John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camy View Post
    Hi guys...THANK YOU to all for the GREAT reviews....

It means the world to me...I actually didn't get any reviews in the fandom that I actually wrote it for...*sighs*

You can't win them all, I guess! Let me know if it works cause fanfic was giving me a hard time!

Here's chapter 2....

http://www.fanfiction.net/secure/liv...310&chapter=2/
    Just left you a review...great chapter Camy!

Nina I love your icon!!!
    sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
      LOL!

OT
      Spoiler:
      I thought somewhere along the line like the North Pole, Canadian border or some place like that. I am playing catch with your stories.

I will have to read the updates by Camy, Ruby, and the others tomorrow!

There are too many fics to read.
      LOL, LOL, LOL! I kind of like the North Pole.
      Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
        Perhaps I may. When I started writing these ones here, I had intended something else to happen but have changed it to another time so what I've written kind of doesn't fit because there is going to be another "What Had Happened" that is going to be much more... something that what I now have to make the initial meeting, ya know? So yeah, I might, just to explain it but we'll see where to muse takes me.
        Now you have me even more curious!, can't wait to see what is the other "What Had Happened"!.
        sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
          They came out really good Donna!!!...you keep getting better and better!..your doing some really nice banners!
          Oh Donna! I'm sorry I missed your banners! I was trying to get caught up on everything (as shown by my totally spamming the thread, LOL!) and was afraid I was missing a few things. So ditto to what Mayra said! Those are BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

That, my dear, would be ideal I was making vids on my other computer but since I had to get my new one I lost all my clips so I am not even attempting to do any just now - have got far too much on my plate, atm.

I don't intend for these things to turn out the way they do - you mentioned that you loved how it jumped right into it (the kiss) and then out with a small explaation, and someone else over on ff.net said the same but when I wrote it, I didn't PLAN it to have that effect; it just seemed right in my head for it to be that way.

Don't forget the name of this 'series' as it too has meaning on the over all feel of it. Diaphanous.
            Is there one song you would request over another? It might be a while for me too, but I'm trying! LOL! I also have promised my friend that I will not make any more vids in WMM. She is going to give me lessons on Premiere, which I've actually had for about a year, but still haven't used! So until I learn the program well enough to vid with it, vids are on hold at the moment. But I don't think it will take too long to learn! I hope not at least!

And I totally know what you mean about not always planning for a certain effect. That has happened to me before too and sometimes it comes out in a way I didn't even notice until someone else points it out! And yet other times it is all meticulously planned. I find it that way for both stories and vids!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
              Is there one song you would request over another? It might be a while for me too, but I'm trying! LOL! I also have promised my friend that I will not make any more vids in WMM. She is going to give me lessons on Premiere, which I've actually had for about a year, but still haven't used! So until I learn the program well enough to vid with it, vids are on hold at the moment. But I don't think it will take too long to learn! I hope not at least!

And I totally know what you mean about not always planning for a certain effect. That has happened to me before too and sometimes it comes out in a way I didn't even notice until someone else points it out! And yet other times it is all meticulously planned. I find it that way for both stories and vids!
              Well, whichever you prefer fits the series better with clips that you can use. Lol.

Ah, the creative mind baffles me, it truly does.
              which is why I'm off to the land of nod, folks. I'll see you all when I see you...

G'Night
              don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Okay, that totally made my WEEK! *Grins* Thank you so much!!! Once again, I love your take on adding the subtlies of a relationship while still keeping in tone with the Stargate universe. Absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much!! Now I just have to sit back and wait impatiently for Relic. Speaking of which, will Relic be a continuation of this storyline or separate since you originally started that one first?
                Thanks for the love!

Steph:
                Spoiler:
                Spoilered for OT:

I have to move Relic out of season three now. I like to move forward, can't jump back. Do you remember how they lost the doctor, Dr. Moran, in Belleron? In the first outline, they find him on a lead from the Athosians on a planet and he doesn't know who he is. The planet's culled before they get answers, so they have to go back where they lost the doctor, the planet Jenev.

Now that Relic takes place in season four, no Athosians. So I'm still working on a reason for the team to be wandering aimlessly when the Asurans are killing off planets.

Oh, and I changed Dr. Moran to another character ...

I like the Exiles, and the relic is something of theirs. The planet Jenev was a desert planet in the old outline. Now it's a water planet, like the US if all the low elevations flooded and then someone built an underwater subway connecting cities built in, say, the Appalachians, the Rockies, the San Gabriel, etc. There are nine mini-civilizations connected by these underwater tunnels that were made by the Exiles.

I haven't figured out the theme. When I do, I'll type faster. I'm only 8 pages in, and the Teyla stuff I had to change because she's too happy (you know, season three) for her people to be missing.

Crystal Room was about blame, Dark Matter about loss, Proteus about surviving, Covenant about keeping promises, and Belleron sort of continued Covenant's theme about keeping promises too. Relic's a horror tale with terrorists. There's whump. One thing I regret ... the end, which is already clear in my head, has to change because now I'm writing Teyla pregnant, she can't take that kind of whump, trust me. I'll just have to whump her in the middle of the fic somewhere. You'll see what I mean when you read it!

