John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    This is awkward. I'm seeing almost the same posts that we had in the Sparky Thread after Conversion here after TLG. Maybe these eps. are mirror images.

As for the line directed to Weir... Well let me first point out that I think that, after thinking it over, it seems that Halan was lying from almost start to finish which is why some people say that Joe's portraying of Halan was a bit below of what they were expecting of him. What they were expecting was a completely different character from John, but seeing that Halan was acting as John to gain some trust it seemed like John was there through out the episode.

Now, to the point. IMHO, I don't think that, after reading some (okay, a LOT ) of spoilers that I would personally take it as very shippy (seeing that the man was said to have been begging for his life.. at the hands of a woman! -insert evil laughter here- ). For me, it all depends on the after shock. What the after shock is implying depends on the viewer.

I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble because that's a aweful thing to do and I think we all deserve a bone tossed over here and there once in a while.
    Until they make up ther MIND and stop messing with us!

BTW, it's a bit OT but if yo go on google.com and type 'failure' and press I'm feeling lucky, you should get this page:

I'm Feeling Lucky
    I was so surprized when I saw this. I mean I always thought that he was doing a great job. [/sarcasm]

Comment

Camy, I can't send you the rest of my assessment until you clear some of your PM's, cara.

*feeds jukebox- hey, someone's got to do it*

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip
        Camy, I can't send you the rest of my assessment until you clear some of your PM's, cara.

*feeds jukebox- hey, someone's got to do it*
        LOL, i was going to do this same thing, clear you inbox Camy, i was trying to PM you.

Comment

'38 Minutes"

The purpose for the episode ’38 Minutes’ was to have a character driven plotline that helped create a team dynamic (which is essential to the Stargate Atlantis series in my opinion)

‘Knocking our hero on his ass’ caused the other characters to step up and take charge (I wonder why I liked this episode so much)

While McKay whines through the episode he saves the day in the end but it is actually Joe Flannigan who, this being his first scifi show, thought that the idea of a life sucking bug attacked to his throat had to be ‘the worst B-movie that anyone has ever been trapped in…this is going to be incredibly stupid’ But the final product was a hit and looked great so it layed Joe’s fears to rest about SciFi. (B-movie, bugs and peril…Make a great storyline!)

Joe Flannigan was not happy with the role of Shep during this episode because he doesn’t get to do anything and has to stay sitting in one spot all during the shooting. Joe also says that while he didn’t like shooting scenes such as this the episode overall accomplished what is was supposed to and the dynamic between Shep and McKay was established as they both realize each other’s weakness’ and strengths. (I also liked Ford and Teyla and Beckett in this episode. This was a great episode for character development and team relationship)

Torri H. liked this episode for the way it expanded on Weir’s leadership because she got to interact with the members of Atlantis. She is working with mostly men but still finds herself in control and in charge of the team. She doesn’t have to demand that her voice be heard so this was an episode that really helped define Weir’ leadership abilities.

The episode actually ran short so the scenes with Zelenka and Halling were added later to fill up time.

Trivia: The plastic bug is lovingly refered to as the ‘plastic lobster’ by the cast of Atlantis!

I loved this episode! The team dynamic that we saw was great.

To make this Shepmagan shippy…

I loved the fact that the first thing Shep asks after regains conciousness from being knocked out when the puddle jumper lodged in the gate was to inquiry as to how Teyla was…

Or the fact that Teyla got to cut Shep’s shirt off…now if only if the circumstances had been different!
          Last edited by AthosianGirl; 04 January 2006, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
            Or the fact that Teyla got to cut Shep’s shirt off…now if only if the circumstances had been different!
            Actually that was Ford.

But if only to be in that man's shoes...

Comment

Ok Marathon is over....

Well, I guess i'm late again. Everything has been said, and i can't add anything intelligent.

So i'll go back to my fanfic, and videos....

R.I.P Wraithlord
              Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                Actually that was Ford.

But if only to be in that man's shoes...
                Oh he did?

Well who ever did it..I got to see some Shep! Errr wrong thread!

To make this post shippy!

Hey Witchy...I'm watching 'Aurora' right now.... ...my brother still laughs at the moment between these two at the start of the episode!

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
                  Oh he did?

Well who ever did it..I got to see some Shep! Errr wrong thread!

To make this post shippy!

http://img415.imageshack.us/img415/5...ylastar6br.png

Hey Witchy...I'm watching 'Aurora' right now.... ...my brother still laughs at the moment between these two at the start of the episode!
                  No no....It was Teyla doing the cutting.....not Ford....I remember he had to tell her twice to cut his shirt off....and twice to move his tags.....I think a bare chested Sheppie confused Teyla...

That was a funny scene....I missed the first 4 episodes...but i had those recorded already so it's all good.

Love the sig....the words are so J/T....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                  Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
                    No no....It was Teyla doing the cutting.....not Ford....I remember he had to tell her twice to cut his shirt off....and twice to move his tags.....I think a bare chested Sheppie confused Teyla...
                    Shep's manly chest took her breath away!

Comment

Okay...left and went searching for this!

This is the view Teyla had of Shep!

This is Teyla's reaction:

Even the wraith queen likes the view!

And well even Steve thinks Shep looks good or should I say tasty!

Comment

lol! good one
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, she did seem stunned for a second. A hidden crush maybe, or am I too hoping?
                          Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                            Yeah, she did seem stunned for a second. A hidden crush maybe, or am I too hoping?

*shrugs* Meh this is shipper country.... no such thing as hoping too much here!
                            Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
                              *shrugs* Meh this is shipper country.... no such thing as hoping too much here!
                              Hoping and wishing makes a ship go round!

Okay smiley story time!

Gossiping in Atlantis

wants to ask out but isn't so sure how...so he asks who tells who makes a comment to who meets who is next to how he should go about asking out...but by this time everyone has heard likes even over on Earth knows so in the end doesn't need to ask because she's alreay heard from everyone else that shes going out on a date.

Comment

Geez, AG -- I'd green you if I had any more rep points left! That post is hilarious! But that's why we love you!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Working...
                                X