Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
    Spoiler:

Maybe, if the new ep takes them close to running out of time, and John says to Teyla, "We wasted so much time" with regret. Then we could see her face register his meaning (how lovely) and we could see his expression as he responds to hers. JF and RL are such wonderful actors. I'd need a second by second capping of their expressions, it would be THAT good.

Hey, that's Stargate on speed for me. It would take my breath away. And then they could bring on the wild-beyond-believing plan and some FX and make me fall for this show all over again.
    That would have actually been wonderful to see...and I agree... JF and RL are such wonderful and great actors and have such a talent for expressing feeling in a facial expressions and in their eyes... they are a joy to watch on screen...
    A scene like that would most likely take my breath away...
    sigpic
    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Personally, I can see how John could be so open with other attractive women but not with one who's opinion really mattered to him. I know people like that. They can talk to any attractive person, but get tongue-tied around the one they have feelings for because they're so afraid of rejection and if the masses don't like them, so what? No big deal. But if that one person they dream about at night doesn't reciprocate, then it's earth-shattering for them.

So they'd rather be safe in their dream world, taking what closeness the other person gives them, than take the chance of rejection and losing the other person completely.

Doxy

Comment

Hey gang,
        This is something I wrote a while back. I thought I would post here in light of some of the discussions we have had in reference to this. It's meant to be vague - LOL and the first time I had written like this. Hope you enjoy.

Cyn

Spoiler:

Archiving: Sure, just let me know.
        Warnings: Angst
        Spoilers: Possible S3
        Disclaimer: Not mine, wish they were, but I play with them. Thanks to MGM studios and TPTB for providing me with such fun.
        Summary: Challenge fic - How or to whom would John reveal his feelings for Teyla?

Crossing the Line

He’d watched them with the wariness of one who had spent too many years on the run. His senses had taught him what to instinctively trust and who. There was something about the pair that drew his interest. It was not just the fact that they were also enemy of the Wraith or that they had technology he could use. There was an uncommon bond between them. It flowed like energy yet both seemed oblivious to it or rather chose to ignore it.

Later as he came to know each better, he understood. It was as if an invisible line had been drawn. One that they both acknowledged and worked hard to respect. However, he suspected that over the last months that line had been tested. Not crossed but tested in a way he observed - instinctively knew that neither were ready for.

He understood the necessarily of not crossing the line. He felt he understood * him* quite well. But she’d been missing for two weeks now. The search had gone from frantic to silent desperation. It’s hidden well - she’s part of his team - you do not leave your people behind. **He** would do the same for us all.

It is late at night when** he** works though the familiar routine of the Kata she has taught him. Going though the movements with an intensity that betrays his outward appearance of the past days. He does not attempt to dissect - the need is understood for he too visit the gym for his *own* reasons.

When finished **he** bows his head in the traditional Athosian manner and shudders. He slowly walks to his bag and deposits his sticks. When **he** walks away it is with a weariness and sadness others will never see.

Then He knows - the line has been crossed.
        sigpic

Comment

I have a couple of questions I need answered so I know for my fan fics especially the current one I am working.
          Spoiler:
          Question 1: Do Teyla’s people return to the mainland after The Return part 1 & 2 (I would like a simply yes or no)?

Question 2: What episode in second half of season 3 does some more of Shep’s back story, where find out he has been married before, get mentioned(I would like just the episode title)?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
            I have a couple of questions I need answered so I know for my fan fics especially the current one I am working.
            Spoiler:
            Question 1: Do Teyla’s people return to the mainland after The Return part 1 & 2 (I would like a simply yes or no)?
            Spoiler:

Question 2: What episode in second half of season 3 does some more of Shep’s back story, where find out he has been married before, get mentioned(I would like just the episode title)?

Spoiler:
            1. No
            2. Sunday

Hope that helps.
            Cyn
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jtjaforever View Post
              Spoiler:
              1. No
              2. Sunday

Hope that helps.
              Cyn
              That helps. Thanks.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Hey gang,
                This is something I wrote a while back. I thought I would post here in light of some of the discussions we have had in reference to this. It's meant to be vague - LOL and the first time I had written like this. Hope you enjoy.

