No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys... I'm a sparky shipper and I come in peace too... I lurked and saw that some sparky people survived the thread so... let's try my luck.

No, seriously, I am amazed by the respect both sparky and Teyla/shep (is there a word for this ship?) fans show to each other. I love that.

Anyway I'm here because I'm totally lost. I've been a sparky fan from Rising and never got the Teyla/Shep UST... though I see a huge respect and deep friendship.
    The thing is that I don't know anymore. TPTB are toying with both our groups and I kindda regret the way they do it. I loved to be able to guess the ship, you should never show it, especially when we know they will never resolve it, never really choose. I love balcony scenes as much as I enjoy sticks fights, I love to be able to interpret them as I see fit.

Now, when I had
    Spoiler:
    this hug in Siege part3, I was astounded. It was so OOC from Elizabeth.. it was just... too much. And then there was these scenes in Conversion and the terrible 'It's better for the both of us'sentence. It was so bad I almost wished I wasn't a shipper. Or maybe I'm a bad shipper...

But then we have TLG, with this big announce of a kiss and explanations and yadda yadda and what I saw was only some Shep/Teyla ... thing. And for the first time since the neckless scene in Rising I saw some real shippy tension between those two.

So yeah I'm lost, and a bit mad... And sometimes I wish the writers would stop exploring Teyla and Weir through their relatioship with John, and give them original stories. Oh and to see that they at least talk to each other would be awesome too.

Anyway that was just an temporary interruption of your program, you can go back your normal activities...

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*
    Je me souviens

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
      SP...I need your help...I'm stuck on Chapter 7...can't get any inspiration..all this happening with TLG got me in an awful slump mood..but now that we got this great news...I'm back...but still clueless...help...
      Camy don't be sad...here is a link to a review of 'TLG" from a John/Teyla fan! (DANGER SPOILERS AHEAD!)
      http://www.livejournal.com/community...95.html#cutid1

I hope you get some inspiration...I was stuck and then once I got into my class at college I found my muse....Boredom!

I'm going to try to finish my story 'You're with me' before 'Hive' airs on Friday since the only reason I started writing the fic was because I wasn't too thrilled with all the spoilers I had been reading

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman and dark_faith...How do you do? I will so answer that question in a few more hours...I really should be in bed and anything I wrote now probably wouldn't make any sense...

Comment

Camy you are more than welcome to post pic's using the [ img] tag - you can post as many as you like! Sorry about all the confusion.

But when you QUOTE someone's post and that post contains an image, you need to take the tags out and leave in the link to the image.

A QUOTE is when you hit the Quote button, and the portion of that person's post appears in your post in BLUE. If an image is going to appear on that Blue background in your post then that means it is a QUOTE.

Major Trip explained it all so much better than I managed!
        Last edited by GateGipsy; 04 January 2006, 01:25 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Well I'd like to say that of course I stand with the Shepmagen Other-Shipper Welcome Policy. We accept all people. We are all about love! Feel free to drop by anytime

As a Shep/Teyla shipper from day one I would have to say that there's one thing I've noticed about Shep/Teyla's and Shep/Weir's. Mainly that we're exactly alike except in reverse. Neither ship has reached the point where anyone can call it canon. So as a general rule, we see Shep/Teyla as a couple, ya'll see Shep/Weir as a couple and we each see the other ship as mere friendship. And then of course there's some fence-riders trying to remain ambivilent and avoid dissapointment. Lucky folks who can make it work...

So of course for most of us it started from day one. Usually with either the tent scene or the cave scene(wow). I never could see anything but friendship and colleagues in Shep/Weir. But when it's Shep and Teyla...sparks fly, the sky lights up...er, they smile a lot... Like I said we're like you guys. Every glance, every move, every disagreement and struggle to see the others point of view. The protectiveness and worried looks. And of course our own personal balchony scene in Suspicion... The sparring of course is a big plus And I'm rather fond of the hall scene and popcorn/football in Hide and Seek. I see Shep/Teyla everywhere. Oh, and Home. Teyla had no memories of earth so she was automatically with Sheppard. Hmmm? He took her shopping. How many guys will take a woman shopping when she doesn't even know she wants to go shopping? It's all about ship

Comment

Second your thoughts, mel.
            Sometimes I think I'm really weird bc an ep is great for me if I had some Sparky. It's really like searching every little scene and hint in it and sometimes I wonder if we overdo it. You know, like interpreting a poem. The author might not have thought anything while wirting it but we have to see his life, love or whatever in it.
            On the other hand I think this is what defines shipping. Being excited, disappointed, confident...
            What I love about Sparky is that John once in a while behaves like a child when he's around Liz (Duet, the conversation about Ronon).
            But just bc I see my sparky moments doesn't mean I don't see the moments John and Teyla share. These are of course the cave scene, TLG, Home, Suspicion, Hide and Seek... Well especially the first episodes.
            To be honest, at first I was into the Shela idea. I guess bc in the very first eps they didn't know what to do with Liz. And through bringing John and Liz in equal positions as the leaders of Atlantis tptb brought Liz to John and to me as well. Storm/The eye and Home then caught me as a Sparky. Hard to tell why. I just saw it.