On the J/T side, I get to let John dwell on fatherhood, his place in the Pegasus after the expedition's time ends ... since he's a daddy and all. If I were him, I'd really worry about this. Daniel Jackson, Teal'c, and Vala have had meaningful, complicated relationships off-world and with people not of their worlds. Stargate's done it before. I don't want to see John overprotective because I like it when he respects Teyla's strength but now at least John and Teyla can be open. Hey, everybody knows. And in my perfect Atlantis bubble, he worships the air she breathes and she loves him right back.

Now I've got to get off Gateworld ... this place is addictive!

Comment

Well, whichever you prefer fits the series better with clips that you can use. Lol.

Ah, the creative mind baffles me, it truly does.
                  which is why I'm off to the land of nod, folks. I'll see you all when I see you...

G'Night
                  LOL! Sounds good.

Comment

Oh Donna! I'm sorry I missed your banners! I was trying to get caught up on everything (as shown by my totally spamming the thread, LOL!) and was afraid I was missing a few things. So ditto to what Mayra said! Those are BEAUTIFUL!
                    Hi Steph! Speaking of art . . . like my new sig?

Good night all!
                    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
                      I will have to read the updates by Camy, Ruby, and the others tomorrow!

There are too many fics to read.
                      LOL, yeah...it seems like the Muse is out in full force. YAY for JT fics! Once the epilogue for Deception is written, I'm taking a break and catching up on all my reading
                      sigpic
                      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
                        Thanks for the love!

Steph:
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoilered for OT:

I have to move Relic out of season three now. I like to move forward, can't jump back. Do you remember how they lost the doctor, Dr. Moran, in Belleron? In the first outline, they find him on a lead from the Athosians on a planet and he doesn't know who he is. The planet's culled before they get answers, so they have to go back where they lost the doctor, the planet Jenev.

Now that Relic takes place in season four, no Athosians. So I'm still working on a reason for the team to be wandering aimlessly when the Asurans are killing off planets.

Oh, and I changed Dr. Moran to another character ...

I like the Exiles, and the relic is something of theirs. The planet Jenev was a desert planet in the old outline. Now it's a water planet, like the US if all the low elevations flooded and then someone built an underwater subway connecting cities built in, say, the Appalachians, the Rockies, the San Gabriel, etc. There are nine mini-civilizations connected by these underwater tunnels that were made by the Exiles.

I haven't figured out the theme. When I do, I'll type faster. I'm only 8 pages in, and the Teyla stuff I had to change because she's too happy (you know, season three) for her people to be missing.

Crystal Room was about blame, Dark Matter about loss, Proteus about surviving, Covenant about keeping promises, and Belleron sort of continued Covenant's theme about keeping promises too. Relic's a horror tale with terrorists. There's whump. One thing I regret ... the end, which is already clear in my head, has to change because now I'm writing Teyla pregnant, she can't take that kind of whump, trust me. I'll just have to whump her in the middle of the fic somewhere. You'll see what I mean when you read it!

On the J/T side, I get to let John dwell on fatherhood, his place in the Pegasus after the expedition's time ends ... since he's a daddy and all. If I were him, I'd really worry about this. Daniel Jackson, Teal'c, and Vala have had meaningful, complicated relationships off-world and with people not of their worlds. Stargate's done it before. I don't want to see John overprotective because I like it when he respects Teyla's strength but now at least John and Teyla can be open. Hey, everybody knows. And in my perfect Atlantis bubble, he worships the air she breathes and she loves him right back.

Now I've got to get off Gateworld ... this place is addictive!
                        Oh, I love learning the "behind the scenes" thought process on fics. (I'm weird that way!) Thank you!

OT:

Spoiler:
                        I'm actually really pleased that you've brought the series into season four. I think it gives you a whole new level to play with for these characters and gives even more angst and depth to what you've already created. I also love the touching base with the "reality" of the show, if you will, and molding it to fit your own creation. I find that challenge to be exciting myself and absolutely LOVE when someone can master this and master it well as you have.

Good thoughts so far for Relic! A reason for the team to be wandering aimlessly....would the obligatory search for the missing Athosians (perhaps a bad lead) be too simplistic or convenient?

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                          Hi Steph! Speaking of art . . . like my new sig?

Good night all!
                          AH!! I'm so sorry I missed it! It is GORGEOUS!!!! And one of my favorite eps too! You lucky girl! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                            LOL, yeah...it seems like the Muse is out in full force. YAY for JT fics! Once the epilogue for Deception is written, I'm taking a break and catching up on all my reading
                            I know I am still trying to read all of them! But, y'all are some fic writin' folks!
                            I so love that too!

And, to think, SGA everyday now for an hour a day! Life is good! I experienced the meeting of JT for the very first time again in the first pt. of Rising! Can I just say they are HOT in those scenes!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!! I never tire of seeing them!
                            1-800-Iluv-JandT
                            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

AH!! I'm so sorry I missed it! It is GORGEOUS!!!! And one of my favorite eps too! You lucky girl! LOL!
                              Aw, thanks!

Ditto about all the fics! I haven't read all of them yet . . . but I will!
                              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I. Am. Done.

Deception is complete!!! See my resolution to complete projects is already going well, LOL. I hope y'all like it!
                                sigpic
                                Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X