John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaberella
    Oh man Doxymom..why why oh why did you do this...it makes perfect sense and throws everything up in the air again..now I have to try to put the cards back together..that's the problem of havign long detailed discussions like this..you have to sit there and break down everything...

Shoot...let me think..hmmmmm...I have to really rethink things.
    In addition to advertising my recent post (not the one that says 'Moved', the one before that) on the 460th page of this very thread (about fic ideas, which has gotten no response as of yet, I would like to set your mind at ease. Teyla is not directly descended from the Ancients, if she were she would have the gene. No one from her galaxy does (cultural degeneration would not affect this). The Ancients are the Pegasus peoples' figurative ancestors in the sense that they created them, as they did with life in the Milky Way. They seeded new life, as holoMelia said. The people from the planet Dagan in 'The Brotherhood' were stated by McKay's love interest in that episode as having worshipped the Lanteans at the time of the war with the Wraith, meaning that the Pegasus humans lived separately from the Ancients and were not at the same level of advancement.

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
      It could be the cornerstone of the whole genetic equation. I've heard that "mutts" tend to either stabilize the problems in their parent breeds, ending up stronger and more mellow, or inherit most of the weaknesses. So this could be one rationale, possibly, as to why the kids could inherit the best of both of them. Add in the "spinal cord" inherited memory flashes from two worlds and, basically, two types of aliens and who knows what the kids would be able to do?

Or they might be normal humans--after all, they did say Teyla's gift could be a recessive and skip generations. What if they're in a dire situation and hope the child is the superpowered answer and end up with a normal human child--and the *grandchild* is the one with the powers?

Ah, well, just thinking aloud. There are so many possibilities one could write the story any way they wanted.

I have got to get some sleep. Good night!

Too true..too true!
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
        In addition to advertising my recent post on this very page about fic ideas, which has gotten no response as of yet,
        Sorry! Posts have been flying so fast I missed it.

I would like to set your mind at ease. Teyla is not directly descended from the Ancients, if she were she would have the gene. No one from her galaxy does (cultural degeneration would not affect this). The Ancients are the Pegasus peoples' figurative ancestors in the sense that they created them, as they did with life in the Milky Way. They seeded new life, as holoMelia said. The people from the planet Dagan in 'The Brotherhood' worshipped the Lanteans at the time of the war with the Wraith, meaning that the Pegasus humans lived separately from the Ancients and were not at the same level of advancement.
        Ah. Thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea. So that would mean, if they created both galaxy's humans that John and Teyla are the same subspecies? So the three types (not four) that would go into a mix for JT's kids would be human, Ancient and a little Wraith.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
          And I just had a thought, in the B scenario the first two or three parts would be about the actual event, and the last part would be Teyla consoling the distraught/self-doubting Sheppard, as it had happened to her before.

This is something I would like to see..I think we produced a great idea when doxymom introduced this 'mind control' psy-link thingie...

and that Shep distraught would overwhelming for the character himself. for all his hero complex to be brought low..and I wonder how Teyla would go about consoling him on that fact...

since I do feel she's been training for this ability she carries..I think that she might be able to help him in his own training..and probably then we can open the doors to these other abilities that are unknown but inherently found in the ATA gene..which is gonna be great!!
          VB

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
            Ah. Thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea. So that would mean, if they created both galaxy's humans that John and Teyla are the same subspecies? So the three types (not four) that would go into a mix for JT's kids would be human, Ancient and a little Wraith.

Thank you!
            Their called Anraithman's get it straight Doxy ....until you come up with better that's the name!! hahahah!! We have to take a vote and tally out these race name/species name for these mutant kids!!!

VB

Comment

Their called Anraithman's get it straight Doxy ....until you come up with better that's the name!! hahahah!! We have to take a vote and tally out these race name/species name for these mutant kids!!!

VB
              I'm not allowed to name things. LOL.

Hopefully a lot of JT fic comes out of these discussions. They're really interesting.

Have a great night!

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
                Oh no!...I can just see Atlantis now in an Uproar...Mckay running around trying to stop them from accessing all the ancient systems. And if they inherit Teyla's 'super powers'...well better watch out for the flying/'jumping' babies....
                Oh that would be so funny..and they call him Uncle Roddie...oh too funny....They would be able to activate things wouldnt' they.... Oh man..oh guys can you picture...Rodney and Zalenka stuck babysitting when Teyla and John want to be alone...

Like what happened with Zalenka when he was stuck on the Kid's planet..oh guys your getting my plot bunnies in a tizzy! Not even..imagine they have a little girl and she puts Ronon's hair into some crazy dread braids..and bows..alll around his head...hahahah!!! OOOh To much!!

Comment

Originally posted by Annie Sheppard
                  FINALLY! A loyal worshipper!
                  sigpic

Comment

Pleading Sheppard-

Thoughtful Teyla-

Night everyone, Have pretty Shippy dreams,

Ok, somebody has got to adopt that plot bunny...Ronon's hair braided...ROFL

R.I.P Wraithlord
                    Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Okay guys...plot bunnies have taken over expect your kid fic tomorrow evening..and it will be a monster....I'll post it on ff.net...and enjoy cause it will be funny.

Gimme some ideas on what you guys would want to see.and I'll do my best to cator to your needs and wishes...so this sort of like an open forum story for me to develop the kid fic.....since you got me laughing....

Comment

ok guys it's time for me to go...goodnight all
                        man I admire your discussions...for me it's a little difficult to join cos my english isn't so good that I can write all the thinks I would like to...unfair...
                        ok I see someone who will comfort me this night...sorry Teyla...You'll get him back tommorow...

Comment

Hey hold on there Kip...not Furly....lets re look at that...I mean remember X-Files..and Mulder/Scully's kid..William was it? He was floating things above his bassinet when was like 5 months...you never know what those psychic link kids could do..turn into 'The Girl with the Gray Eyes'---title of an old book from troll orders...
                          Willam had issues. I mean, come on, he had Fox Mulder as a dad

Thats enough to make you lift things over a bassinet too!

Comment

MEL, HON! Are you here...*smooch*

Okay...I better call it a night..I'm going to read some fanfic...and I'm off to bed...

I was never good in math, so this conversation is way out of my league...
                            DARN IT..I'm out of chocolate cookies...Jeepers...AH, I just took the last sip of my coffee! NO!

Oh, well..night all...

Just one last thought...I don't care what you guys think...CAMTRIPP is definetly the best name for their first child!

I did have one shed of light amist my sugar craze.....if John and Teyla were to start a sort of fling...do you think they would reveal it to the others immediately or would they keep it a secret..? and why?
                            Which would you prefer in the show? that they keep it a secret or that others know? and how do you think once it is reveal, will it affect them and the rest in Atlantis...?
                            We've probably discuss this already, not sure..but I can't wait to read what you guys think...and I will put in my two cents tomorrow night...I just have to check what page this is on because you guys are definetly on a roll here..

I have to say, I am proud of all of you and those of you who have kept your head up high...VB..stand straight and tall hon...All of you! NIGHT!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
                              Pleading Sheppard-
                              http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...on/105x091.jpg
                              Thoughtful Teyla-
                              http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...on/105x083.jpg

Night everyone, Have pretty Shippy dreams,

Ok, somebody has got to adopt that plot bunny...Ronon's hair braided...ROFL
                              WITCHY I LOVE THIS SCENE!
                              Last edited by GateGipsy; 03 February 2006, 03:42 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
                                Willam had issues. I mean, come on, he had Fox Mulder as a dad

Thats enough to make you lift things over a bassinet too!

Comment

Working...
                                X