John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
    Cazz, what can I say about your artwork, but WOW!! I freaked at that part as well!

OT~
    Spoiler:
    How is your bro's new wheels. Did the family had a good time at the game? And bro's commentating duties?
    Thanx Hope!

Spoiler:
    His car is great! Me and my mum went to see it in the car park at the match cos he's been so busy Now he's got to put his personalised licence plate on that my parents got him for his 21st! (He's been waiting two years to be able to afford a car new enough to put it on) The commentry went amazingly we won 3-0 so that helped! There's an elderly lady who sits on our row and she's always had a soft spot for my bro, lol, after the first goal she goes 'can Adam (my bro) commentate every week!' Awwwwwwwww. He was buzzing afterwards, chatted with a few of the players as well!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
      but she's NOT a Major Character...besides, rumors are just that, rumors!

I do hope that Season 5 is not a repeat of Season 4 where the team was separated so much and they opted to character centric episodes with guest or recurring characters instead of the team together..
      No but she's a Major, he's being criptic

That was the worst thing about S4 IMO, and I really hope they don't continue with it

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post

That was the worst thing about S4 IMO, and I really hope they don't continue with it

Oh I know. What drew me to this show is what drew me to SG-1; the idea of a "team" centric show. Too many one character centric eps is boring, considering how bad the sole character centric eps were this season. I wouldn't be adverse to one to two eps but more than that is too much and IMO doesn't help further along any type of story arc they create. B/c then it becomes obvious that those eps are just "filler" that the writers need to get through the season. If you are going to do a "filler" ep, make it a team ep.
        Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
        &=AWESOME &Forever
        No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Unfortunately Cazz it looks like they are. So far we have had no spoilers for any team eps. It looks like the majority of them feature only one or two memebers of the team together and god knows what the rest will be doing. Whispers was just the final straw for me.
          Spoiler:
          Shep gets to spend the entire ep with an all woman team we have never seen before while Carson gets to do some bonding with one of them.. Yawn!!

My main reason for watching SGA is for the team interaction and that is the core of the show for me.. If they keep splitting them up with a different guest star of the week then they will lose what is great about SGA.. I don't recall SG1 being split up the way they are splitting up the characters on SGA.. and the spoilers for the mid season 2 parter just make me roll my eyes..
          Spoiler:
          Daniel and Rodney together for the entire two eps with no mention of any one else though JM has said that some other characters will feature.. Whats wrong with giving the Leading Man and the Leading Lady.. who is Teyla in my eyes some emphasis in the mid season two parters.. The Last Man already featured McKay more than Shep.. again I don't remember Daniel getting more emphasis or screentime than Jack.. but McKay seems to be the golden child of SGA and Shep wil soon turn into a guest star on his own show... wanders off grumbling...
          sigpic

Comment

John & Teyla? Together!? Yeeeees of course
            They are so cute together ..I think it's just a matter of time
            Caress the one
            The never-fading rain in your heart
            The tears of snow-white sorrow
            Caress the one
            The hiding amaranth
            In a land of the daybreak

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
              Unfortunately Cazz it looks like they are. So far we have had no spoilers for any team eps. It looks like the majority of them feature only one or two memebers of the team together and god knows what the rest will be doing. Whispers was just the final straw for me.
              Spoiler:
              Shep gets to spend the entire ep with an all woman team we have never seen before while Carson gets to do some bonding with one of them.. Yawn!!

My main reason for watching SGA is for the team interaction and that is the core of the show for me.. If they keep splitting them up with a different guest star of the week then they will lose what is great about SGA.. I don't recall SG1 being split up the way they are splitting up the characters on SGA.. and the spoilers for the mid season 2 parter just make me roll my eyes..
              Spoiler:
              Daniel and Rodney together for the entire two eps with no mention of any one else though JM has said that some other characters will feature.. Whats wrong with giving the Leading Man and the Leading Lady.. who is Teyla in my eyes some emphasis in the mid season two parters.. The Last Man already featured McKay more than Shep.. again I don't remember Daniel getting more emphasis or screentime than Jack.. but McKay seems to be the golden child of SGA and Shep wil soon turn into a guest star on his own show... wanders off grumbling...
              Good point Blue...

Spoiler:
              The whole guest character thing with two of the main characters sooo spells someone is going to die! IDK why they feel the need to constantly kill off characters....you can have just as much drama and action with the team while keeping those nameless and faceless people around them alive. And personally, how unbelievable is an all female team???? I mean c'mon, we have never seen that before and why do only Shep and Carson go?? Where the hell is everyone else? This is soooo filler ep....very much will avoid this ep.

