John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Sanssong! Welcome to the fray!

*Passes Sanssong some Sheylan Hawaii Pizza and turns the Macarena up nice and loud.*

Wait a sec

*Gives a sticky to Steve to put on Sanssong's back saying "Sheylan and Proud"*

Now you're really one of us!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong
      *blushes profusely* Uh.... yeah.... *squeak* that's me. Thanks for the kind compliments and for the warm welcome. :-)
      Thanks me?

Thank you! You have no idea how much I love your fanfic! Does this ship so proud!

I'm glad you are stopping by and chat with us all...

Its always so neat to see and hear new people's opinions!

Comment

A newbie jumping in here- (waves to all)

To tell you the truth I don't think S/W would get good ratings at all. In fact I think if the writers pursued it seriously, ratings would tank.

Here's why.

The predominant audience for SGA is male ages 18-25. As much as the S/Wers love to think they are perfect for each other, the fact is, Weir looks older than Sheppard does (regardless of their actual age) but more importantly, she fullfills the authorty figure/mother role on Atlantis. Not exactly sexually apealing to guys that age.

If TPTB tried to make something romanitc between Shep and Weir it would have their target audience staying away in droves. J/T will always get more ratings with this demographic because Teyla is the hot young alien that the majority of them fantisize themselves with. Heck based on some comments from the DVD commentaries- I'd even say it's who TPTB wish they could be with!

And yes, the quote from Joe was from a recent interview!

Are you the one who wrote Perspective, the story that I downloaded and saved to my computer because I love it so much. We talk about your work alot, even though some of it is older. Of course, welcome to the forum. Be sure to register with Stargate Omega and Warrior's forum for discussion times.

http://www.stargateomega.com/forum/index.php

Warrior's Site

http://rachelluttrell.forumup.co.uk/

We sometimes use these for Shepmagen chatters, which we do every once in awhile. It's when we meet and just post away all at the same time.

Shep and Teyla say HI
        Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome! I feel so loved. (Are you sure it's safe to have a wriath around?)

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
            Thanks me?

Thank you! You have no idea how much I love your fanfic! Does this ship so proud!

I'm glad you are stopping by and chat with us all...

Its always so neat to see and hear new people's opinions!

Thank you. I had no idea so many people read my work. I'm most happily surprised. I don't usually post to the public boards because STF keeps me very busy, but the previous thread caught my attention and I had time to respond so I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
              Are you the one who wrote Perspective, the story that I downloaded and saved to my computer because I love it so much. We talk about your work alot, even though some of it is older. Of course, welcome to the forum. Be sure to register with Stargate Omega and Warrior's forum for discussion times.

http://www.stargateomega.com/forum/index.php

Warrior's Site

http://rachelluttrell.forumup.co.uk/

We sometimes use these for Shepmagen chatters, which we do every once in awhile. It's when we meet and just post away all at the same time.

Shep and Teyla say HI
              Yes, I'm the author of Perspective- I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And with feedback like this- I may have to get writing again! I've been so busy with STF and my BSG board that I've not had much time left over for writing. :-(

I thank you all for your warm welcome and I'll check out your other discussion threads.

Comment

Thank you. I had no idea so many people read my work. I'm most happily surprised.
                That's probably because when I first started to read fanfic I didn't give reviews because I was just getting into this whole post on the internet thing...now I post reviews all the time!

I don't usually post to the public boards because STF keeps me very busy, but the previous thread caught my attention and I had time to respond so I did.
                This is actually my first forum! I browsed for a while before actually posting...because I was a fan from episode one...but this forum is so great. It introduced me to some great other fans, Shepmagan shippers and Sparky shippers!

I just like this whole forum because it allows me to get in touch with fans from all over the world who are just as avid as me!

Comment

Hi Athosian Girl

I have reactivated your account on my Rachel Luttrell forum so you should be able to log in and chat.

I've posted a topic regarding Sheppards feelings towards Teyla (The Long Goodbye spoilers) so everyone check em out and see if you agree.

