• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devine, love your season four ideas.

Toomi, you're a sweetheart!

Teyla's stick fighting:
    Spoiler:
    I went to JM's comment section. The person who asked about Teyla's stick fighting responded to JM's very interesting reply about stick fighting and submission. The person contexted his reply into something about Athosian mating rituals.

I've seen this in fanfics, but who else wonders if the stick fighting is tied to an Athosian courtship ritual?

I've seen stuff like this in sci-fi / fantasy before. And read about it in the mythology of warrior women cultures. If the guy can't beat her, he can't have her. But, ladies (and gents), you know how that goes. Sometimes she's not trying as hard as she can ... hence, the tie-in to the word "submission" which was JM's word.

Wait, I should go get it. Okay, I'm back, and here it is.

"OhioAnne also writes: “So, her stick fighting skill must have been honed to fight for a different purpose. Either there is a race we haven't seen yet…”

Answer: Hmmmm. Yeah. There is that possibility… Also, keep in mind that while knife fighting could well mean life or death, stick fighting would be preferable in situations where submission would be a preferable goal.

Knife fighting (which Teyla does well too), JM said would be about, well, you saw it, and I suppose the term submission (from his perspective) could be about the other person, or it could mean making your opponent "tap out" like you do in a dojo. Or the Athosians (maybe) once upon a time fought ritual or symbolic wars, one person against another, but no one was supposed to die.

I'm just sort of thinking about the possible tie-in to a courtship ritual, because it interests me, and of course, we've only seen her lose twice. And if I'm really going to get into this idea, just for discussion's sake, thinking about her fight with Ronon in Duet, didn't John jump in and contest the outcome by sticking something under Ronon's chin and asking, "What are you doing?" Maybe it's just the writer in me loving the idea that somewhere on New Athosia, Athosian women are choosing their men this way, and Teyla's been 100% sure John was the *one* since Conversion.

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
    I don't even want to think about the hundreds and hundreds of hours that went into all those pages. LOL! But no, MX is Mutant X, it was the fandom I was heavily involved in before SGA. So yep, all fanfics. I was a big Bren/Shal fan. It went off the air in 2004 and I continued writing for it for a good year after that. But then was looking a new fandom and Mayra introduced me to SGA! Well, I was watching it already, but wasn't involved with the fandom until she brought me in.
    Where are your stories archived?

OT:
    Spoiler:
    I was sad when Mutant X ended. Abruptly .... grrr. I was angsty for Brennan and Shalimar to get together and I was very pleased when they gave in to it. The last season was very good.

What is going on with your Petey, lol? Oh yeah, food trumps everything, even a good belly rub. We got my little monster a pumpkin, and just for kicks (a stuffed squeaky pumpkin) and just for kicks we went with the large size. The toy is bigger than his head and half his body. We're always doing odd things with his toys because to be honest my dog is a bit odd himself. To be safe, I held the pumpkin in my lap so when he saw it, if he was going to be afraid of it, I'd know right away and get rid of it. He bounded up and attacked it. Keep in mind my dog is a seven-pound miniature poodle. He got a bit of it in his mouth and tried to wrench it away. He'll only do that when something is his, and he's 100% sure. He'd always right, but I have no idea how he knows he's right. Is there a dog radar device in squeak toys that says, "Yeah, Aheric, I'm for you!!" How come I can't buy a squeak toy for myself? Anyway, he pulled and pulled, and when I let him have it, he ran away with it. To picture this, you'd have to picture a grinning bright orange stuffed pumpkin attached to the face of a tiny black dog. The dog is bouncing away, tail swishing. He tried to get the pumpkin behind the couch, where *he* fits but the pumpkin wouldn't, and I had to draw the line. "No, you can't be alone with the pumpkin there." The love affair has cooled down, but sometimes my monster can be caught draped over the pumpkin, just lying there on top of it, hind legs hanging off, with part the pumpkin's squeak hand stuck in his mouth. Very odd. He knows I'm staring at him, I can tell, when he's floating on this thing, because his tail starts to swish.