Once again the writers think they have done us some kind of spectacular piece of justice and excitement with this ep when in reality they have dropped the ball and made us yawn.
              &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

I do hope that Season 5 is not a repeat of Season 4 where the team was separated so much and they opted to character centric episodes with guest or recurring characters instead of the team together..
                Agree! I love and enjoy team episodes more. I don't mine character centric episodes as long as they are team base.

Thanx Hope!

Spoiler:
                His car is great! Me and my mum went to see it in the car park at the match cos he's been so busy Now he's got to put his personalised licence plate on that my parents got him for his 21st! (He's been waiting two years to be able to afford a car new enough to put it on) The commentry went amazingly we won 3-0 so that helped! There's an elderly lady who sits on our row and she's always had a soft spot for my bro, lol, after the first goal she goes 'can Adam (my bro) commentate every week!' Awwwwwwwww. He was buzzing afterwards, chatted with a few of the players as well!

Cazz, can I have the one of Teyla, in the second row, second one?

Spoiler:
                That is just wonderful!! Yeah for bro. I am glad!
                sigpic
                Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
                Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
                WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                  JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
                  Madtricks writes: “Will we be lucky enough to see new battleships in season 5?”

Answer: We will definitely see some new alien ships in season 5.

Lily writes: “I just read an article at Gateworld about Stargate Universe. From what I understand from that article, the idea is not to make both Atlantis and this new show simultaneously. Does it mean that if this show gets a go, Atlantis will be canceled just to have this new show?”

Answer: It’s far too early to say how things will develop. As Brad pointed out, producing 40 episodes of television a year aint exactly a picnic. It‘s an exhaustive schedule and one that isn’t made all that much by simply hiring more writers. Still, it’s a classy problem and if that’s the scenario we’re faced with, I’ve no doubt we’ll make it work. One show? Two shoes? At the end of the day, the ball is in SciFi and MGM’s court.

DasNdanger writes: “Is there any chance we can have the best of both Wraith worlds - discover a way for them to gain nourishment from regular food, without taking away their ability, or desire, to feed on humans (much like a reformed alcoholic still craves a drink)?”

Answer: Let’s just say there are some very interesting developments on the wraith front this season - and one that will be of particular interest to you…

Lily writes: “My concerns about “First Contact”, based on the info available:

1) I hope this is a team episode, with all the cast […] and not a Rodney and Dr Jackson centric episode. 2) I hope Rodney is written as the Rodney we know in Atlantis, and not the “SG-1 version of McKay”, just to please the SG-1 fans who might watch the episode because of Michael Shanks.”

Answers: 1) The mid-season two-parter will include various other team members as well. 2) Since it is being written by Martin Gero, a guy who has written more McKay than anyone on staff, I don’t think you have to worry on this count.

Rebekah writes: “Do you have any episodes in the can - or are they all still in varying stages of production? More importantly, my husband heard a rumor - which I know you will not confirm - but he was telling me that he heard that you all are off a “major” character.”

Answer: There are no finished episodes (we are still several months away from finals). At present, we are episode 5 (Ghost in the Machine) and prepping episode 6 (The Shrine of Talus). As for that rumor…hunh. Interesting.
                  Thank you MrsB!

Good morning JTers!

I have many pages to go through but if anyone can help me by summarizing the past week: new members, B-Days, milestones, spoilers, any news whatsoever, it would be much appreciated.

Welcome CarSen!

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
                  Agree! I love and enjoy team episodes more. I don't mine character centric episodes as long as they are team base.
                  Finally, a positive statement I see in this thread. Thank you Hope

my ships

Comment

Originally posted by CarSen View Post
                    Welcome!!!
                    sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

WELCOME CARSEN!!
                      &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Thanks very much to all of you !!
                        Caress the one
                        The never-fading rain in your heart
                        The tears of snow-white sorrow
                        Caress the one
                        The hiding amaranth
                        In a land of the daybreak

Comment

WELCOME CARSEN

Kimberly

sigs by Cazz,scifan,elephantgirl, john-and-teyla , Donna , Linda, maffieg, and wraithlord . I'm in AWE of your talent and J/T is the best

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                            Good point Blue...

Spoiler:
                            The whole guest character thing with two of the main characters sooo spells someone is going to die! IDK why they feel the need to constantly kill off characters....you can have just as much drama and action with the team while keeping those nameless and faceless people around them alive. And personally, how unbelievable is an all female team???? I mean c'mon, we have never seen that before and why do only Shep and Carson go?? Where the hell is everyone else? This is soooo filler ep....very much will avoid this ep.

