run....
                  WELCOME HOME!!

1-800-Iluv-JandT
                  sig by Sci!

Comment

Some promo shots on GW...
                    sigpic
                    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007 View Post

Spoiler:

anyway, gotta run....

Witchy and AG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Oh my gosh, it's like a reunion! LOL! It's so good to "see" you guys again!!!! Big hugs!!!! Camy will be so happy!

Nina--Thank you so much for the link!!!!!!! The preview looks really interesting! Reminds of a lot of season two's Trinity from what they showed. But hopefully it will be much different!
                      Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Thanks NINA!! I love how you zoom it and get a closer look...
                        1-800-Iluv-JandT
                        sig by Sci!

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl View Post

Hey, I'm a (relative) newbie and I think I remember you! Then again, I lurked here a long time before I actually signed up.
                          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Thanks for posting! Although I must gripe that the pic of Carter looks like a mug shot, and Teyla's missing entirely!
                            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                              Although I must gripe that the pic of Carter looks like a mug shot
                              I was thinking the very same thing!

And that's my two cents...
                              My LiveJournal
                              ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

Lifeline:
                                Spoiler:
                                Another reason John may have asked Teyla to stay behind

I strongly believe Teyla would have objected to John giving the kill order, and I don't think John wanted Teyla around to hear him give it.

That's a very good point. I think John is at the point with her, where he doesn't want her to see the things in him that would damage her opinion of him. And yeah, he wanted to protect her from the unpleasantness of the situation. Good catch!

Comment

Working...
                                X