You gotta love them.
    Last edited by expendable_crewman; 17 June 2007, 10:03 AM.

Comment

hellooooo!! ive been busy all week but i can finally settle down now!!

re season 4 (ive read some of your comments but not all)
      Spoiler:
      i have to admit im a little disappointed that teyla is getting a boyfriend/lover whatever especially someone we havent even met and hasnt even been casted yet....i kind of hoped tptb were gonna be a bit braver and push more shep/teyla this year, not a big declaration of love or anything but i dunno show them as getting even closer...sunday was so obviously written in a way that said "she fancies john" and now all that is gonna be forgotten possibly because they had to change stuff..i dont want teyla to be with someone i dont care about, i mean when weir was going on that date with ..erm whatsisface in sunday i couldnt care less because i didnt know this guy, id never seen him and personally wouldnt have cared if he'd been blown up in the explosion...i dont want this to be the case with teyla and her "new man", and if this guy is the father of her baby too...its just a little too much.....JM makes me hopeful that we will get some nice stuff - the hug weve seen and his comment about shep sharing some emotional scenes with teyla...but i dont know....i just dont have much faith now that anything will happen or if it does there will be so much that happened in the past that things wont quite be the same espesh if shes going dark side as well...i honestly thought or hoped tptb were ready to take the next step and now theyve thrown a spanner in the works...i mean dont get me wrong ill wait and see and hope im wrong...but i cant help but feel a little frustrated at this news....this was not what i wanted teyla's arc to be, and i know they had to rewrite stuff to support rachel's pregnancy which is wonderful, but i honestly dont know what to expect and yeh im worried! i may be over reacting but i dont like my ship messed about with and id hoped with weir going that they were gonna focus on them and stop trying to pair them up with randoms (i dont count that scene with larin and shep because that aint exactly romantic)

oh well all we can do is wait and see i guess....i hope we just get the abundance of shep/teyla we had in season 3 and that after everything that is going to happen that we still get our couple as strong as ever.

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
        Season 4 spoilers from JM's blog:

Spoiler:

Link: http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

I hope he's not talking about the hug and only the hug.
        Thanks Toomi!!
        1-800-Iluv-JandT
        sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

John and Teyla wallie...

Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
            John and Teyla wallie...

Spoiler:
            bewootifulll wallie Blue!!
            1-800-Iluv-JandT
            sig by Sci!

Comment

Originally posted by Devine27 View Post
              JT Relationship progression:

Spoiler:
              Missing – On a normal visit to New Athos, Teyla and Keller discover that the Athosians are missing. On their way back to the Gate they are ambushed by a small band of men, who tell them that the village has been deserted for a while (fight scene in woods with Keller). At the end of the episode, Teyla goes to John for comfort explaining that she fears that Micheal may have taken her people. John comforts her. He’s worried about Teyla, the Athosians and fears that Atlantis may be indirectly connected to their deaths.

Doppleganger – While searching for answers about what happened to the Athosians, the team encounters an alien entity. The entity, while causing troubles for others abuses its knowledge of John’s feelings for Teyla and causes a change in their relationship. (????)

Tabula Rasa – Team is still searching for the Athosians. They encounter something that suppresses their inhibitions and/or wipes away recent memories. (Another change in JT relationship??????)

The Seer – Teyla acknowledges pregnancy

The possibilities are endless…….

I LOVE the way you think! I'm going to vote for your version of events till I see differently.

Carter As the leader of Atlantis:
              Spoiler:

I hate to say it, but I see the show’s dynamic improving a heck of a lot. Now, I’m not saying that all of the bricks will just fall into place, but with time and experience this new change to Atlantis leadership could make a huge difference.
              Spoiler:
              Boy do I agree with you! I've said all along that this change in cast is going to be EXACTLY what this show needs. And I don't hate to say it one little bit. Those of you who know me, know that I've LONG thought that Weir was a libability and her departure is going to be only positive for Atlantis. The addition of Carter and all the wonderful vast experience she brings is just an added bonus. TPTB have scored a home run here as far as I'm concerned.

