John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
    Very nice Cazz!!!!...i really like the wraith one and the close up shot of him!.

Lovely John and Teyla sigs Donna!

Another lovely Carson sig!!!. Came out great WL!

WOW WOW WOW!!! Awesome icons Linda!!!.
    Thanks Mayra!

Originally posted by cc_mac View Post
    Thanks guys, , you're too kind...

Cazz, LOVE the icons!

Thanks asgard.

Hey! Thanks, I think...
    It's supposed to be a compliment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
    Exactly He looks as if he neeeds the Toilet really bad
    ok now i've got a mental image of this and it ain't a pretty sight

Originally posted by TeylaJohn4ever View Post
    Where are these pictures everyone is discussing?
    If you go back a page you'll get it!

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
    HELLO EVERYONE!!!

Have you all missed me??

Sorry I haven't been around...real life can be a pain sometimes.

Thank you all soooooo much for the birthday gifts and wishes they were great

Totally stoked about tonight and the upcoming season....hopefully we won't be too disappointed

Surprisingly I have managed to stay away from almost ALL spoilers!!! I know, shocking right?

Talk to all soon and thanks again for the birthday gifts!!
    Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cabouse.....Happy belated birthday...Glad you liked all you're birthday gifts!

Hehe, wrong thread, but I agree.

This is beautiful!

Thanks for the links you two.

I think there's a whole 'nother thread for that. Shex?
    um no,yer ok

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
    Thats exactly what I was thinking .. and yeah Rodney does look a big weird too...
    Oh good,i'm glad i wasn't seeing things!

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
    About 3 hours 15 minutes! Can you feel the tremors of me bouncing around trying to wait? I'm sure they're felt all over the world!
    So that's what the shaking was!
    sigpic

Comment

LOL. Ronon and Sheppard sitting in a tree...
      sigpic
      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

hehe, wrong thread, but i agree.

this is beautiful!

Thanks for the links you two.

Originally posted by mayra View Post
        wow mrsb!!! Now that is da bomb!!!. Very cool icon!.

Wow, that is fantastic!, thanks for the link!.

Lol! That's to funny!. I'd love to see those in the bloopers lol!

Thank you donna for the link, looks good!

Okay, gotta run, i'm going to see hellboy! Yay!. I should be back in time hopefully for some of the squee fest that we will all be doing after the season premiere. Since i'm probably one of the last ones to see it do to the time zone. Hopefully not everyone is in bed lol!
        Originally posted by yappichick View Post
        lol. Ronon and sheppard sitting in a tree...
        k.i.s.s.i.n.g
        Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
          k.i.s.s.i.n.g
          ok wiil you two stop it...That is just so wrong
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            It's supposed to be a compliment

Gotcha.
            k.i.s.s.i.n.g
            First comes love, then comes marriage...
            sigpic

Comment

Gotcha.

then comes me puking all over the carpet...
              sigpic

Comment

Gotcha.

Then comes Shex-ter in a baby carriage. Boy, won't the rumor fly around base?
                sigpic
                Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Yep! About 3 hours here too!
                  Are you east coast US, too, Everlovin?
                  Nope! I'm exiled to New Mexico!

So that's what the shaking was!
                  Watch out! It's getting worse as the time gets closer!
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                    Nope! I'm exiled to New Mexico!

Watch out! It's getting worse as the time gets closer!
                    GOOD GOD.....I'll never get to sleep tonight
                    sigpic

Comment

Hehe! It's pick on Linda day again They're always my favourite

Chapter 3 of Primary Target

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                        No one answered this and despite the fact that I abhor...~sigh~ Moving on.

In any event, I do have one comment to make in all that was said, because I feel it's concise, not that I have diverged from my norm. But there are things to be looked at.

1) Teyla was completely out of character in S4. Which says you're basing the future character on an out of character established in S4. From S1 to S3 we were given a character and a storyline.

I have said in the past I am not against past relationships or present relationships. However, I am against out of character characterization for a character that I have been carefully watching for 3 seasons before being wrecked and her on screen relationships (on any level---in paticular with John) following suit.

