No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=vaberella]Welcome fates4jt.....oooh another newbie!! How are..?! Keep in mind I'm a newbie too....just found about this site about 3 weeks ago..

GUYS?!? It's gonna be my one month anniversary in like a couple of days...we have to a have a party.

Now on to the serious part of your discussion...I love conversations like this because it gets me to talk and talk and talk....

For pretty much everything you have said I am in complete agreement. I'm basically shep and teyla. You definitely see their relationship and this odd immediate connection between the two of them. And for her to move from saying that they dont' trade ('Rising') and after he smiles and makes strange comments for her to invite them to a 'stout tea' of her people..that says a lot from what I gather. For a woman who I sense doesn't trust easily, readily opened up her village to him. And then to further take him to the location her people kept secret or that place where they found the necklace...why would she do that? There was no gain for her...maybe some information for him...so that's very interesting to look at.

Thanks for such a warm welcome Vabrella, I really appreciate it . However, I’ve posted here before, but it was so long ago the memory of it is very faint.

I’m so glad that you like discussing Shep/Teyla topics like this because with all of the analyzing that goes on we end up finding the little things with meaning concerning them.

In regard to the lack of shipper moments between these two, I like you, would love to see more of them together but, of course, to a certain degree for now.

While writing that passage I had a feeling that it might send out a message of me wanting them to be together right away. Oh no,no,no,no,no…that’s the last thing I want. This would translate into a quick ending to any romantic relationship that develops from the jump because I know the writers would have no where to go years down the road.

As for Elizabeth, you make a very good point. I’m sure I’m just reading more into what I see; She is a caring person, and she has exhibited that quality to everyone she works with; so, you’re absolutely right ,in that, it’s just not John she treats like this. In fact I remember, in one episode, when she tried to get Ronan to open up by sitting down next to him while she was on a lunch break. So the more I think about it, she does have this motherly like caring quality to her….always worrying about everyone.

Now on to the meat and potatoes of the matter; in the “Letters from Pegasus” that scene hit me like a punch to the stomach; they looked and sounded so much like a married couple, it was magical; but I digress.

It’s obvious that Teyla sees the potential in John, who’s a good man, to be even better; and that’s why she challenges him whenever he takes the one-sided perspective on things. He wanted to leave the people from the village behind because he thought they didn’t have any time left, and in his eyes they no longer had the option to stay and wait, and although he griped about wanting to leave, Teyla with her good conscious and faith, in them making it, kept him from leaving.

As for John’s, “What else do you want from me?” the frustration I heard in his retort was one I interpreted as him wanting nothing more than to meet her needs, but the responsibility on his shoulders to make sure they both came out alive and unharmed weighed more on his mind; and Teyla’s, “too much I fear” response in turn, totally supports my view.

You see other than being the man in charge as a military officer, he’s a big kid inside also…a stubborn one who’s use to getting what he wants, and one that loves to misbehave especially when it comes to those who allow him to. Teyla has observed this, but yet she strongly believes that if she doesn’t enable his behavior by coddling him he will become more of the man she envisions; unfortunately, with the stress of the situation, she lost sight of her views on John; as a result, those words were uttered. But I’m sure she’s rescinded them since then.

Now if part of the explanation for Teyla’s cool demeanor towards John has to do with her traditions then it’s an idea that should be pursued further because it’s an excellent way to get him involved profoundly with another culture; yes he’s been exposed to other; never because he was willingly open in learning or simply being apart of something unique and new.
    All of his interactions with various societies have currently been just means to an end; hence, his exposure, so far, has been on a superficial level. So having him eventually smarten up and start pursuing Teyla romantically will take him out of his comfort zone by having him take part in some of the aspects of her world. It’ll have to happen, it’s inevitable because in assessing Teyla being involved with her would mean being apart of her traditions. She’s not going to assimilate completely into John’s culture and I don’t expect him to give up completely on who he his either but in order to give him a little bit more depth I would love to see him one day listening intently to Teyla teaching him certain elements of her heritage.

