John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    I'm sorry blue......I was just venting,as you've probably realised i'm in a pretty crappy mood today and i just needed to get some things outta my system
    Spoiler:
    I don't think it was anyones fault either and i don't think she ever intended to get pregnant,i think that maybe neither of them were ready yet to admit their feelings for one another.....

I just get a little bit over protective of Teyla when people blame her for things and bad mouth

I don't understand why alot of people hate her

The PTB really did a number on this story,i would have so preferred any other storyline except the one they fed us!!!

Man i can't wait till S5 and hopefully this whole pregnancy thing is over as sonn as possible and bambino is gone for good and we can forget all about it and get back to the old Teyla.....I want my old Teyla back.......And then we can pretend S4 didn't exist.....

I really think i should leave before i depress everyone on this thread!!
    Your not depressing anyone honey...

I too want the bambino gone and the old Teyla back..I'm sure after a few eps in season 5 it will seem like the whole pregnancy storyline never happened.
    I don't like what this story has done to John and Teyla and like you I would have preferred anything except this Kanaan storyline. I'm delighted they wanted to write RL's pregnancy into the story but they didnt do Teyla's character a lot of favours in the way they have done it. I'm looking forward to where the writers take Teyla when the baby is gone and hopefully we will get back on track with John and Teyla as well..
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
      OT:

Spoiler:
      Seriously, I have rewatched that ep like 15 times already and that doesn't count the times I kept rewinding the end scene with Eric and Calleigh....Everytime I watch it, I am like SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I would love to see a story like that with J/T....someone should mail the ep to the writers

More OT:

Spoiler:
      As for H; someone can have him. He is soooo NOT the reason I watch the show and I think if people could get past his melodrama and over zealousness with everything he does, they might actually like the show.
      Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
      Hello, Congrats to those who got nominated for a JT award!
      I'm sorry blue......I was just venting,as you've probably realised i'm in a pretty crappy mood today and i just needed to get some things outta my system
      Spoiler:
      I don't think it was anyones fault either and i don't think she ever intended to get pregnant,i think that maybe neither of them were ready yet to admit their feelings for one another.....

I just get a little bit over protective of Teyla when people blame her for things and bad mouth

The PTB really did a number on this story,i would have so preferred any other storyline except the one they fed us!!!

Man i can't wait till S5 and hopefully this whole pregnancy thing is over as sonn as possible and bambino is gone for good and we can forget all about it and get back to the old Teyla.....I want my old Teyla back.......And then we can pretend S4 didn't exist.....

Hey I'm like you
      Spoiler:
      even if I think I'm the only one who like this baby storyline, like or don't dislike except perhaps Taffy As Teylafan I'm glad they give her something to act and as in the show we lost trace of team or character, it's not the same show that we see in other season. And I'm glad that she had so many eps dedicated to her while she was absent a lot and I was surprised to SOW, K1 and
      to see her in Midway and this mention in TLM where for me it cuts all the people which have said we have to write out Teyla. The storyline is really important to her and her character it clarifies that they don't want that she goes somewhere. So with the show like it was this season it doesn't bother me I think a lot of character gain or lost. I'm really really really sorry but for me Shep lost a little Ronon even more (even if he wasn't out of character he wasn't there at all ) and Rodney and Teyla have to act.
      In the perspective of the show like we knew him if the three boys stayed consistent I would have find it really bad for Teyla character. But all was disturbed and really I find we grow a lot with Teyla and her reaction didn't disturb me at all with Shep. I find it logical she losts her people and he wants to go the only one who alaways stayed by her side. And finally it's the same that Letters From Pegasus when it's her people he always want to live or he endangers his people in Lost Boys for one of his own. For me it's the same situation and we can blame everybody.

Wow it was really long. I was depressed so I fear to depress you but I see you are too so I post something in our mood
      Spoiler:

I'm really impressed with all we can do with Gimp
      sigpic
      Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
        Blue I can only basically agree...I've had similar problems with Teyla this season..especially when that storyline broke out in full.. at times she has been like someone we have known and the next she is someone I hardly know at all...
        Spoiler:
        What is the problem do the writers actually believe women loses a few screws when getting pregnant..because to me Teyla I think was the most not consistant character this season ...well atleast when the pregnancy got known..

John has done NOTHING but defend her, stand by her, trust her since he came to Atlantis 4 years ago... so I sure expected him to be treated better then I felt he was at times...

