No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm going to bed now – I'm actually starting to get sleepy. Go figure. 'Night, all!

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

morning guys hope u are having a good day....talk u later tonight

Comment

Originally posted by emotionallydisturbed
        okay, now I'm going to ask a loaded question. please don't take this the wrong way, but i'm kinda clueless about a lot of Atlantis. I've missed boatloads of episodes. So far, I've watched about two-three episodes of season one, and about 80% of season two. Having seen that, I'm still kinda clueless on ship. I mean this in a completely innocent, non-confrontation way, but where is the whole Sheppard/Teyla UST best played up? 'Cause I apparently missed it.

Please, not trying to be snarky or anything. I've honestly not seen a lot of interaction between Sheppard and Teyla, and was wondering what I missed.

Anything to get us talking about these two is welcomed...

So for the scenes, that are best Sheppard and Teyla, As BP and Ceekay said, this is really all in the eye of the beholder.
        And the scene that got most of us hooked...
        'Rising'- The Cave Scene, when Sheppard puts on the necklace for Teyla that's really a favorite of ours.
        It's what most of us saw and thought they were great together.

'Hide and Seek'- The amused smile on Teyla's face while Sheppard is telling the Athosian kids the story, there's also the scene right after where he follows her and asks her not to tell Mckay what he said about football being a man's sport. He didn't have to do that, because she didn't really know what that was. So we see it as him trying to get to know her.

'38-Minutes'- There's a scene when they're running up the hill, he reaches back and holds her hand to help her up. We also see her concern for him, when he's in pain.

'Suspicion'- Is one of our absolute favorites, We see right from the beginning that he trusts Teyla, when they're at the conference and he says 'she should be here, since she's part of the team'. It's also the first time Bates says something about Sheppard 'personal feelings' for Teyla maybe clouding his judgement, to which Shepaprd never says anything, only get's in Bates face. In one instance he outright tells him he's dismissed. Also when they wouldn't open the gate to let Teyla back through he looks very ticked off and yells 'Open the damn gate'...Really through

'Home'- This is a confusing episode since it's really all in their minds, there's been theories galore for why Teyla shared Sheppards' world, and as shipper we naturally see it in the shippy sense. But we just find it important that she didn't share anyone else's world but Sheppard's.

'Hot Zone'- As BP, said in the Companion Book, it says that the stick fighting scene was placed in there for sexual tension. And it can be viewed that way, since they had these slight/flirtatious smiles on their faces.

'Letters From Pegasus'- Another great episode, we see Sheppard and Teyla actually have a conflict, and the all important question from sheppard 'what more do you want from me?'...and teyla's 'too much i fear'...the argument just made some of us think of a married couple. There was so much emotion/tension in that scene. Also later after Sheppard leaves the puddle jumper, leaving behind a very worried looking Teyla, we see the biggest smile on Teyla's face. He also caves, and agrees to wait after she says she'll stay and search in the day.

'The Gift'- His concern shows by the look on his face, when she says she hasn't been sleeping well. Also when she disappears through the mountain's wall into the wraith ship, and Sheppard yells 'Teyla!'

'Siege 1'- Bates makes another appearance, (he's so good for our ship.. )....Again he voices his concern about Sheppard's 'personal feeling', and again Sheppard doesn't say anything about it to him.

There are more moments but those are the ones I can remember. All from season 1.

R.I.P Wraithlord
        Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Odd as this sounds I also found the ep with Chaya a bit shippy.

1. When they first go to the planet, John and Teyla stand really close to each other most of the time and whenever they sit, they seem to actually be touching--thighs, arms...

2. When he's going to the picnic with Chaya he seeks out Teyla and acts like he's trying to explain to her why he's doing it--as if he feels guilty and doesn't want Teyla to be mad about it.

Comment

Originally posted by emotionallydisturbed
            don't lie. It's alright if you've fallen madly in love with. I have that effect!

okay, now I'm going to ask a loaded question. please don't take this the wrong way, but i'm kinda clueless about a lot of Atlantis. I've missed boatloads of episodes. So far, I've watched about two-three episodes of season one, and about 80% of season two. Having seen that, I'm still kinda clueless on ship. I mean this in a completely innocent, non-confrontation way, but where is the whole Sheppard/Teyla UST best played up? 'Cause I apparently missed it.

