John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
    Half of us here write fanfic...I do..Camy, SP, Ritter, Sannsong, Seldear, Nicole, Wtichy, VB, Doxymom...I know I missed some...CK,

A great writer for this ship is tielan....

I'll get you links...
    The longer, the better. Thanks so much!!!
    Sig by Whistler84, RIP.
    You believed in me when it seemed only I could. You stood by me when no one else would.
    Even though we are two friends who did tragically part, I know your loving memory will forever survive in my heart

Poem by Rachel Cooper.

Comment

Originally posted by emotionallydisturbed
      Hi guys, I have a request. Any of you have recs for some totally awesome epic S/T fanfics? I just recently started reading Stargate Fanfics (I usually do other fandoms), and read some S/W fics that blew me away!! I figure, might as well give both these ships a shot! So, c'mon. Who's holding onto to some good stuff? Give me your longest, please! I'm, like, addicted now!
      Are you sure your not sinning?!

Welcome anyway emotionallydisturbed..and here's a link of some stories I posted up on page 599.

Fanfics

And their some posted by Doxymom and others on page 598...scan through those posts and you should find them!! Hope you like what you get..

My Fanfics <----Shameless Plug

Enjoy.
      VB
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
        Are you sure your not sinning?!

Welcome anyway emotionallydisturbed..and here's a link of some stories I posted up on page 599.

Fanfics

And their some posted by Doxymom and others on page 598...scan through those posts and you should find them!! Hope you like what you get..

My Fanfics <----Shameless Plug

Enjoy.
        VB
        Fantastic. I've got tomorrow off from school, so plan is, get about 10 different recs from all over the place, and just sit down and have a totally-non-productive day reading fanfic.
        Sig by Whistler84, RIP.
        You believed in me when it seemed only I could. You stood by me when no one else would.
        Even though we are two friends who did tragically part, I know your loving memory will forever survive in my heart

Poem by Rachel Cooper.

Comment

Originally posted by emotionallydisturbed
          The longer, the better. Thanks so much!!!
          Well here is SP's otherwise known as ElecticTrekker:
          This is her profile at fanfiction.net. She has quite a few JT stories

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/793706/

And her is Camy's 'It all started with a kiss"...nine chapters and counting
          http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2639592/1/

Here is an author by the name of Nytel:
          http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2515525/1/
          "The night that changed all others" -15 chapters and growing

Here is my profile at ff.net: All my stories are JT
          http://www.fanfiction.net/u/913491/

For a great overview of the best JT fics you can check out this link: It is to an fanfic awards site. Voting is closed now but these fics are great!
          http://isis.worldstowander.com/nominees2006.php?sheyla

Check out:
          Seldear's Cluctching Straws
          Tielans' 'Yield' and 'Amends and Promises;
          sannsongs 'Perpsectives'
          nicoles 'Prisoner of Fate'

There are a whole lot more but I'll leave that to everyone else to link their favorties!

Comment

Okay...I know you probably already stated why VB but knowing me I probably missed it...bur why is 'The Lost Boys' on your mind?
            Your lazy AG ..and I'm even worse ..it was posted on page 601, so here's the link of why I like 'Lost Boys' as shippiest next to Allies.
            Lost Boys & Allies

Have a good read!
            VB

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
              Your lazy AG ..and I'm even worse ..it was posted on page 601, so here's the link of why I like 'Lost Boys' as shippiest next to Allies.
              Lost Boys & Allies

Have a good read!
              VB
              Yah...yah...I know...But I'm actually writing up my last paper dealing with Shakespeare...I can't get away from him...and missed alot of convo...thanks for the link!

Comment

Yah...yah...I know...But I'm actually writing up my last paper dealing with Shakespeare...I can't get away from him...and missed alot of convo...thanks for the link!
                Oh, ED...there are soooooooooooooo many great J/T fics..but I have to say that there needs to be lots more...I really believe that there are more S/W fics but hey, that is why I started this insane idea of writing....

Okay, so I have a present...and then I will respond to some of these great postings...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                  Oh, ED...there are soooooooooooooo many great J/T fics..but I have to say that there needs to be lots more...I really believe that there are more S/W fics but hey, that is why I started this insane idea of writing....
                  Okay, so I have a present...and then I will respond to some of these great postings...
                  http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9562/sga060080mv.jpg
                  You see that poster Camy..that is the poster I think I will actually print out and put it on my wall..you even got me thinking that I might just get rid of my teyla poster in green. Shame on you..she stays, cause it's fantastic.

