X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    ahem..........

GUYS!!!

I'm not one to complain, normally, but, I am one of the few people that are somewhat infuriated, or rather, kinda bummed actually. That a book I want to buy, I cannot get (no money to do so), it is sold out at our bookstores here where I live.

So, that said, can you guys PLEASE keep any Death Game related discussion to Baya and not on here? I recive email alerts from this thread every time a post is made. And the spoilers are only marked *spoilers* */spoliers* and nothing more. It kinda gives away the story for me and i'd liek to read it for myself at some point.

Thanks!
    Awinita, people either love you or hate you. But I understand you and so I love you...

That being said. Sorry, we have the right to comment in here about anything that is John and Teyla related. The novels comes straight from TPTB and so it relates to SGA. Death Game is heavily John and Teyla and like Blue said not everyone here cares or has a LJ comment. So, they have the right to come and share their thoughts about Death Game, here as well.

That being said, I guess you really have two choices: Take off your email alerts. Or like Blue suggested, to have others put behind spoilers all being said about Death Game, but I think that's been done already.

Hope that helps.
    sigpic

Comment

Finally saw the poster, Sci. I think it's a horror-comedy film.

It's certainly going to be one of those weird movies. I just wished he'd find something here in the states and not have to go abroad.
      sigpic

Comment

First off a short list of things on my mind right now for my last post to explain it a bit one would say.
        1. Blue & Jeyla, you guys are right, I should not have spouted off like I did, so I apologise for my actions, (see reason at heading #2, below)
        2. It is Cautionary Week for those within my home and line of sight (twice now I accidently injured somebody) Basically I'm rather irked off right now about something and sometimes it comes here to gateworld with me, when I intend to leave my anger at the front door it follows me right her to gateworld.
        3. Cautionary Week is only amiplied by the fact some of my things are missing, and I haven't been able to locate them yet, so yeah, you can imagine, half your stuff gone without any clue to where it could be. Its madness I tell you!
        4. You guys are doing in spoilers, so that is good and works well, I can't remove email alerts because otherwise I wont know what is posted, or if someone want sme
        5. Again I aplogise for my outburst.
        6. I shall (hopefully) soon be part of the conversation! I keep feeling liek the odd cat out in the pile, left to the cold nights, this will not last!!
        7. Lastly..... I HAVE FINISHED NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH ON 14 NOVEMBER!!!!
        8. I'll shut up now

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

ahem..........

GUYS!!!

I'm not one to complain, normally, but, I am one of the few people that are somewhat infuriated, or rather, kinda bummed actually. That a book I want to buy, I cannot get (no money to do so), it is sold out at our bookstores here where I live.

So, that said, can you guys PLEASE keep any Death Game related discussion to Baya and not on here? I recive email alerts from this thread every time a post is made. And the spoilers are only marked *spoilers* */spoliers* and nothing more. It kinda gives away the story for me and i'd liek to read it for myself at some point.

Thanks!
          First off a short list of things on my mind right now for my last post to explain it a bit one would say.
          1. Blue & Jeyla, you guys are right, I should not have spouted off like I did, so I apologise for my actions, (see reason at heading #2, below)
          2. It is Cautionary Week for those within my home and line of sight (twice now I accidently injured somebody) Basically I'm rather irked off right now about something and sometimes it comes here to gateworld with me, when I intend to leave my anger at the front door it follows me right her to gateworld.
          3. Cautionary Week is only amiplied by the fact some of my things are missing, and I haven't been able to locate them yet, so yeah, you can imagine, half your stuff gone without any clue to where it could be. Its madness I tell you!
          4. You guys are doing in spoilers, so that is good and works well, I can't remove email alerts because otherwise I wont know what is posted, or if someone want sme
          5. Again I aplogise for my outburst.
          6. I shall (hopefully) soon be part of the conversation! I keep feeling liek the odd cat out in the pile, left to the cold nights, this will not last!!
          7. Lastly..... I HAVE FINISHED NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH ON 14 NOVEMBER!!!!
          8. I'll shut up now
          *puts mommy hat on*
          GOOD THING YOU APOLOGIZED YOUNG GIRL!!! Otherwise I'd have to find a way to put you over my knee.