So in her culture it's not the women who makes the first move..sure not a problem with that..but can't she even give a tiny hint,,show something ..I'm not saying she had to ask him out, or go right up to him and kiss him and tell him her undying love for him, or to ask him to be her mate, or marry her,, but atleast something... she knew very well since atleast Sateda that he had problems when it came to expressing emotions and his personal feelings.. so did she expect him to make a move not really knowing what she wanted from him..I don't think he is a mindreader...

I'm not blaming full on Teyla either ,,John could have shown something as well..but most of his time is to hide what he is feeling in most causes..it only comes out when for example Teyla is in danger or is hurt... then he can't hide it any longer.. but it's not easy in those times for Teyla to take it that he has deeper feelings for her, for her it could be seeing he is concerned when she is hurt or in danger.. so it goes both ways..

I get that she was upset her people was missing,,I get that she didn't want her child to grow up without a father.. but hell give John some freaking credit..he has done nothing but stand by her, helped her in anyway he has been able to,,hell even risked his life so many times for her,, adn what happens..as fast as she didn't like what he was telling her she was like stubborn 5 year old throwing her toy down wanting it her way... you can only fight the battles you can win,, and she should know John well enough by now that he wont give up.. and he knows her people mean a lot to her so for her I think no matter what he would follow up every lead they got..it may have not been shown on screen..but I do think when they got a lead he checked it out..

I don't know if I'm in a bad mood after that preview on CSI NY as of why I'm so depressed and angry at how nothing is going anywhere I want it too.. or to atleast see something that consistant... for me right now they have a long road ahead of themselves to make me enjoy Teyla as much as I've done in season 1-start of season 4.. since after that it went downhill for the most part.. because for me how they have written her for atleast the back half of the season wasn't giving her any favours..since this pathetic outcome of this storyline is one of the most boring and pathetic ones I've seen for a long long time... so they better make it better in season 5.. I hate for them to destroy one of my favorite characters... I really don't need more of this crap.. now I'm having two shows and two characters how might end up being destroyed for me... *sigh* why do they always feel the need to be so cruel.. build something beautiful up for seasons to only by one wrong step completely destroy everything,,and even the enjoyment of the show and the characters...

Sorry for the rant..I'm not in a good mood at the moment
        Oh not you too......everyone seems to be in a crappy mood today,,,,must be something in the air
        Spoiler:
        why do we put ourselves through this,all this shipping i mean......I have been frustrated and disappointed on so many occasions you'd think i'd learn by now that none of the freakin writers will ever have any intention of getting 2 main characters together......It's never gonna happen.....for anyone!!!

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
        Sorry, I got sick of reading stuff for English.
        I'm trying not to make it my turn
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
          Blue I can only basically agree...I've had similar problems with Teyla this season..especially when that storyline broke out in full.. at times she has been like someone we have known and the next she is someone I hardly know at all...
          Spoiler:
          What is the problem do the writers actually believe women loses a few screws when getting pregnant..because to me Teyla I think was the most not consistant character this season ...well atleast when the pregnancy got known..

John has done NOTHING but defend her, stand by her, trust her since he came to Atlantis 4 years ago... so I sure expected him to be treated better then I felt he was at times...

So in her culture it's not the women who makes the first move..sure not a problem with that..but can't she even give a tiny hint,,show something ..I'm not saying she had to ask him out, or go right up to him and kiss him and tell him her undying love for him, or to ask him to be her mate, or marry her,, but atleast something... she knew very well since atleast Sateda that he had problems when it came to expressing emotions and his personal feelings.. so did she expect him to make a move not really knowing what she wanted from him..I don't think he is a mindreader...

I'm not blaming full on Teyla either ,,John could have shown something as well..but most of his time is to hide what he is feeling in most causes..it only comes out when for example Teyla is in danger or is hurt... then he can't hide it any longer.. but it's not easy in those times for Teyla to take it that he has deeper feelings for her, for her it could be seeing he is concerned when she is hurt or in danger.. so it goes both ways..

I get that she was upset her people was missing,,I get that she didn't want her child to grow up without a father.. but hell give John some freaking credit..he has done nothing but stand by her, helped her in anyway he has been able to,,hell even risked his life so many times for her,, adn what happens..as fast as she didn't like what he was telling her she was like stubborn 5 year old throwing her toy down wanting it her way... you can only fight the battles you can win,, and she should know John well enough by now that he wont give up.. and he knows her people mean a lot to her so for her I think no matter what he would follow up every lead they got..it may have not been shown on screen..but I do think when they got a lead he checked it out..

