No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope so, too, Jodi. There's been next to no backstory on either John or Teyla so far.

*groan* This would be the single worst possible weekend for me to get sick – I have a jazz band gig on Monday in New York City. (Hey, if anyone's nearby, it's in the church on 92nd and Broadway at 7:30 PM. I'm the only woman in the ensemble... lol.) But, of course, I had to develop a nasty cough during tonight's rehearsal... Had to happen sooner or later. One of my sisters has a sinus infection, my dad just got over pneumonia, and my other sister is getting sick, too. *sigh* I guess it's my turn. [/kvetch]

Anyway, I'm off to get some sleep and hope I'm not sick come Monday night. Adiós!

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
      I hope so, too, Jodi. There's been next to no backstory on either John or Teyla so far.

*groan* This would be the single worst possible weekend for me to get sick – I have a jazz band gig on Monday in New York City. (Hey, if anyone's nearby, it's in the church on 92nd and Broadway at 7:30 PM. I'm the only woman in the ensemble... lol.) But, of course, I had to develop a nasty cough during tonight's rehearsal... Had to happen sooner or later. One of my sisters has a sinus infection, my dad just got over pneumonia, and my other sister is getting sick, too. *sigh* I guess it's my turn. [/kvetch]

Anyway, I'm off to get some sleep and hope I'm not sick come Monday night. Adiós!
      Hi, I'm new to this thread, nice to meet y'all. I have some interesting takes on this ship, so hopefully you will hear me through. (Hope you feel better soon, CeeKay!) I am a musician myself, so I can comiserate with you.

Great Sig by Bella

Comment

Thanks everyone...I'll see if I can do another one...here it is in an icon...don't know if it's any good though cause it's small....still learning...ehehehehehe

for those interested I did two nice ones of Teyla and posted them on the Teyla WOW thread...
        sigpic

Comment

OH, Mr. Fantastic...WELCOME! Can't wait to read what you have to write about John and Teyla...we are very low key here...I am one of the most sane and proper person around here...and just cause I'm in a good mood...here is a goodie just for you! WELCOME!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard

On the J/T front, when they say backstory I'm not holding my breathe, I just try to think positive cause I'd really like to see something from both of them, cause after 'Epiphany' it's well...

Good luck on Monday, hope you don't get sick and you're able to play. hope your sister and dad get better quickly.

Night...

Originally posted by Mr_Fantastic
            Hi, I'm new to this thread, nice to meet y'all. I have some interesting takes on this ship, so hopefully you will hear me through. (Hope you feel better soon, CeeKay!) I am a musician myself, so I can comiserate with you.
            Welcome!!!...We always love to hear what everyone has to say, we're equal opportunity in here...

Camy, I love the icon. You're on a roll tonight. I'm working on something for Shep and Teyla using that pic...

R.I.P Wraithlord
            Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Excellent Pics, Camy!

Great Sig by Bella

Comment

What a great discussion yesterday everyone! I know this was a long way back, but I'll add my reason for shipping John and Teyla. It was all about their first meeting in Rising that did it for me. There seemed to be an immediate connection between them and also respect. They have such a great chemistry together and there was just an instant bond from the beginning between them. As for ever seeing them actually get together in the show, I would guess it would never happen. The whole fun in it is the journey anyway and once they actually pair them, it is hard to know where to go from there. I am more than happy to just sit back with my shipper glasses and enjoy though! As for the different ships, when I first came on GW, I saw them just as fun ways for fans to get involved in the show. As everyone has said, I don't see why this should be held against anyone. If their was only one ship, this forum would be a very dull place! I love to see all the ships people come up with and of course the unique names they all give themselves!

Ah, and now just have to say Witchy and now Camy who has the sig...GREAT! I still have to find time to check out all the fan fics too! I think the world needs to take a time out for GW so everyone can catch up!
                Sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Thank you...glad you like them...I had to find something quick..and these were handy....Annie is the best at this....

