John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Panther
    It depends on how you look at it and where you go. In numbers of of definite shippers we are small in camparison, but we are not as small as some people would like to think. On the french forums we seem to be the most popular ship. In polls.... I know that the scifi forum poll shows that on that particular forum we are one of the least popular there but only there. (Recently a thread was started there mentioning Teyla's concern for John and that she must love him. So we are not the only ones that has noticed!) At other forums and polls there seems to be a more equal division. At the pegasus galaxy forums John/Weir is the most popular followed closely by John/Teyla. There is another forum poll (forget where) where Shep/Weir got 31 votes and John/Teyla got 30 votes. There is even this place dedicated to scifi polls and on this subject they got over 6,000 votes and Shep/Weir got 50% while John/Teyla got 49%. In fact they said they got so many votes that they stopped the poll so they could move it to another site better equiped to handle such a number. They promise to have it up again soon so that the voting can continue. Fanfiction has more Shep/Weir fanfic, but I found this link that takes you to fanfiction groups you can join. While Shep/Weir has three groups to join and John/Teyla only one, if you look at the number of people joined there is more in the John/Teyla group than in the Shep/Weir groups combined. So it depends on where you go. I can bring up more facts but I think I should stop there.

To make this post completely legal. I have to agree that Teyla would be impressed by our cities, but she will always be a country girl at heart. In Duet when Ronon asked to join Teyla, they had a conversation about how Atlantis is impressive but they still felt the need to get out away from the confines of the city.
    Not only that I have about 15 friends of mine who are just joining the fandom of shep/Teyla and we never knew anythign about it. If I was there you never know..I could have been that 1% needed to tip the scales. There are a few shep/Teyla fans out there that really have no clue as to where to go when these polls erupt. For the past two weeks I have gotten into SGA and it wasn't until yesterday that I found Gate World...just goes to show you!

And in australia fandoms and a few other locations for SGA.....no one likes Weir it seems, went to one fandom where 50 posts on Weir dislikes and how they go on other fandoms...the fandom was actually titled 'Why does everyone hate Weir?' So it's not as popular as you think....so I don't think Shep/Weir fans are the majority on those.

Further more, I don't see what the Shep/Weir fans see. I haven't seen one inkling of attraction between the two. I mean Shep spends most of the time creating dissention within the ranks. Hence actually one of my major issues with Weir as leader, I've never seen someone who allows her self to be talked into these situations. And when all of you see 'Michael' you'll definitely know what I mean...and then reread my fic! Because you'll completely understand my issue.

Another problem I saw was Weir as person adn what she did to her husband/fiance/boyfriend? I don't know how people would even think that she would sacrifice herself as leader of Atlantis to have some love affair with Shep. And someting else..I can't see Shep allowing her to mess up his career in the military. He seems to love his job and love what he does. It just wouldn't work..nor again have I seen anything besides.

There are definitely far more shep/Teyla scenes that are blatantly clear.

I see the Teyla/Ronon pairing the same as Shep/WEir. They look and act like brother and sister. And the way he looks at Teyla he looks at all the women of atlantis..except he seems to get to be a bit more relaxed when he's with Teyla. Which all the men appear to feel...so you could even go as far as saying Teyla/McKay----but he did call her Xena, in Epiphany, which I wasn't too pleased about.

All in all we're out there, and I think we need to be much much much louder. I just see the Shep/Weir fans as proactive and prolific posters...and their thread probably started before ours..but I'm here and I got some stuff to post and I'm informing a few more people about this thread so hopefully we'll find more.

By the way why do the Shep/WEir fans think that newbie Shep/Teyla fans are trolls? I was called one....strange!
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I'm sorry but when did we call Shepmmagans trolls?

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
        By the way why do the Shep/WEir fans think that newbie Shep/Teyla fans are trolls? I was called one....strange!
        Not so strange you know, i mean how do you expect us to react if you go to the Shep/Weir thread and start saying negative things about our ship?.
        You should have figured out that your insights on how our ship is *SO* not the right one wouldn't be well received on the Sheppard/Weir thread.
        I'm sorry for poppin' in, i just felt the need to explain this, you make it sound like they snapped at you for no reason at all, when your post was *very* provoking.

Comment

Hi, SnoggingPicard! Good to see you too. I think I just joined your LJ Atlantislovers, didn't I? You mod there, right?

Love your moniker. Love Picard's voice.

And to make it on topic. John is hot. Way hot. Good to know discussion is so active here.