Please, not trying to be snarky or anything. I've honestly not seen a lot of interaction between Sheppard and Teyla, and was wondering what I missed.
            You'll never see it the first time, I really only became a shipper when I joined this thread, even though I liked the two of them together. If you're looking for some good moments on episodes, feel free to download and watch my music videos that are for John and Teyla, they highlight some good scenes (almost all of which are from season 1) Others have alot of Shep/Teyla music vids from Season 2. Then go back and actually watch the scenes, (don't forget your Shepmagen shipper glasses/goggles )

The second time through, just look for subtle character interaction and see what you yourself see. BP, quick rundown of all major shippy moments!!!!
            Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom

1. When they first go to the planet, John and Teyla stand really close to each other most of the time and whenever they sit, they seem to actually be touching--thighs, arms...

2. When he's going to the picnic with Chaya he seeks out Teyla and acts like he's trying to explain to her why he's doing it--as if he feels guilty and doesn't want Teyla to be mad about it.
              Oh yes...there's also that moment when they're walking across the field...and Teyla leaves Rodney and Aiden, and moves up next to John..there's this really great pic of John leaning down to her as if trying to hear what she's saying..(annie!!...I know you're got this pic..)...

See I'd forgotten this episode...

R.I.P Wraithlord
              Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom

Yes, why does he seek out Teyla and make that lame attempt to explain what he's doing?

Yes, intially they are near each other, agreeing with each other, sitting very close. Hmm.... shippy, doesn't really fit that he was all over Chaya.

In the audio commentary for that episode, Torri Higginson makes this comment. "You and Joe should've been holding hands..." She's actually referring to the scene where John and Teyla are side by side and walking to Chaya's temple area. Rachel never responds and they both get way off topic from there, but it's an interesting point, and if they had...

WE WOULD'VE DIED!!!

Comment

Spiritcoda...I love ya! Here is another Shep/Teyla vid...have not seen it yet but I loved all of spiritcoda's other ones...
                  http://spiritcoda.livejournal.com/3510.html

Oooooo John and Teyla moments....'Home' and 'Hot Zone' come to the top of my mind....

CeeKay...Witchy...great lists...I'm reliving the moments remembering all of them from season 1...

BP...I'm going to have to pull out my companion book and reread the 'Hot Zone' chapter to get Bam Bam's quote about how he choreographed their sparring scene to underline the sexual tension between John and Teyla...I was grinning like a fool when I read that...

We also had the quote from Joe F. that stated he thought that the characters of Sheppard and Teyla had sexual tension...I gave a huge squeee for that comment as well.

Actually I liked listening to the commentary for the 'Rising' between Joe and was it Martin Wood...where they talk about the necklace scene...

Ooooo memory lane is always a good place to be!

In the Words of Caz...

HAIL SHEYLA

and

BRING BACK BATES...

...on a side note...I'm glad you stopped by Terry...and no matter if you are a huge Stargate fan or not, choose to ship John/Teyla or not...everyone here would love if you come by if only just to say hi, how's it going...

...and thanks for bringing SP back to her cyber family...she was missed!

Comment

The worst we might try to do is place Shepmagen glasses on you when you're not paying attention, but other than that we're nice!!! Honestly I swear!!

HAIL SHEYLA

and

BRING BACK BATES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                      The worst we might try to do is place Shepmagen glasses on you when you're not paying attention, but other than that we're nice!!! Honestly I swear!!

HAIL SHEYLA

and

BRING BACK BATES!!!
                      Do you think Terry will like shipper glasses that are pink with diamond hearts or black with rhinestone hearts...

I can custom make them to fit anybody's style!

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
                        Spiritcoda...I love ya! Here is another Shep/Teyla vid...have not seen it yet but I loved all of spiritcoda's other ones...
                        Ack..I'm quoting myself but I watched spiritcoda's music vid and I loved it...great use of clips and for me at least I really like the song choice..so check it out and leave a comment...

Yay..'Inferno' is on tonight and VB has me all antsy to see the Shep/Teyla moments..well at least Teyla's facial expressions in this episode...

Black Panther our royal Shippy Scribe...can't wait to read your summary tonight!

I may actually be home to watch the episode instead of having to record it and watch it later!

