John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaberella
    Like for instance..take in let's say Teyla cannot be taken mentlly by one Wraith..but takes down one when she gains control.....what's to say how she would handle 2 or 3 Wraith? I mean what if it's a mental kind of gang bang situation? Huge problems..she could end up with a scrambled brain for all we know..
    Thats a disturbing mental image . Is it just me, or are tptb and the fans turning Teyla into a giant wifi hub? Now lets think about the sheppard thing, if the wraith can't control Teyla but teyla can communicate with John, what's to stop the wraith from using Teyla as a kind of server to get to John, a person who can 1 run ancient tech, and 2 has no barriers (firewalls) against attck like Teyla does? Can you say evil John?

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
      Now that is a cool idea...I always imagined a connection between John and Teyla because Shep had been infected in 'Conversion' making him, while not wraith like exactly, more like the bug which is the ancestor to the wraith. Since Teyla does have some wraith DNA and is developing her 'gift' I saw her forming a connection to John becuase of this.

Plus her 'gift' is already showing signs of developing. I mean from 'Epiphanies' her gift gives her the ability to sense the 'beast' and that wasn't even connected to the wraith.

So why can't her gift grow to have her connect to John.

Great point! I've always thought that because of John's Ancient DNA and Teyla's Wriath DNA, that there was a possibility that they could at least read each other empathicly. And now that John has had the Eratus DNA, I think the possibility would be even more so.

I might even go so far as to say they already sense each other to a degree given the instant connection they made in Rising. Why trust someone you never met so quickly? You would if you made a profound connection with the heart of who they really are. I think the writers have set it up to be completely believable for them to share a telepathic link.

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
        Thats a disturbing mental image . Is it just me, or are tptb and the fans turning Teyla into a giant wifi hub? Now lets think about the sheppard thing, if the wraith can't control Teyla but teyla can communicate with John, what's to stop the wraith from using Teyla as a kind of server to get to John, a person who can 1 run ancient tech, and 2 has no barriers (firewalls) against attck like Teyla does? Can you say evil John?
        Oooo! That's an even more disturbing mental image! Honestly I think TBPB are just exploring Teyla's Wraith abilities and liabilites in their usual -least amount of information - way.

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
          OOOHHHH! Excellent idea gatelover, seriously, that was something I never thought of. If that happened, that'd be creepy. Let's say for speculations sake that John and Teyla get closer, so close in fact that they are romantically inclinced to each other and can feel this sort of telepathy building. Suddenly, John get's posessed by a wraith, just like gatelover said. How would this effect their relationship? More importantly, could Shep learn to build up the barriers too.

On a subject of superpowers, I'm working those into my biggest series right now. We're discovering the Cam in SG-1 has all kinds of abilities, but so does Shep, I just didn't flesh them out too badly in Inner Demons. A Prophecy will take it too the next level, and An Ancient Power will provide the closest blend of SciFi and Fantasy with Shepmagen that you could imagine.

Sanssong, see what happens when TPTB put out that little amount of information and then let the fans do the thinking for you! All they have to do is get us started and then take anything they want that comes as a result. Wow, we are impressionable.
          Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
            Sanssong, see what happens when TPTB put out that little amount of information and then let the fans do the thinking for you! All they have to do is get us started and then take anything they want that comes as a result. Wow, we are impressionable.
            Well that is one way to look at it! I think some of our ideas end up being better than theirs anyway! Looking forward to reading you new fic. I love stories that explore the abilities that come with the ancient gene.

Comment

Originally posted by spirited Chihiro
              I agree..that was the first thing that came into my mind when i saw the face! He knows that it is the truth...and he knows Teyla would find it even harder, to do what she was being told to do..! (hope that was vague enough)
              Yeah!! Exactly.....it looked like a look of pitty to me.
              Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Hello,

I need help finding a pic of John for a John/Teyla project I'm working on. In Trinity, when Rodney and Zelenka are talking about the big guns to John, he ducks his head and smiles. I'm looking for a cap of the head down smile. I can find him grinning while looking at them, and I can find moving copies of the head ducking, but I want the actual head down shot.

Anyone have a copy they can send me or know where I can get it? I didn't see it at emedian or on LJs.

Thanks!