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
            I'm sorry but when did we call Shepmmagans trolls?
            It wasn't called..but it was implied. Especially when they said...oh another Shep/Teyla fan, with a new name---Implies Troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
              Hello, this is my first post ever to GW. Hope I'm doing this right. :-) I'm a JT shipper with multi-ship tendancies. I'm a writer, icon maker, challenge-issuer and creative type.

I love John and I love Teyla. I do hope they eventually end up as the main ship, but will be happy to imagine that even if it never happens.

Thanks!
              Doxymom
              Hey Doxymom!...It's so wonderful to have you here. Welcome to our family!....

R.I.P Wraithlord
              Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Not only that I have about 15 friends of mine who are just joining the fandom of shep/Teyla and we never knew anythign about it. If I was there you never know..I could have been that 1% needed to tip the scales. There are a few shep/Teyla fans out there that really have no clue as to where to go when these polls erupt. For the past two weeks I have gotten into SGA and it wasn't until yesterday that I found Gate World...just goes to show you!

And in australia fandoms and a few other locations for SGA.....no one likes Weir it seems, went to one fandom where 50 posts on Weir dislikes and how they go on other fandoms...the fandom was actually titled 'Why does everyone hate Weir?' So it's not as popular as you think....so I don't think Shep/Weir fans are the majority on those.

Further more, I don't see what the Shep/Weir fans see. I haven't seen one inkling of attraction between the two. I mean Shep spends most of the time creating dissention within the ranks. Hence actually one of my major issues with Weir as leader, I've never seen someone who allows her self to be talked into these situations. And when all of you see 'Michael' you'll definitely know what I mean...and then reread my fic! Because you'll completely understand my issue.

Another problem I saw was Weir as person adn what she did to her husband/fiance/boyfriend? I don't know how people would even think that she would sacrifice herself as leader of Atlantis to have some love affair with Shep. And someting else..I can't see Shep allowing her to mess up his career in the military. He seems to love his job and love what he does. It just wouldn't work..nor again have I seen anything besides.

I see the Teyla/Ronon pairing the same as Shep/WEir. They look and act like brother and sister. And the way he looks at Teyla he looks at all the women of atlantis..except he seems to get to be a bit more relaxed when he's with Teyla. Which all the men appear to feel...so you could even go as far as saying Teyla/McKay----but he did call her Xena, in Epiphany, which I wasn't too pleased about.

All in all we're out there, and I think we need to be much much much louder. I just see the Shep/Weir fans as proactive and prolific posters...and their thread probably started before ours..but I'm here and I got some stuff to post and I'm informing a few more people about this thread so hopefully we'll find more.

Nice to know, I know my mom agrees that Shep and Teyla are meant to be, but she doesn't do any of this posting stuff. You were called a troll? Strange. I tend to limit my visits to the Shep/Weir thread simply becuase of my ship. I may pop in and post a question or talk a bit, but I make sure I keep my ship views completely out of the discussion.

WELCOME DOXYMOM

We're collectively the sappiest group of romantics out there (maybe that can be said for all shippers) but we're very friendly, though we do tease each other a bit.

I try to make Shep realistic when I write him, but sometimes alot of me blends in. But I also think there is a side to him that we don't see, a side that is emotional and sappy (hopeless romantic speaking here ) He can ask. "Are you okay?" in the most concerned voice I've ever heard out of Shep and who is the only person who hears it.... (cue the drum roll) .... Teyla.

The more the merry vabrella.

Speaking of multi-ship, I believe in a number of other ships too, notably Beckett-Cadman, McKay-Brown (chick that McKay was dating in Duet), Weir-Somebody-(I've played around with Halling, but it doesn't really fit, I want her with someone, I'm not sure who) Shep/Teyla (of course!) Mitchell-Lam, Mitchell/Vala (not sure about this one), Daniel/Vala, Jack/Sam. But Shep/Teyla started the shipping for me.
                Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
                  Hi, SnoggingPicard! Good to see you too. I think I just joined your LJ Atlantislovers, didn't I? You mod there, right?

Love your moniker. Love Picard's voice.

And to make it on topic. John is hot. Way hot. Good to know discussion is so active here.
                  Waves to Doxy! It's nice to see you over here finally!

