No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xkawaiix]I'd be pretty dissapointed. They started 2 shows and can't write one show good without dropping another. IMO, they should be working more on the commercialization and the stories for Atlantis seeing that it's still new like they did in s1. I don't think I'd be looking forward to 2-3 flops in a row.

Eh, but I won't stress about it too much. It's not like I know for a fact that they're slacking or really working at the both of them and heck, I take forever to update fanfics.

To make it seem like I'm not going OT I'll post this picture. Interpret it how you will.
    Yes..we shouldn't worry..it almost seems like they keep thinking that SG-1 is going to end in every season and then the ratings get better and they continue it...which I think it's great but I really don't want Atlantis to suffer because of it...Eventually, SG-1 will end and I don't want Atlantis to suffer the consequences...It should stand on its own...but you are right...let's not worry and speculate..they are just starting and developing the characters...but an episode like TLG should have covered many of the things that we expected but from what I have read, it just lack a lot of good stuff that they could have done without killing their main plot which seems to have been more character development...

It must be hard because this show caters so many different fans that like the show for different reasons...I see it for the character development, drama and action...others just care to see action and less drama...so overall there is a bit for everyone, so we shouldn't complain..right?
    sigpic

Comment

OH, AG...I found another one of my favorite stories..I might just nominatte this one for the Isis Awards...

http://www.livejournal.com/community...ic/173964.html
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
        Yes..we shouldn't worry..it almost seems like they keep thinking that SG-1 is going to end in every season and then the ratings get better and they continue it...which I think it's great but I really don't want Atlantis to suffer because of it...Eventually, SG-1 will end and I don't want Atlantis to suffer the consequences...It should stand on its own...but you are right...let's not worry and speculate..they are just starting and developing the characters...but an episode like TLG should have covered many of the things that we expected but from what I have read, it just lack a lot of good stuff that they could have done without killing their main plot which seems to have been more character development...

It must be hard because this show caters so many different fans that like the show for different reasons...I see it for the character development, drama and action...others just care to see action and less drama...so overall there is a bit for everyone, so we shouldn't complain..right?
        Camy, you're right as always!

The show has such a broad spectrum of fans, they're just struggling to try and cater for everyone. With new and different fans joining every season, due to new and different characters, they are constantly trying to settle, but never quite managing it.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Okay..Ritter..better late than never...

Hide and Seek from the Atlantis Companion book...

Besides giving a synops of the episode here are some tidbits that are interesting...

"During the filming, the episode became nicknamed "The Turtle of Power by David H. Thanks to the personal shield McKay finds and activates"

Robert Cooper states that they always intended the episode after the pilot to be about Atlantis...they want Atlantis the city to be as much a part of the plot of the show as discovering and exploring the Pegasus Galaxy...

After the pilot, it was important for the actors to familiarize and own their characters...David and Joe F had actually recorded 38 minutes before Hide and Seek eventhough the order of them was the other way around..and these two got along great from the start....and they got a chance to develop this vibe between Shep and McKay which they started to incorporate with their characters and it worked beautifully and completely done on their own since it was never part of the actual written scripts of the characters...

"For Sheppard, Hide and Seek was an opportunity for the character to flex his muscles in his new position of military commander of the city...a role that actor JOe Flannigan sees as probably being contrary to the major's nature: " I think he is a loner, and he's being forced to take control and lead a group of people and be less of a loner -a little less self-reliant...That requires you to trust the people that you are with, and that to a degree is the arc of the first season, until you really trust them and become a team."

The summary goes on to a lot of David's perspective on the show and with Rodney's role in this episode..He goes on to saying how he loves the show for its ability to bring in all of these technological advancements and at the same time provide the viewers with some "good comedy beats".

It states that in the end...McKay is as David puts it, "playing with things he shouldn't....battling with his own ego...makes stupid mistakes because he's so arrogant, or he's rushing in, or hes' being curious."

In the end we see "the self sacrificing final act which gave the audience a glimpse of the "real McKay" beneath his arrogant bravado...

Hope this helps, Ritter..Next time..38 Minutes..anyone want to do this for Ritter?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Camy, you're right as always!

The show has such a broad spectrum of fans, they're just struggling to try and cater for everyone. With new and different fans joining every season, due to new and different characters, they are constantly trying to settle, but never quite managing it.
            TJ..hon...

I think that it is a challenge..and I think that is why the show is such a hit because it does cater to such a various groups...I see it just for the action...Yeah right! like Rodney claimed..."I'm a hopeless romantic"...
            I see John and Teyla in everything....

AG..where is the list of things that we have in our store...what new and improved merchandise can we come up with next..I'm in the middle of buying all this cool stuff to wrap up for next Xmas and all I can think of is making John and Teyla ornaments..do we have any of those?
            sigpic

Comment

OH, AG.. how about a John and Teyla centerpiece...mantel..and headpiece for the Xmas tree...Squee...I love it!

