No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't think "38 Minutes" had that much ship in it. It had some great looks between the two. But nothing else. Tomorrows ep was a little more shippy. I'm going to try to get my T/J fanfic started this week sometime so I can post it during our little celebration.
    Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

With all this discussion about 38 minutes I had to go and watch it again. I have a few days off work and thought I would spend some time watching my favourite Atlantis episodes.

38 minutes and Conversion have to be firm favourites. I loved every minute of 38 minutes and Teylas concern for John was so apparent from the very first scene. They have such a wonderful connection and easy going and natural friendship. John never seems to turn on the charm to get his own way like he does with Weir. He is always honest and caring of Teylas feelings.

The kiss in Conversion really made me aware how much of a spark these two have with each other. There was so much passion and desire in that kiss and even though Teyla was a bit stunned by Johns actions she didn't look that put out. I really look foward to lots of John and Teyla interaction in season three and as much as I enjoy their friendship would love to see their relationship evolve into something more.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bella
        38mins

Spoiler:
        I like this one. It's so cute.
        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Are you kidding me? I think 38 minutes was very shippy! but then again, I have extra focused shippy glasses..if anything it showed Teyla's great concern and care for John and vice versa...even in pain John was always worrying about Teyla and making sure she was alright...and you can't help bu wonder if he was going to say something about Teyla when he thought he was dying!

You are right, it wasn't a confession of love...it couldn't have been...but again, the foundation of this relationship, was there and very much in progression....it has to start with something....the fact that only after been in Atlantis for such a short amount of time, and then to realize that in the next episode Teyla is staying, you have to add the two pieces together to see that there is something brewing in there....even if what you think is just a pure platonic development, it's one that is deep and goes beyond any other relationship in and out of Atlantis for these two...JUst my opinion!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kaeyla
            I feel that this Sheppard/teyla ship is not what I would like to see on SGA- I think they would much better team mates than partners- anythingelse would take the edge off their colleague efficiency- they make wonderful friends, people that that can rely on each other in times of danger, but I feel they are two really different people entirely to become life partners. i like what we have already got with Sheppaed and Teyla.
            Well hello and much of the welcome wagon has come out...they forgot me at home.

Well first, this thread is pro Shep/Teyla. So if you like them together this is the place for you, although of course those who like friendship are also very welcome. I would assume based on your statements that those qualities within their friendship would make the best relationship.

Why wouldn't people who can depend on each other as teammates, and rely one another not fit as life long partners? They've already established that bond and that connection as you say. And why would two different people not make good life partners...?

I ask this because it's like saying because I'm black and he's white then we woudln't be good together because we are so different?! It's like saying because I come from China and he comes from Poland we wouldn't be good together because we're so different. To say because I come from the big city and New York I wouldn't be able to have a really meaningful relationship with someone who's from the backwoods of Colorado. I think it's a bit ridiculous to assume that because people are so different in so many ways they coldn't have a meaningful relationship, which has been disproven in so many ways in our reality.

To say, you think they have a good friendship based on all these qualities and then to say they wouldn't work as partners because their so different is an oxymoron. I thought first off, that would forge an even stronger relationship because of these differences, because that beyond their difference in looks, heritage, religion, ideals; they respect one another and still rely on one another despite that. Why would I trust someone who is so different than me?! Or better yet why would Teyla or John?! It wouldn't make sense...because they could never really trust each other, because that person would be so different from themselves. I think that defense is fairly weak in the outlook of things.

We've established that they depend on one another, they trust one another implicitly and both have stated as much to one another, to other's dissenting views. They would have put both their lives on the line for each other. I would think that would result in a great relationship---someting incomparable. Further more even in their disagreements they have come to a middle ground...a balance. What would make that such a poor match up?!

VB
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
              WAIT, are you talking about this? NAH!

That's not her hip! That's her rear! It's a little lower! MUCH LOWER!

Darn it, if it wasn't that he's so hot, she'd probably beat the crap out of him!
              What in tarnation are you guys seeing....?! Let's not turn this into another shippy delusional threads that we're surrounded by on this board.

First pic in the 'cockpit' of 38 minutes that's his knee she's touching and I don't remember her touching his hips. As for the part where their running, his arm reaches out for her to grasp onto his arm..but he doesn't touch anything...not her hip or her derriere. No no no no no!!! It's in the air stretched out to grasp her and help her up the hill..she as have a bit of trouble with that. But it was bloody nice of him to do that..!

