X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
    The pessmist is speaking...

Spoiler:
    For me...the episode, other than Ronon's comment, did not inspire JT love. I'm sure people will totally disagree with me. i.e. Teyla turned to John for comfort.

I appreciate that POV, but it did seem forced to me. After everything that happened, why should she go to John then? I didn't think Kate was THAT important to her...especially with everything that happened with Elizabeth and Carson.

I would have loved to see the ending different....instead of the whole team, it would have been just the two of them, talking about what happened. To me, the last scene was a bit of a cop out with the hug scene thrown in.

But, that being said, OVERALL, I enjoyed the episode. I loved the scene with the boat. Thought it was funny. Liked the Shep whump...hey, I didn't even mind Keller too much
    Well, you I've already mentioned the
    Spoiler:
    how I feel about the hug...I think that Teyla was creeped out...and I did beleive that Teyla found comfort in Kate and that she thought of her as a good ally on her behalf or at least Teyla thought that she could confide in her abilities and expertise....we've seen Kate with Teyla since Season 1 so it was beleiveable to me...what I thought was interesting was that Kate saw Teyla as her friend or at least enough to have her in her dream to save her. So, there was a relationship there....not so much as a friend because Teyla would have told Kate about her feelings for whomever, but certainly there was something there...what I was surprised was that Kate saw Teyla as something more...and that was really nice to see....I loved that the writers really used Teyla a lot in here..I loved Ronon's line...interesting thing here is that it's from Teyla's POV....she might think that Ronon might see something or maybe the entity was controlling that vision in her dream of Ronon been there...I don't know. But her response to Ronon fit, she thought this was awkward and she wouldn't reply anything different to Ronon. What I don't think I'm going to like and I knew when rumors first started, is this crush that Ronon seems to have now for Keller....you saw that look in his eyes!? we've never seen Ronon look at another woman like that! I don't like it at all!

I can't wait to read what Nina, Elff and Blue think of this episode....
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Trippy,

I thought it was beautifully written and executed! It had a bit of everything! and very well done!
      sigpic

Comment

hello, i never posted in here actually i am new to the board and the show really but just wanted to congratulate you guys on your shelya episode doppelganger. i think this is the begining of them realizing what they mean to each other and it is going to be a very emotional ride for these two this season. enjoy it all the ups and downs, good and bad.

Comment

Welcome P-pos...

Spoiler:
          yeah, it is going to be very emotional and who knows where it's going to lead. I think DG didn't show anything that we don't already know. Teyla doesn't feel shy around John and neither does he...he goes to see her in the infirmary all the time and he waits to make sure that she's alright. These two knowing each other only for less than 24, he put a necklace around her neck so for him to hug her is fitting. I think his hesitation came about two things...I don't think he expected Teyla to break down like that on him over Keller. I think he knew but she surprised him. I think he was shock first to see her in his front door when he was thinking of the same thing and that alone shocked him and then to have her fling her arms around her was something he really wasn't expecting. Remember, this is John...the one whose not good at feelings....so, yeah, he is going to react this way with her especially when only a couple of hours before she told him she couldn't be around him...I think he reacted properly...he didn't know what to do and most of all, I think he was surprised and overwhelmed by all the feelings going thru him...the way I see it, the joke of the dreams had just turned into death for a collegue...someone who was close to Teyla hence he wanted to come see her cause he must have known...and why would Teyla go to him? Why wouldn't she? Who else is she going to turn to? Ronon, Rodney? We've never seen her turn to any of these guys but John. Teyla is very reserved...not only that..I wonder how much of Teyla's emotions were expressing that it wasn't John who was dead...okay, I maybe stretching a bit! But overall, I didn't find it pushed at all. but, that's just my opinion...

Trips...I'd love to read what you thought...some may think I"m too much of a shipper and you are more reasonable.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh, I'm going to cry!
            Spoiler:
            I can't believe I missed it. I can't find it on iTunes. Can someone else check to see if it's just me or if it was taken down??
            Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
              Oh, I'm going to cry!
              Spoiler:
              I can't believe I missed it. I can't find it on iTunes. Can someone else check to see if it's just me or if it was taken down??
              It's labeled as Adrift. It's not on the first page, you have to scroll down some. I don't know if they've fixed it yet, since it's been a couple of hours since I bought it.

It's so weird, because it's like last season when I bought The Return Part 1 early, when it was labeled as Phantoms.
              Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip View Post
                It's labeled as Adrift. It's not on the first page, you have to scroll down some. I don't know if they've fixed it yet, since it's been a couple of hours since I bought it.
                I'm searching by Stargate Atlantis and it only pulls up seasons 1-3?

ETA: OH, I just found it and am attempting to get it now! It wasn't with the other Stargate eps, but I found it on the first page after looking at new releases/scifi/and scrolling to the next page like you said! Thank you!!!

I'm reading the latest SGA novel while I'm waiting. Anyone else reading Casualties of War? I just started it a few minutes ago, so no impressions yet. LOL!
                Last edited by LoveConquers; 29 September 2007, 10:38 PM.

Comment

I'm searching by Stargate Atlantis and it only pulls up seasons 1-3?

First page of what?? AH! I can't believe this.
                  http://www.apple.com/search/ipoditun...rgate+atlantis

No idea if it's fixed though. This may really be Adrift by now. Go to TV shows, then scroll two pages. It's after Rising.
                  Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip View Post
                    http://www.apple.com/search/ipoditun...rgate+atlantis

No idea if it's fixed though. This may really be Adrift by now. Go to TV shows, then scroll two pages. It's after Rising.
                    Guess I'll find out in a few minutes! Thank you regardless!!! I greatly appreciate it!!!!!!

Comment

Steph...I couldn't find it either on itunes..I went directly to Scifi and on the cover of atlantis it says Itunes....I just downloaded it about an hour ago. It was still the episode. But just to make sure, preview it...in the preview you see that its DG.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by p-pos View Post
                        hello, i never posted in here actually i am new to the board and the show really but just wanted to congratulate you guys on your shelya episode doppelganger. i think this is the begining of them realizing what they mean to each other and it is going to be a very emotional ride for these two this season. enjoy it all the ups and downs, good and bad.
                        Just wanted to say Thank you and Welcome to the thread!!!!!

Comment

Guess I'll find out in a few minutes! Thank you regardless!!! I greatly appreciate it!!!!!!
                          My computer took about 25 minutes to download.
                          sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to read what you think of this one Steph...most in the Anti thread see it as so Sheyla! LOL
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                              Steph...I couldn't find it either on itunes..I went directly to Scifi and on the cover of atlantis it says Itunes....I just downloaded it about an hour ago. It was still the episode. But just to make sure, preview it...in the preview you see that its DG.
                              Oh, I didn't know you could do that! Well, I'm getting it now already, so too late to preview. Ah well, I always get them anyway as I like to support the show as much as possible. It's going fast, only 4 minutes left!

Comment

I am seriously hating the fact that I only have $1.16 credit on iTunes right now... last night I saw I was running low and though to myself 'I'll get some on Monday' DAMN!!

In other news, any new graphics with the promo's? I've only skimmed the last two pages

awesome sig by Camy!
                                Sheppard/Teyla LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
                                X