It's nice to see that all shippers can talk about shipping without teasing each other. Like it!

Jen
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
              Well I'd like to say that of course I stand with the Shepmagen Other-Shipper Welcome Policy. We accept all people. We are all about love! Feel free to drop by anytime

As a Shep/Teyla shipper from day one I would have to say that there's one thing I've noticed about Shep/Teyla's and Shep/Weir's. Mainly that we're exactly alike except in reverse. Neither ship has reached the point where anyone can call it canon. So as a general rule, we see Shep/Teyla as a couple, ya'll see Shep/Weir as a couple and we each see the other ship as mere friendship. And then of course there's some fence-riders trying to remain ambivilent and avoid dissapointment. Lucky folks who can make it work...

So of course for most of us it started from day one. Usually with either the tent scene or the cave scene(wow). I never could see anything but friendship and colleagues in Shep/Weir. But when it's Shep and Teyla...sparks fly, the sky lights up...er, they smile a lot... Like I said we're like you guys. Every glance, every move, every disagreement and struggle to see the others point of view. The protectiveness and worried looks. And of course our own personal balchony scene in Suspicion... The sparring of course is a big plus And I'm rather fond of the hall scene and popcorn/football in Hide and Seek. I see Shep/Teyla everywhere. Oh, and Home. Teyla had no memories of earth so she was automatically with Sheppard. Hmmm? He took her shopping. How many guys will take a woman shopping when she doesn't even know she wants to go shopping? It's all about ship

I totally agree with your second paragraph... Your third I see differently, but that's the point of the second paragraph... oooh I'm confused. Anyhow, I'm a great fan of having 'ship kept as sub-text because otherwise someone gets disappointed and that's just bad. Plus PTB can't do 'ship so they'd better just leave it alone.

Plus Atlantis is more than just 'ship, oui?

Comment

Camy, hon, you didn't respond to my PM yet, but I wanted to tell you I saw "TLG" for myself (thanks to a veryvery dear friend) and I can probably answer any questions you have from my perspective. Holla at me when you can!

*feeds jukebox 'cause I can*

Sig by Camy

Comment

Who said back to "normal" actions. Hahaha! There is no normal on this thread!
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                    Plus Atlantis is more than just 'ship, oui?
                    I'll agree with you on that: it's a floating city where there's at least 20 different ships.
                    This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                      Oh, he will love it..although he is much into action figures..but who cares..I'll tell him that John is like Spiderman...his all time favorite for the past year...
                      he did do that whole spidey thing in Conversion, right!

LOL yes he did!!!
                      Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                        Hullo! Shweir shipper here *ducks*

No no! I'm friendly! I swear! I was just wondering you know, what it was in their relationship that you guys like? Not criticism Just honest to goodness curiosity I don't see more than deep friendship but I'm biased I wanna see it from your point of view if you will allow it

You know, how like we in the John/Liz ship read a lot into the glances they give each other and how we love those balcony scenes etc... what makes you guys squee and see as uber shippy?

*sets up a dummy CCB hoping that if arrows fly they'll hit the decoy*
                        Hi! Thanks for the post! I personally love how concerned they get for each other. Also IMHO they have this really strong connection, and Shep was at first the only one who trusted her, and it was cute!

Comment

Originally posted by dark_faith
                          Hi guys... I'm a sparky shipper and I come in peace too... I lurked and saw that some sparky people survived the thread so... let's try my luck.

No, seriously, I am amazed by the respect both sparky and Teyla/shep (is there a word for this ship?) fans show to each other. I love that.

Anyway I'm here because I'm totally lost. I've been a sparky fan from Rising and never got the Teyla/Shep UST... though I see a huge respect and deep friendship.
                          The thing is that I don't know anymore. TPTB are toying with both our groups and I kindda regret the way they do it. I loved to be able to guess the ship, you should never show it, especially when we know they will never resolve it, never really choose. I love balcony scenes as much as I enjoy sticks fights, I love to be able to interpret them as I see fit.

Now, when I had
                          Spoiler:
                          this hug in Siege part3, I was astounded. It was so OOC from Elizabeth.. it was just... too much. And then there was these scenes in Conversion and the terrible 'It's better for the both of us'sentence. It was so bad I almost wished I wasn't a shipper. Or maybe I'm a bad shipper...

But then we have TLG, with this big announce of a kiss and explanations and yadda yadda and what I saw was only some Shep/Teyla ... thing. And for the first time since the neckless scene in Rising I saw some real shippy tension between those two.

So yeah I'm lost, and a bit mad... And sometimes I wish the writers would stop exploring Teyla and Weir through their relatioship with John, and give them original stories. Oh and to see that they at least talk to each other would be awesome too.

Anyway that was just an temporary interruption of your program, you can go back your normal activities...