Now I never subscribed to the idea of "retconning" (jumping the shark) on SGA, but in S4 there were storylines after storylines after storylines that made no sense and were completely disconnected and the same has been done to the characters, not limited to Teyla or John. I liked some of the bits given information on Teyla, however, I was looking forward to a lot of information. I still know really nothing about her past or even her experiences. This relates to her relationship with John which I felt was severed since it would have been great to see her share some of the things eluded too in The Gift in S1 reitered in later seasons and paticularly this season.

i.e. John was aware of Teyla's father and her past based on his statement to other members of SGA in The Gift. This was never touched on again.

As a Teyla fan we were shafted and her relationship with John was one of the most ridiculous shafts I have seen on screen. So however you think it's in character there are those of us who see Teyla as a horrible spin on the character we were used to from S1 to S3.

S5 will be watched with ambivalence and I feel, rightly so.
                        I been MIA, so I don't know what was the question. I agree with you here on some points. But...I disagree with your comment as it relates to JT.

I’m still new to SA. It has been a year now since I got involved with GW. I have seen all the episodes for the first three seasons and some more than once. So, I think I have a decent idea who these characters are. I for one don’t need to see everything in these characters’ lives to believe things happen, but they do have to make sense. You get what I’m saying. So for me it is not so much that Teyla’s behavior was out of character for Teyla. I had problems with the Teyla’s baby storyline itself among some other things. I’m saying basically tell me why or better yet show me why, so I can understand the choices the character made. After saying that IMO...the moments we got between JT were unexpected, bittersweet, angst filled and very promising.

Yes, there were inconsistencies in the storyline. To some extent I agree with you regarding the character characterization.

Spoiler:

I’m not questioning Teyla’s interest in another man who is not John. Because I don’t want to see her sitting down pining away for John, then she will be a damsel in distress. I don’t care to see that she is always the one who needs rescuing either. I have never seen her character as such, and I don’t want to. Yes, there was an issue with the time frame…in finding out that her crush maybe John. I said maybe for a reason…as it relates to the commentary of Sunday. Then suddenly she has an interest in someone else. Teyla deserves some romance in her live. IMO…it is the fault of the writers for not giving us a cohesive storyline. Her decision to keep her pregnancy a secret, I actually understood that. I think the only person that Teyla feel comfortable in telling all her troubles to…is dead …the woman who was like a grandmother to her.

On a side note...I don’t even think that John has discussed with Teyla his prior marriage. Look at his comment to Ronon on that subject. I just don’t see a conversation like that occurring between these two. I could be wrong.

Teyla lied to John in Missing when he asked her if she had a date. To me her response was evasive, but she did not give a definitive response. IMO…she did not reply to his question. She basically avoided answering his question. In my business…I see this all the time. We advised the clients never to give definitive responses especially when they are not sure or certain they are giving the exact correct responses. Some look at it as lie and that is fine too it is your right. The confrontation in SOW between JT and some others incidents have question our knowledge of the character which is also fine.

I, myself can tell you what I miss seeing as it relates to the Teyla from the first three Seasons compare to the Teyla, I saw in Season 4. You want the old Teyla back? I say who is the old Teyla? Do we know old the Teyla? The fans of Teyla have been begging for more character development for this character for how long now. I want the same thing for the characters of John and Ronon. We finally got a little back story about John which left us with more questions especially John's relationship with his family. What happen to Ronon’s family…other than apparently they are death… I’m still waiting for that to be addressed. I feel it is the inabilities of these writers and their willingness to write for only one character which lead to some of my misgivings regarding some of the storylines.

So yes…I think the tptb drop the ball on some of the storylines and characters characterization. I do give them credit for at least incorporating RL’s pregnancy into the show because you really don’t see that often.