Enjoy "The Hive" tonight

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                    Hi Athosian Girl

I have reactivated your account on my Rachel Luttrell forum so you should be able to log in and chat.

I've posted a topic regarding Sheppards feelings towards Teyla (The Long Goodbye spoilers) so everyone check em out and see if you agree.

Enjoy "The Hive" tonight
                    Oh Thank You!

I have no idea what I did wrong but it's posting time!

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome! I feel so loved. (Are you sure it's safe to have a wriath around?)
                      That's what I asked at first. But both our wraiths (Bob and Steve) are fully house trained. I occasionally get unwanted attention from Steve, but Witchy keeps him in check with her broom (welcome to the madness)

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        That's what I asked at first. But both our wraiths (Bob and Steve) are fully house trained. I occasionally get unwanted attention from Steve, but Witchy keeps him in check with her broom (welcome to the madness)
                        but he just wants to do the Macarena with you TJ...

And feeding the shepmagan jukebox in Caz's absense.....

Teyla and Sheppard on their way to see 'The Hive'.....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                        Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Yeah, yeah. I've seen his fanfics, Witchy. I know what sort of Macarena AG has been encouraging him to dance.

Comment

A newbie jumping in here- (waves to all)

To tell you the truth I don't think S/W would get good ratings at all. In fact I think if the writers pursued it seriously, ratings would tank.

Here's why.

The predominant audience for SGA is male ages 18-25. As much as the S/Wers love to think they are perfect for each other, the fact is, Weir looks older than Sheppard does (regardless of their actual age) but more importantly, she fullfills the authorty figure/mother role on Atlantis. Not exactly sexually apealing to guys that age.

If TPTB tried to make something romanitc between Shep and Weir it would have their target audience staying away in droves. J/T will always get more ratings with this demographic because Teyla is the hot young alien that the majority of them fantisize themselves with. Heck based on some comments from the DVD commentaries- I'd even say it's who TPTB wish they could be with!

And yes, the quote from Joe was from a recent interview!

Hi!! Welecome!

Good points! Thats interesting I didn't kno that was the age demographic!
                            Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Yeah... that's why Atlantis is so more "cool" than SGa... you know, the new glitzy gate and space ships and stuff. And hot aliens in skimpy clothes. It's the 18-25 demographic.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                                No..it's all good in Shep/Teyla land...

I think we need a group hug..

John stop squeezing me so hard...hehehehe...Teyla stop pinching him....
                                Bob stay away from AG...Witchy...get that broom over here and stop flying around Cpt. Ritter's head....SP...put that book down for a minute and join us as we chant...Kumba Ya....Trippy, your hair is my way again, can you cut down on the hairspray a bit...it is harmful for the environment you know...
                                KNOCK IT OFF, Steve and Bob..I am a married woman...Mel...put your headphones down and come listen to some Spanish music...how about...
                                BESAME!..oh, love that song...John and Teyla..I didn't say you could KISS..that is the title of the Spanish song I want Mel to hear...maybe she can do a vid in Spanish...OHHHH....TJ...stop staring at the other room...and focus on this room a bit more...hehehehe...*humor again*

Oh, my goodness this is worse than my three boys at home!

HEY CHILLIN IS THAT YOU!? Long time don't hear from you...How was your holiday..Happy New Year, hon!

Hey, PM me or something..don't be a stranger will ya.
                                Okay, if you send me the song I will think about it. No promises now. I have to be able to 'get' the song or I don't make it. I'm a bit of a perfectionist about my work so I don't take on a song unless I think I can do it to the best of my capabilities. I have done two vids in spanish already for SG-1. Despite the fact that I don't speak the the language. (Thank God for online lyrics translation sites!) If you're interested in spanish vids my Sam/Jack vid to Enrique Iglesias's Tres Palabras is available at http://trust-no-01.com/mel.html unfortunately my other spanish vid, and my Shep/Teyla vid You and Me aren't there yet, due to the fact that my vidding hostess seems to have dissapeared...

Comment

Working...
                                X