Teyla’s Man:

Spoiler:
              If Teyla is given a love interest other than John (he better be very hot/good looking/you pick and ), he’s either missing, dead or will die by the end of the episode (I would expect to see him in a flashback). She wouldn’t need the team’s/John’s support otherwise, she’d have him. For her to suddenly have a boyfriend, a child, and still try to be on the team and search for the Athosians is too much of a spit. It won’t work. Atlantis would become the Teyla show and I don’t think the writer’s would let that happen. There’s an important twist/or info that we’re missing. She tells that guy in The Seer that the situation is complicated, so something’s up or unusual. Besides, everything is subject to change otherwise Teyla would be Makeyla or whatever.

As for the idea of Teyla hiding an ongoing love interest, wouldn’t she be hugging him instead of John.
              Spoiler:
              Yup, I agree here too. After my initial knee jerk reaction I began to mull over all we've been told thus far and all the fairly certain spoilers we've been given and the idea that Teyla has some serious current boyfriend just doesnt' track. Will they bring another guy along to put tension in the JT dynamic, yeah maybe, but that will be the extent of it. As JM (my HERO!!!) said yesterday in his blog, John and Teyla are going to have some nice emotional scenes this year! (Boy do I LOVE that man! He knows how to put lemmings in their place!)

Oh, and Devine, would you mind linking me to your vids once again. Like a dope, I lost it the first time!

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                John and Teyla wallie...

Spoiler:

Great job Blue and I love the words you chose too.

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                  A little tidbit of Teyla from JM's blog....

Spoiler:
                  OhioAnne also writes: “Teyla has seemed to dislike the "morality" of the decision even prior to it being made, but she has been more restrained in the past couple of seasons versus her wild earthiness of Season 1.”

Answer: Teyla will be re-connecting with her warrior roots in season four. Wilder and earthier!
                  Oooo! THAT sounds interesting! I think I'm gonna like Teyla's development for S4. Thanks for the info Nina!

Comment

Scifan-

What episode is the pic you used the best butt shot from?

I do not remember that ep.
                    1-800-Iluv-JandT
                    sig by Sci!

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm excited to hear that Teyla is going to be more active this season, which I'm sure that was tough in RL's condition. I'm also excited to see John more open with his emotions and who he's will to show his emotions too. Until Sunday, I don't recall seeing him so upset. And some of the emotions they showed that day were real feelings towards the loss of Paul. Which I'm hoping Wikipedia is telling the truth about Beckett coming back in the flesh and not and AU or whatever. Nothing against Keller mind you, but I'm just use to Beckett.
                      Back to John and Teyla, I still weak in the knees when I see that footage of them hugging.

Spoiler:
                      You could tell the entire crew was quite emotional about Paul's departure, several of them have said that there were some very real tears in that scene. As for the Wiki spoiler, it's a reprint of JM's comments on the subject. He said that yes, Carson will be back at the end of S4, for 2 eps I think, and that yes it IS him in the flesh. No AU, no flashback, etc. It's really Carson. Hope that helps!

Comment

i made a new video the best bits of John and Teyla im posting this link but im uploading it on you tube as well an sannsong ive sent you te video so you can add it to the sitehttp://download.yousendit.com/BF4CD33D2AF9E333
                        Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                          Scifan-

What episode is the pic you used the best butt shot from?

I do not remember that ep.
                          S1 Poisoning the Well. I got lucky finding it. I never think of looking for butt shots until the game came up.

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            You could tell the entire crew was quite emotional about Paul's departure, several of them have said that there were some very real tears in that scene. As for the Wiki spoiler, it's a reprint of JM's comments on the subject. He said that yes, Carson will be back at the end of S4, for 2 eps I think, and that yes it IS him in the flesh. No AU, no flashback, etc. It's really Carson. Hope that helps!
                            Thanks Sanssong. Yes it does.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                              S1 Poisoning the Well. I got lucky finding it. I never think of looking for butt shots until the game came up.
                              Nothing wrong with that!