Thanks Witchy..but you can't really see the words....oh, well....maybe I'll do another one tonight..hehehehehe
                  sigpic

Comment

Great points Spectrum...

yeah, I do see what you mean about it being dull if there was only one ship or something....I guess what makes it horrible is the ship wars..

and I would hate it to affect the show....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spectrum
                      What a great discussion yesterday everyone! I know this was a long way back, but I'll add my reason for shipping John and Teyla. It was all about their first meeting in Rising that did it for me. There seemed to be an immediate connection between them and also respect. They have such a great chemistry together and there was just an instant bond from the beginning between them. As for ever seeing them actually get together in the show, I would guess it would never happen. The whole fun in it is the journey anyway and once they actually pair them, it is hard to know where to go from there. I am more than happy to just sit back with my shipper glasses and enjoy though! As for the different ships, when I first came on GW, I saw them just as fun ways for fans to get involved in the show. As everyone has said, I don't see why this should be held against anyone. If their was only one ship, this forum would be a very dull place! I love to see all the ships people come up with and of course the unique names they all give themselves!

Ah, and now just have to say Witchy and now Camy who has the sig...GREAT! I still have to find time to check out all the fan fics too! I think the world needs to take a time out for GW so everyone can catch up!
                      Great points, Spectrum. Variety is the spice of life after all.

Thanks...glad you liked the siggy.

Here's my take on the 'Coup de'tat' pic...

Oh you need weeks on end just to catch up with GW...it goes a mile a mintue at times.......

Oh Camy, you know the words aren't important......I just really love the effects you do to the pics...

R.I.P Wraithlord
                      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Hi all! Just popping in to say hello and nod to all the newbies I see here. I should be busy writing, but I've gotten distracted today and didn't do much of anything. Ah well.... Love that pic you did Camy it was great! I may try my hand at making a wallpaper out of it too.

Hugs!

Comment

Oh, Witchy....if it wasn't that I love my new sig..I would take that one as well...but I have to also put in the other one that I want for Teyla...i have to figure out that rotating sig thing..not enough time in the day...
                          anyways, I"ve been catching up on fics..and I found a new writer...you guys might now it already, but you know me ....i'm a bit slow...anyways, I"ve read two already and both are John and Teyla and there are a total of 4 fics..so I think they are J/T as well..go and check out all of them...here is the link to one of them from Conversion...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2866109/1/ written by....jtjaforever

Thanks Sanssong...can't wait to read the next chappie and give thepic a try...it's always fun...night...
                          sigpic

Comment

guys i can never find the story im looking for can you guys give me the link to the story Gemini thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fantastic
                              Wooohooo..new member. Welcome Mr. Fantastic to the humble abodeo of the John/Teyla shippers and we're willing to chat with anyone who's up for a great debate...made in complete commarderie...even if we can get a bit terse..who ever's a member here is cool with the other..or I think we are. No offense is ever taken....or maybe there is... Anyway I'd love to hear your input and stand point on the topic..a fresh new view is always welcome and definitely aids in the talk...

By the way Vabulicious is back!!! Wooohooo!!!

Lovin'

Originally posted by Camy
                              There's a new Teyla interview in the Wow thread...go and check it out..it's from a german site....it is interesting because now there is no doubt in my mind that Teyla will have a new love...but I'm wondering if it's about that episode that we've mentioned with the fat guy that has everyone mesmerized and she is just teasing us with that one...or if there just might be a bit of a spark between Michael and her like VB has suggested....it should be fun and interesting and it will certainly give us some insight has to her cultural practices when it comes to love....not to mention that I can just see a jealous John and even Ronon...hehehehehehe

Oh man Camy you keep taking my terms out of context. I don't think she'll ever pair up with Michael....I said if he wasn't a wraith he would have been my primary pic. But she wont' touch a Wraith with even a 10 foot pole, and it's reminiscint of what I've heard of the Baal/Sam shipping. I don't think it will happen, I'm saying if he wasn't who he was I'd prefer it.

I think she might be using the whole fat guy thing as a ploy...or there could be a surprise love interest which I dont' mind. If only Weir could get one...like a Janus copy or something.. I think all the ladies of SGA need to taste a little love outside of the SGA males...although ultimately I want John with Teyla, but I'm looking for more...it helps with fic dynamics too!
                              VB
                              Last edited by vaberella; 30 March 2006, 08:31 PM.
                              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Nice 2 meet ya .

Comment

Working...
                                X