Anyway I loved this...and seemed to adore as well. You got them at their best sides...if not in their best...

Love it and make more..please!!
                  VB

Comment

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9562/sga060080mv.jpg
                    CAMY...you ar getting so good at this...I love this one...especially the wording...how true are they!

Okay..so I posted the SciFi Fanawards link...and you can nominate artworks, photo manips and things..so Camy...I love yours...and your Teyla ones...so my question is have you been posting these on your LJ....

And everyone else choose your favorite wallpapers, icons, sigs, banners and manips to nominate...

Comment

Thanks for the plug, AG!

Seriously, Terry, there are some great authors out there, and many of them post on this site, so it's a double bonus. Be sure to tell us what stuff you liked and what you got around to reading. Happy fic-hunting!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Ah, you guys are making me blush....Thanks VB and AG...I'm still learning...

I don't know how to post them in my LJ..jeepers I don't I"ve been there in AGES!

Some have tried to explain it to me...but again, you are talking to the one who after three months discovered there was actually a volume button in my computer! YIKES!

Thanks guys, *blushing*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                          Thanks for the plug, AG!

Seriously, Terry, there are some great authors out there, and many of them post on this site, so it's a double bonus. Be sure to tell us what stuff you liked and what you got around to reading. Happy fic-hunting!
                          Hehe...well I'm kind of partial to your stories...especially the story you wrote for me where Shep and Teyla get stuck in a broken down puddle jumper and have to cuddle

Comment

Okay...this might be long, it may not be....

I guess when I think of season 1 and John and Teyla, I see a connection from day one that like SP said, John could probably not explain from day one..now he could probably state several incidents in which prove that Teyla can be trusted but as we see in Suspicion, not even after he yelled at Bates with Weir was able to provide suficient evidence that she wasn't the spy and hence he did have to comply with Weir and speak with Teyla in the balcony scene....

Season 1 for me was the beginning....I can go back and compare things between Season 1 and Season 2 much clearer...In season 1 they develop the foundation that started with a simple conversation and turned into an undenyable loyalty and trust...Going back to Rising....why did he want to continue the conversation with Teyla...clearly she wasn't interested or at least she wasn't going to be the one to convince them to stay and chat...she was interested but not dumb...she had to find out what could they offer for her people and so, she stated "we do not trade with strangers"...I love that! Clearly she was sending them a signal...give me something to make you worthy of your friendship...and John clearly got the hint and not only did he accept and take up on the challenge but he stepped forward and could have cared less what his superior thought! John was interested, he accepted the invitation that Teyla provided discretely and thus she quickly was charmed and intrigue by his response...whatever she saw or concluded from his nonsense words, it was enough for her...and there you have the very beginning...and this is the foundation to the rest of their encounters....Teyla doesn't always understand John...it started from the very beginning when they first met and it still continues until Allies..she is very aware that there are many different things among them, yet for her, there is something that keeps her from not leaving and from staying, accepting, and actively participating in what might be something that she sees erroneous....that is significant because that is a lasting relationship...and I'm not even referring to a romantic relationship...this is something that lasts...and something that grows stronger with time...
                            So often John and the others have done things that are so against her own beliefs, and even on her personal character and her people, Suspicion comes to mind, yet through it all, she has remained...and it might be argued that she does it for the fact that she is staying for her people..yes, but even her people didn't think she should have stayed...on several occasions they were strongly against the will of the Earthling, Hide and Seek, Suspicion...38 Minutes...
                            Yet Teyla remained...and it can be said, that not only did she stayed hoping that this is a way for her to save her people, but the person who she trust in making that a reality is just one person, John.