Once again the writers think they have done us some kind of spectacular piece of justice and excitement with this ep when in reality they have dropped the ball and made us yawn.
                            I usually try not to prejudge eps but so far I've been pretty spot on even after I've watched them.. The season four eps that I was least looking forward to after reading the spoilers, turned out to be just as bad after I had watched them..

Whispers and some season 5 speculation.

Spoiler:
                            I think Whispers is one I will really be giving a miss. I can almost predict exactly how it's going to play out. An all woman team does sound pretty cliched and rediculous.. but my problem is why are all the Shep centric eps based around woman.. I don't think I can recall one ep where woman weren't featured in a Shep centric ep.. Outcast maybe being the exception but even then we had Nancy. And I find it sooo predictable that Nancy is the one they will be bringing back for season 5 and not David.. I would have prefered to have seen David anyday again over Nancy.. I'm not saying I dislike the character.. in fact I thought the actress was great but I don't want to be subjected to another fumbling John and his relationship issues or watch him play hero in Whispers to a load of woman.. I guess the woman marine who Carson gets close to will end up a red shirt.. so again Yawn !!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                              I usually try not to prejudge eps but so far I've been pretty spot on even after I've watched them.. The season four eps that I was least looking forward to after reading the spoilers, turned out to be just as bad after I had watched them..

Whispers and some season 5 speculation.

Spoiler:
                              I think Whispers is one I will really be giving a miss. I can almost predict exactly how it's going to play out. An all woman team does sound pretty cliched and rediculous.. but my problem is why are all the Shep centric eps based around woman.. I don't think I can recall one ep where woman weren't featured in a Shep centric ep.. Outcast maybe being the exception but even then we had Nancy. And I find it sooo predictable that Nancy is the one they will be bringing back for season 5 and not David.. I would have prefered to have seen David anyday again over Nancy.. I'm not saying I dislike the character.. in fact I thought the actress was great but I don't want to be subjected to another fumbling John and his relationship issues or watch him play hero in Whispers to a load of woman.. I guess the woman marine who Carson gets close to will end up a red shirt.. so again Yawn !!
                              LOL The 'Red Shirts'. One of the reasons why I couldn't bring myself to keep watching the old ST series. The top spot belongs to Kirk's weekly women *shudders*

I don't think Whispers will be that bad. But who knows? *shrugs*

my ships

Comment

Hi all How are you ?
                                Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                Hey don't worry about it,you won't start a war in here.....It's just friendly debates that go on here so don't be afraid to express you're opinion,you won't be shot down in flames for it!

Well i've got the
                                Spoiler:
                                hug
                                caps from SOW clicky here

Dunno if i've got any good smiling caps,my comps kinda slow tonight and i can't be bothered waiting for it to catch up!
                                Thanks a lot and it's why I think you people are great

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                I understand why you feel that way. The writers have done this for so long and eventhough we had some good moments with JT in S4, we are not sure how S5 will be.
                                As for DL, they will always throw stuff in their way to test them. This is what JF was talking about. But if they do it well enough in the story they can patch things up, if things go wrong.

There is nothing wrong to support your other fav ships.

I haven't started yet.

OT
                                Spoiler:
                                I know you would hun, but I wouldn't make you do that. I'm too much of a girly girl.

Nice job TF.

Thanks Jess.

NP hun.
                                Spoiler:
                                He has congestive heart failure, diabetes, high blood pressure, over weight and he needs oxygen, etc. He had an apartment on the second floor, but his heart and lungs can't handle it any more. So, until he get a better place, he's staying here.

Can't wait to see what you do.
                                OT
                                Spoiler:
                                ok I didn't want to be indiscrete but it seems to me know some symptoms sadly. My mum needs oxygen too because she has too much of CO2 (normal people would be in coma or something like that) and it's not fun and difficult for people who live this (it's not fun to have oxygen ) so this is why I asked you this

Originally posted by mrs.Jackson982 View Post
                                Good morning campers.

Hey everyone... I have a friend over so I want you all to say hi to Ilina!!
                                I'm a little late but Hi Ilina if she's here lol
                                Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                                JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
                                Madtricks writes: “Will we be lucky enough to see new battleships in season 5?”

Answer: We will definitely see some new alien ships in season 5.

Lily writes: “I just read an article at Gateworld about Stargate Universe. From what I understand from that article, the idea is not to make both Atlantis and this new show simultaneously. Does it mean that if this show gets a go, Atlantis will be canceled just to have this new show?”

Answer: It’s far too early to say how things will develop. As Brad pointed out, producing 40 episodes of television a year aint exactly a picnic. It‘s an exhaustive schedule and one that isn’t made all that much by simply hiring more writers. Still, it’s a classy problem and if that’s the scenario we’re faced with, I’ve no doubt we’ll make it work. One show? Two shoes? At the end of the day, the ball is in SciFi and MGM’s court.

