John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
    Re your point, I'm not going to discuss your views about S/W or what the male demographic want (because I'm not male and aged 18-25 mainly and I wouldn't know) because it wouldn't be appropriate, however, I like Teyla, and I'd really hate her to just remain the "hot alien chick" that the young guys lust over. What do you guys think should be done with the character that would make her more than that?
    Amen to that AC. (That's what I'm going to call you because I can't spell your full name to save my life) Anyway I'd hate for the same thing, I'm a shipper for reasons beyond... "oohhh, they'd look cute having sex together."

WRONG

Okay, I'm better now. I loved it when Teyla was more of the alien... less fitting in to Atlantis, it made her character more diverse. Now she uses their weapons, dresses in their uniforms, and we don't see the Athosians anymore. Ronon is the new Teal'c (very literally). I think Teyla's character just needs to be round, by no means does she have to get a disfiguring injury, but less of the "hot alien chick" and more of the tough girl who can kick Shep's butt and outwit Rodney in an arguement. We just need more background... now back to catching up on all the other posts.
    Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
      Yes that dreaded white screen....urgh...

Ok i'm going to try and post this...
      So i've just finished watching 'The Hive'....The Shep/Teyla moments i saw first time around...

Spoiler:

1. When the wraith return with Sheppard, Teyla softly says, "Colonel", and being the caring girl that she is, she asks if he's harmed. She doesn't run to him or anything like that. (even though that would have been wonderful..)

2. Even while escaping, Teyla and John are side by side.

3. They utter almost the same sentence. "Where are the others?"...just thought that was cute.

4. And that ending, when Mckay walking in asking how they are alive, the smile they share, so cute. You can see they share something, that they can understand what the other is thinking.......and as John tells them what happens he keeps looking to Teyla....

I was going to do that Witchy but you beat me to it, hopefully we'll be able to relax slightly because their will be all those caring moments that makes us go squee. I loved the "are you unharmed?" line, nobody else was going to ask it, though I did think Teyla got off alittle easy on her enzyme dose... same with Ronon.

I want to see character development for everyone this season, and I'm crossing my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
        melpomene, that vid is amazing. I can't stop playing it. The song, the images... beautiful... just beautiful.
        Thank you

Comment

Just going through some old season 1 episode transcripts (I'm bored to death)

I always thought this was a cute scene in "Home".

SHEPPARD: Well, how's our patient doing?

DOCTOR: We're all done, Major. She's free to go.

(John walks over to Teyla.)

TEYLA: I was afraid you had abandoned me.

SHEPPARD: Just setting up our ride.
          Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
            Just going through some old season 1 episode transcripts (I'm bored to death)

I always thought this was a cute scene in "Home".

SHEPPARD: Well, how's our patient doing?

DOCTOR: We're all done, Major. She's free to go.

(John walks over to Teyla.)

TEYLA: I was afraid you had abandoned me.

SHEPPARD: Just setting up our ride.
            I know it's desperately immature, but I have to laugh at the "our ride" bit.
            Last edited by Tracy Jane; 07 January 2006, 10:01 AM.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Hmmm... funny TJ, I just prefer to think about it as he's actually going to do something romantic, even some harmless flirting later.

Comment

Okay 'Hive'!

First off I saw this part and loved it...

Originally posted by Witchblade007
                Spoiler:
                1. When the wraith return with Sheppard, Teyla softly says, "Colonel", and being the caring girl that she is, she asks if he's harmed. She doesn't run to him or anything like that. (even though that would have been wonderful..)
                One thing I would have like to see was
                Spoiler:
                Shep, at the end of the episode give some credit to Teyla for her part in the destruction of the hive ships...I mean how did Shep know to use the knowledge that the Wraith Queen wasn't happy about something other than Teyla told him she was angry and worried...And what did Shep say to the Wraith Queen to make her unsure of Shep and his statement he was a wraith collaborator, Shep told her he worked for the queen on the other hive ship that he only knew arrived because Teyla told him...so I would have like to see him say 'Thanks to Teyla'

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                  Hmmm... funny TJ, I just prefer to think about it as he's actually going to do something romantic, even some harmless flirting later.
                  You know what? I wrote a different word for laugh, and it decided to filter me. Bizarre. It must have some sort of weird and rude meaning in American English.

Comment

.... And here are some more cute scenes! These are (as I'm sure you know) from "the rising".

SHEPPARD: Ah, it's, uh, (he takes off his goggles, fixes his hair and smiles at Teyla) it's nice to meet you.

TEYLA: I am Teyla Emmagan, daughter of Turghan.

SUMNER: Colonel Marshall Sumner, Major Sheppard, Lieutenant Ford. We have very few specific needs.

TEYLA: We do not trade with strangers.

SUMNER: Is that a fact?

SHEPPARD: Well, then, we'll just, uh, we'll have to get to know each other. Me, um, I like, uh, Ferris Wheels and, uh, college football; anything that goes more than two hundred miles per hour.

I have always loved how he pulls off his goggles and straightens his hair...... trying to make an impression eh Shep? I also love how he stutters a bit when he says the last line.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      I know it's desperately immature, but I have to laugh at the "our ride" bit.
                      -snicker- Yeah well... I'm despertaley immature too!

I never even thought of it that way though!

Comment

I loved the bit where he started talking about college football, and poor Teyla's "wtf?" face!!!

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
                          -snicker- Yeah well... I'm despertaley immature too!

I never even thought of it that way though!
                          No. I only thought of it that way because it was posted like that on the Sheyla thread. Totally out of context.

Comment

I love the part in Home where Shep is telling Teyla about football and ferris wheels and the popcorn "We can get some more"

Comment

Watched the Hive both times it aired to make sure I didn't miss anything. I even took notes. The second time I definitely had my shippy glasses on. So I might be reading too much into some of these scenes.

Spoiler:
                              First, when John was brought back from the interrogation Teyla says, "Colonel?" in a worried but guarded tone. Than the wraith basically toss John into the cell. When they do this Teyla gets a worried/horrified look on her face. The second that the wraith are gone Teyla asks, "Are you unharmed?" in a very concerned voice with a matching expression on her face.

As in most if not all the episodes Teyla and John are right next to each other or Teyla is right behind him when they are together. Even when John warns Aiden to follow his lead as they escape. When John turns to leave Teyla immediately follows him as the other three pause and stare at John.

When John approaches Teyla's and Ronon's cell to free them. Teyla rushes to the door with a beautiful smile on her face.

When John goes to get a dart for them to escape Teyla gets this worried/pained expression on her face as she watches him leave. As Teyla and Ronon approach the dart bay she still has the expression on her face and her eyes are darting everywhere looking for John.

The end scene has John leaning against Teyla's bed in the infirmary watching Ronon get checked out. John turns to face Rodney as he enters. When Rodney asks, "Why aren't you dead?" John and Teyla exchange a look and Teyla gives John a small smile. Through out this conversation John and Teyla keep glancing at each other. With one of these glances John gives Teyla a small smile before turning back to Rodney and Caldwell.

Other points of interest. When John and Teyla wake up in separated cells they have the exact same reaction down to saying the exact same thing. "Where are the others?" Aiden explains to John that they have been separated probably to keep them from organizing an escape together. While Aiden says that John gets this horrified expression on his face. Than Aiden mentions that Ronon and Teyla were brought down easily so the enzyme is probably wearing off. John gets the same horrified expression on his face.
                              Last edited by Black Panther; 07 January 2006, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                I loved the bit where he started talking about college football, and poor Teyla's "wtf?" face!!!

LOL! Yeah..... priceless WTF face!

Comment

Working...
                                X