Yeah I know exactly how you feel dark_faith I wish that sometimes the writers would just pick a ship and have done with it, this going ack and fourth to and fro between ships is enough to make a shipper go batty!

Comment

Okay, first off, let me address all you very friendly Shep/Weir shippers. We love having you guys/girls come here, it's add to conversation. As long as you're willing to be open minded and polite. What be really great would be to have a discussion some time on a neutral locations but enough of that. I see a very deep connection between Shep and Teyla (sometimes it's difficult when Shep is acting like Kirk) In home, when Shep took Teyla with him, she shared in his memory. As JS said, in most of the early episodes it was almost 100% Shep/Teyla (AKA Sheyla, Shepmagen, etc) But then it shifted, and we saw a few things for Shep and Weir... before I get too off topic I'll stop. The point I'm trying to make is it's all how you interpret it. I think they have great chemistry.

Hot Zone
                            "If this was a real fight..."
                            "If this was a real fight I would've shot you by now."

The Gift
                            **WHAT, TEYLA GETS KNOCKED TO THE FLOOR**
                            "You all right?"

LFP
                            "What else do you want from me?"
                            "Too much I fear."

Rising
                            (Cave scene, Introductions, end)

Instinct
                            (He places his jacket for her to rest her head on when she's knocked out)

Conversion
                            Forget the kiss!
                            He can't hurt her even after he takes the rest of the marines down

Seige I
                            Teyla collapses in pain and John immediately opens the cell door and shoots the wraith down. Bloody mess, but we love protective loving Shep

That's all I can think of on short notice. I'll open a thread here that we can talk about both on. But your right, it's a matter of how you see events, with a bit of bias from your own opinion. + += EVIL TPTB
                            Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

^Pretty cool! Nice idea with the thread, btw. Already posted there. So I won't interrup your discussions anymore. Hopefully meet you there!

Bye jen
                              sigpic

Comment

This is the first show that I have actively become a shipper…and what got me onboard was ‘The Rising’. When I get into a show I usually like to see two things: a. a strong female character and b. some romance. With the pilot of Atlantis I got both. The first scene with Teyla and Shep caught my interest. The initial awareness that flashed between them in the tent when they introduce themselves made me stop and think hmmmm. The cave scene is where I first got a sense of attraction between them with the necklace and how he gave her the necklace only to take it from her and place it around her neck himself.

The following episodes, for me, all built upon the attraction that manifested between them in ‘Rising’. ‘Hide and Seek’ gave me some friendship moments such as Shep telling stories to the Athosian children and him being eager to show Teyla football. Moments such as these confirm a friendship growing between them that I really like to see. It shows me that what’s between them is more than mere attraction but an actual desire to get to know one and other and spend time together.

Episodes like ‘Suspicion’ and ‘The Gift’ prove to me that Shep trust Teyla entirely because he knows her and understands

But while all of these confirm a friendship it what the interaction between these two in episodes like ‘Home’ and ‘Hot Zone’ that fed the Shepmagan Shippy fire.

In ‘Home’ I always noticed that it is Shep who the aliens choose for Teyla to share his dream world. It could have been Ford, Weir or McKay but the fact that the aliens senses something in Shep and would place Teyla with him made me think that there is something more than just friendship between them. Shep wants to show Teyla earth…Shep wants to spend time with Teyla…Shep would never leave or abandon Teyla…those were all thought running through my head when I watched this episode…plus I just thought they looked good together in the episode…not just looks but they seemed to fit together for me.

‘Hot Zone’ brought out the sparring aspect that I absolutely love to see…I have never figured out why John specifically asked to begin sparring with Teyla but the fact that we never see Teyla sparring with any other Atlantis expedition member (Ford, Maj. Lorne) seems to me like John asked Teyla to teach him because it introduces him to more of the Athosian culture and he gets to spend some alone time with Teyla. There must be a reason for him wanting to learn to spar when for one he doesn’t seem to practice on his own and two he prefers his P-90 over a set of Athosian fighting rods any day. So the fact that he continues to spar with Teyla means to me he wants to spend his extra time with her. When someone else does spar with Teyla as Ronon did in ‘Duet’ I got the impression Shep was jealous when he said the comment ‘I thought we were suppose to be sparring’

Moments such as these helped solidify my title as a Shepmagan Shipper!

The relationship between Shep and Weir for me was never shippy…friends… yes…allies….okay…but it never progressed for me into the realm of ship. I didn’t even realize that people thought ship between them until I found the website Gateworld and was introduced to the fans of Shep/Weir. And now when I hear discussions of possible Shep/Weir or Sparky moments I don’t get them because I’m too entrenched with my Shepmagan moments to see them for myself. I’m getting better and now trying to see Atlantis for Shep/Weir…this doesn’t mean I’ll be a member of the sparky ship but I like to understand other ships.

So let’s all hope that we will see more balcony scenes and sparring in future episodes of Atlantis!

Comment

Working...
                                X