Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
    Ok my turn...

1. Was it John that drew you to Teyla or Teyla that drew you to John? Essentially, which one do you like best?
    2. Why do you think they're so good together? What makes them click/work?
    3. Was there an episode where you just didn't like one of them??
    I'm going to answer these questions as well are they are great questions..

1. I like both of them but John is my favourite character but I like them even better together.. they bring out the best in each other.

2. Both have amazing qualities and a lot of similaries which made them perfect for each other.. they connect on every level and seem to have a natural understanding of each other. From the first moment they were introduced to each other it seemed obvious that they were destined to be togother and I'm pretty convinced that will happen..

3. There were episodes that I didn't like how they were written. Millers Crossing is an example for John.. I hated how he was written in that ep... I disliked how Teyla was written during most of the baby storyline.. I think the writers displayed how little they understood the charcter they created and didn't even bother to keep the writing consistant.

2nd questions...

1. Had they gotten together on the show, what kind of life in the long-term do you think they would have had?
    2. Do you think that John's dream of being with Teyla in S&R meant that he was still waiting for her in some way?
    3. Do you think that Teyla would be with Kanaan if it weren't for Torren?

1. I think they would have lived a long and full life... I think they would have continued to fight the Wraith/or whatever enemy was around and only retired due to getting older.. They would have brought up their children to be strong open minded, adventerous individuals who displayed the best of both their cultures.

2. Oh definitley.. I think John always thought he would end up with Teyla but the timing hadn't been right. I think he's withdrawn a little from her but hasn't given up that they will be together one day...

3. No.. I don't think Teyla ever intended to spend her days with Kanaan.. he was a close friend and in a moment of grief or lonliness she became intimate with him.. but hadn't planned to have a child with him or spend her life with him.. but she's trying to do the best thing for Torren at the moment, but its quite obvious there is no real love between them.. I think in time both will realise that having a child together doesnt make a relationship work.. I think Kanaan would have to be blind not to notice the bond between John and Teyla as well..

New Questions...

1. Were the Athosians treated well by the expedition members from the beginning.... and why was John the only one who seemed to trust them..
    2. Was Teyla the voice of reason on the team and what other attributes to you associate with her.
    3. How soon did you think John and Teyla displayed real feelings for each other.. even if they tried to hide them.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh I forgot to say.. Lythisrose Thanks for the link..

I like the look of this movie.. much more than Changing Plans...
      sigpic

Comment

Lythisrose
        Thanks for the link... looks like a movie I actually might watch
        sigpic
        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
          Oh I forgot to say.. Lythisrose Thanks for the link..

I like the look of this movie.. much more than Changing Plans...
          After finally getting to see CoP, I would have to agree. I just hope that ToS won´t feel so rushed.
          It felt as if barely any scene was actually allowed to be played out in full and got cut. If that makes sense...
          But Joe is just made for action. He was wasted in CoP, imo.

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
          picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

We can only hope for the best that it will be a pretty decent movie haha...

Any word at all when it will air...???
            sigpic
            Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
              After finally getting to see CoP, I would have to agree. I just hope that ToS won´t feel so rushed.
              It felt as if barely any scene was actually allowed to be played out in full and got cut. If that makes sense...
              But Joe is just made for action. He was wasted in CoP, imo.
              Yup... definitley made for action.. and I agree about COP..

Waves to Nina..
              sigpic

Comment

Waves back to Blue

That's a huge problem when you have a favorite actor for example and they move on to other stuff...if you are used to seeing them as a specific genre and a specific character it's not always easy to see them in some other stuff... like some might not really like the cheesy stuff like Change of plans seems to be... we are pretty used to Joe being the action kind of guy *lol*

I have the same problem with my other favorite actor... everytime I've seen him in some other stuff he is most likely a bad boy... guess it's because his looks kinda gives that maybe...hahah yet in the show he is a action good cop...lol
                sigpic
                Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                  Waves back to Blue

That's a huge problem when you have a favorite actor for example and they move on to other stuff...if you are used to seeing them as a specific genre and a specific character it's not always easy to see them in some other stuff... like some might not really like the cheesy stuff like Change of plans seems to be... we are pretty used to Joe being the action kind of guy *lol*

I have the same problem with my other favorite actor... everytime I've seen him in some other stuff he is most likely a bad boy... guess it's because his looks kinda gives that maybe...hahah yet in the show he is a action good cop...lol

I know what you mean... I think Joe is better suited to action stuff.. I'm not saying he can't do the humour and other stuff as well.. but I'd rather it be incorporated into a more action packed movie/series... I'm not sure I'll ever like any other character as much as Sheppard...
                  sigpic

Comment

We can only hope for the best that it will be a pretty decent movie haha...