My suggestion.... If you're in a fowl mood... don't post until you get a better attitude. If my boys are like that, they get sent to their room to cool down before they get to say anything to anyone else. I don't care what the excuse is. I am sorry that your things are misplace or missing, but that is no reason to act like that. It's like watching a child having a temper tantrum.
          You are NOT the only one that hasn't gotten their book... hence another reason why we put our comments in "spoilers". I understand your issue with the email,but there is nothing we personally can do about that.... I love ya.... but be a big girl and start acting like one!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
            Finally saw the poster, Sci. I think it's a horror-comedy film.

It's certainly going to be one of those weird movies. I just wished he'd find something here in the states and not have to go abroad.
            Yeah... that's what I'm worried about. It kinda reminds me of Zombieland, The Blob... and so on. I know people want him to be in all kinds of things... and there is nothing wrong with that, but he should make sure what he stars in, especial if he's the main actor,somethig that is not going to bring his good name down. IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
              *puts mommy hat on*
              GOOD THING YOU APOLOGIZED YOUNG GIRL!!! Otherwise I'd have to find a way to put you over my knee.

My suggestion.... If you're in a fowl mood... don't post until you get a better attitude. If my boys are like that, they get sent to their room to cool down before they get to say anything to anyone else. I don't care what the excuse is. I am sorry that your things are misplace or missing, but that is no reason to act like that. It's like watching a child having a temper tantrum.
              You are NOT the only one that hasn't gotten their book... hence another reason why we put our comments in "spoilers". I understand your issue with the email,but there is nothing we personally can do about that.... I love ya.... but be a big girl and start acting like one!
              I'm a Princess, and therfore can do as i like when I like...... wait, no, that;s Lake One, not me, *facepalms* Anywho, Yes Iplan on buying the book very soon, but I've now questions about one of the older books. namely Entanglement.

What did you guys think of the characters in that story? I have it, so we can keep it out of spoilers

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I haven't read any of the other novels of SGA only now that I'm reading Death Game and the Legacy series that I had the honor of previewing straight from the writers. *feels blessed*

I think the Mommy Thread crown should be handed down to Lea, now. Everyone in favor, shout "I".

I'm much too softy compared to you!

Good thing though. Kids need to be straightened and disciplined correctly. I think that's what I lacked with my boys. But when I take out the bat....Oh, yeah!!!! WATCH OUT!

Or the evil stare....Oh, that kills them on impact!

Anywho....Awinita....just remember that this thread is for John and Teyla discussions only. My advice, if you have something personal going on, and we all do it every once in awhile here, PM someone in the thread that you trust and that can "listen" to your concerns with respect, patience, love and care.

We all have our own baggages, trust me. You don't want to know mine. And what I try to do is share that with those that honestly care and want to know. Otherwise, we come here to forget about all that and to just have John and Teyla happy thoughts and happy dreams.

As much as possible, personal things should be kept out of this thread. But like Lea and Blue, we love you and care for you and completely understand that **** happens to us all. Life is not fair. We just need to keep on going.

Even our dream world was crushed right in front of us....with stupid Kanaan! *flies fist in air*
                sigpic

Comment

Even our dream world was crushed right in front of us....with stupid Kanaan! *flies fist in air*
                  Well, maybe that will change....
                  sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                    Yeah... that's what I'm worried about. It kinda reminds me of Zombieland, The Blob... and so on. I know people want him to be in all kinds of things... and there is nothing wrong with that, but he should make sure what he stars in, especial if he's the main actor,somethig that is not going to bring his good name down. IMHO
                    That's a catch 22 from the way I see it. First, the man needs a job. Second, things like this can go either way. I hope he sets clear limits though. I remember in Twitter him mentioning and applauding an actor who recently got canned from their show because he refused to do sex scenes on TV. And Joe very loudly and clearly applauded him for doing such a thing. So, I hope that Joe uses his own personal judgements when taking on roles like this one. Let's cross our fingers and hope for the good.