DasNdanger writes: “Is there any chance we can have the best of both Wraith worlds - discover a way for them to gain nourishment from regular food, without taking away their ability, or desire, to feed on humans (much like a reformed alcoholic still craves a drink)?”

Answer: Let’s just say there are some very interesting developments on the wraith front this season - and one that will be of particular interest to you…

Lily writes: “My concerns about “First Contact”, based on the info available:

1) I hope this is a team episode, with all the cast […] and not a Rodney and Dr Jackson centric episode. 2) I hope Rodney is written as the Rodney we know in Atlantis, and not the “SG-1 version of McKay”, just to please the SG-1 fans who might watch the episode because of Michael Shanks.”

Answers: 1) The mid-season two-parter will include various other team members as well. 2) Since it is being written by Martin Gero, a guy who has written more McKay than anyone on staff, I don’t think you have to worry on this count.

Rebekah writes: “Do you have any episodes in the can - or are they all still in varying stages of production? More importantly, my husband heard a rumor - which I know you will not confirm - but he was telling me that he heard that you all are killing off a “major” character.”

Answer: There are no finished episodes (we are still several months away from finals). At present, we are shooting episode 5 (Ghost in the Machine) and prepping episode 6 (The Shrine of Talus). As for that rumor…hunh. Interesting.
                                Thanks for the link I decided myself that perhaps I will go less because when I read spoilers I'm always critic and I depressed myself lol

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                Oh very nice.......Me like the bloody Teyla one

Oh if they ever even thought about
                                Spoiler:
                                getting rid of my baby there would be HELL to pay....There is no where they could hide that i wouldn't find them!!!
                                Hey I like him a lot too and I will join you in my revolt
                                Great icons Cazz

Thanks for the update MrsB

Spoiler:
                                Interesting stuff about the mid season 2 parter....I don't care what JM says...sounds like the ep will be all about Daniel and McKay. I am finding it harder and harder to take real stock in what he says in his blog....b/c other than the poem he puts out, most of the stuff is sooo double worded and the opposite of what happens when the eps air. In the Real Estate world, they call that puffing.
                                Yeah I'm not too happy and this is a ten years fan of Daniel Jackson who even stop to watch season 6 even if I regret it after and I was at first really happy that he comes. I am a little more disturbed now

Oh yeah I really hope it's not this and we will have team really. I'm not a writer and I dislike to critic them because I like their choices I think they have great ideas and perhaps you disagree but I like that they write the show they want. I was really unnerved with the return of Carson because for me it was like if they listen too much for people and for example as it seemed there was much Shweir fan I said to myself yeah so to gain viewers they will do something like that (and for me it's a little what they did in season 2). So I dislike to critic them but I think it would be an error to separate the team again and for a lot of viewers I think even if they LOVE the Shep McKay show.
                                Oh I know. What drew me to this show is what drew me to SG-1; the idea of a "team" centric show. Too many one character centric eps is boring, considering how bad the sole character centric eps were this season. I wouldn't be adverse to one to two eps but more than that is too much and IMO doesn't help further along any type of story arc they create. B/c then it becomes obvious that those eps are just "filler" that the writers need to get through the season. If you are going to do a "filler" ep, make it a team ep.
                                Exactly this absolutely what attract me to this show the team and there is so many.
                                Spoiler:
                                I don't want to add a fear but even if I really like Keller in fact I hope that Teyla will keep her role of leading woman like Sam or Keller is a female (?I don't know if we say this in France it's more or less an insult) McKay and they seem to like write her too

Originally posted by CarSen View Post
                                Hey yeah I like your thoughts and I keep my fingers crossed (?)
                                Originally posted by girlinabox View Post
                                Thank you MrsB!

Good morning JTers!

I have many pages to go through but if anyone can help me by summarizing the past week: new members, B-Days, milestones, spoilers, any news whatsoever, it would be much appreciated.

Welcome CarSen!

Finally, a positive statement I see in this thread. Thank you Hope
                                Wow your sig of RDA is amazing I like it a lot really.

S5
                                Spoiler:
                                In fact I'm glad that Joe Malozzi don't give a lot of spoiler because finally we know nothing all we know is what will happen to new characters but it's not the whole show. You know finally we know nothing for Teyla, John or even Rodney perhaps it's to don't say what will happen with the baby for example. I like this show but in spoiler period when I read things I think the same as you it will be bad, we don't have team...
                                sigpic
                                Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Working...
                                X