Go and request these to our suppliers...I must have these for next Xmas...
              sigpic

Comment

TJ..hon...

I think that it is a challenge..and I think that is why the show is such a hit because it does cater to such a various groups...I see it just for the action...Yeah right! like Rodney claimed..."I'm a hopeless romantic"...
                I see John and Teyla in everything....

AG..where is the list of things that we have in our store...what new and improved merchandise can we come up with next..I'm in the middle of buying all this cool stuff to wrap up for next Xmas and all I can think of is making John and Teyla ornaments..do we have any of those?
                I think it's doing fairly well, but never seems to totally please any one group 100%. I just feel, as I'm constantly saying, that in some areas, we should cut them some slack, because they've got one hell of a task.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Okay guys i warn you this post contains spoilers for TLG, and mildly (and not so mildly naughty thoughts)
                  Spoiler:
                  In TLG Teyla stuns and ties Sheppard up (if i've been spoiled correctly), am i the only one who finds the room becoming 'slightly' warm when picturing this?. OMG i don't know there is something about cuffed Sheppard, ships aside And i just love any character that gives me Shep whumping, so ::hugs:: Teyla.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                    Okay guys i warn you this post contains spoilers for TLG, and mildly (and not so mildly naughty thoughts)
                    Spoiler:
                    In TLG Teyla stuns and ties Sheppard up (if i've been spoiled correctly), am i the only one who finds the room becoming 'slightly' warm when picturing this?. OMG i don't know there is something about cuffed Sheppard, ships aside And i just love any character that gives me Shep whumping, so ::hugs:: Teyla.
                    Luz, hon..
                    You need to come out with me and get some cold fresh air...here is like 20F...extremely cold...will do me and you some good...Yeah...I can sooo see where you are coming from...and Teyla..YOU GO GIRL! No wonder she opened her eyes wide...she couldn't believe the sight! hehehehe
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      I think it's doing fairly well, but never seems to totally please any one group 100%. I just feel, as I'm constantly saying, that in some areas, we should cut them some slack, because they've got one hell of a task.
                      Agree with you completely...however, they should always be on the watch to improve things...not make it worse...or of less quality..and sometimes I feel that regardless of my ship...Season 1 had some better stories and plots with more consistency...Oh, I could be totally wrong about this...it's almost as if this season is a type of transition...
                      sigpic

Comment

Luz, hon..
                        You need to come out with me and get some cold fresh air...here is like 20F...extremely cold...will do me and you some good...Yeah...I can sooo see where you are coming from...and Teyla..YOU GO GIRL! No wonder she opened her eyes wide...she couldn't believe the sight! hehehehe
                        Well, i'm on the caribe, so my blood was already feeling hot to begin with, so this little thought didn't help matters much, and Teyla is *hot*, and Sheppard is *so* HOT. So no wonder my face feels pretty warm right now . I must take my mind out of the gutter, but it's such a nice place to be .

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                          Well, i'm on the caribe, so my blood was already feeling hot to begin with, so this little thought didn't help matters much, and Teyla is *hot*, and Sheppard is *so* HOT. So no wonder my face feels pretty warm right now . I must take my mind out of the gutter, but it's such a nice place to be .
                          Okay..STOP!
                          You are from my home town...THe CARIBE! OMG...Talk to me, sister....Talk to me...
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay..STOP!
                            You are from my home town...THe CARIBE! OMG...Talk to me, sister....Talk to me...
                            Ummm...about John and Teyla, of course, IN THE CARIBE! Yipee! I found a posse! Luz..will you be my new posse...
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow..I'm gone for the day (classes started up again for me and T,Th I'm gone from 8-5) and look at all the posts...

Thanks for all the spoilers everyone...from a Cali girl who is dying to know what's happening!

Okay had a break between classes so pulled out the laptop and made these...my first ones really!

OH, AG.. how about a John and Teyla centerpiece...mantel..and headpiece for the Xmas tree...Squee...I love it!
                              *AG starts taking orders for next year*

Well lets see...
                              John/Teyla glass figurines
                              Coffe mugs
                              Caps and Hats
                              autographed pics of John and Teyla
                              Music CD's featuring 'Beyond the Night'
                              Waffle maker with the design Shepmagan shipper for life
                              Sweater and Shirts w/logo 'John and Teyla forever'
                              Bumper stickers for your car...'Shippin' all through '06 with John and Teyla'

OH, AG...I found another one of my favorite stories..I might just nominatte this one for the Isis Awards...

http://www.livejournal.com/community...ic/173964.html
                              Cute Story!!!!

Comment

Ummm...about John and Teyla, of course, IN THE CARIBE! Yipee! I found a posse! Luz..will you be my new posse...
                                Well, i've always wanted to see Sheppard show some of his muscles, so i'm totally pro for anything that involves Sheppard in el caribe. But, uhmm, what is a posse? .
                                And yes, i'm from Colombia, where are you from?.
                                Last edited by Luz; 03 January 2006, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X