Comment

Oooooo John and Teyla moments....'Home' and 'Hot Zone' come to the top of my mind....

CeeKay...Witchy...great lists...I'm reliving the moments remembering all of them from season 1...

BP...I'm going to have to pull out my companion book and reread the 'Hot Zone' chapter to get Bam Bam's quote about how he choreographed their sparring scene to underline the sexual tension between John and Teyla...I was grinning like a fool when I read that...

We also had the quote from Joe F. that stated he thought that the characters of Sheppard and Teyla had sexual tension...I gave a huge squeee for that comment as well.

Actually I liked listening to the commentary for the 'Rising' between Joe and was it Martin Wood...where they talk about the necklace scene...

Ooooo memory lane is always a good place to be!

In the Words of Caz...

HAIL SHEYLA

and

BRING BACK BATES...

...on a side note...I'm glad you stopped by Terry...and no matter if you are a huge Stargate fan or not, choose to ship John/Teyla or not...everyone here would love if you come by if only just to say hi, how's it going...

...and thanks for bringing SP back to her cyber family...she was missed!
                          Thanx for the vid, AG. Will definitely check it out once i get home.

I needed the walk down memory lane, day wasn't going too well...stupid heater blew...froze half the day away.

R.I.P Wraithlord
                          Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Memory lane Witchy?

How about the quintesential John and Teyla Ship Pic to put a smile on your face!

Comment

Memory lane Witchy?

How about the quintesential John and Teyla Ship Pic to put a smile on your face!
                              memory lane---going through all the shep/teyla moments

You know i don't know if i've ever said this before, and it may sound insane but Teyla looks so innocent in this pic, maybe a little shocked ...and John looks very determined...I wonder why?..

R.I.P Wraithlord
                              Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                                The second time through, just look for subtle character interaction and see what you yourself see. BP, quick rundown of all major shippy moments!!!!
                                Rising Part 2
                                When they first meet John is his usual flirtatious self. Teyla, while hesitant at first, responds and decides to trust them solely on his responses.

The cave scene when Teyla informs John of the wraith. John finds her necklace. Not satisfied with handing over her necklace he takes it back and puts it on her himself giving them a moment. Interestingly when he is done he slowly pulls back and his hands hover over the front of her shirt. Any closer and his hands would be on her... Well you get the idea.

The end scene has Teyla doing the Athosian forehead touching with John as a sign of her friendship and trust. While that happens you get to see Aiden's reaction and Carson says, "Why can't I make friends like that?"

Hide and Seek
                                John tells the kids a story and we get to see Teyla's reaction to it.

After that he goes to Teyla and she mentions she is interested in learning more about football. He gets really excited and asks her to join him.

The next scene you see them in John is watching a taped football game explaining everything to Teyla.

The last scene has John finishing his explanation of what a Hail Mary is. (You have to see it to understand.)

Thirty-eight Minutes
                                Teyla remains by John's side through out the ordeal even when the medical team arrives in the end.

When John regains consciousness his first reaction is to ask Teyla if she is alright. Even though he is the one in trouble and he doesn't ask anyone else.

There is a scene where John holds Teyla's hand to help her up a hill and doesn't let go immediately when they reach the top.

It is Teyla that immediately offers to take John through the stargate horizon. She immediately tries to pull the bug off him after they shock John. (Have to see to understand.)

Suspicion
                                John defends Teyla through out this episode from everyone's suspicions especially Bates.

It is John who tries to explain things to Teyla and get her cooperation. Because of John Teyla does and tries to get her people to as well.

John takes the blame for Teyla and Aiden's separation from the group. He gets into an argument with Bates over Teyla's innocence. He gets upset when Elizabeth doesn't lower the force shield immediately to let Teyla through.

After that scene he gets into an all out argument with Bates again about Teyla. Bates accuses him of allowing his personal feelings to get in the way. John dismisses him not even trying to defend himself against his allegations.

John is outraged when he sees Teyla's bag being searched, and threatens to bust Bates because of it. (He uses another term when speaking of Bates.) He looks crushed when he finds out Teyla may very well be a wraith spy.

Childhood's End
                                When John gives Keras his birthday gift Teyla and him share a look and smile. What makes this shippy is the look Aiden gives them. He is standing right behind them when it happens.