Maybe we can imagine it as John and Teyla in an alternate universe!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                      Well, maybe that will change....
                      *pats Artie lovingly* from your typing fingers to the Pegasus Galaxy and beyond.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm a Princess, and therfore can do as i like when I like...... wait, no, that;s Lake One, not me, *facepalms* Anywho, Yes Iplan on buying the book very soon, but I've now questions about one of the older books. namely Entanglement.

What did you guys think of the characters in that story? I have it, so we can keep it out of spoilers
                        Princesses can and have been de-throned! And hung, too!

Was Entaglement any good? I didn't read any good reviews for it. And if it doesn't have John and Teyla, I don't care to read it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Okay, the real reason I came here was to let you guys know that I've added another discussion entry but this time a summary of up to Chapter 10 of Death Game.

In this entry, you can ask Jo Graham questions about those chapters and continue with discussions and thoughts of the book so far.

So, go and check it out! Members only, though.
                          http://community.livejournal.com/sga_beya/278798.html
                          sigpic

Comment

I haven't read any of the other novels of SGA only now that I'm reading Death Game and the Legacy series that I had the honor of previewing straight from the writers. *feels blessed*

I think the Mommy Thread crown should be handed down to Lea, now. Everyone in favor, shout "I".

I'm much too softy compared to you!

Good thing though. Kids need to be straightened and disciplined correctly. I think that's what I lacked with my boys. But when I take out the bat....Oh, yeah!!!! WATCH OUT!

Or the evil stare....Oh, that kills them on impact!

Anywho....Awinita....just remember that this thread is for John and Teyla discussions only. My advice, if you have something personal going on, and we all do it every once in awhile here, PM someone in the thread that you trust and that can "listen" to your concerns with respect, patience, love and care.

We all have our own baggages, trust me. You don't want to know mine. And what I try to do is share that with those that honestly care and want to know. Otherwise, we come here to forget about all that and to just have John and Teyla happy thoughts and happy dreams.

As much as possible, personal things should be kept out of this thread. But like Lea and Blue, we love you and care for you and completely understand that **** happens to us all. Life is not fair. We just need to keep on going.

Princesses can and have been de-throned! And hung, too!

Was Entaglement any good? I didn't read any good reviews for it. And if it doesn't have John and Teyla, I don't care to read it.
                            I have Entanglement, and is it good, personally I enjoy it, and yeah Sci, I was kidding, Seriously I was kidding, gee trying to keep everyone happy in this thread wityh humor doesnt seem to be the right tactic in here

*grabs fist* CAREFUL WHERE YA AIM THAT!! Ya almost hit me in the nose!

Thread Mother; true, though for one problem, I can't be killed, or dethroned, mostly because, well, I'm a ghostly spirit, tand therefore, am well... kinda off it at times too.

But yes I've read Entanglement, now if only I could find it, it has some good John & Teyla moments and no mentions of what's his face in it, Rodney freaking out and the liek too. (Radek is also in it!)

Also i need some help guys if one could be so kind as to give me some advice for a story scene I'm trying to write as part of a RR on antoher site. Bassically the characters are as follows.

A woman named Lake, a man named Joe Sheppard, his wife Taylor (Teyla), and six bad guys trying to take over the farm that Joe and Taylor own and live on. Poor Lake had stumbled on the scene and tangled the pair into her problems with the six government agents that Lake is hiding from in Joe's barn....

Things get silly, but I'm stck on how to write it >.<

I'd hug you guys, but I'm kinda.... well.. dead

Comment

Hello JTers!

I want to say kudos and awesome job to Jeyla, MysteryWriter, Everlovin, and Sci for each of your additions to the RR.

Things have certainly gotten a little interesting...

Spoiler:
                              Poor Torren!

You guys rock!

I will try to work on my part during the coming days. I do have a question though. Do we want some kind of resolution to the RR to wrap up this round or maybe another round??

I also want to say thanks to you guys again for the birthday wishes and gifts for my birthday and for the condolences for my nephew.

And great discussions and comments guys!

Maybe I can get a chance to read Death Game during the weekend so I can join in some of the discussions.

And for those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
                              sigpic
                              Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
                              Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
                              WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

As to the Round Robin? I just don't know. The stuff Sci added could let it go on forever! I have no objection to that, by the way. It'll be John and Teyla having adventures and saving the galaxies from now on!
                                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Working...
                                X