And I'd like to second your post about more than one J/T group in the fandom. I know of 5 counting ours, Sheppard/Teyla Fever Yahoo Group, (for those 18 and older), John/Teyla Yahoo Group (For PG-13 and under), Sheppard_Teyla LJ and John_Teyla LJ, TJ-Fic Yahoo Group. Now granted STF and John/Teyla are the biggest of the groups, but the others are gaining ground. I think if you put STF and JT together we have as much or more members than S/W in terms of groups.

I think we are behind in terms of fic, icons and what not, but only because I for one never looked at it like a competition and I a lot of S/Wers do.

Just my two cents!

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                    Not so strange you know, i mean how do you expect us to react if you go to the Shep/Weir thread and start saying negative things about our ship?.
                    You should have figured out that your insights on how our ship is *SO* not the right one wouldn't be well received on the Sheppard/Weir thread.
                    I'm sorry for poppin' in, i just felt the need to explain this, you make it sound like they snapped at you for no reason at all, when your post was *very* provoking.

Ah, jumping in here with my opinion.

I've lurked for several months on this thread and I can't tell you how many times I've seen S/Wers post defending their ship and trying to decontruct J/T and I've never once seen them called a troll or even spoken to with disrespect.

I'm sorry that I can't say the same for many a S/W discussion when a J/Ter shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz

It wasnt' negative. It was asking questions. I thought all could post...I didn't know we had to be designated. So my point was, I don't see it, but where do you guys see it. Give me examples.

I'm getting that a lot. It's like you post on something, and when you don't see it...or don't agree and you post to that affect in essence your bad mouthing the couple. Which I wasn't.....I just said that from my perusal I'm not seeing it...

But I did mention that I do think there is dissention...which I do. Weir is continously undermined or view points are forced on her....except 'Michael' which was....something else all together.

I just couldn't see based on interpretations that I received from episodes I have seen that either would risk or even give up their careers for the other...it just didn't seem to ring true. But there was no way I insulted your couple.....But then again.....I really don't get when someone is insulted by a statement.

I wouldn't want to say what I say on a Shep/Teyla thread as that has nothing ot do with them as a couple. Since my interest was in Shep/Weir and how the pairing works..where was I supposed to post it?

Unless there's a special thread I don't know labeled specifically....for questions on couples, why's or why nots....question and answer..then I wouldn't have bothered with your thread....

And now I've turned a Shep/Teyla thread into a Shep/Weir thread pretty much and hence the reason I posted there! But since I was told that there was only positivity on that thread....and since I can't control whether what I say sounds positive or negative...I can't bother posting about it on your thread..and I won't!

Now back to our regularly scheduled talks on Shep/Teyla...and no mention of Shep/Weir unless of course it has something to do with an episode, if that's allowed?! I may need some help on that!

Comment

I totally agree with you here.

And I can't believe that more people haven't taken offense at the way Weir treated Simon. I really liked her character till she did that to him. And you make a good point that she was not going to go making it with Shep when she was still supposed to be in love with Simon.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                          Speaking of multi-ship, I believe in a number of other ships too, notably Beckett-Cadman, McKay-Brown (chick that McKay was dating in Duet), Weir-Somebody-(I've played around with Halling, but it doesn't really fit, I want her with someone, I'm not sure who) Shep/Teyla (of course!) Mitchell-Lam, Mitchell/Vala (not sure about this one), Daniel/Vala, Jack/Sam. But Shep/Teyla started the shipping for me.

Ritter my main man or woman! Hahhaha!! I love your stories by the way...wanted to mention.

Oh I got who it is for Weir......Bring back Janus dude or dudette! It's all about Janus...remember the guy from Atlantis who was like McKay but calmer and cooler and so sweet..what a sweetheart!!! I think him and Weir would be amazing!

I should write a fic of them myself!! Look at that eposide with that hidden old lady who was Weir. You know what I'm talkign about.

I was feeling Ronon with Sora or Cadman. And Beckett with Sora or that Genii guy's sister..... I liked Sora.

Then I was thinking of McKay with ME...no actually if not ME then with Heightmeyer...I like him and his penchant for blondes.

Ford when he got his eye back?! Maybe some quite Athosian..if I knew her name I'd put her with that girl in the end of 'Conversion'...

But Janus/Weir all the way!

Comment

g'night all

Doxymom... Shep and Teyla welcome you...

Comment

oh pretty picture annie...Good Night!....Have Sweet Shepmagan Shippy Dreams!!!...

R.I.P Wraithlord
                              Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Luz,

Love your Seinfeld quote. It's my favorite. :-)

Shepmmagan...never heard that before. I like it better than Sheyla.

Comment

Working...
                                X