John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Er, hi, guys.

I'm not entirely sure how to put this, so... please don't assume I'm attacking anyone? I've been lurking in this thread during the last week, and I'm really bothered by how you're referring to the majority of Shep/Weir shippers as "the enemy." It could be that you're just joking around and that's not translating well in text, but I've also seen a lot of references to gearing up for a fight over ship. That's really not a nice thing to say about people who disagree with you.

Again, it's possible I've misunderstood some kind of thread joke; that's happened before. But on the chance that you're serious... If you act like you're fighting a ship war, you will be. None of us should want that. A lot of the things I've read in here about Shep/Weir shippers have been hurtful. You're really not doing yourselves any favors by calling us the enemy.

*goes back in hiding*
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
      Everytime I think 'chosen one' I think Neo from Matrix...*sorry *

If ya need to be warmed up one should try some of Teyla's Athosian tea...I have two kinds the regular brew and then the Strong tea...comes in packs of twelve and I do ship worldwide...

I am hoping that Teyla is an important part to the downfall of the wraith maybe if she embraces her connection to them and uses it against them like in 'Siege 3'...plus who can be by herside to help her cope with her growing connection to the wraith but Shep!
      Every time I hear "chosen one" I think Harry Potter
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Mints? Spies? Please explain the *in jokes*.

Comment

Melyanna -- thanks for bringing that up. Anytime you ever feel that we cross the line, DO NOT hesitate to bring it to our attention -- we won't know to change anything unless we're made aware of it. Oh, and don't feel like you have to go into hiding! You're not going to get tomatoes thrown at you or anything like that. We want to make this thread okay for anyone to come to, so I'm really, really sorry that we hurt you. I personally don't see you guys as "the enemy" -- the whole point of ship is to allow different perceptions of the characters. This forum is supposed to be fun for everyone to come to, and I feel terrible that we took that away from you. I'm so sorry.

Guys, let's try to remember that it's no fun being on the receiving end of those kinds of words (I've been there, so I know), so could we keep that kind of talk down? I really like that we've been getting posters from all different ship leanings, so let's keep the conversation in here more geared for everyone. Please? S/W people are really really great (for the most part, right Whistler? ), and they shouldn't feel like they need to avoid this thread. So can we put the kibosh on the enemy stuff for the sake of peace? I know it was meant as a joke, but jokes can be really hurtful. Thanks a bunch guys in advance -- I know I can count on you to do what's right!

Melyanna, again, I'm so sorry that we made you feel bad. Please don't hesitate to mention these sorts of things in the future. I feel worse knowing that you've been uncomfortable for a full week and were afraid to say anything for fear of being attacked. I promise that we're not like that here, and never feel as though you would be bashed for bringing up your points. Next time, post as soon as you see the thread heading where it doesn't belong, or PM me if it makes you more comfortable -- we can only fix it if we know about it. Thanks and I hope this doesn't drive you away forever.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

It's really nice that you keep this open to lots of different Shippers. So much more open than a lot of ship threads, so yey! Please keep it like that. Well done SnoggingPicard for bringing it up!

Comment

Originally posted by GeataRealt
              Calm down EW i'll take care of you........hi i'm GeataRealt and i promise i won't do anything to try and convert you aganist your will *smiles big friendly smile*.......now let me get you a drink.........*gets glass of water and while EW isn't looking pours some sort of powder in it*........here you go....this'll make you feel much better.........
              ...*grines evily*
              Ok ok, I'm fine. I'm cool. Drinks a little...Gives GR a weird look because of funny aftertaste...What's in the drink?

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

SP, thanks for that response, and for the PM. I kind of figured it was a joke, but not everything on the internet that's supposed to be funny actually translates that way.

And part of the reason that I didn't say anything for a while was that I've been in a bad mood about things fandom-related, and knew if I said anything, it was going to be hostile. So please, don't take all the blame upon yourself for me not posting earlier.
                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                Last update: 14 April 2006
                Melyanna's Multimedia
                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Hey again Melyanna. BTW, I don't mean to seem hostile on the S/W thread... just voicing opinions, like you do here. I think it's great we can cross over.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony Wolf
                    Ok ok, I'm fine. I'm cool. Drinks a little...Gives GR a weird look because of funny aftertaste...What's in the drink?
                    Oh nothing just a little something to infect you with the shep/teyla disease *laughs evily*

(We should do this more often, its fun!!!)

I like work. It fascinates me. I sit and look at it for hours.

A positive attitude may not solve everything, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Comment

It's not a disease!!! It's a... a... life saving genetic improvement!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        It's not a disease!!! It's a... a... life saving genetic improvement!
                        Thats the word i was looking for sorry..... i was slightly distracted at the time

A positive attitude may not solve everything, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Comment

So you should be (sorry, not distracted, I mean).

I thought you of all people would see that, given your sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            So you should be (sorry, not distracted, I mean).

I thought you of all people would see that, given your sig!
                            i'm really really sorry oh mighty one.....please forgivre me *bowsa before the great Tracey Jane*

Would it help if mentioned that i'm secretly a sam/jack shipper?

Comment

Oh nothing just a little something to infect you with the shep/teyla disease *laughs evily*
                              Um... Don't you know the S/W people distributed a vaccine for that!?
                              This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

i'm really really sorry oh mighty one.....please forgivre me *bowsa before the great Tracey Jane*

Would it help if mentioned that i'm secretly a sam/jack shipper?
                                Wow! Been on the thread a few days and someone with a name very similar to mine is already being worshipped!

Well, it's not such a secret anymore, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X