John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Hey, just to follow on, now I''ve caught up with the real time conversation. As a proud Jack / Sam shipper, I am going to impart a few words of "wisdom" (i.e the blantantly obvious dressed up in Christmas frillies).

TPTB have now had 8-9 years of playing tricks, time loops, viruses, nanites, hallucinations, alternate realities etc on us. Somehow (hate to say it, guys, love you as I do), I can't see them giving way in one season. You're in for a long long ride, but it'll be worth it in the end.

I always thought John and Teyla were meant to be together, there was a spark from the beginning. Now I'm sure. And your friendliness, conviction and loyalty has convinced me. For a Jack / Sam shipper, I feel it all beginning again, and it makes my heart go fuzzy.

So let me propose a toast from one shipper for her new adopted family: To John and Teyla: may the powers that be learn from their past mistakes!
    Welcome to the family Tracy Jane! Very glad to have you! To me to this thread reminds me of the days when you could hang out in the S/J thread and everybody was passing out happy thought, virtual chocolate and hugs. Anyway every thread has it's own equalibrium and S/J seems like it was thrown off a bit. I hope this one never changes For myself I don't count on a satisfying resolution from TPTB. I'd like one, but it's the looks, moments, smiles and angst that got me into S/J and that's what holds me here. So, three cheers for the warm fuzzies, and if you ever need to know how to make a rotating sig-for something shep/telya-just ask

Comment

Oh, so many nice things to comment on here, but let me first give a huge shout-out to the new faces that have been posting. Luz, Tracy Jane, mentalmichael, HyperCaz -- it's great to have you here, and please, please come hang out as often as you like. To everyone, let's keep up the nice, civilized inter-ship discussion we have going here. You have no idea how happy it makes me that we have Shep/Weir shippers who feel comfortable enough to post here and ask us questions. I guess I'm one of those "let's hold hands and make merry" type people, but it's awesome that we're getting along. Extra special hugs to those brave, wonderful inter-ship trekkers that have been visiting lately -- hopefully you'll tell everyone else that we don't bite and you'll come around more often. We'd LOVE to have you!

Okay...off my proverbial, gushy, peace-lovin' soapbox and on to some actual stuff...

mentalmichael: I couldn't agree more with your comments about the implications of
      Spoiler:
      the future kiss in "TLG". I'm going to wait until I actually see the entire episode to really make a call on it, but I tend to think TPTB are just leaving all of their avenues open at this point. The fact that they're throwing out a S/T and a S/W kiss in such a short amount of time, and both of them involving at least some degree of "not-themself-ness", I think it's safe to say that nothing is decided yet ship-wise and that they definitely are just playing with us. Maybe they're just exploring their options, but I have a feeling that we're in for a long trek to any actual ship emerging.

Luz: Aw! Here's some cyber cookies from me and some nice hot tea. It'll all work out, I promise, and in the meantime, feel free to crash here whenever you need a break from squee-dom.
      Spoiler:
      While I don't think that the kiss itself is going to mean anything in particular, just because the whole (maybe even total) alien influence thing allows them to conveniently dismiss their actions, it'll be interesting to see the episode wrap-up for the characters. I know a lot of us S/T shippers knew that "our" kiss couldn't be completely taken as shippy because of the situation, but most of us really thought the last scene of "Conversion" was much more telling of the relationship between the characters. While I know the S/W folk saw the ship as sunk with their discussion, we interpreted it differently, and I have no doubt that "TLG" will hold something similar for you guys -- hope is not lost for any of us yet!! I know the frustration you feel with the whole tug-of-war thing that's going on ship-wise, and these "first kisses" do seem like the easy way out for TPTB. Hang in there. We're here to dump if you need to, and rest assured that we probably won't get any definite answers for at least another year. It's the long haul for us all.

Tracy Jane: Squee! We've got at least three S/J and S/T shippers here now -- you, me, and Mel! Any more for the list? And yes, as someone who has suffered long and hard for her ship (gosh, it's been nine years? Jeepers time flies!), I can guarantee that TPTB are going to toy with us for quite some time. And boy, did they like to tease us with Sam and Jack -- too many "not quites" and AUs and amnesias and diseases to name. It's frustrating and it's disheartening at times, but that's what shipping's all about -- the good and the bad. We're definitely not going to see any big revelation for at least another year if TPTB are following past patterns, and even then, I could only see it evolving in baby steps. Still, for me, it's worth it. Sam/Jack was special, and I always get this warm, fuzzy feeling with them. And I gotta say, my little shippy heart went all pitter-pat when I started noticing Shep and Teyla as well. There's something there, and right now, it's good enough for me. I'll second that toast -- learn from the past, look to the future, and relish the present. Cheers, folks.
      Last edited by SnoggingPicard; 09 December 2005, 04:04 PM.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Ack it happened again...I am doomed to miss my buddy geataRealt...Noooo!!!

Snowing?! I'm jealous...not much snow here in Southern CA but for all of my Shepmagans I'm knitting some chenile John/Teyla scarves...can't have anyone catching a cold...

Hello Hypercaz and Tracy Jane...Would you care for a pair of complimentary Shepmagan Shipper glasses...how about a hat...I have tatoos...no?...maybe?...You Do!

Grabs new shippers by the arms and drags into store where proceeds to deck the shippers with everything John/Teyla....