Any word at all when it will air...???
                    Only that it will air this year, I´m afraid. I hope it won´t be too long, looks like my kinda movie, lol.

Waves back to Blue

I´m actually fine with fave actors venturing into other types of movies, I think it makes it more intersting. Tbh, I had been looking forward to COP, thought the previews looked sweet. But the actual movie was a little disappointing. It just felt too rushed and that made it hard for me to relate to any of the characters and/or story. And the wife was miscasted. Or maybe Joe was . There was no chemistry and that is important, to me anyway. It needed time to develope but didn´t get it.

That doesn´t mean I don´t favor action though. All the way.
                    If Joe gets attached to another series, I´d rather it be TOS or the likes, than COP, that´s for sure.
                    Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                    I know what you mean... I think Joe is better suited to action stuff.. I'm not saying he can't do the humour and other stuff as well.. but I'd rather it be incorporated into a more action packed movie/series... I'm not sure I'll ever like any other character as much as Sheppard...
                    Yeah, same here. Though Brendan Dean runs a close second, hehe. There could be another runner up soon, though.

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                    picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Will have to see if I'm gonna watch Change of plans.. and The other side.. TV movies rearly gets over here in Sweden...so I'm not sure I will be able to ...I hope so atleast.. since I've seen most of Joe's stuff that he has done since he started out..

I really don't have either a problem with them venture into other stuff...I guess it depends on how well the movie or show is that seals the deal... but yeah Joe for me is best in action stuff... and also yes the chemistry is a must between then leading parts... I wonder if the movie would have felt different for you guys if it had been Rachel instead of Brooke White.. I can't say since I haven't seen it yet..so I can't say about the chemistry between them ...
                      sigpic
                      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Will have to see if I'm gonna watch Change of plans.. and The other side.. TV movies rearly gets over here in Sweden...so I'm not sure I will be able to ...I hope so atleast.. since I've seen most of Joe's stuff that he has done since he started out..

I really don't have either a problem with them venture into other stuff...I guess it depends on how well the movie or show is that seals the deal... but yeah Joe for me is best in action stuff... and also yes the chemistry is a must between then leading parts... I wonder if the movie would have felt different for you guys if it had been Rachel instead of Brooke White.. I can't say since I haven't seen it yet..so I can't say about the chemistry between them ...
                        I don't mind seeing Joe in other things but COP just didn't do it for me... I skipped over a lot of it because it didnt interest me... there was no chemistry between Joe nd Brooke White.. and they didnt come across as a believable couple to me..

I definitely would have enjoyed it more if Rachel had played the wife's character.. as Joe and Rachel have such great chemistry . but I don't think I would have liked the premise of the movie anymore though even with Rachel in it..
                        sigpic

Comment

Ahem, it is announcement time from me!!

For those of you keeping track of my writings, book two of my series, Ascension War, New Birth, has been updated with chapter 19, chapter title: Snowmane's Gambit, part one. It has referances to past events, which will be posted at some point in the furute. I hope. My muse is still hard at work on chapter 21, which will in a way, bring an end to New Birth and pave the way for New Beginnings, (book three)

I also updated a old favorite of mine that is a wild laugh a minute funfest. Please enjoy!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I've just watched the episode of Warehouse13 with Joe in it.... he looked soo cute... great episode and Warehouse13 is fast becoming one of the fav shows...
                            sigpic

Comment

I thought I would pop in with a fic update:

I have not got around to typing up and editing the rest of A Wish Yet to Come but what have done in the mean time is this:

Started writing the squeal or rather fan fiction that takes place in the time frame of the last bit of A Wish Yet to Come.

Then I started writing A Leap to Atlantis (SGA/Quantum Leap crossover). It only has one scene right now and Teyla doesn't say anything in it but it's short.

Now the other day I started writing Torren Snatchers so that is a total of 3 fan fictions I have going on at one time and as far as I can remember the most I have ever had going on at one time.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Have fun writing, planet_tv!

Comment

Working...
                                X