Thanks!
                              1-800-Iluv-JandT
                              sig by Sci!

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
                                Teyla's stick fighting:
                                Spoiler:
                                I went to JM's comment section. The person who asked about Teyla's stick fighting responded to JM's very interesting reply about stick fighting and submission. The person contexted his reply into something about Athosian mating rituals.

I've seen this in fanfics, but who else wonders if the stick fighting is tied to an Athosian courtship ritual?

I've seen stuff like this in sci-fi / fantasy before. And read about it in the mythology of warrior women cultures. If the guy can't beat her, he can't have her. But, ladies (and gents), you know how that goes. Sometimes she's not trying as hard as she can ... hence, the tie-in to the word "submission" which was JM's word.

Wait, I should go get it. Okay, I'm back, and here it is.

"OhioAnne also writes: “So, her stick fighting skill must have been honed to fight for a different purpose. Either there is a race we haven't seen yet…”

Answer: Hmmmm. Yeah. There is that possibility… Also, keep in mind that while knife fighting could well mean life or death, stick fighting would be preferable in situations where submission would be a preferable goal.

Knife fighting (which Teyla does well too), JM said would be about, well, you saw it, and I suppose the term submission (from his perspective) could be about the other person, or it could mean making your opponent "tap out" like you do in a dojo. Or the Athosians (maybe) once upon a time fought ritual or symbolic wars, one person against another, but no one was supposed to die.

I'm just sort of thinking about the possible tie-in to a courtship ritual, because it interests me, and of course, we've only seen her lose twice. And if I'm really going to get into this idea, just for discussion's sake, thinking about her fight with Ronon in Duet, didn't John jump in and contest the outcome by sticking something under Ronon's chin and asking, "What are you doing?" Maybe it's just the writer in me loving the idea that somewhere on New Athosia, Athosian women are choosing their men this way, and Teyla's been 100% sure John was the *one* since Conversion.
                                That is a VERY interesting idea EC and one I've never thought of before. I'm intrigued that JM didn't shoot down the idea that Teyla's stick-fighting might have a deeper meaning or purpose other than *just* fighting. I love the idea of the Warrior woman wanting a worthy man to defeat her- gives that extra little twist to all of John and Teyla's practicing. She seems very determined to teach him!

The stick fighting scenes ALWAYS have very sexual overtones to me and I have to think that they are shot that way on purpose. I mean, come on! Hot sweaty bodies, the smoldering looks they give each other, the close skin to skin contact they have? And then in Conversion when John - free of his normal inhibitions- took that final step and kissed her. It seemed very much the natural progression of that kind of activity. Not to mention that physical fighting of that kind is often a euphamism for sex.

I would agree that the scene in Duet with Ronon and John was VERY key in how they both relate to Teyla. I like your idea that John was challenging Ronon's defeat of Teyla, but to me, it was also the writers way of saying right up front that Teyla is NOT fair game. John entered the sparing room and intervened in that fight with the sole purpose of letting Ronon know where he (John) stood on the subject of Teyla. John considers himself her protector, period, no one else is allowed. And you'll notice from then on Ronon won't personally protect Teyla unless John asks him too. Then when John said in front of both of them that he thought he and Teyla were supposed to spar, that was also a message to Ronon that he was there first. I loved Teyla's response to John there as well, she was like, well honey, if you're going to be late then don't expect me to wait for you.

From that point on, Ronon knew that Teyla was off limits to him as a possible lover, John marked his territory. (hence Ronon thinking in Sunday that he fully expected John and Teyla to get together.) And John got the message loud and clear not to take Teyla's time or loyalty for granted. You gotta love that girl! She cuts him no slack!

Comment

Working...
                                X