John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here goes nothing!!

Hey Y'all! Are ya out there? Did ya get this?

PLEASE BE BACK UP!!!!!
    1-800-Iluv-JandT
    sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Yayy! GW is back!
      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Seems like I wasn't the only one with server trouble.

Welcome JT4Ever!

my ships

Comment

CONGRATS TO ALL THE MILESTONES I MISSED!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE ONES I MISSED!

AND CAN I GET SOME GOOD OL' SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! PLEASE!!!

Thanks EG for my gift!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
          1-800-Iluv-JandT
          sig by Sci!

Comment

JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
            "To those of you (and I know that there are a few) awaiting that announcement regarding Atlantis’s 5th season - I’ve received definite word that absolutely, positively, fer-real, the big press release is coming out this Monday. We’re just awaiting word on one final piece of the puzzle…"

Prior of the Ori writes: “McKay said that the planet was where they first developed Drone technology, does this mean they never had it back in the Milky Way?”

Answer: No, that was an oversight. The drone technology was developed in the Milky Way, but the mini-drone version was perfected in Pegasus.

Matt S. writes: “Do you feel the Wraith are a success in how they’ve been written and developed, and do you feel they are as effectively entrenched as an enemy with a backstory and impact as the Goa’uld were by this same point in that series?”

Answer: I think that what makes a villain great is their depth as characters - not merely as foils for our protagonists, but as interesting personalities. If you do a season by season comparison with SG-1, the goa’uld definitely had the advantage in this respect because a) they were human in appearance and b) were far more colorful. The goa’uld were fun villains because it was easy to differentiate them as individuals with differing, occasionally conflicting agendas. In the case of the wraith, I think it wasn’t until the show’s third and fourth season that they really began to take on some of these same characteristics, conveyed through backstory elements like the ongoing wars between the various factions, our unlikely alliance with them, and the introduction of Todd. I also think that Michael, in many ways, helped to bridge the gap between functional adversary and villain-you-love-to-hate.

Hannah writes: “How often do you writers find yourselves being surprised by your characters?”

Answer: Our characters are always growing - either on the page or through the performances of our actors - so, yes, they are fully capable of surprising us.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-4-Ever View Post
              Hi! My friend showed me this place! I love SG1 and SGA! Teyla/John are my Fave Ship!
              WELCOME JT-4-EVER!

1-800-Iluv-JandT
              sig by Sci!

Comment

OT~ Im trying to PM Hope and its saying she doesnt exist. I pulled up her last post and look what it looks likehttp://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=60867....Anyone have any clue??

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                  OT~ Im trying to PM Hope and its saying she doesnt exist. I pulled up her last post and look what it looks likehttp://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=60867....Anyone have any clue??
                  That's weird. It come like that the other day. It might still be the system still not up to par or something.
                  1-800-Iluv-JandT
                  sig by Sci!

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                    That's weird. It come like that the other day. It might still be the system still not up to par or something.
                    OT~ Definitely. Ghosts in the machine....

Comment

Hello? Has the forum been rescued from the depths of the internet?

Good golly, if anything, this has shown me how much time I spend here.

WE NEED SIGN UPS FOR THE ROUND ROBIN PEOPLE!! That's it! I'm signing you up, Elfie!! You write the whump! I'm going to be out and about today, but I'm going to PM everyone who did it the last time and see if they are up for it.

Repost from Monday...

Round Robin Fun (again)

All right, I'm taking sign-ups for the new Round Robin fic that will start on Friday. Let's get everyone involved...even those of you who don't write! Come on! Good times abound!

This time I'm going to do things a little differently...first, we need a plot prompt...so start throwing suggestions out there. I'm going to keep a list of those that are suggested, so if we don't use yours this time, don't fret!

Also, I would like to have an element that each person has to incorporate into their part. For example, it could be something as simple as "a part of the body has to be mentioned" or "someone, other than Teyla, has to say John (or Sheppard's) name". So we need suggestions for that too.

To be more organized, I'm going to post each part on the website as they get completed. (Now I'm going out of town from the 2-4 so they'll be a slight delay in posting.) Also, since most everyone is back in school and such, it will probably take longer to complete...but that means each part will have more loving time spent on it!

Remember, join in, have fun and start throwing out ideas!

So far...MrsB and Sci have officially signed up! So come on people!
                      sigpic
                      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Man thank god GW's back up...I was like lat night....I missed you GW

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                        Title: Awry
                        Summary: John Sheppard has a death wish.
                        Characters: John, Teyla, Ronon, Rodney, Carter, Conlin, Kanan
                        Pairing: John/Teyla, Teyla/Kanan, slight John/Conlin
                        Rating: K+

Spoiler:
                        John Sheppard had a death wish.