My hope for the coming season is that they clear up some of the inconsistencies.
                        sigpic
                        Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
                        Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
                        WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                          Hehe! It's pick on Linda day again They're always my favourite

Chapter 3 of Primary Target

hmph.......It seems to be happening rather frequently just now........It's a conspiracy i tell ya
                          sigpic

Comment

OT for John/Ronon hand holding :

Spoiler:
                            Annoucing the newest baby on Atlantis. Baby Shex-ter!

Can't you see Ronon's hair? And John's dreamy eyes?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
                              Thanks guys!!!!! Big hugs back to everyone as well! It's nice to be missed! And remembered, LOL!

Oh yes, I've seen it and have been discussing and squeeing appropriately with Mayra, Camy, and Cyn. I commented a bit in LJ, but didn't want to post comments here until after it aired though. LOVED it of course.

Spoiler:
                              As I've been saying to Mayra and Camy, I have a lot of confidence that season five will be a continuation of much of what we saw in season four. The fact that we still got lovely J/T angst even while Teyla was pregnant with another man's baby tells us this is far from over. When all should have been lost last year, IT WASN'T!

I will not get into the character debate right now, as I voiced my opinion on that plenty of times last year and nothing has changed. This year we've already seen in S&R that John continues to have feelings for Teyla and the writers are not afraid to dangle that out there. And we know Teyla will continue to have conflicted feelings over "Buggie Boy" (As Mayra and I have come to call him, LOL) so it stands to reason some of that conflict will include her feelings for John too. To what extent is as yet unknown.

Now we know there won't be outright romance. We were told that for season four and we've been told that again for season five. But we knew that before it was even stated. As we've said many times since season two, this is Stargate and romance between main characters just plain does not happen outright during the ongoing series . (Hopefully at series end if we're lucky!) But it's hinted at quite a bit and feelings are established and angst is dangled in our eager faces. I am confident we will see more of that continue. I for one CAN'T WAIT!

OT:
                              Spoiler:
                              I've been doing well, thanks for asking!!! You guys are the best! I can't tell you how nice it is to be welcomed back! I missed everyone too! Work continues to be insane. For anyone familiar with the housing crisis in the US, that's what I deal with on a continual and crazy basis. But it's keeping me busy and keeping me employed, so I can't complain too much. My dogs are both doing well and are of course my babies. I just got back from a trip to Bar Harbor, Maine for a dog convention (I know, I know, it's embarrassing saying that outloud, LOL!) and had a BLAST! I'll post some pics in my LJ this weekend. My old kitty is hanging in there. Cancer, kidney failuare, and IBD, and he just keeps on going!

Hmm, what else. My website is still an ongoing process. We've got new help, so hope to finally have it up and running in a month or two at most.
                              No new vids or fics lately. Mayra and I are hoping to eventually do a joint vid once time finally allows us to do one! That will be fun! She and Camy have been keeping me up to date on all the news and I still skim through JM's blog every day at least.

A few personal blows as my Grandpa has been going downhill rapidly, and we just had to admit him to hospice care this week. It's only a matter of time at this point... One of my good friends just got diagnosed with breast cancer and recently lost all her hair after her third chemo treatment. Yesterday we cried together because some evil person pulled off her wig in public and laughed at her. I will hurt that person if I ever find them again!!! But her spirit is just amazing. So yesterday was a bit of a roller coaster. Today is nice and uneventful at least. And I'm so happy for a new season to start! It's a great escape and great fun to share it with all of you!

Anyway, enough rambling.

Thanks for the welcome and enjoy the episode if you haven't seen it yet!!! It's WONDERFUL!

Spoiler:
                              And can we squee over baby JOHN!
                              Steph, it is so good to see you around. My heart goes out to you regarding the personal blows. Some people are just evil! That person will get what is coming to them be sure of that! Will try to catch up with you later. I have to rush home if I want to see S&R.
                              sigpic
                              Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
                              Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
                              WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

hmph.......It seems to be happening rather frequently just now........It's a conspiracy i tell ya

OT for John/Ronon hand holding :

Spoiler:
                                Annoucing the newest baby on Atlantis. Baby Shex-ter!

Can't you see Ronon's hair? And John's dreamy eyes?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X