Cyn

Spoiler:

Disclaimer: Not mine, wish they were, but I play with them. Thanks to MGM studios and TPTB for providing me with such fun.
                Summary: Challenge fic - How or to whom would John reveal his feelings for Teyla?

Crossing the Line

He’d watched them with the wariness of one who had spent too many years on the run. His senses had taught him what to instinctively trust and who. There was something about the pair that drew his interest. It was not just the fact that they were also enemy of the Wraith or that they had technology he could use. There was an uncommon bond between them. It flowed like energy yet both seemed oblivious to it or rather chose to ignore it.

Later as he came to know each better, he understood. It was as if an invisible line had been drawn. One that they both acknowledged and worked hard to respect. However, he suspected that over the last months that line had been tested. Not crossed but tested in a way he observed - instinctively knew that neither were ready for.

He understood the necessarily of not crossing the line. He felt he understood * him* quite well. But she’d been missing for two weeks now. The search had gone from frantic to silent desperation. It’s hidden well - she’s part of his team - you do not leave your people behind. **He** would do the same for us all.

It is late at night when** he** works though the familiar routine of the Kata she has taught him. Going though the movements with an intensity that betrays his outward appearance of the past days. He does not attempt to dissect - the need is understood for he too visit the gym for his *own* reasons.

When finished **he** bows his head in the traditional Athosian manner and shudders. He slowly walks to his bag and deposits his sticks. When **he** walks away it is with a weariness and sadness others will never see.

Oh Cyn, I totally forgot about this story of yours!!!! I loved it when I read it before, and I love it even more now! Very powerful for such a short piece. It's GREAT! Thank you so much!!!!!

Steph
                Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
                  Oh Cyn, I totally forgot about this story of yours!!!! I loved it when I read it before, and I love it even more now! Very powerful for such a short piece. It's GREAT! Thank you so much!!!!!

Steph
                  Thanks Steph,
                  I though it would be good to share since we were kinda on the subject

Cyn
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey gang,

Cyn

Spoiler:

Crossing the Line

Great story jtjaforever loved it

Comment

Originally posted by hutchi4 View Post
                      Great story jtjaforever loved it
                      Thanks, so glad you liked it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey gang,

Cyn

Spoiler:

Crossing the Line

I read this a while back...and I liked it...and I still like it...it's a really great short piece...oh how the bond between those two is shown,,how John is reacting to not being able to do something, the feeling of him being lost without her there,, and how in the end you can understand that line they have always had has been crossed... thanks for sharing this little fic...

We have seen how John react in the show when it comes to Teyla...when put into something like this I do wonder just to what lenghts he would do to be able to find her again... would be intresting to see... since we all know he has reacted always strongest when something has happened to her.. if like there would be like an Sateda epi for Teyla...would John just react the way he did for Ronon or would his reaction be alot stronger??
                        sigpic
                        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Cyn, lovely, lovely story. Just perfect.

Originally posted by Doxymom View Post
                          Personally, I can see how John could be so open with other attractive women but not with one who's opinion really mattered to him. I know people like that. They can talk to any attractive person, but get tongue-tied around the one they have feelings for because they're so afraid of rejection and if the masses don't like them, so what? No big deal. But if that one person they dream about at night doesn't reciprocate, then it's earth-shattering for them.

So they'd rather be safe in their dream world, taking what closeness the other person gives them, than take the chance of rejection and losing the other person completely.

Doxy
                          I've heard this said, particularly after Sateda. They are good points.

My thing isn't whether John is tongue-tied around attractive women, or women in general, but what we've seen from him throughout the series in the way he communicates with Teyla.

It's possible we are being shown that the stakes have gone up for John with respect to Teyla.

That's why I think you're making a great point.

If he revealed his feelings, assuming he had them, and assuming Teyla did not, she could choose to reduce the time she spent with him out of **mercy**. That would impact their friendship. Then what was once an easy relationship with many high points (except, of course, the one thing) would become a tad awkward.