So far all we’ve seen is his bravado, and that’s totally okay, for now at least, because were learning about who he is, but in the next few years I would definitely like to see more progression with his character; and I know that Teyla is the appropriate avenue to take in this. Because from what I’ve seen so far she definitely has an affect on John, and I believe in some way he is aware of it; and he’s probably a little afraid of it because he’s so use to living with that devil may care attitude. However, here he is now working side by side with this wonderful woman with so much knowledge to share; one who’s not use to nor impressed with the way in how he usually approaches certain issues; a lady whose conviction, purpose and compassion has a tendency to bring out the humbler side in him; with this all in mind, (imo) it’s ultimately the best way to bring them closer together.

Comment

guys guys!!!
      eee...thats a little tooooo much for me at a time....hmmm...be understanding for a poor girl from the other side of the ocean....the idea is great, but I must sign in to the yahoo tv groups yes?? or what?? I'm a little lost now...

btw....It's the whole sunday. Yeah?? ...Cos it's for me 6 h time difference...

Comment

Originally posted by Annie Sheppard
        guys guys!!!
        eee...thats a little tooooo much for me at a time....hmmm...be understanding for a poor girl from the other side of the ocean....the idea is great, but I must sign in to the yahoo tv groups yes?? or what?? I'm a little lost now...

btw....It's the whole sunday. Yeah?? ...Cos it's for me 6 h time difference...
        Just sign up for Yahoo... www.yahoo.com The go to groups, and find it, or follow a link someone puts up. When it says log in, do that, cause groups are a member thing.

If we go to Omega, I suppose we have to sign up for that too, no? Someone has to post a link then, cause I have no hankering to go a huntin'

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
          Hi, everyone! As Camy mentioned, I'm co-hosting a John/Teyla Valentine's Party to celebrate their relationship. Here's the flyer I made:

You're invited to the John and Teyla Valentine's Party!

Where:

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/joh...guid=170676768
          (The johnandteyla yahoo PG-13 group)
          And

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_john_teyla/
          (the sga_john_teyla LJ)

When: Sunday, Feb 12th, all day. (since the 14th is a work day.)

What's planned: We have games, new banners, icons, fic, and other fun goodies!

What you have to bring: yourself!

If you want to bring along new creative goodness celebrating the wonder and romance that is "John and Teyla", spectacular! Premiere your works of art, stories or vids, anything creative, on the list and the LJ all day on Sunday, the 12th. We ask that things posted to the list be PG-13 and under, but if you have something with a higher rating, just post a link with a ratings warning.No problem.

Join the party and let's have a fun, romantic day!

See you there!

**Now, I have some games planned, fic challenges based on JT, icons, banners and have been promised some other really cool goodies premiering on this day.

Join us for the fun if you can. Bring along any stories, etc, that you want to show off. Links are fine. If you aren't on the list, you can post to the LJ. I'm going to try my darndest to post games, etc., to both at almost the same times. You can even recommend/post links to your older stuff if you think most people haven't seen them and can post links to cool new stuff you've found--just include ratings warnings if anything is over PG-13 since we have some young kids on our list.

Hope you all come out to the party!

DM.

**Camy, I like your schedule. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
          sounds fun! count me in. why don't they show what time of year it is or what holiday it is in sg-1 and atlantis? I wonder if john would get Teyla anything for valentine's day

Comment

Originally posted by mishy91
            sounds fun! count me in. why don't they show what time of year it is or what holiday it is in sg-1 and atlantis? I wonder if john would get Teyla anything for valentine's day

That's the whole point of the RPG mishy...did you pick to be someone? So many characters are free....and then you can help in deciding what to do about our fave couple into getting together!
            vB
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
              That's the whole point of the RPG mishy...did you pick to be someone? So many characters are free....and then you can help in deciding what to do about our fave couple into getting together!
              vB
              I hate being new because I don't much! lol But whats RPG?

Comment

Here Mishy91 and anyone else interested: Here's a list [RPG stands for Role Playing Game], you choose a character and your set to play in place of that character; so what would you do in that character's place. But the goal is to hook up teyla and John and we can work in teams to set this up. After a scenario is done we take turns creating a new scenario and play the roles again....maybe even change up characters to keep it funny and exciting. CR= Capt. Ritter decided he'd write a fanfic for each scenario pretty much documentign we've done in the RPG.....