Originally posted by Padme18
              I didn't think "38 Minutes" had that much ship in it. It had some great looks between the two. But nothing else. Tomorrows ep was a little more shippy. I'm going to try to get my T/J fanfic started this week sometime so I can post it during our little celebration.
              I'm with Padme18 on this one. I saw more all over H&S than I saw in 38 Minutes....lets just say my attention was really focused on crap leadership. But what can you do....?! And when Kavanaugh is on screen he's a show stealer really!!

But I will say this, I did like the J/T friendship angle towards the end. Man that was deep....I can't imagine a petite little thing like Teyla carrying a guy who is a foot taller than her and about 80lbs heavier through the gate...she's dieing under his weight but she's doing it. And she was by his side when they were bringing him back. That's appreciation and I give the friendship all around for everyone on the team a thumbs up. I'm not saying this is shippy in the sense of shippy romance. But it's very friendship shippy!

VB
              Last edited by vaberella; 24 May 2006, 11:35 AM.
              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

OOOOOOHHHH kaeyla... that's a really great attitude, truely rare on the forum. Me personally, I believe the best romantic relationships are those based on true friendship first... then taken to the next step. I've heard alot of my friends talk about how you should never as your friends (of the opposite gender... in my case girls) out.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THAT, partially because if I don't know you... I tend to shy away from talking to you, partially because I just don't see how it can work.

We're supposed to be having a serious discussion, but madness tends to set in quickly. So sit back, drink some virtual hot chocolat and have some virtual cookies. Hey Annie, BP... do we have links for the Major Shippy moments in Season 2... I know we're working on one but I think kaeyla has to see them... should do all the convincing we need.
                Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

This is me running behind on the schedule for JT episodes but truth is I probably will post my things late due to the fact that I have a major paper tow write, finals next week and I'm going to be outta town this weekend...

That being said I love the sigs and wallpapers that have been created...don't have time to ind. give out my wowzas so here is a bulk FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Okay here is my 'Rising' contribution:

Comment

Okay here was a quickie creation for 'Suspicion' made with Warrior's caps via Camy's post!

Comment

Okay last one then I'm caught up!

'38 Minutes'

Made with the cap where Shep has a hand on Teyla's hip to help her up the hill...such a gent!

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
                        Okay here was a quickie creation for 'Suspicion' made with Warrior's caps via Camy's post!

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/3916/sus7zh.jpg
                        Oh WOW...i luv them all...not enough screens to have them up all at once...but...that's okay...

I specially liked this one....the pic on the right is so cute...it really has that sense of that he got 'caught looking'....hehehe.....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                        Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

38 Mins WP!!

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip

Hmm. Doesn't look like she's touching his "hip" to me. Heyyy, I didn't say anything about touching that. Get your minds outta the gutter. LOL. Looks more like she's touching his knee to me.

Comment

I couldn't resist captioning this one...
                              Originally posted by majortrip
                              '38 Minutes':
                              Teyla: (to McKay) Stop whining and get this bug off him!
                              John: Uh, Teyla could you stop shining that light in my face?
                              Ford: (thinking to himself) I really hate bugs...and small spaces. Where's the emergency exit on this thing?

Originally posted by Doxymom
                              While comforting John in the Jumper, what was Teyla thinking? What did she whisper to John while no one else was close?
                              The first thought I had was football since Hide and Seek was still in my mind from yesterday! It makes sense since Teyla knows that is something he likes and it would take his mind off the mutant bug stuck to his neck. Teyla did a nice toss of the bug at the end too. She must have learned something from watching the game in the last ep! Another hail mary!

I only have one siggy for 38 minutes...

And a late icon for Hide and Seek...

Great art everyone!
                              Sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                                Why do you think Teyla was willing and the first to volunteer to go through the event horizon with John? Would she have done the same for any other.....she was willing to risk his life and die with him! Let me know your thoughts...

I don't think Teyla would have just volunteered that quickly for the others. I think John is and always has been special to her. He's a big part of the reason she's in Atlantis at all. Her concern for him throughout this ep is just plain to see in every word, facial expression and action. 38 Minutes in one more in a LONG chain of solid evidence that J/T have been connected romanticly since the first meeting.

Comment

Working...
                                X