For me, though, at whatever point John and Teyla or John or Teyla (if it was one person, but only one) crossed or will cross the line ---- based on I've seen of them in other seasons --- I don't agree that the moment one or both of them crossed the line could or would stay a secret one from the other.

Sorry for the run-on sentence.

They are both mature and spend an abundance of time together.

Which, to me, means the awkwardness of non-reciprocation, if that is or was going to happen, would occur whether there was a convo or not.

Again, this is me. After seeing John talk quite candidly with Teyla about life/death matters, trust, and issues that go beyond sensitive, like the definition and value of honor, that's my take. He's had to ask her point blank for her whereabouts in the aftermath of a serious crime. At the time, she wasn't just someone he knew. She was his friend.

In season one we were told they spent a lot of off-duty time together. We were fed tidbits about the evolution of their friendship, including her addiction to popcorn. This was further validated in Sunday
                          Spoiler:
                          ... when John asks Ronon who he hangs out with besides John and Teyla, which tells me John and Teyla have been hanging out for three years ... still sometimes alone, if Ronon's whereabouts on his personal time can become the subject of a question.

At the end of the day (hey, I was using that expression before I started watching the show!!!), we'll apply our own experiences to help us understand what we see.

For me to work closely with a man and be attracted to him is totally within the realm of possibility. Each of us has lines we can't cross for one reason or another. When I encounter them, I do nothing about my feelings and the romantic feelings eventually evolve into deep respest and fondness.

I wouldn't spend my personal time with him, though. That is the equivalent of torture. It's risky and reckless and more importantly, if he was out of bounds, then I'd have to worry about perception way more than I'd have to worry about reality.

John and Teyla in season one weren't worried about perception. A relationship wasn't (and this is my opinion, here) out of bounds. Watching season one as a big long marathon of episodes, I saw their **friendship** progressing within the context of an adventure sci-fi show that had its primary focus on life/death drama.

And this was key for me: I saw their connection as compatible beings and I saw that they were in sync. There was trust. It was there.

Going back to my personal experience, when I have crossed from friendship to something else with a person I'm working with, we are already friends.

At a certain point, the pressure to *check* what is happening against your friend's feelings becomes urgent but also natural. Never have I had that need to ask "hey what's going on here" wash away or negate what had gone before. We had that conversation in the same manner in which we conducted our friendship.

If we agreed not to go anywhere with it, as long as the relationship wasn't out of bounds, we continued our friendship as before.

In one case, we eventually changed our minds and had a lovely time until a duty station change ended it.

In other cases, we stayed friends and that was that.

Maybe it's because I'm not really into the hemming and hawing myself that I don't like it on the show.

Maybe I needed to see this kind of "tongue-tied-ness" throughout the show to buy into it now.

Anyway, all in all, I liked season three very much. And I've got those chats and tidbits in Phantoms, Return 1, Ark, and Sunday to keep me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Just_breathing View Post
                            Hey all!
                            Just a quick fly by post to drop in my new vid... It's just a fun lil' JT ditty with not that much deep and meaningful substance behind it, so dont be expecting the genius of Nina or LC! lol
                            Anyways, enjoy! And let me know what you think...
                            Addicted to Love- You tube

I'm working on getting another link to it... Mega upload most likely, but it's being very mean to me at the moment and it's refusing to do anything I ask of it, so I'll try in the morning or something.. it's far too late.. or early.. whichever way you wanna look at it..

~JB

I loved the video...really really great...loved the glances they shared,,great clips used in this to a rather upbeat song...great editing in it too...
                            Just as the music was addicted to love,,,well I'm addicted to John & Teyla *lol*
                            thanks for sharing and keep up the great work on videos... going into my special folder on my comp for further enjoyment in the future
                            sigpic
                            Sigs by Scifan

Comment

So anyone seen the official promo pics they have now released for season 3...

JF
                              http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/gl3.2.html

RL
                              http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/gl3.4.html
                              sigpic
                              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Speaking of promo pics....

Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...