I don't know if I'm in a bad mood after that preview on CSI NY as of why I'm so depressed and angry at how nothing is going anywhere I want it too.. or to atleast see something that consistant... for me right now they have a long road ahead of themselves to make me enjoy Teyla as much as I've done in season 1-start of season 4.. since after that it went downhill for the most part.. because for me how they have written her for atleast the back half of the season wasn't giving her any favours..since this pathetic outcome of this storyline is one of the most boring and pathetic ones I've seen for a long long time... so they better make it better in season 5.. I hate for them to destroy one of my favorite characters... I really don't need more of this crap.. now I'm having two shows and two characters how might end up being destroyed for me... *sigh* why do they always feel the need to be so cruel.. build something beautiful up for seasons to only by one wrong step completely destroy everything,,and even the enjoyment of the show and the characters...

Sorry for the rant..I'm not in a good mood at the moment
          *claps madly*

Will you marry me? lol!

Seriously though. I've been feeling that way ever since I watched Kindred pt 2 and she was all
          Spoiler:
          "Is it the vision, or my interpretation"

*beep* off.
          don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Oh not you too......everyone seems to be in a crappy mood today,,,,must be something in the air
            Spoiler:
            why do we put ourselves through this,all this shipping i mean......I have been frustrated and disappointed on so many occasions you'd think i'd learn by now that none of the freakin writers will ever have any intention of getting 2 main characters together......It's never gonna happen.....for anyone!!!

I'm trying not to make it my turn
            Oh, I see.
            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

The back half of season four is the only reason I don't like Teyla. She was petulant and childish - not dark and dangerous like we'd been promised.

Comment

Linda why not be the last person to write? (or better yet let me take your place?)

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Spoiler:

*sorry* yeah I've turned into also like that today...the next week's CSI NY preview have me fuming... so right now I feel like I find ranting on everything...I'm going now..need to watch something on TV and hope I'm not fuming as much after it...

*sniff* I don't want to start hating one of my ultimate favorite characters or one of my favorite shows..
                  sigpic
                  Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Linda OT
                    Spoiler:
                    Did you watch that???????

WHAT THE EFFFFFFFFFFFFF was that!???!

McGregor and Ferguson and Novo are the only ones deserving of the Rangers jersey tonight.

They'll get eaten whole in Lisbon.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                      Your not depressing anyone honey...

I too want the bambino gone and the old Teyla back..I'm sure after a few eps in season 5 it will seem like the whole pregnancy storyline never happened.
                      I don't like what this story has done to John and Teyla and like you I would have preferred anything except this Kanaan storyline. I'm delighted they wanted to write RL's pregnancy into the story but they didnt do Teyla's character a lot of favours in the way they have done it. I'm looking forward to where the writers take Teyla when the baby is gone and hopefully we will get back on track with John and Teyla as well..
                      Oh good,i didn't know if my bad mood was contagious

Yeah i want the old John and Teyla back and the old Team back......This story could have been so great
                      Spoiler:
                      if they went the Michael way or some other way that doesn't involve Kannan,i dunno maybe it would have been different if it was a different actor,there was just no chemistry whatsoever between Teyla and Kannan and that is a problem,how are us the viewers expected to believe they care about one anothe if there is no chemistry.......Hopefully season 5 will gewt bsck to some sort of normality!

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                      Hey I'm like you
                      Spoiler:
                      even if I think I'm the only one who like this baby storyline, like or don't dislike except perhaps Taffy As Teylafan I'm glad they give her something to act and as in the show we lost trace of team or character, it's not the same show that we see in other season. And I'm glad that she had so many eps dedicated to her while she was absent a lot and I was surprised to SOW, K1 and
                      to see her in Midway and this mention in TLM where for me it cuts all the people which have said we have to write out Teyla. The storyline is really important to her and her character it clarifies that they don't want that she goes somewhere. So with the show like it was this season it doesn't bother me I think a lot of character gain or lost. I'm really really really sorry but for me Shep lost a little Ronon even more (even if he wasn't out of character he wasn't there at all ) and Rodney and Teyla have to act.
                      In the perspective of the show like we knew him if the three boys stayed consistent I would have find it really bad for Teyla character. But all was disturbed and really I find we grow a lot with Teyla and her reaction didn't disturb me at all with Shep. I find it logical she losts her people and he wants to go the only one who alaways stayed by her side. And finally it's the same that Letters From Pegasus when it's her people he always want to live or he endangers his people in Lost Boys for one of his own. For me it's the same situation and we can blame everybody.

Wow it was really long. I was depressed so I fear to depress you but I see you are too so I post something in our mood
                      Spoiler:

I'm really impressed with all we can do with Gimp
                      Yeah i think there's alot of people in here that are kinda depressed tonight!

That's just about how i fell right there,like how Teyla feels!