Home
                                Teyla and John share a dream world. Too much interaction to record. Short version:

Teyla asks if he would consider leaving Atlantis to go to Earth. John says only if he knew he could get back to Atlantis. John asks if Teyla would join him and she readily agrees. John is excited to show her Earth. He takes her shopping and compliments her outfit. Teyla gives a very pleased thank you. He takes her to his dream house and a party occurs where he introduces her to his friends.

The Storm
                                The beginning scene has John and Teyla chatting and heading for the mainland alone. (Not so much shippy as a great friendship moment.)

The Eye
                                Teyla who while worried was calm in The Storm, but you can clearly see her beginning to lose her control as the storm rages on.

John orders Teyla and Carson to head to the Jumper bay. Teyla: I intend to fight along side you. She does what she is told after John explains that he means for her and Carson to serve as a distraction.

(Interesting friendship moment.) The city had just been saved and John looks over at Teyla with Sora. John: I see you've made a new friend Teyla. She gives him a look.

The Defiant One
                                Teyla doesn't say much in this episode, but what she lacks in words she makes up for in expressions. She is clearly concerned on the ride there and was quiet willing to go just based on Elizabeth's woman intuition.

The wraith was finally killed; John: Well, it's about damn time! TEYLA: We got here as soon as we could, Major. John: That's not what I meant. Thanks. (Have to see his expression as he says that last line.)

Hot Zone
                                Their first sparring scene as I mentioned before is a must see. Love the way she smacks him on the butt with her rods.

Sanctuary
                                It is Teyla he feels the need to explain himself as to why he is going on a picnic with Chaya.

The Brotherhood
                                (Cute scene) John informs Rodney that Allina is interested in him. Teyla and John share glances in a seemingly private joke at his expense. Just before John gives Rodney advice on what to do and after Rodney leaves.

Letters From Pegasus
                                There was the famous line John: "What else do you want from me?" Teyla: "Too much I fear." (Have to see to understand.)

John goes to leave to check on something the wraith placed on the planet. Teyla grabs his arm and says, "You may be discovered!" and tries to get him to stay with her. He leaves and she is clearly worried.

When she sees John returning she gets this huge smile on her face. John stays longer because of Teyla.

The Gift
                                In the beginning scene it is to John that she runs to for help.

John is clearly upset when he beats her in a sparring match. When she informs him of her nightmares and isn't getting sleep he is worried.

He is worried so much that he gets Dr. Heightmeyer to check on her against Teyla's wishes and removes her from a mission.

John is upset when Teyla disappears through a wall. Upset enough he seems to lose his tolerance of Rodney.

John defends Teyla against Bates. Who is again accusing her of aiding the wraith.

Teyla is taken over by the wraith and Bates is forced to shoot her. Bates is too happy about shooting her and John glares at him.

Teyla apologizes for what happened and John is quick about reassuring her.

The Siege Part 1
                                John is reluctant to let Teyla leave the infirmary. It takes Carson's approval before he lets her back on active duty.

He gets into a fight again with Bates about Teyla before they go on a mission. When they return they came back fighting. Bates jumps to conclusions and says, "I told you she was a liability, sir! Now I'm not gonna let your personal feelings endanger this facility any longer!" Again John doesn't try to defend himself against the allegation.

When Bates turns up beaten it is John who takes Teyla at her word that she didn't do it. Even though she did punch him earlier. John defends her to Elizabeth and gets angry when Aiden isn't as sure.

It is Teyla that goes over to John to reassure him when they save him from Bob.

John is reluctant to let Teyla try to connect to Bob. When Bob attacks her John seems to lose it. He yells her name and shoots Bob and eventually kills him.

The Seige Part 2
                                Colonel Everett informed Teyla that John spoke very highly about her. That he has concerns about her vulnerability to wraith mind control. Even though John has assured him it won't happen again.

Teyla tries to get into the control room to inform them the wraith have entered Atlantis. The guards won't let her and they struggle. (Have to see John's expression when he hears and then sees what is happening.)

Teyla and her people wish to join them in the hunt of the wraith. John: She is the one who sensed the Wraith presence in the first place.

That's it for season one I think. I will take a break right now before I do season two.
                                Last edited by Black Panther; 18 May 2006, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X