CR...but I'm a bit worried about the newbies and keeping up with all the links. So I'm gonna post here so it would be more convenient for them in the long run....tonight I'll be doing the final list and creating the link..so we can start..once I post my little ditty.
                VB

Okay that's great..your Teyla...
                Updated 4:45 pm eastern 2/9/6
                Weir=VB
                Teyla= Sanssong
                John=Cpt. Ritter
                McKay=Athosian Girl
                Zalenka= Gatelover12
                Beckett= HyperCaz
                Lorne=Annie Sheppard
                Ronon=?
                Kate Heightmeyer=Witchyblade
                Cadman=?
                Wraith=?---I guess there's many people who can be one of them...probably Camy might want to resurrect Bob and Steve..Hahahha!!
                Wraith 1: You need a name AG for your Wraith: AthosianGirl: You may have to make a choice...
                Sora= Only because I like sora...
                Kolya=?
                Ford=
                Chaya= Kip_Cathey_Furlings_Are_Cats
                Bates=
                Mist Aliens=

CR talk to annie and see if she'll change/ AG you may have to choose if we run out....Hahha!

Okay this is how this works....On our regular chats...or I hope to be our regular chats..or just on here..I will state a scenario or a mission...and as we go along everyone has an input and puts the actions and what goes on....think of it like a sort of Reality-TV-RPG-Live Fanfic....you never know...TPTB might read it and get a laugh out of it....

Do you guys think that Gateworld will let us start our own RPG--for Shep/Teyla Romance?
                Last edited by vaberella; 09 February 2006, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Hi everyone, John and Teyla Smiles for everyone! I hope everyone is having a happy shippy day. For me it's been a very happy shippy day.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Good evening, boys and girls...

Hey Ebony Wolf...I'll adopt the first two smilies...

So where are we doing this RPG?...
                    You know we've got to get this show on the road, Shep and Teyla need to be together...---> ....don't they look adorable?....

The links for stargateomega....

STARGATEOMEGA

STARGATEOMEGA: SHEPPARD/TEYLA THREAD

And making this legit....something i did awhile ago for Cpt. Ritter...

R.I.P Wraithlord
                    Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Vaberella, can I be Koyla or maybe Zelenka?

Comment

Here Mishy91 and anyone else interested: Here's a list [RPG stands for Role Playing Game], you choose a character and your set to play in place of that character; so what would you do in that character's place. But the goal is to hook up teyla and John and we can work in teams to set this up. After a scenario is done we take turns creating a new scenario and play the roles again....maybe even change up characters to keep it funny and exciting. CR= Capt. Ritter decided he'd write a fanfic for each scenario pretty much documentign we've done in the RPG.....

CR...but I'm a bit worried about the newbies and keeping up with all the links. So I'm gonna post here so it would be more convenient for them in the long run....tonight I'll be doing the final list and creating the link..so we can start..once I post my little ditty.
                        VB
                        Link to SGO
                        http://www.stargateomega.com/forum/

It works just like GW, only smaller and we have a shipper in the mods, "Futura".

Ooops, guess Witchy got to it first. Aye, that cap is perfect, John needs to work on his kissing strategy though.
                        Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Done...omega it is...Ritter want to start the thread there and bring back the link...

Gatelover you are now Zalenka!

Comment

Let me talk to the mods and get back to you.

Comment

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE! We have a home! Signing up now. *dances*

Comment

The "Owen Marci" said it's fine for us to just use our thread, since we have pretty much free reigh there to bring out Steve and Bob, so let's plan on posting there.

Here's a link
                                http://www.stargateomega.com/forum/s...ted=1#post8107

If you look back a bit, you'll find a four or five hour marathon that Mel and I did on New Years Eve... that was fun. AG, and Camy showed up, but weren't there for as long, I don't remember if anyone else showed up.

We can just post this alongside the usual madness that ensues, and we won't get yelled at.

Comment

Working...
                                X