Comment

hi all you lovely J/T shipper here...

bad day today...have a sore throat and a headache...man i hate to be ill

ok i'll try to read what you all have written here...

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong
                    I might even go so far as to say they already sense each other to a degree given the instant connection they made in Rising. Why trust someone you never met so quickly? You would if you made a profound connection with the heart of who they really are. I think the writers have set it up to be completely believable for them to share a telepathic link.
                    One of the things that always catches me when I see 'The Rising' was the instant trust between John and Teyla when they first meet. In later episodes such as 'Suspicion' and 'The gift' that trust is amplified, it is a complete trust in the each person that others can't seem to comprehend (aka Bates.)

It is just one of the reasons that got meet fixed on this ship and this particular pairing.

Your explanation sounds so poetic...I think I need to put that one a wallpaper...I love it! "A Profound Connection of the Heart"

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                      It's not any easy subject, but I think all this that we're talking about would make a really good, if a bit dark, episode or fanfic. Have Teyla trying to gather the pieces of her past, and while she'd doing that, John's remembering his past at the same time. I'm thinking on that subject too.
                      Ah, and therein lay the seeds of the JT-shippy novel I'm writing, albeit slowly. :-)

Perhaps that's why all this is on my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
                        Hello,

I need help finding a pic of John for a John/Teyla project I'm working on. In Trinity, when Rodney and Zelenka are talking about the big guns to John, he ducks his head and smiles. I'm looking for a cap of the head down smile. I can find him grinning while looking at them, and I can find moving copies of the head ducking, but I want the actual head down shot.

Anyone have a copy they can send me or know where I can get it? I didn't see it at emedian or on LJs.

Thanks!
                        Here's a great screencap resource it's called Stargatecaps.com. And the addy is http://stargatecaps.com. I think the shot you are looking for is on this page- http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/206/index2.shtml.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Hi! Sorry I'm late on this. I'd like to see:

1. Backstory on John.
                          2. Backstory on Teyla.
                          3. Teyla/Weir friendship.
                          4. Changing up the team partners and getting them in trouble: ie. John and Teyla, Ronon and Rodney, or even more Rodney/Cadman
                          5. More consequences of the bad decisions they've been making.
                          6. Aliens who look alien.
                          7. expansion of the history/world-building of Pegasus. Right now it's pretty vague. What about the lifeforms that were there before the Ancients seeded humans all over? What about the politics of the humans? What about this "something bigger than the Wraith" that they've hinted at?
                          8. Explore the city already! Show us more of that alien goodness.
                          9. More JT sparring.
                          10.Okay, don't hate me, I'd like some handsome alien men to at least Notice the females of Atlantis--Teyla, Weir, Cadman.
                          11. Please, give the Canadian gate guy who actually SHOWS how much he cares for people a name already?
                          12. More depth for the Athosians. Right now they're only mentioned in passing. I'd like to see John interact with them, helping Teyla a little.

I could go on and on and on. I'd love to see a lot of the forgotten threads picked up, see some of the plotholes filled and the questions extrapolated and answered.

I know, fanfic does it, but I'd love to watch it too.
                          Great points!!!! I agree with all of them. I also really want the Canadian guy to have a name. He's too cute to be a no-namer
                          Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Whoo hoo! The pic was there! Thank you so much!

Have a wonderful night.

Good grief, is my new banner too big? I can switch back. This one is so...POW! And so much pink. I work on making it smaller and change it.

Hey, just wondered, when you all read fic on websites or LJ do like having pretty John/Teyla artwork or covers done for them?
                            Last edited by GateGipsy; 02 February 2006, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Good grief, is my new banner too big? I can switch back. This one is so...POW! And so much pink. I work on making it smaller and change it.

Hey, just wondered, when you all read fic on websites or LJ do like having pretty John/Teyla artwork or covers done for them?
                              well it is very... pink sorta like a fluff fic. I'd keep it if you like fluff.

Comment

Hey Doxymom...I love pink...and I love fluff...so I'd keep it!

Hmmmm...I think I need a Val's Day one myself....like a small tag to put beside my banner...

As for pictures for fics and everything...that would be neat...I know Witchy does it for her vids on her LJ and they are fab!

Comment

Working...
                                X