Or at least that’s what he was calling this momentary lapse in judgement. He hadn’t started his day with a death wish, of this he was sure but as so often happened in his six years in Atlantis, his best laid plans oft’ went awry.

It had started out simple enough with a quiet stroll through a friendly village on a friendly planet with his team for the last time. He’d been content – hell, maybe even excited – with the fact that even Teyla had come out for this, his last mission on Atlantis. Even Rodney had seemed pleased to be embarking on their mundane, diplomatic – if it could even be called that – mission. He’d been fine when the local alien men had started to take notice of the still somewhat new Conlin; she was military, and John knew that the drunken kiss she’d planted on him at the celebration night a few months back had been erased from her memory by the sheer level of alcohol she’d consumed and he wasn’t really in the mood to remind her of it. He’d also been fine – if somewhat a little grossed out – when really, really hot alien females starting making advances on his two male companions.

What had irked him - though was not the reason for his death wish - was the distinct level of inattention he was receiving. He’d joked with Teyla about it – he didn’t see the point in ruining his last mission because of her misconstrued idea that he’d done something wrong – and she’d replied that she wasn’t receiving particular attention either. Although she didn’t seem as bothered by it as he was.

He’d even been death wish free when he’d plopped down at the dinner table and was faced with two of the most disconcerting things he’d ever seen in his life. One was Rodney. The other, Ronon. He’d never seen either of them – well, except that one time with Rodney – flirt. And he didn’t like it. The food was even better than it had looked and he’d been readily accepting of the offer of seconds.

It wasn’t even when a rather large, rather attractive man approached Teyla and attempting to ‘gain her affection’ that his death wish arrived. No. This he could handle; he’d seen it many times and he’d seen the many times she’d brushed their advances off, telling them of her marriage to another man. This time was no different and Colossus – as John had taken to calling him – had shed a lingering stare in John’s direction before sauntering off to another table and – no doubt – another hapless female.

It could have been when said hapless female had approached Teyla and demanded a fight to the death for the affections of Colossus but it wasn’t. Even still, it wasn’t when Teyla had repeatedly turned down the offer – at which John had smiled thankfully – and tried to usher the woman away – he was also thankful Teyla was not above some subtle threats about how effectively she could kick aforementioned Hapless Female’s ass.

His plans probably started to go awry when Hapless Female called Teyla a coward. It was when Teyla’s pride hadn’t been able to stand it anymore and she’d stood angrily, agreeing to take part in a winning of the affections of Colossus’ in death match ass kicking festival that John had sensed a downturn on his good day. Hid death wish didn’t even come in to play as he tried to talk her out of her idiotic actions – he wasn’t above telling her pride how stupid its’ actions were – or even when she’d spun on him with a death glare in her eyes, slowly stripping down to her black tank top.

He’d stood by the side lines, bartering for the surrender of one of them without death to the other with the leader of the village but he was having none of it and, if John’s spidey-senses were as in tune as he thought they were, he could have sworn the old git was enjoying the show. He could barely bring himself to watch the vicious fight and he’d almost jumped into the ‘arena’ and tossed Teyla over his shoulder and made for the Stargate when Hapless Female whipped a knife from somewhere in her barely-there attire. He hadn’t even realised he’d tossed Teyla his own knife until he reached down to do just that.

He had barely been able to contain his yell of joy when Teyla had gotten the upper hand and pushed her opponent to the floor, knee at her back, knife at her throat. He’d almost had a heart attack when he thought Teyla wasn’t going to stop and actually drag the knife across Hapless Female’s neck. It wasn’t even as bad a day as it was now when he’d stormed ahead of the quartet, trying to calm his erratic breathing as his anger at what Teyla had just done swamped him.

No.

His death wish didn’t come in to play until they’d made it safely back to the welcoming arms of Atlantis. In fact, if he was to be accurate, it wasn’t until they’d made it to the briefing room and Carter had asked what the hell had gone wrong that John felt the first inklings of a death wish. He hadn’t been able to hold back the flow of his anger as he recapped the events to Carter. He hadn’t been able to stop himself from retaliating hotly when Teyla had interrupted and they’d ended up in a shouting match with one another. It wasn’t even as his arms flailed about his head, or when he pointed at Teyla, or even when he accused her of being a selfish idiot.

No.

