No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! Can't wait to see the new episodes tonight!

I have a question... I've seen pictures like the one above where Teyla's hair seems to have some curl. When was this during the series? The first season? I generally only get to see the episodes once or twice and I feel guilty having to ask, but I always picture her with the straightened hair. [Also, all the pictures I've seen with the curly hair are from the back. It is Teyla, right? It certainly looks like her well-defined shoulders and strong, yet delicate, hands. Any pictures with the curlier hair from the front? It might jolt my old and addled brain. Thanks!]

And, oh, yes, what a niiiice picture. Quietly romantic.

Enjoy tonight!

edit: How did Camy see me before I posted? I swear there's something about that woman...
    [LOL]

Comment

It's my Camsters! Hee! Got your e-mail mommy...I can't even talk about it right now, but I did reply. ::hugs her really tight:: Love you.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony Wolf
        Hi Everyone, I just came to say hi and, to give everyone Big Sheppard Smiles.
        Ooh, hello! ::waves:: Good to see you again! Hope you visit us more often -- especially if you bring lots of Sheppard smilies with you!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

The curly/wavy haired Teyla is from early first season. After that it started getting shorter, straighter, and a much lighter color.

AG's pic of Lost Boys reminded me of something:
          Spoiler:
          When John had his head on Teyla's lap, and he regained consciousness I noticed something...even after talking, he didn't open his eyes, for awhile, and he said a few lines before finally getting up....that could mean anything, but also when they flip the view around, i'm not sure but it looks as though Teyla had her hand close to his hair?....anyway, i think John may have been very comfortable....

R.I.P Wraithlord
          Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

The curly hair is season one. At least on the promo pics it is

In terms of eps, I think it's Rising through til Hot Zone (it's still slightly curly in Hot Zone but a lot shorter)
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
              The curly/wavy haired Teyla is from early first season. After that it started getting shorter, straighter, and a much lighter color. ...
              Thanks! I figured it was probably from the first season. Now I'll have to catch a rerun. I like the curly hair.

And thanks, to you, too, Tracy Jane! That does look familiar, now!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                In terms of eps, I think it's Rising through til Hot Zone (it's still slightly curly in Hot Zone but a lot shorter)
                It got shorter in Underground, not sure when it went straight though...

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Thanks for that. I wasn't quite sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    You're more than welcome.

It's just a shame that noone else can get onto GW to read it and do the happy dance with you!!!

*straightens Macarena skirt and holds her head up high*

So the writers are still *writing* for Sheyla, even if Sparky is seen as the predominant ship!

Yeah....

Thats good...... proves the writers actually have some courage to go with their original plan (or so I heard) rather than what will get the most ratings.

How old was the quote though?
                    Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
                      Yeah....

Thats good...... proves the writers actually have some courage to go with their original plan (or so I heard) rather than what will get the most ratings.

How old was the quote though?
                      I think it's a new quote.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                        Yup, take whatever you would like. Glad ya like it!

THANK YOU!!!!!!! *hugs*

*is all happy now because she has a beautiful sig*
                        Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
                          Yeah....

A newbie jumping in here- (waves to all)

To tell you the truth I don't think S/W would get good ratings at all. In fact I think if the writers pursued it seriously, ratings would tank.

Here's why.

The predominant audience for SGA is male ages 18-25. As much as the S/Wers love to think they are perfect for each other, the fact is, Weir looks older than Sheppard does (regardless of their actual age) but more importantly, she fullfills the authorty figure/mother role on Atlantis. Not exactly sexually apealing to guys that age.

If TPTB tried to make something romanitc between Shep and Weir it would have their target audience staying away in droves. J/T will always get more ratings with this demographic because Teyla is the hot young alien that the majority of them fantisize themselves with. Heck based on some comments from the DVD commentaries- I'd even say it's who TPTB wish they could be with!

And yes, the quote from Joe was from a recent interview!

Comment

Hello sanssong!

Wait a minute!

sanssong? THE sanssong!

Writer of fabulous fanfic that always gets me in a shippy mood?

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
                              Hello sanssong!

Wait a minute!

sanssong? THE sanssong!

Writer of fabulous fanfic that always gets me in a shippy mood?

*blushes profusely* Uh.... yeah.... *squeak* that's me. Thanks for the kind compliments and for the warm welcome. :-)

Comment

Welcome Sanssong!!!

you're a favorite around here for your fanfics....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                                Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Working...
                                X