John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Panther
    Watched the Hive both times it aired to make sure I didn't miss anything. I even took notes. The second time I definitely had my shippy glasses on. So I might be reading too much into some of these scenes.

Spoiler:
    First, when John was brought back from the interrogation Teyla says, "Colonel?" in a worried but guarded tone. Than the wraith basically toss John into the cell. When they do this Teyla gets a worried/horrified look on her face. The second that the wraith are gone Teyla asks, "Are you unharmed?" in a very concerned voice with a matching expression on her face.

As in most if not all the episodes Teyla and John are right next to each other or Teyla is right behind him when they are together. Even when John warns Aiden to follow his lead as they escape. When John turns to leave Teyla immediately follows him as the other three pause and stare at John.

When John approaches Teyla's and Ronon's cell to free them. Teyla rushes to the door with a beautiful smile on her face.

When John goes to get a dart for them to escape Teyla gets this worried/pained expression on her face as she watches him leave. As Teyla and Ronon approach the dart bay she still has the expression on her face and her eyes are darting everywhere looking for John.

The end scene has John leaning against Teyla's bed in the infirmary watching Ronon get checked out. John turns to face Rodney as he enters. When Rodney asks, "Why aren't you dead?" John and Teyla exchange a look and Teyla gives John a small smile. Through out this conversation John and Teyla keep glancing at each other. With one of these glances John gives Teyla a small smile before turning back to Rodney and Caldwell.

Other points of interest. When John and Teyla wake up in separated cells they have the exact same reaction down to saying the exact same thing. "Where are the others?" Aiden explains to John that they have been separated probably to keep them from organizing an escape together. While Aiden says that John gets this horrified expression on his face. Than Aiden mentions that Ronon and Teyla were brought down easily so the enzyme is probably wearing off. John gets the same horrified expression on his face.
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent post Black Panther!! You caught tons of subtle things I missed when I saw this eppy! Good job!
    Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Black Panther, I didn't notice those little moments at the end of The Hive, this is a good excuse to watch it again.

green_eyed_lady, thanks for the episode recaps. I loved those scenes in The Rising and Home. That little fixing the hair gesture by Sheppard in The Rising was too cute.

Tracy Jane, I also chuckled when I heard that "our ride" comment. Sheppard sounded like a teenager setting up transportation for a date.

AthosianGirl,
      Spoiler:
      I agree that we should've seen some indication that Teyla's information on the Wraith Queen led to Sheppard's realizing that he should try to raise her suspicions about the queen of the other hive ship. The ball was also dropped when the team wasn't shown to be concerned about Rodney. There should've been a scene where they were told that he was alright - instead, they were shown arriving through the gate, just happy to be home. A nice scene, but it felt like something was missing.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
        Black Panther, I didn't notice those little moments at the end of The Hive, this is a good excuse to watch it again.

green_eyed_lady, thanks for the episode recaps. I loved those scenes in The Rising and Home. That little fixing the hair gesture by Sheppard in The Rising was too cute.

Tracy Jane, I also chuckled when I heard that "our ride" comment. Sheppard sounded like a teenager setting up transportation for a date.

AthosianGirl,
        Spoiler:
        I agree that we should've seen some indication that Teyla's information on the Wraith Queen led to Sheppard's realizing that he should try to raise her suspicions about the queen of the other hive ship. The ball was also dropped when the team wasn't shown to be concerned about Rodney. There should've been a scene where they were told that he was alright - instead, they were shown arriving through the gate, just happy to be home. A nice scene, but it felt like something was missing.
        Glad I'm not alone. Although ride is also a synonym for sex.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          All right Tracy Jane...I didn't think that when I first saw the episode but now every time I see that scene from now on I'm gonna being thinking about it!

Well Shep did take her home with him...*shakes head to clear out said thoughts and gets back to G-rated thoughts*

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            That's right! I can't believe I didn't think of that.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

Haha. I have your imaginations running riot. Fanfic time, I think.

Comment

AG, I agree with you I was expecting it, somewhere in the conversation, but when it didn't come up i was well okay. But i see what you mean, some acknowledgement would have been nice.