I am glad to see new friends coming to visit our little shipperdom...whether they are John/Teyla fans or not...All is welcome to this happy place....(grabbed that line from somewhere....*thinks*...oh Disneyland! Snow has Disney on the brain...the only snow I had was after the fireworks at Disneyland...so pathetic but I thought it was neat...

Must Thanks Mel for supplying Witchy with new wand...dusted the place earlier this week to keep thread spiffy for any guests that might drop on by...I coulda misplaced it...sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl

Must Thanks Mel for supplying Witchy with new wand...dusted the place earlier this week to keep thread spiffy for any guests that might drop on by...I coulda misplaced it...sorry!
          Well at least you dusted, I'm not much of a housekeeper I'm afraid especially in a happy place like this, so some of those candy bar wrappers you picked up were probably mine...

Comment

Forgot to mention: Camy PM'd me and was wondering if anyone would be up for possibly chatting this Sunday evening at around 9:00. I will have my nose in a chemistry book, so I might be conspicuously absent, but that's the preliminary plan. Have a great night, guys!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
              Forgot to mention: Camy PM'd me and was wondering if anyone would be up for possibly chatting this Sunday evening at around 9:00. I will have my nose in a chemistry book, so I might be conspicuously absent, but that's the preliminary plan. Have a great night, guys!
              I'm probably good for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                Hey, just to follow on, now I''ve caught up with the real time conversation. As a proud Jack / Sam shipper, I am going to impart a few words of "wisdom" (i.e the blantantly obvious dressed up in Christmas frillies).

TPTB have now had 8-9 years of playing tricks, time loops, viruses, nanites, hallucinations, alternate realities etc on us. Somehow (hate to say it, guys, love you as I do), I can't see them giving way in one season. You're in for a long long ride, but it'll be worth it in the end.

I always thought John and Teyla were meant to be together, there was a spark from the beginning. Now I'm sure. And your friendliness, conviction and loyalty has convinced me. For a Jack / Sam shipper, I feel it all beginning again, and it makes my heart go fuzzy.

So let me propose a toast from one shipper for her new adopted family: To John and Teyla: may the powers that be learn from their past mistakes!
                You really are cool!

I am in for the long run...10 seasons here I come...

*Goes into back of store and comes out with glasses and sparkling apple juice*

Pours everyone a glass...raises into air...TO JOHN & TEYLA...

Comment

Thanks again for all the warm hugs and greetings (not like the blanks I get on what used to be my home pastures). Nice illustration, there, forgot about that.

Anyway, have to leave you now, because my new tablets are giving me horrid queasy side effects. I feel bed. Self-inflicted to a certain extent. I'm not supposed to drink.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Oh... almost forgot....

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Hey, people! Stopping in to rest from all the Finals headaches. My visits will be sporadic for the next week and a half because of finals, and then I'm starting full time work immediately during the winter break. So I just wanted to come in and wish you guys happy holidays or happy new year if I don't really get the chance to say it later.

Or, shall I say, Happy Shipping!

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                      I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                      Spoiler:
                      Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
                        Hey, people! Stopping in to rest from all the Finals headaches. My visits will be sporadic for the next week and a half because of finals, and then I'm starting full time work immediately during the winter break. So I just wanted to come in and wish you guys happy holidays or happy new year if I don't really get the chance to say it later.

Or, shall I say, Happy Shipping!
                        Oh, you and me both Whistler. This weekend is likely going to treat me kinda nastily, so I probably won't be around as much either. Good luck with everything -- and to everyone else who's finishing up school for the semester -- and happy Festichristmahannukwanzadan to you as well. We'll miss seeing you around!

Comment

Ranks? So am I bumped down to "peon" since i've been AWOL so long? Anyways the downstairs heater broke and it made it like 10 degrees colder up here! 42 and falling outside! (that's cold to us) ok other shippers, I'm sorry for any comments I may have made (then erased) in the past and I'm glad you're all on visiting terms. And now I will attempt to type Sheyla, in 133t. 5h31a

EDIT: Snoggingpicard, what kind of dog is that, it looks just like my uncles!

Comment

Ooooh, don't you love not having heat? My house is about 170 years old and the heat is basically non-existant...yeah, I live in the attic, and you can see your breath up there all winter. But it's darn good sleeping weather -- you get all snugged up in huge blankets with a few big moose-like dogs to keep you company...mmmmm...lovely. Okay, off-topic, but dorm rooms just aren't the same! Keep warm -- it'd stink if you're fingers got so cold you couldn't post in GW!! Ooh, a whole other fic idea -- Shep and Teyla stuck in the wilderness and it's getting cold. Snuggle time! Hmmm...might have to take that one on. Christmas break...I think so!

Comment

for some reason all I can think about is Teyla being a wraith spy, taking over atlantis, and keeping John as a pet, is something wrong with me? Ok that AND Teyla being the Wraith's CHOSEN ONE! Freaky!

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
                                Ranks? So am I bumped down to "peon" since i've been AWOL so long? Anyways the downstairs heater broke and it made it like 10 degrees colder up here! 42 and falling outside! (that's cold to us) ok other shippers, I'm sorry for any comments I may have made (then erased) in the past and I'm glad you're all on visiting terms. And now I will attempt to type Sheyla, in 133t. 5h31a

EDIT: Snoggingpicard, what kind of dog is that, it looks just like my uncles!

42 degress... ...I'm frozen at 50....

I like SP's thinking....stranded alone in the wilderness...the sun is going down...the temperature is dropping...Snuggle time!

I'll be waiting for this fic after you're done with finals...

Comment

Working...
                                X