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                      The back half of season four is the only reason I don't like Teyla. She was petulant and childish - not dark and dangerous like we'd been promised.
                      Well thank the freakin PTB for that........I ain't listening to anything that comes outta JM's mouth ever again........What happened to the darker side of Teyla....maybe it's about flamin time they hired some Women writers for the show......Does all Women go all postal when they get pregnant!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                        Linda why not be the last person to write? (or better yet let me take your place?)
                        Oh no i am not going last,i can't finish it and well if i don't do it TF and YC will not be happy!!!

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                        Linda OT
                        Spoiler:
                        Did you watch that???????

WHAT THE EFFFFFFFFFFFFF was that!???!

McGregor and Ferguson and Novo are the only ones deserving of the Rangers jersey tonight.

They'll get eaten whole in Lisbon.
                        OT
                        Spoiler:
                        Yup kinda watched it,got bored so on comp more than at telly!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                          Thanks guys and TeylaFan, yes I did read it I LOVE IT!! but sadyl at the time of posting my review FF.net just ate it and wouldn't post it..... so here is my review....

*Hugs TeylaFan untill she turns blue*
                          Thank you!!

*gasp*

Oh no i am not going last,i can't finish it and well if i don't do it TF and YC will not be happy!!!

OT
                          Spoiler:
                          Yup kinda watched it,got bored so on comp more than at telly!
                          *nods* Uh-huh. Got that right...
                          *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
                            Thank you!!

*gasp*

*nods* Uh-huh. Got that right...

oh to you too

You updated your fic,i need something to cheer me up!
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh good,i didn't know if my bad mood was contagious

Yeah i want the old John and Teyla back and the old Team back......This story could have been so great
                              Spoiler:
                              if they went the Michael way or some other way that doesn't involve Kannan,i dunno maybe it would have been different if it was a different actor,there was just no chemistry whatsoever between Teyla and Kannan and that is a problem,how are us the viewers expected to believe they care about one anothe if there is no chemistry.......Hopefully season 5 will gewt bsck to some sort of normality!

Yeah i think there's alot of people in here that are kinda depressed tonight!

That's just about how i fell right there,like how Teyla feels!

Well thank the freakin PTB for that........I ain't listening to anything that comes outta JM's mouth ever again........What happened to the darker side of Teyla....maybe it's about flamin time they hired some Women writers for the show......Does all Women go all postal when they get pregnant!
                              No I was depressed by RL.
                              Spoiler:
                              Am I the only one positive with all this thing (see last post )Seriously I am someone who can depress over a show. Not over a show but 2 particular "the Pretender" and SGA. I was sometimes really depressed when I saw all the bashing for Teyla, all the fan of Weir and I'm pessimist in RL but seriously I really think this aspect that we saw this season were good and I really don't find it childish and moreover not more than Shep when he says he lets no one behind and finally there is a lot of people who disappear and what did he says for Ford or Weir he doesn't hesitate to put the life of his team in danger. In what is this different for Teyla to want to don't let the people for who she's responsible and with all the support she gave to Shep to find Ford or Weir, she doesn't hesitate but he hesitates when she wants to go after her people. I think she finds this is a trahison from Shep and he is the last that she expected to do this. This is absolutely not anti Shep but I think a point of view from Teyla IMO
                              sigpic
                              Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                                No I was depressed by RL.
                                Spoiler:
                                Am I the only one positive with all this thing (see last post )Seriously I am someone who can depress over a show. Not over a show but 2 particular "the Pretender" and SGA. I was sometimes really depressed when I saw all the bashing for Teyla, all the fan of Weir and I'm pessimist in RL but seriously I really think this aspect that we saw this season were good and I really don't find it childish and moreover not more than Shep when he says he lets no one behind and finally there is a lot of people who disappear and what did he says for Ford or Weir he doesn't hesitate to put the life of his team in danger. In what is this different for Teyla to want to don't let the people for who she's responsible and with all the support she gave to Shep to find Ford or Weir, she doesn't hesitate but he hesitates when she wants to go after her people. I think she finds this is a trahison from Shep and he is the last that she expected to do this. This is absolutely not anti Shep but I think a point of view from Teyla IMO
                                Oh i never thought of it that way.....I tend to get rather over protective of Teyla when people blame her or bad mouth her or
                                Spoiler:
                                even when they say that she should have made a move if she wanted Shep but like i try say that argument goes both ways which is why i don't think it's Shep or Teylas fault for whats happened.....And yes i think you're the only one that actually likes this storyline

But i just think TPTB made alot of mistakes this season!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X