It was, in fact, about two seconds after that that John Sheppard realised he’d somehow developed a death wish. It was about two seconds after chewing Teyla out in front of Carter, Ronon, Conlin, McKay and Kanan that he found out kissing Teyla was as enjoyable as it had been the first, second and third time it had happened. It was about thirty seconds after that that he pulled back from her and saw Kanan being held back by the unyielding arms of Ronon as Teyla stared at him with wide eyed astonishment that he realised he had a death wish.

And boy did he not care because, ridiculously, inconceivably – he wanted to do it again.

He’d only managed to raise his eyes to hers for a few seconds before he felt something connect with his jaw and he was sprawled across the floor, looking up at Kanan who’d somehow freed himself from Ronon’s unfreeing arms. Before John had been able to mount any form of defence, the Athosian was gone and John was left with his team staring down at him incredulously.

He’d only answered them with an innocent “what?” before hauling himself – to which he thanked his team mates sarcastically – to his feet and making his way to the infirmary - because he was sure he heard something crack.

It was only when he was lying on a bed with an ice pack pressed against his face that he realised maybe his day wasn’t so awry at all. Because, as he thought back on those thirty seconds of death wish madness, he realised something.

Teyla had kissed him back.
                        Spoiler:
                        WOOHOO........Teyla kissed him ba...ack Teyla kissed him ba...ack..... Now Canoe can tae a run and jump....Right off a very tall cliff

Originally posted by JT-4-Ever View Post
                        Hi! My friend showed me this place! I love SG1 and SGA! Teyla/John are my Fave Ship!
                        Welcome new person,you won't be new very long....You be posting like an old pro in here before you know it...I love SG-1 too and Sam/Jack!!

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
                        Welcome! We love new people. If you're a writer, I invite you to post your work to our very own John Teyla Archive- John Teyla Convergence. Here's the link http://www.john-teyla-convergence.net
                        Yes people,listen to Sanssong,it makes it alot easier for lazy people like me to find JT fics to read!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maffieg View Post
                          Aww man Gateworld sooo gave me trouble for two days now and I can't see some pages still. Just saying a quick hi for now until tomorrow maybe they will work out all the glitches by then.

Happy J/Ting all
                          Originally posted by spirited Chihiro View Post
                          I can't get to the last pages!! all the other threads i have tried let me to the last page, but this one says 'it is ok guys, the forums will be back up on 12:00am saturday'
                          Fixed???? WHOO hooooooooooooo
                          Here goes nothing!!

Hey Y'all! Are ya out there? Did ya get this?

PLEASE BE BACK UP!!!!!
                          Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                          Yayy! GW is back!
                          Originally posted by girlinabox View Post
                          Seems like I wasn't the only one with server trouble.

Welcome JT4Ever!
                          HEY GUYS!! I'VE MISSED YOU!!

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                            Hello? Has the forum been rescued from the depths of the internet?

Good golly, if anything, this has shown me how much time I spend here.

WE NEED SIGN UPS FOR THE ROUND ROBIN PEOPLE!! That's it! I'm signing you up, Elfie!! You write the whump! I'm going to be out and about today, but I'm going to PM everyone who did it the last time and see if they are up for it.

Repost from Monday...

Round Robin Fun (again)

All right, I'm taking sign-ups for the new Round Robin fic that will start on Friday. Let's get everyone involved...even those of you who don't write! Come on! Good times abound!

This time I'm going to do things a little differently...first, we need a plot prompt...so start throwing suggestions out there. I'm going to keep a list of those that are suggested, so if we don't use yours this time, don't fret!

Also, I would like to have an element that each person has to incorporate into their part. For example, it could be something as simple as "a part of the body has to be mentioned" or "someone, other than Teyla, has to say John (or Sheppard's) name". So we need suggestions for that too.

To be more organized, I'm going to post each part on the website as they get completed. (Now I'm going out of town from the 2-4 so they'll be a slight delay in posting.) Also, since most everyone is back in school and such, it will probably take longer to complete...but that means each part will have more loving time spent on it!

Are we doing involuntary drafting now! No! You know that I don't do fic! I'm a reader and lover of fic! Not a writer!
                            1-800-Iluv-JandT
                            sig by Sci!

Comment

Are we doing involuntary drafting now! No! You know that I don't do fic! I'm a reader and lover of fic! Not a writer!
                              Yup, it's the JT draft. Anyone who posts in the thread in the next 24 hours will be signed up for it. And I know you have a writer's heart.

Sci!!!!!

OT--
                              Spoiler:
                              How is everything going?
                              sigpic
                              Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

I noticed that, too. Weird.

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post

I'm not much of a writer. But... okay. Sign me up.

Missed you too, Sci! *hugs*

my ships

Comment

Working...
                                X