Many of the criticism against Teyla and John and Teyla was based on the fact that most of Season 1 Teyla was completely involved with John. In the missions and outside the mission, sparring sessions, she spent it with John. But now, when you look back you see the meaning and purpose of it...she had to be with John...this was not just a case of she only knows John..she was in fact completely anahilated and away from her people so early on that she needed to confide, and rely on just one person. I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be for a person in Teyla's shoes that not only are the majority from a different galaxy, but they even think, speak, act and behave completely different, and then add to that the fact that they see her as a nomad and some like Bates through the entire Season 1 accussed and questioned her every move...my goodness, what else what she supposed to do when in reality no one but John offered her their friendship and complete, honest and sincere trust....John trusted Teyla and he confides and relies on her completely..aside from anyone else he is the only one who saw her as a great assest to his team from day one! He not only sees her as an equal sometimes I think he sees her as even more capable and more knowledgeable than they are to some degree and Teyla knows and sees this in him..she hears it and senses it in him..she saw it from day one...when she said to him in Rising, Your leader sees me as if I were not there..and when he asked her she said NO...she knows that John holds her as a valuable member of his team and that is also very important for both of them.

In addition, in Season 1 developing that trust also provided a side of them when they were not in the military mode...having them spar together showed that from both of their points of view they had to find something in common that they both liked in order to enrich and continue their friendship to a new level...during the sparring they were just two people relaxing, sharing and enjoying each others company while doing something that they both enjoyed...beating the crap out of one another in a civilized manner...not to mention that in their sparring session they got to display those little glaces and kodak moments that only the two of them shared in their own privacy...I think this is significant as well...who else has seen this side of Teyla..not many..in season 1 only John...so again, demonstrating the level of trust and the ties that were forming in a totally different environment.

In season 1 I can remember two very significant and definite shippy moments for me...1 was in Sanctuary...I really believe that the little scene with the two of them talking clearly showed a side of Teyla that she had not shown to us and then in John it showed us that although he was ready to go off with another woman, clearly he was still attracted to what couldn't be, Teyla....the other siginificant shippy moment for me was in LFP, that moment when he had to decide whether to stay or leave her was so significant in my view...clearly he risked it all, in order to not leave her...he knew she was going to stay, with or without him and he needed to decide what he was more important to him...and I don't think he realized the magnitude of his decision until he came to the point of almost being beamed up by the Wraith that he realized that all could have been lost because he didn't want to leave Teyla behind....

there is one more scene, in the Siege Part 2..I think..or part one...when Teyla is attacked by the Wraith...we see John completely loosing it...when you think about it, I don't think we've seen a more determined John than this...to the point that even Ford questioned his actions...not even when Rodney and Weir were being held at gunpoint did he react this way...he chose not to kill Koyla...instead he wounded him...but to this Wraith, who could have given them so much information, he killed cold blooded and without mercy or remorse...

So, again Season 1 established a significant foundation for both John and Teyla...it started with a simple invitation....offered by Teyla in which John stepped forward and responded....a blinded and risky trust that they both laid on the floor unknowing where it would lead either of them, yet both willing and actively complying to take the risk...and during the entire season...there were little incidents that tested time and time again this bond and trust, and in each event not only did they both passed the "test" but they ties and bond formed even stronger between them making this relationship unique and unbreakable....

Okay...PHEW...not on to Season 2!
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey Terry, just click the link at the bottom of my sig for the link to my fanfic page. LOL, isn't reading fanfic fun. It's the best kind of free books out there, especially with the wonderful writers out there.

So, again Season 1 established a significant foundation for both John and Teyla...it started with a simple invitation....offered by Teyla in which John stepped forward and responded....a blinded and risky trust that they both laid on the floor unknowing where it would lead either of them, yet both willing and actively complying to take the risk...and during the entire season...there were little incidents that tested time and time again this bond and trust, and in each event not only did they both passed the "test" but they ties and bond formed even stronger between them making this relationship unique and unbreakable....
                              Camy, I love how you put that, it truely symbolizes their relationship. What started out as a risk has turned into this beautiful friendship... Ahhh, the ramblings of a hopeless romantic! Wonderful post Camy!

On a new catch for our ship, I suddenly got to thinking about the sparring sessions, they were meant to symbolize the sexual tension between Shep and Teyla, I know that was official stated somewhere, right? Anyway... something about that is what I was thinking, but for the life of me I can't come up with anything.

So here's the challenge I have for everyone, write one word to describe the energy or the tension in the room when Shep and Teyla are sparring. Think "Hot Zone" style, thought "Conversion" works too.
                              Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Okay, I'm unveiling my LJ. I haven't added anything Shep/Teyla yet but it's there now. The whole melpomene thing was taken so I went with http://museoftears.livejournal.com

Comment

Working...
                                X