TJ, the 'our ride' was funny so you weren't alone, thought i more liked the part, and Teyla's expression when she said "Thought you abandoned me"....

BlackPanther, You've got good eyes, guess the shippy glasses help...

R.I.P Wraithlord
                Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Ok.... glad I'm not the only one.

*sighs breath of relief*

Comment

I posted the Sparky opposite of this question over at the Sparky thread, out of curiosity to what they would say.... but I figured why not ask it for my ship too? Okay so... with that in mind.....

If the writers did go ahead with Sheyla (which I hope they do!) how far would you like them to go with the ship? The two of them have admited their love for each other? They are casually dating? They are seriously dating? Engaged? Married? Married with kids? How far?

I am currently undecided.... but it would be great to have an admission, regardless of where it goes after that!

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
                      I posted the Sparky opposite of this question over at the Sparky thread, out of curiosity to what they would say.... but I figured why not ask it for my ship too? Okay so... with that in mind.....

If the writers did go ahead with Sheyla (which I hope they do!) how far would you like them to go with the ship? The two of them have admited their love for each other? They are casually dating? They are seriously dating? Engaged? Married? Married with kids? How far?

I am currently undecided.... but it would be great to have an admission, regardless of where it goes after that!
                      Hey!
                      Liked you popping into Sparky! People are discussing.
                      May I answer here aswell?
                      I'm Sparky but I wouldn't mind to see Shep/Teyla in the end. I'd be a little sad but not heartbroken.
                      I'd like to see them dating during the show. Everything that goes beyond dating would be too soap opera-like. It would definitely change the whole show and the team dynamics.
                      In the very last ep they might marry or have children or sth else. Would be cute somehow.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes, dating till the end, then marriage in the last ep. (and Teyla totally has to do the belly rub I might be pregnant thing like from 100 days )

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady

I think definitely dating. Doesn't have to take over the show, in the background is fine, just so we know. Anything else would take away from the show i think. And married or engaged in the last few episodes, i don't just want it rushed out in the last episode. As for the kids, I agree with Gatelover, Teyla doing a belly rub, would be nice, as a closure for them. That's my hoping. But an admission of feelings, would be good to. Fandom can expand on the rest (not like we don't already do that..)

R.I.P Wraithlord
                          Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                            Hey!
                            Liked you popping into Sparky! People are discussing.
                            May I answer here aswell?
                            I'm Sparky but I wouldn't mind to see Shep/Teyla in the end. I'd be a little sad but not heartbroken.
                            I'd like to see them dating during the show. Everything that goes beyond dating would be too soap opera-like. It would definitely change the whole show and the team dynamics.
                            In the very last ep they might marry or have children or sth else. Would be cute somehow.
                            Aww thanks...

Yeah I totally agree..... and like with most ships that weren't anything other than friends with some UST at the pilot, just dating is more than enough. In fact, I kind of find myself perfering the UST more and more.... it has a bit more suspense, and... well tension (though that redundant of me to say so).

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
                              I think definitely dating. Doesn't have to take over the show, in the background is fine, just so we know. Anything else would take away from the show i think. And married or engaged in the last few episodes, i don't just want it rushed out in the last episode. As for the kids, I agree with Gatelover, Teyla doing a belly rub, would be nice, as a closure for them. That's my hoping. But an admission of feelings, would be good to. Fandom can expand on the rest (not like we don't already do that..)
                              Yeah, you and Gatelover have excellent points there!

What me? I don't expand on things! -makes shifty eyes as she hides all her fan-fic rough drafts that have never really been finished-.... Not at all!!

Speaking of fanfic....... we should start doing fic challenges here!!!
                              Last edited by green_eyed_lady; 07 January 2006, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                                *Camy moves over to AG...*

Psst...do we have any of those mind Shep/Teyla brainwashing machines..?
                                [NoDot, upside down, hovers down and explains]

NoDot: "Nope, I was busy destroying them while you were trying to toss me out of the thread after I destroyed the 'secret' lab."

BTW, sanssong, good to see a new person here. Don't mind my occasional role-play comments.

[edit] BTW, people, double-posting isn't liked, anywhere on these forums.
                                This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X